AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-08, 22:14   Link #61
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
It clearly means the ones above god. It could also mean "other things" as well...

But this gives me excellent reverse ZNT vibes + everything else + it's Kazuma Kamachi= 11/10 anticipation score. And the anime has a chance of being better than the books... 12/10 anticipation score... now the deal will be sealed if Js06 agrees to translate it on BT when it comes out...
Please. Is there a Kamachi work Js06 doesn't do?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 22:23   Link #62
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
It clearly means the ones above god. It could also mean "other things" as well...

But this gives me excellent reverse ZNT vibes + everything else + it's Kazuma Kamachi= 11/10 anticipation score. And the anime has a chance of being better than the books... 12/10 anticipation score... now the deal will be sealed if Js06 agrees to translate it on BT when it comes out...
Do we have a name for the MC's uber goddess, or can I just assume its another form of Aiwass just for the fun of it?

Anyway, to me that either means it we're going elder gods territory or just an original set of mythologies exclusive to this series.

Anyway, I only hope this jump to a more "orthodox" type of novel isn't the same type as going from Asura Cryin to Strike the Blood.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 22:23   Link #63
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Please. Is there a Kamachi work Js06 doesn't do?
i still don't get why he can translated Kamachi's stuff so quickly. Differ from most LN author, Kamachi mostly never make up new name out of nowhere so you have to search Katakana and Kanji like a mad man to understand those name but he just breeze through.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 23:06   Link #64
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
i still don't get why he can translated Kamachi's stuff so quickly. Differ from most LN author, Kamachi mostly never make up new name out of nowhere so you have to search Katakana and Kanji like a mad man to understand those name but he just breeze through.
One conspiracy theory is that they are one and the same...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 23:16   Link #65
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
One conspiracy theory is that they are one and the same...
Lol. I can answer that conspiracy theory quickly. If it were true, Kamachi would have given the organizations in Index better Engrish names.

Also, don't say he's obfuscating stupidity lol.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 01:01   Link #66
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Does anyone noticed that Kamachi (Index), Tsutomu (Mahouka) and Kawahara (SAO) are all coming out with new series that are roughly the same sort of genre ?

Spoiler for size:
Old 2014-08-09, 04:28   Link #67
Echizen777

When I read the synopsis I have not the impression that he helps everyone like Touma but only girls.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 04:33   Link #68
dragon1412

Quote:
...Does anyone noticed that Kamachi (Index), Tsutomu (Mahouka) and Kawahara (SAO) are all coming out with new series that are roughly the same sort of genre ?

Spoiler for size:
well hybrid genre of Sci-fi x supernatural is the current trend, after all, there is already too much fantasy and sci-fi. The 1st thing nearest is Index which actualize magic vs science which prove to be a refreshing taste so many author is trying this type.
Old 2014-08-09, 04:58   Link #69
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
When I read the synopsis I have not the impression that he helps everyone like Touma but only girls.
Lets just say the author REALLY likes that set up of innocent girls being forced into a bad situation that's beyond their control (of sorts)

Or maybe there's a certain condition that's not mentioned in the synopsis?

Quote:
well hybrid genre of Sci-fi x supernatural is the current trend, after all, there is already too much fantasy and sci-fi. The 1st thing nearest is Index which actualize magic vs science which prove to be a refreshing taste so many author is trying this type.
I also like to think somewhere that the higher ups noticed this and somehow placed orders for more chuunibyouish series

He noticed the hype over OP characters and want more lol
Old 2014-08-09, 09:32   Link #70
bakato

Quote:
Maybe he's devoted. Maybe he's fluent. Maybe he's both.

Quote:
What can we say? It's a popular trend.

Quote:
Lets just say the author REALLY likes that set up of innocent girls being forced into a bad situation that's beyond their control (of sorts)

I also like to think somewhere that the higher ups noticed this and somehow placed orders for more chuunibyouish series

He noticed the hype over OP characters and want more lol
That would be within their job purview.
Old 2014-08-09, 10:14   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well back to over analysing the synopsis, what I'm curious is that the synopsis never really stated what kind of abilities summoners have, specifically how they fight with it.

