AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-17, 01:29   Link #4441
Flere821
Lurker

Okay, Battle Report's out, and Vol21 is now officially finished translated into Chinese by fans. The author said Vol21 and 22 was supposed to be one novel, but his editor basically said it's too long for a light novel and they decided to cut it in two.

here's the summary:
With all the nuclear missiles being planned, of they explode at the height of where the Star of Bethlehem is, the end result may be a disaster even worse than Chernobyl, but on a Global scale. Even so Bishop Nikolai is going ahead with it anyway, having gotten his hands on nuclear material from the collapse of the Soviet Russia, and bypassed the codes locking it by just dismantle the originals, removing the nuclear material and build new casings around them. Mikoto and #10777 decided to raid a nearby Academy City military base to find what they can do about stopping the nuclear strike, with Mikoto asking if #10777 knows how to drive.

Stiyl is fighting with Index, and hooked up the entire Necessarius HQ into his spells while he's running around. Index did a F/SN shoutout by doing a Emiya Shirou (with a bit of Gilgamesh mixed into this?), using a 'Gate of Babylon' spell that makes legendary weapons/artifacts (even multiple copies of the ones most effective against Stiyl's magic, eg 3 'Sword of Freya' that was stated its weilder has never suffered defeat, using Northern Europe legends as Stiyl's flame swords is based on Northern Europe magic) and firing them at Stiyl. This section ends with Stiyl summoning THREE Innocentius', pushing his body to his limits and Index decided the quickest way is to just blow Stiyl up to get rid of all three summons.

Academy City forces wiped out the troops planning a biological attack, but Shiage and Rikou got caught up in the blast and Shiage fainted. When Shiage finally woke up Mugino is right behind him and he narrowly avoided a eye-beam by her.

END Volume 21.

Author's Afterword: He mentioned 'Misha' isn't the only Archangel in IndexVerse, meaning he's planning to bring in another Archangel in Vol22?
Old 2010-09-17, 01:36   Link #4442
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Three archangels on the battlefield? O.o

Well, Michael is yet to appear, but Fiamma is almost the counterpart of Michael by using all those Angel-tier spells. Gabriel is being screwed by many of the main cast, and Uriel and Raphael have yet to appear.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-09-17, 01:40   Link #4443
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Okay, Battle Report's out, and Vol21 is now officially finished translated into Chinese by fans. The author said Vol21 and 22 was supposed to be one novel, but his editor basically said it's too long for a light novel and they decided to cut it in two.

here's the summary:
With all the nuclear missiles being planned, of they explode at the height of where the Star of Bethlehem is, the end result may be a disaster even worse than Chernobyl, but on a Global scale. Even so Bishop Nikolai is going ahead with it anyway, having gotten his hands on nuclear material from the collapse of the Soviet Russia, and bypassed the codes locking it by just dismantle the originals, removing the nuclear material and build new casings around them. Mikoto and #10777 decided to raid a nearby Academy City military base to find what they can do about stopping the nuclear strike, with Mikoto asking if #10777 knows how to drive.

Stiyl is fighting with Index, and hooked up the entire Necessarius HQ into his spells while he's running around. Index did a F/SN shoutout by doing a Emiya Shirou (with a bit of Gilgamesh mixed into this?), using a 'Gate of Babylon' spell that makes legendary weapons/artifacts (even multiple copies of the ones most effective against Stiyl's magic, eg 3 'Sword of Freya' that was stated its weilder has never suffered defeat, using Northern Europe legends as Stiyl's flame swords is based on Northern Europe magic) and firing them at Stiyl. This section ends with Stiyl summoning THREE Innocentius', pushing his body to his limits and Index decided the quickest way is to just blow Stiyl up to get rid of all three summons.

Academy City forces wiped out the troops planning a biological attack, but Shiage and Rikou got caught up in the blast and Shiage fainted. When Shiage finally woke up Mugino is right behind him and he narrowly avoided a eye-beam by her.

END Volume 21.
- Poor Styil, I only he hope he manages to keep himself alive as he did until now.

I have some questions:
Is Sasha alive?
Is Rikou alive?
Is Laure still trolling Stiyl?

Quote:
Author's Afterword: He mentioned 'Misha' isn't the only Archangel in IndexVerse, meaning he's planning to bring in another Archangel in Vol22?
Maybe Michael will descend to punish a certain holy ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Three archangels on the battlefield? O.o

Well, Michael is yet to appear, but Fiamma is almost the counterpart of Michael by using all those Angel-tier spells. Gabriel is being screwed by many of the main cast, and Uriel and Raphael have yet to appear.
Maybe, because both, Uriel and Raphael got better after the elements balance was restored.
Old 2010-09-17, 02:13   Link #4444
tsunade666

sasha is alive and with touma
rikou is also alive with shiage
laura.... dunno but if someone as sly as her dead then the whole necesarious is doom

I was wonder why would Fianma would go to such extent to get the imagine breaker.

He needs the balance of elements, misha, index knowledge and even goatskin. Just to complete his holy right so it can go against the imagine breaker.

Now what is imagine breaker? that it even needs the star of Bethlehem? and I think we all know who the star of Bethlehem shines for because it's the guide to the one who was to be called "God"
Old 2010-09-17, 03:44   Link #4445
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Just one question, how far up is the Star of Bethlehem?

Anyway, my opinion is that if there's any other Archangel that would show up, it's Michael. Both Uriel and Raphael have no reason to appear while there were all these big talks and hints about Michael for a long time. Besides, if Fiamma is going all out on Touma using Michael's power, it would make sense that whatever the outcome, Michael would have a say in it. Then just like how the author likes to one-up his super players, he can lay down the law and shown them the difference between him and Gabriel, and why he's the Top Dog.
Old 2010-09-17, 09:20   Link #4446
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It might look weird, but it isn't really that weird. I knew a guy in high school who had a beard and was 5 ft 11'' by 14. Stiyl looks old because he's tall, that voluminous priest robe, the smoking and his general attitude
See what happens when you smoke too much...
Old 2010-09-17, 09:56   Link #4447
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
no, he just vectored to deflect sweep

i guess the spoilers got mixed up, Accelerator used the AIM in kazakiri's wings to knock her back with that first scouting attack

a possibility is that to kill gabriel Accel used Kazakiri's wings but we dont know yet seeing as chinese trans not out.
No.....the kill was made by Hyouka and Accelerator going all out on the drained Gabriel. His Redirection could not fully resist the explosion of the dispersing Archangel so Hyouka helped him deflect it with her own power boosting his Redirect. Also, I still cannot believe he survived even the first Sweep.....that's world razing firepower conecentrated into a 2km target zone....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2010-09-17 at 11:27.
Old 2010-09-17, 10:05   Link #4448
addiC

Quote:
wow wow, this is beyond nightmare xD
Old 2010-09-17, 17:26   Link #4449
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Anyway, my opinion is that if there's any other Archangel that would show up, it's Michael. Both Uriel and Raphael have no reason to appear while there were all these big talks and hints about Michael for a long time. Besides, if Fiamma is going all out on Touma using Michael's power, it would make sense that whatever the outcome, Michael would have a say in it. Then just like how the author likes to one-up his super players, he can lay down the law and shown them the difference between him and Gabriel, and why he's the Top Dog.
In the novel illustrations the SoB appears to be in the stratosphere. In other words, damn high.

And God could send one of the other two archangels instead because of the elemental mix up.
Old 2010-09-17, 17:58   Link #4450
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
In the novel illustrations the SoB appears to be in the stratosphere. In other words, damn high.

And God could send one of the other two archangels instead because of the elemental mix up.
If God is still there... I think Michael is the best choice, being the leader of Heaven's army and the one who took down Lucifer.

Now that I mentioned Lucifer, shouldn't Michael take down Fiamma since he practically is doing the same Lucifer did?

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-09-17 at 18:17.
Old 2010-09-17, 18:06   Link #4451
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If God is still there... I think Michael is the best choice, being the leader of Heaven's army and the one who took down Lucifer.

Now that I mentioned Lucifer, shouldn't Michael take down Fiamam since he practically is doing the same Lucifer did?
They might not see it that way, similar to Misha, Fiamma is trying to set the world right again.
Old 2010-09-17, 18:17   Link #4452
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
They might not see it that way, similar to Misha, Fiamma is trying to set the world right again.
Misha didn't care Fiamma's plans because they had the same goals, bu unlike the angel fall tried to kill Touma and Touya because of the distortion of the world with grand magic, and actually Fiamma is going to use grand magic the guys above in the heaven aren't going to be happy to see another mess just after fixing one at the cost of an archangel getting pwned. Fixing the world is one thing but trying to becom higher than their boss is another very different.
Old 2010-09-17, 19:34   Link #4453
pikachuwei

Uriel and raphael and michael all come down~

and then aiwass kicks their heads in :3
Old 2010-09-17, 19:52   Link #4454
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Can Aiwass really defeat three (Arch)angels? And besides, he has decided to become a spectator.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-09-17, 21:21   Link #4455
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
Uriel and raphael and michael all come down~

and then aiwass kicks their heads in :3
Perhaps......Perhaps not......This is Michael we are talking about after all. And seeing how Fianma is with just a portion of its power.....

Aiwass really had better be something special if it came down to this
Old 2010-09-17, 23:01   Link #4456
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Misha didn't care Fiamma's plans because they had the same goals, bu unlike the angel fall tried to kill Touma and Touya because of the distortion of the world with grand magic, and actually Fiamma is going to use grand magic the guys above in the heaven aren't going to be happy to see another mess just after fixing one at the cost of an archangel getting pwned. Fixing the world is one thing but trying to becom higher than their boss is another very different.

Maybe they can't interfere because if they would interfere then they should have done it before it turn into a mess.

I wonder why they didn't do something just because of the elemental mix up but for them to just let it happen and turn like this.
Old 2010-09-17, 23:13   Link #4457
Tactless
Proofreader

Send a message via AIM to Tactless Send a message via Yahoo to Tactless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
For the other names
Stiyl=Magnus
Aireolus-Izzard
Misha-Croitsef
Shelly-Cromwell
Agnese=Sanctis
Lucia
Angelene
Oriana=Thomson
Ridovia=Lorenzetti
Laura=Stuart

For Biagio, unfortunately his Romanizations is not in the first guidebook since it's only in-depth details for vol.1-10(and with a little of vol.11-13).
I'm waiting for "Index no Subete II" to be released too(Hope it will coming soon).
I'm quite surprised at Izzard and Misha/Sasha.

Would you be able to confirm Etzali's name, or should this be a question for another time?

Also, was Sasha's last name also Croitsef?
Old 2010-09-17, 23:36   Link #4458
tsunade666

well etzali had another name which is quatzl and I don't know which to use too.
Old 2010-09-17, 23:43   Link #4459
Plant42

Quote:
It's 7,000m up in the sky.

Anyway, Does anyone ever thinks about which arcs/volumes should be in the Index III anime?
As for me, I think WW III is the best arc to finish SSIII. But doing that is really difficult since there are 10 volumes(7 arcs) of the novel waiting for adaptation.

This is my assumption.
SS>>2-3eps
14>>3eps
15>>3-4eps
16>>3-4eps
17-18>>5-6eps
19>>3-4eps
20-22>>8-9eps

The total max number is 33eps, 9eps excess from 24eps capacity.
But if only they release SS as an OVA(+ remove some minor details from the other arcs) then it should be...
14>>3eps
15>>3eps
16>>3eps
17-18>>5eps
19>>3eps
20-22>>7eps

Which is fit very well to 24eps.
Old 2010-09-18, 00:12   Link #4460
tsunade666

isn't that pushing it too far? I mean with all those volumes? It's 9 volumes it might turn into a total cramped one for me.

I would like to see Index III end with vol 19 and Index IV starts the war or a movie for the WWIII.

The civil war of England is also a great one to see.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen