3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-02-18, 07:31   Link #21
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
A Gundam doing a Dempsey Roll. Never thought I would see it in my entire life.
A what?

This is all over the youtube comments too

Someone plz explain
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 07:36   Link #22
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
A what?

This is all over the youtube comments too

Someone plz explain
Google it or read hajime no ippo.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 07:37   Link #23
kuroihikari2

In Hajime no Ippo, it's the hero's (Ippo's), finishing move. It's an actual boxing move used by boxer Jack Dempsey in the 1910s-1920s.

EDIT: Gah, why doesn't the advanced editor have a button for video?

EDIT2: Actually Junya did the whole combo that Ippo did here (Liver Blow, Gazelle Punch, Dempsey Roll).

Last edited by kuroihikari2; 2015-02-18 at 07:56.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 07:50   Link #24
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
He does it better than Ippo since he lost for the second time because he didn't maximize it potential.
Old 2015-02-18, 07:57   Link #25
hai_san

That Junya couldn't get the part was a surprise, the scheme to either get the parts or get Try Fighters team disqualified is somehow illogical... either he really wanted the parts because he wanted to make a better/stronger gunpla but getting Sekai disqualified because he feared he could lose to him is not consequential, because he thought of himself as the stronger... or he would have wanted to fight Sekai so that he can learn/absorb Sekai ultimate technique.

I get the feeling that the Jigen Haoh Ryu school true essence/ultimate secret is similar to the Shingyo School Secret of Mao/Chinan from the previous season...

hah Dempsey Roll was epic.

This ep had many cliche and cheesy lines...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 08:05   Link #26
kuroihikari2

I don't think Junya is interested in the ultimate technique at all. The ultimate technique was just symbolic of his master's rejection of him, that's why he had this fixation on it.

I think he didn't want to battle Sekai at all because on the slight chance he loses it would invalidate the whole path he had chosen for himself.
Old 2015-02-18, 08:06   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I was surprised they didn't get the parts stolen. Nice save by Hoshino first noticing the commotion and things getting out of hand from there. Meijin's really might have drama sensors .

I don't think it's a big issue that Junya has delved into various styles. Hopefully they don't treat that like it's a bad thing. Sure you might not reach as utter ability in that one style as someone who's only focused there, but in general it's a good idea to have variety. Gives him a lot more options.

In the end even if Sekai loses he should be able to do enough damage there to make cleanup do-able for Hoshino and Yuuma.

Plus I did find Hoshino's fight a lot of fun to watch. She is easily one of the most creative builders in this whole series. Everything with that Star Winning has a creative attack element to it. Think you've got her pinned down and she can pull a half 'Real Mode' and leg blast the hell out of you .

Yuuma's short fight was also good. Showing his willingness to even sacrifice his backpack to secure a win. At this point he's fighting to win and will do what he has to.

Denial Gundam is pretty solid machine. Curious how the heck Sekai is going to get past this guy. Even if Sekai can get him to see how far he's gone away from the guy he used to be, not sure he can narrow that gap so easily in abilities. Maybe if he keeps it only on their martial arts he can avoid getting overwhelmed.
Old 2015-02-18, 08:56   Link #28
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

This episode seems so dramatic and lacks some humor but anyway it's decent.

Again creative win for Fumina. I think that she's the real MVP/ACE(kevin durant voice) of the team.

Yuuma's fighting style is also changing as he's is slowly discarding his sniper orientation plus his short fight reminds me of some pf reiji's fight in regards tp destroyed back packs.

Sekai is really in a pinch but im sure that he will overpower Junya in the next episode. And that denial gundam is so cool , I guess its name came from the fact that their master denied Junya the ultimate technique of JH martial arts.

P.S.

What was that maneuver that the abulhool gundam did? Is that a real life areal maneuver?

And with the episode preview, this gunpla battle is starting to get dangerous with the assimilation thing, it looks like sekai got choked.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 09:01   Link #29
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
If I remember it correctly, Shimon Izuna is a boxer and he should have used Dempsey Roll with his Destiny Gundam against Sekai. Nevertheless, it wasn't...

Meanwhile, it's still a mystery regarding Junya on whether he's the one who wrecked Yuuma or a different person altogether. On the other hand, being a mixed-martial artist is good but Junya's resolve is so messed up!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 09:15   Link #30
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
What was that maneuver that the abulhool gundam did? Is that a real life areal maneuver?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pugachev%27s_Cobra

Yuuma countered by performing a similar maneuvre, except using thrusters, just like what Graham Aker did in the Trailblazer movie.
Old 2015-02-18, 09:17   Link #31
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Dat dynamic shooting, though:

Those Best 8 fighters definitely don't screw around.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 09:21   Link #32
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Wow, Junya proves to be quite a cool villain. Real shame he wasn't built up, he may have been the best character in Try.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 09:54   Link #33
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quite a good plan. If he managed to get the spare parts, Try Fighters will weaken.
But if Sekai managed to save Yuuma and defeat the thugs, Try Fighters will get disqualified.
All of this caused by misunderstanding--thinking the phoenix is Jigen Haoh final skill he couldn't learn.

Mirai is confirmed as a badass nee-san now. I liked how she ended the discussion with her fist.

Try Fighters now indeed a solid team, even Yuuma let Sekai help in his workdesk.
LOL at Suga when explaining Sekai-- "He only capable of straight build and didn't know anything about Gundam."

Liger Glare! Tryon 3 prove that Build Busters is should not be underestimated even when dealing with huge MA.
As for Celestial Sphere-- well, just like how it usually happens in GBF, Freedom(?) custom get slaughtered by Adou.

Dynamic shooting, Purgachev's Cobra ...
It's interesting to know Titan is more to skill-oriented fighters---
Yet, this episode easily shows why Junya can be such a threat worthy for Gunpla Academy.

Aikido, Bajiquan, and ... even a Dempsey Roll that famed by Ippo?!
Not to mention he didn't have any problem dealing with Try Burning that had better build quality.
That Senpu Tatsumaki-geri clash, I can see if Adou reinforced his Fangs only to pass the tornado barrier.

The technique is the same but the skills! Junya is similar to Bruce Lee in "modernizing" his style.
Junya absence during previous tournament seems caused by learning all technique he's using now, as Allan and Suga said Junya is using Jigen Haoh before to the point they need some countermeasure. Interestingly, Junya seems to referencing G Gundam villains related to Domon. Eating food with Sekai (Master Asia), his goal of skill mastery (Devil Gundam). Not to mention Junya is Sekai's senpai that could be a nod to Kyoji.

Beam leg shooting from Fumina and Graham Special performed by Yuuma.
After Wilfrid and Sekai, now Shia praise Fumina, I wonder when Adou will recognize Yuuma skills.

Another two-parter with both fighters in their serious mode.
Denial, combined with Junya skills, really exceeding my expectations. Can't wait for next episode.
I agreed with DuelGundam2099, too bad character development is limited in GBFT; together with Shimon they had good potential.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 09:58   Link #34
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Those Best 8 fighters definitely don't screw around.
I was quite impressed with the gerwalk mode:

But going back to the launch scene, that thing don't even have arms - gunpla chance < 0.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 09:58   Link #35
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

I'm definitely getting a Denial Gundam model when it comes out. XD
Old 2015-02-18, 10:37   Link #36
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Denial Gundam best designed Gundam after Build Burning for me. Even if that name is...

Great episode. I'm glad this is another 2-parter with next week looking even more exciting. Best part about this episode was barely any range. It focused on my favorite Close Quarters. Though, seeing Star Winning do that was hype. I didn't expect that.

It shows Try Fighters have evolved once again as a team, too. It's good that most of the episode was building up Junya & Sekai. Wonder how Sekai will get through to him.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 11:31   Link #37
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

> This entire episode

Jeebus this show is so bad it's fucking embarrassing

Nope, I give up, see you next season.

0/10 dropped

Denial Gundam
I have been hard on this series but this was the best episode all season. Especially Junya laughing off Build Burnings ultimate technique post credits.
Old 2015-02-18, 11:38   Link #38
Beefsquatch

First half of the episode was kind of meh, but thankfully the 2nd delivered.

Loved the Denial gundam's movement; it was so fluid! But damn, what a horrible name... and LOL at the Nadleeh "hair". Also digged the Albuhool gundam cameo.
Beefsquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 12:14   Link #39
Wandering Soul

Those Mejin truly do have drama sensors installed. Still that Denial Gundam does look pretty badass and I am hyped for a close combat match. I'm glad this is a two parter since they were able to spend this episode building up to the fight and even had some nice team bonding.

I like how the show didn't say Junya was wrong was learning other forms of martial arts.

Watching Fumina take out her opponent was great as always and Yuuma is now determined to win no matter what. Even Minato noticed it.

Sekai really has his work cut out for him. Wonder how he is going to get through to Junya.
Old 2015-02-18, 12:21   Link #40
Kurohane

After the tournament, I can see Sekai going on a journey to better himself, particularly because of this fight with Junya. If that happens, monster may get what he want with Sekai remaining pure.