Two options I can think off- it's either the "I choose you!" kind of battle where they hang back and like the summon do the heavy lifting (pokemon) and maybe contribute a little (FSN) , or they absorb the summon and acquire their powers (Shaman King, Persona)
Old 2014-08-09, 10:18   Link #72
bakato

Quote:
Well back to over analysing the synopsis, what I'm curious is that the synopsis never really stated what kind of abilities summoners have, specifically how they fight with it.

Two options I can think off- it's either the "I choose you!" kind of battle where they hang back and like the summon do the heavy lifting (pokemon) and maybe contribute a little (FSN) , or they absorb the summon and acquire their powers (Shaman King, Persona)
They're summoners. They summon things to fight for them. Seems a little self-explanatory. There's no reason for a synopsis to go more into detail than that.
Old 2014-08-09, 10:45   Link #73
dragon1412

Quote:

I'd bet on persona, it's hard to imagine Kamachi going to let his protagonist stand there and just summon.
Old 2014-08-09, 10:47   Link #74
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I just found out about this series today and I seriously hate being late for a party. I hate my new job. Anyways...

Ahem:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
September.

Cover art's better than before.

Art looks really pretty and interesting. I'm impressed and not to mention sold.
Quote:

Spoiler for size:
Well even if the concepts or the approaches are similar, but could hold some difference between them, all that matters is overall execution. The MC does interest me, but I wonder how Kazama-sensei will handle a potentially OP protagonist after making both Touma and Quenser weak but capable characters for so long. Hope the transition doesn't hinder his ability to write a difference archetype and develop them in believable and interesting ways.
Old 2014-08-09, 11:04   Link #75
Trung-t-rung

Quote:

I'd think it will be on the line of Shin Megami Tensei series. The protagonist have the same kind of power( maybe weaker) as their summons and they fight together as a team.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 15:10   Link #76
Echizen777

Quote:

He is called the Unkilling King so I guess he has powers related to regeneration or immortality? It's option 2 I think.

Quote:

Or maybe he is just a pervert .
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 19:47   Link #77
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
For Index or Blood Sign? Index, of course. I've Sound is involved.

Blood Sign? don't even know if it's deemed animu worthy and I doubt it will have the same staff as the other Dengeki series.
I would like it to be done by Back-On, love their songs.

Quote:

Oh god, please don't mention ZnT and please don't let it be anywhere near how that train wreck was.

Quote:

Spoiler for size:
Maybe they got together and decided they would have a competition on who would come out on top if they wrote similar LN, let's get ready to ruuuuummmmmbbbblllleeee!.
Old 2014-08-09, 21:07   Link #78
Kerfirou

IT is possible.

I've heard that Japanese author tend to got together.

and I just remembered a get together by Urobuchi Gen(Madoka, KRGaim, dll), Kinoko Nasu (Fate Series), Ryohgo Narita (Baccano!), Makoto Sanda (Rental Magica) and several other Authors where they played TRPG Game Mastered by Makoto Sanda.
Kerfirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 05:25   Link #79
whitecloud

judging from the art..that girl is most likely the summoned being, my guess it would be like persona 4 summon, in which the summon do fight and give the summoner some bit of power... (cue persona 4 golden battle song)
Old 2014-08-15, 01:27   Link #80
iheartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
He is called the Unkilling King so I guess he has powers related to regeneration or immortality? It's option 2 I think.
Actually if you look at the etymology "un" + "killing" it actually means "not killing". So maybe it refers to the protagonist's act of not killing others/his enemies. Another possible interpretation (according to wikitionary) is that unkill is a verb that means to bring somebody back to life, which would be hella OP.

Of course, there's always the explanation of misunderstood meanings/mistranslations while Kamachi really meant something like "Unkilled" or "Unkillable", etc.
iheartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, summoning