Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-08, 11:10   Link #541
Bombo
TSF Fans

Ryner and Ferris are awesome
two scene I like it between them..meeting with shion and second againts Miran

I really love ferris <3 <3 soo cuuuuuuuuuuuute when she eating her food and ryner pissed off....

Finally milk in the show next episode...I can't wait it...!!!!!!
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 16:15   Link #542
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Spoiler for images.:
Old 2010-08-08, 19:50   Link #543
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
Sion knew full well what Miran intended to do, regardless of wether he ordered him to or not. I also believe he tried to get Ryner and Ferris away from Toale so Miran could kill him off easily, but judging from his reaction at the end, he may have miscalculated how to keep them away...that, or he actually considered acceptable to sacrifice them...
I'm pretty sure that Miran was just taking things too far based on what he wants for Sion. He thought that Toale would be a good ruler which would be a negative for Sion when it comes to conquering. So he took the initiative in getting rid of that threat. That encounter just proved to Sion how much of a danger Miran is. Leave that guy alone and he could do some dangerous stuff. Unless someone can read minds there is nothing to prove that Sion had any clue that Miran would take that action.

The Ferris and Ryner beating up does get a bit tiring since it's almost the entirety of Ferris's character.
Old 2010-08-08, 20:40   Link #544
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralha View Post
Ferris' abuse of Ryner is so irritating. Everything else is fine: great setting, great plot, great animation, interesting characters, love the action scenes & effects. I even like the Ferris/Ryner pairing. I just wish they'd toss the petty slapstick out the window.

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Agree.
It annoyed in the first episode, but now is unbearable.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 20:53   Link #545
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm pretty sure that Miran was just taking things too far based on what he wants for Sion. He thought that Toale would be a good ruler which would be a negative for Sion when it comes to conquering. So he took the initiative in getting rid of that threat. That encounter just proved to Sion how much of a danger Miran is. Leave that guy alone and he could do some dangerous stuff. Unless someone can read minds there is nothing to prove that Sion had any clue that Miran would take that action.

The Ferris and Ryner beating up does get a bit tiring since it's almost the entirety of Ferris's character.
it is Shion's job to know more bout his subordinates, now he realised Milan's character he should be able to use/control him better

to me the Ferris beating Ryner parts seems fun, anyway both of them are monsters that seem to heal very fast

why does Milan has to flash his red light ring ALL the time...
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 00:06   Link #546
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
it is Shion's job to know more bout his subordinates, now he realised Milan's character he should be able to use/control him better

to me the Ferris beating Ryner parts seems fun, anyway both of them are monsters that seem to heal very fast

why does Milan has to flash his red light ring ALL the time...
Gotta show off that bling Yo!
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 00:57   Link #547
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Another fun episode, it seems like most people here are split between whether they like the Ryner and Ferris interaction or not. I personally like it and hope it keeps developing more as the season goes on.

I also liked the fight between R&F and Miran, even though I wish that Ryner would have taken it more seriously and completely pawn Miran but I guess that will come later.

Next episode seems great with Milk catching up to Ryner and there also seems like there will be some decent action, so looking forward for the next episode.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 01:12   Link #548
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I'm not annoyed by the Ferris beatings, but they don't have any point to them apart from getting cheap laughs. I prefer something like Ferris' storybook tale last episode because even if she was 'abusing' Ryner, it revealed something about herself.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 02:24   Link #549
Etherdrone
The Questgiver

Episode 6.

Good episode overall. The story has a great pacing, the characters and their interactions are always fun to see, and the fight scene was full of detail.

What bothers me the most however, is that Toale did not recognize Sion, even by his name. Granted he's not been a king for long, but he still is the "Social Friendly Sion Astal" back home! Maybe this wouldn't be the case however, due to the fact this is Nelpha, and names exist everywhere, so who knows.

Also, the red shiny ring. I had a flash on my mind, of Miran blinging the ring like, 50 times in front of a frowning Sion in a dark room in total silence. What's the point? Does he keep a happy trigger finger on the 'flash' button? Is he trying to raise questions like this one from the viewers?

And of course, Ferris and Ryner's 'during combat' dialogue. The moment Ferris threw her sword at him, that would've given Miran half a dozen opportunities to slaughter them. You don't threaten your comrade-in-arms's life during a fight against a rather powerful opponent. Especially like that.

Conclusion, the episode is solid enough. It has a few oddities here and there, but it doesn't spoil the fun, neither the build-up for the rest of the series in the slightest. Ferris' abuse on Ryner is actually her gimmick, but I hope she changes it, even if slightly. Farting in the tub once is fun, but after the 50th fart, you probably don't want to stay in that water anymore.

Etherdrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 05:57   Link #550
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Firstly, FxR went back because they had disposed of the assassins. And they thought that was it so their job was over. The fight scene was actually cut out, and only a few bodies were shown. It was one-sided anyway so there ain't much to show.

Toale did nothing. In fact, it was mentioned that his father started conspiring with other nobles, including those of Roland, since the king (of Nelpha) started having thoughts of changing the successor to Toale. Miran just thought Toale as posing a future threat, if he becomes king, to Roland's ambition to conquering the continent, and decided to remove him.
I rewatched that part. Shion went off to the king to tell him what happened and Miran left to finish off the remaining conspirators. Shion didn't anticipate Miran was going after Toale so soon. He screwed up. His lack of foresight pit Miran against Ryner and Ferris.

There is a method to Ferris' madness. Ryner is really unmotivated and lethargic. She's beating the laziness out of him and spurring him onward. Kiefer and Shion never managed that before.

She doesn't beat him gratuitously. She's conditioning him.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 08:50   Link #551
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I rewatched that part. Shion went off to the king to tell him what happened and Miran left to finish off the remaining conspirators. Shion didn't anticipate Miran was going after Toale so soon. He screwed up. His lack of foresight pit Miran against Ryner and Ferris.

There is a method to Ferris' madness. Ryner is really unmotivated and lethargic. She's beating the laziness out of him and spurring him onward. Kiefer and Shion never managed that before.

She doesn't beat him gratuitously. She's conditioning him.
Lazy puppies need to be trained with a firm hand!
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 10:03   Link #552
larethian

The thing about the FxR-abuse comic relief scenes. The author intended Ferris to enjoy "abusing" Ryner as part of her personality and you can't be rid of it LOL. She's just expressing herself as intended. Besides, that's the only way she can express herself (to date w.r.t anime timeline) unreservedly aside from contentment (from eating dango). In fact, the first time she managed a mild heartfelt smile is at the end of episode 6! Though one may expect to see a few "dere" scenes later. Just a few, not too many.

So if it's really annoying that after every episode that a comment has to be made about this FxR abuse joke, just drop the series, or live with it LOL! Cos it's gonna keep coming LOL!
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 10:23   Link #553
Used Can

I've always wondered if the Japanese audience finds the whole beating gag as funny. I understand the manzai deal, but in my opinion, anything that's done far too many times can become boring and even irritating depending on how many times it is repeated.

I understand the idea that Ferris is just playing around with Ryner, as it was pointed out in episode 5, and that's perhaps good for a person like Ryner, but there are other ways to tease and joke around other than hitting him. All the same, this is just my opinion, and perhaps the Japanese audience never gets bored of these jokes.

Either way, has anyone here read the novels? I've read some parts of the first novels, has anyone read The Legend of the Great Heroes of Legend? If anyone has, can I request for some spoilers via PM?
Old 2010-08-09, 11:39   Link #554
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I've always wondered if the Japanese audience finds the whole beating gag as funny. I understand the manzai deal, but in my opinion, anything that's done far too many times can become boring and even irritating depending on how many times it is repeated.

I understand the idea that Ferris is just playing around with Ryner, as it was pointed out in episode 5, and that's perhaps good for a person like Ryner, but there are other ways to tease and joke around other than hitting him. All the same, this is just my opinion, and perhaps the Japanese audience never gets bored of these jokes.

Either way, has anyone here read the novels? I've read some parts of the first novels, has anyone read The Legend of the Great Heroes of Legend? If anyone has, can I request for some spoilers via PM?
What kind of spoilers are you looking for? :P. You can get plenty of spoilers from ja wiki. Though the fifth type of cursed eyes are yet to be documented. I haven't read that far myself (though I just imported the whole bunch of them, I'm busy with other series atm), though I believed its powers are not revealed yet.

By the way, I think that Ryner is an 'M' and secretly enjoys the beatings LOL :P
Old 2010-08-09, 12:12   Link #555
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
What kind of spoilers are you looking for?
You know, this and that. I want to know about the current state of affairs between the powers. How far the story has moved since the end of the 1st light novel. New characters and their relevance to the plot. Old characters and their current situation. How has Ryner's relationship with Ferris and Sion moved?

You know, the basics.
Old 2010-08-10, 02:24   Link #556
ninja_pintu

Looks like the next episode will be more ryner centered.
Old 2010-08-10, 21:09   Link #557
pampz21
ShipCore

not really...cuz its Milk centered....how to make reunion with Ryner

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 03:32   Link #558
larethian

After Milk, there will be a lot of politics, war, and Estabul stuff; a lot of talking, I remember dozing off a number of times as I was reading that LOL.

I just voted for Ferris in the official character poll:
http://www.denyuden.jp/vote/index.html
You get a link to Ryner's wallpaper after submitting the vote.
Old 2010-08-11, 08:59   Link #559
ninja_pintu

Even more talking? Damn. I was expecting some action T_T
Old 2010-08-11, 12:01   Link #560
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I wonder when we will be able to watch that amazing scene between Ryner and Ferris from the 2nd PV.....

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen