AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-13, 07:58   Link #3281
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricadan View Post
From the rumors I've heard, the 10-years reunion is just Kirino listening to her 15 yr old self asking her 25 yr old self how to solve her problems. This doesn't exactly sound very substantial, and I think someone said it is unlikely that they would spoil the ending of the series to those who only watch the anime.
Yes, if it is that way. Then it is almost clear that it will reveal nothing. How can they spoil the ending of the novel if the anime has not finished yet? And not everyone who watches the anime has read the novels. So if it really reveals something about how life continues after the novel volume 12. The one buying the blu ray would be confused if he read this. If he only watches anime.

I think that the ending that we have at this moment (unclear/or maybe not). Is the ending that we have to be satisfied with (if we liked it or not).

But there is always hope....................................... 19th we will know.

EDIT: Is the 10 after story being sold with the anime (blu ray/dvd) or is it sold separately? if it is the first then, I DONT EXPECT NOTHING FROM IT!
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:00   Link #3282
Ricadan
Formerly Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
Yeah, I find that hard to believe as well. The 10 years later story will maybe have a slight hint, but it will be open to interpretation again I'm sure.
Perhaps she could ask something like, "Will I ever be with the person I love?" That would be specific enough for Light Novel readers, but vague enough for anime viewers I think.

If Fushimi were to somehow (god forbid) make it even more ambiguous, he would be committing literary suicide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
EDIT: Is the 10 after story being sold with the anime (blu ray/dvd) or is it sold separately? if it is the first then, I DONT EXPECT NOTHING FROM IT!
I'm pretty sure it will be bundled with the blu-ray
Ricadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:09   Link #3283
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
I don't know why the desire to say that they don't love in a romantic way.
That isn't what I'm saying if you are referring to me. What I desire is of little consequence, the ending neither confirms or denies where they go with their relationship that is all I'm saying.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:15   Link #3284
Wilshere

Quote:
That isn't what I'm saying if you are referring to me. What I desire is of little consequence, the ending neither confirms or denies where they go with their relationship that is all I'm saying.
His mind was running amok when he saw her sleeping with him,he badly wanted to cuddle her,intentions are clear but of course its still ''ambiguous'' for some. For me I think its crystal clear,even if they promised I still dont believe it. Both were lying the whole time and now you expect them to say something true? Kirino finally got him to love her,doubt she will ever let him slip away ever.
Old 2013-06-13, 08:19   Link #3285
seangel92

Quote:
That is a opening ending, I want to believe that they would be together in a future, and other guy could think that they gonna be back to "normal siblings".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
His mind was running amok when he saw her sleeping with him,he badly wanted to cuddle her,intentions are clear but of course its still ''ambiguous'' for some. For me I think its crystal clear,even if they promised I still dont believe it. Both were lying the whole time and now you expect them to say something true? Kirino finally got him to love her,doubt she will ever let him slip away ever.
She sleep with him? (Without sex, for sure xD) I want to see it animated, I am not reading the vol12, I want to see the 13th episode and in the period between the 13th and the 14th I will read the vol12 D:
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:20   Link #3286
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
They were truthful with their feelings for each other but they lie about breaking it off, that doesn't flow, even more so since it was just them around and they have no reason to lie about breaking it off if they really are not ending it. His intentions don't translate to how their story continues after the ending, and Kirino is loved by him now whether romantic or as a sibling. He's not going anywhere, how they proceed is again up to the reader.
Old 2013-06-13, 08:24   Link #3287
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
I don't know why the desire to say that they don't love in a romantic way.
The problem with a novel for me is. You can't guess clearly what the character thinks and what he feels. Only if he says it clearly!

Face expressions etc are important too in knowing how sombody feels. The part of volume 12 at the ending when animated (hopefully) will make things much more clear.

It is very easy to twist things and give the story another meaning. Besides i also think it is hard to fully understand the japanese writting language trough translations. Even if it is a full translation, there will be always things that will make you confused because in Japanese those words have a double meaning.

And Oreimo is a novel were words are importent trough the whole story, to understand what had really happend. They way kirino acts from begin till end, the way kyousuke thinks and acts from the beginning till end. The writter is in my point of view not some stupid idiot.

Who thought fuck it. Let's go the harem route and we will see what happens. And after he wrote himself in a hole he thought shit what have i done. Let us repair it through an open ending to get everyone satesfied. noooo. I dont think that this were his actions.

I think from the start he wanted this ending. A hint for me was what someone told me. The way kirino asked kyousuke at the beginning what do you think about my hobby. In japanese it has a double meaning. She asked how he thinks about it in his own point of view and not the point of view of the society.

So practicaly she didnt care what society thought about her hobby. Why did she do this?. Why did she repeated a lot of times before she know sure that his point of view towards her hobby will not be made fun with? In the meantime she had normal friends like ayase etc. She didnt tell them about her hobbys. She didnt even care to make friends to share her hobby with them.

The solution to this is: it was a secret relationship that she wanted from the start, between her and her brother. And that is why i think it ended that way at the end. And this writter thought about this very well.

But this is just a interpetation so, it is for you to decide what to think about the story.
Old 2013-06-13, 08:25   Link #3288
AP24

So the 1st DVD/BD of the anime has a bonus novel that will take place 10 years after the LN's ending. This explains why the pre-order of the 1st BD/DVD had a sudden huge increase these past several days. The pre-order stalker points for the vol.1 BD of the anime reached almost 7000 a week ago (which took 2 months), but now it has reached over 17,000. Similar trend also occurred with DVD vol. 1. The start of the huge increase coincides with the LN final volume's release.

So I guess a lot of OreImo fans want to know what happens 10 years later as soon as possible that they would buy the BD/DVD.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:32   Link #3289
Wilshere

Did the author say that he will add contents outside from the novel to the anime so it can clear things up???
Old 2013-06-13, 08:33   Link #3290
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Did the author say that he will add contents outside from the novel to the anime so it can clear things up???
He did say that he will add some scenes that weren't in the novel,but he didn't say it would clear up anything.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:37   Link #3291
seangel92

Quote:
They were truthful with their feelings for each other but they lie about breaking it off, that doesn't flow, even more so since it was just them around and they have no reason to lie about breaking it off if they really are not ending it. His intentions don't translate to how their story continues after the ending, and Kirino is loved by him now whether romantic or as a sibling. He's not going anywhere, how they proceed is again up to the reader.
I think that they broke up because the social drawbacks. That love could repercute in a marginality (Study, find work, law ban the marriage between siblings) Kirino is a under-age, that could do that Kyosuke have serious problems with his live.

If I were him I would be waiting until she became into a adult. If she still in love with him, they could continue that history.

They still love each other in a romantic way but they think that is better to break up because their history love have serious problems with sociaty. She don't want to ruin his live and he the same with her.
Old 2013-06-13, 08:38   Link #3292
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
He did say that he will add some scenes that weren't in the novel,but he didn't say it would clear up anything.
I wonder what kind of scenes he'll add,anyway be at an open ending or not,I just want Volume 12 to be completely animated without cutting any scene nor any changes. This is all what I am asking for.
Old 2013-06-13, 08:38   Link #3293
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
So practicaly she didnt care what society thought about her hobby. Why did she do this?. Why did she repeated a lot of times before she know sure that his point of view towards her hobby will not be made fun with? In the meantime she had normal friends like ayase etc. She didnt tell them about her hobbys. She didnt even care to make friends to share her hobby with them.
I don't think it's fair to say she didn't want to make friends and share her hobby, it seems very important to her to be able to share her hobby throughout the series because she's been forced to hide it for so long. The way it ends up happening to Kyousuke is just by random chance because she dropped anime with eroge in it and her brother whom she's been at cold war with isn't disgusted or put off by her hobby he is completely supportive and understanding of her thus starting up her old feelings of infatuation with her brother and the warming up their relationship little by little.

Everything else you said I agree with though to one extent or another.

Quote:
I think that they broke up because the social drawbacks. That love could repercute in a marginality (Study, find work, law ban the marriage between siblings) Kirino is a under-age, that could do that Kyosuke have serious problems with his live.

If I were him I would be waiting until she became into a adult. If she still in love with him, they could continue that history.

They still love each other in a romantic way but they think that is better to break up because their history love have serious problems with sociaty.
This is a perfectly reasonable stance to take and I can agree with the logic behind it. If they end up cooling off and no longer being romantic so be it if it is still full blown love between them and they are both adults their pursuit of their feelings will be less of an issue. The societal pressure is a real thing for them to have to cope with(as well as Kirino being underage) so waiting until they can both support themselves is a good first step before becoming serious.
Edit: derped on spelling

Last edited by tommythecat; 2013-06-13 at 08:58.
Old 2013-06-13, 08:42   Link #3294
Ricadan
Formerly Anonymous

Quote:
It is very easy to twist things and give the story another meaning. Besides i also think it is hard to fully understand the japanese writting language trough translations. Even if it is a full translation, there will be always things that will make you confused because in Japanese those words have a double meaning.
Japanese sounds like a beautiful language to me.
Quote:
Who thought fuck it. Let's go the harem route and we will see what happens. And after he wrote himself in a hole he thought shit what have i done. Let us repair it through an open ending to get everyone satesfied. noooo. I dont think that this were his actions.
I feel like you are referring to my argument with this statement. I want to clarify, I don't think he wrote this ending to please everyone, that's not possible in real life. I only think he wrote this ending to create a balance between the romance and slice of life genres.
Also, I don't think the ending was open, just ambiguous. There is a difference there. Open would mean that we are not sure of Kyousuke and Kirino's feelings, but this is not the case. They are definitely in love with each other. When I say it is ambiguous, I mean that we do not know what they intend to do with those feelings. Just as you said, if they continue a secret relationship, that is still only an interpretation.
Ricadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:49   Link #3295
superD
ぷ い ぷ い !

This is to comment all those haters of the vol 12 outcome of the series, in this thread: Can't you read the damn title- Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai, in english:
My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute.

Bottom line, it's a story about a tsundere siscon, duhhh.
superD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:51   Link #3296
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricadan View Post
Japanese sounds like a beautiful language to me.

I feel like you are referring to my argument with this statement. I want to clarify, I don't think he wrote this ending to please everyone, that's not possible in real life. I only think he wrote this ending to create a balance between the romance and slice of life genres.
Also, I don't think the ending was open, just ambiguous. There is a difference there. Open would mean that we are not sure of Kyousuke and Kirino's feelings, but this is not the case. They are definitely in love with each other. When I say it is ambiguous, I mean that we do not know what they intend to do with those feelings. Just as you said, if they continue a secret relationship, that is still only an interpretation.
I dont reffer to your comment with this statement. This is my conclusion.
Old 2013-06-13, 08:52   Link #3297
seangel92

Quote:
This is a perfectly reasonable stance to take and I can agree with the logic behind it. If they end up cooling off and no longer being romantic so be it if it is still full blown love between them and they are both adults their pursuit of their feelings will be less of an issue. The societal pressure is a real thing for them to have to coup with(as well as Kirino being underage) so waiting until they can both support themselves is a good first step before becoming serious.
They still love each other, so why did they break up? I think that they love each other so much that it makes that she doesn't want to ruin his future and he doesn't want to ruin her future neither.
Old 2013-06-13, 08:52   Link #3298
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by superD View Post
This is to comment all those haters of the vol 12 outcome of the series, in this thread: Can't you read the damn title- Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai, in english:

Dont think anyone is hating,rather only arguing the end being ambiguous or not,thats it mate.
Old 2013-06-13, 08:55   Link #3299
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
They still love each other, so why did they break up? I think that they love each other so much that it makes that she doesn't want to ruin his future and he doesn't want to ruin her future neither.
I hope it's something like this because that says a lot more to me about their love than them just staying together and saying fuck the world
Old 2013-06-13, 08:57   Link #3300
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by superD View Post

we are only sharing our point of view about the ending. And besides we all like kirino here. , look at the pictures. Well not everybody but the most are kirino shippers.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings