AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-10-21, 22:42   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 697 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers will be released whenever they are released nowadays...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 10:00   Link #2
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

TBH, I'm looking forward to the epilogue more than the conclusion of the fight, lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 11:34   Link #3
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
TBH, I'm looking forward to the epilogue more than the conclusion of the fight, lol
yeah I'm hoping we get some insight into the lineages. uzumaki clan, minatos parents (jiraiya and tsuna cough), what actually made kaguya go insane, where hamura is etc
Old 2014-10-23, 06:03   Link #4
Tchadnis

cant complain today it was pure action ... just a bit of flashback but mostly pure action lol
Old 2014-10-23, 06:22   Link #5
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

That was a good one, I'm glad it went down to a good old fashion fist fight, and man Naruto gave Sasuke a pounding, haha
Old 2014-10-23, 06:38   Link #6
Akashin

I liked it. It feels like there should have been another chapter of heavy fighting before they reached this point, but overall I have no complaints. I was hoping to see the fight scale down like this.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 06:51   Link #7
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Tsk tsk tsk classic underhanded villain move.

ALso:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nFM4wDeXco
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 06:54   Link #8
Idealist 99

Me :You better not lose Naruto ! I didn't wait year after year just to see you getting you ass kicked by Sasuke again !!!
Old 2014-10-23, 07:18   Link #9
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Me :You better not lose Naruto ! I didn't wait year after year just to see you getting you ass kicked by Sasuke again !!!
AGREE!!!

anyway, the amount of bromance in this chapter is too high.. lots of bro-fists..
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 07:34   Link #10
Luminer Astartes
Khorne-forged

A part of me wishes that this Naruto is just a shadow clone, so when the last blow hits Sasuke's brilliant plan goes up in smoke. But the bro-fight probably shuns on such an outcome and therefore it probably won't happen.

Two chapters to go, but I just want this fight over with. The action was fine up to now and all, but it just doesn't "feel" satisfying, y'know? Maybe it's the fact that I know neither of them's gonna die or that the fights against Madara, then later Kaguya, were that much more impressive/unpredictable but this fight just doesn't cut it for me.
Luminer Astartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 07:48   Link #11
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

There's only two chapters left, so the next chapter is the conclusion followed by an epilogue. Can't wait to see how all this ends, so many years have everyone been waiting to see this.
Old 2014-10-23, 08:00   Link #12
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Pretty good chapter. Indra's arrow vs Ashura's shuriken? No nonsense and straight up action that kishimoto does his best in. I'm waiting for naruto to turn it around one more time. Kick his ass!

It feels like naruto, gintama and one piece are putting out all the stops in one final contest before naruto finishes up. The chapters from all 3 of them have been brilliant.
Old 2014-10-23, 08:07   Link #13
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

The epicness of this chapter!!!! Blow for blow action blood all over the place. That attack between the rasen shurikens and indras arrow was so powerful even kaskashi felt the waves from it!!!
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 08:31   Link #14
justavisitor

I always want to see how can Naruto escape genjutsu from sasuke...Too bad it never happens. Guess Sasuke knows that genjutsu won't work on naruto because of those natural energy or the nine tail inside of naruto?
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 08:36   Link #15
GDB

Sakura just happens to wake up moments before Sasuke is about to land a fatal blow on Naruto? You just know she's going to leap in and beat him down before he strikes Naruto.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 08:40   Link #16
Sinedd

Send a message via AIM to Sinedd Send a message via Yahoo to Sinedd
Chapter 697: Naruto & Sasuke IV
After some disappointments with past chapters, this chapter solved the issues.
What Kishi destroyed in 3 chapters, in 1 chapter solves everything.
Sasuke made a huge explosion with his jutsu, Indra's Arrow, but for what? He didn't do anything good, just to hurt himself. When he hit the ground, I said...ok, that's the END!
It appears that Hashirama and Madara weren't an inspiration to Sasuke, the statues are now headless! Damn you, Sasuke! One of the best shinobi of the world, and you cut their head off.
I see Naruto beating Sasuke with his fists, but the fight continues and Sasuke hits back.
This fight is like a box match from はじめの一歩 (Hajime no Ippo) ENG; Fighting Spirit.
Sakura has awaken. Huh...nothing that matters. This Final Fight will be one-one, neither Kakashi or Sakura will involve in this fight. If they do, we can say that Kishimoto destroyed the whole manga.
In the end of this chapter, Sasuke has the upper hand because he had extracted from Naruto all his chakra with his Rinnegan. Probably, Kyuubi will help Naruto?
Next chapter will BE decisive. Who will win: Sasuke or Naruto?
THE FIGHT ENDS NEXT WEEK! 698, FIGHT ENDS!
Great chapter! RATE: 10/10!
Sinedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 09:02   Link #17
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

That was actually quite cool, I'm impressed.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 09:29   Link #18
DKN117

The final epic battle, starting off with humongous landscape-altering attacks... devolved into the two exhausted combatants just straight-up beating the sh*t out of each other.

...I can dig it.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 09:47   Link #19
itachi-san314

awesome chapter! it's exactly what i wanted to happen
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 10:26   Link #20
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
There's only two chapters left, so the next chapter is the conclusion followed by an epilogue. Can't wait to see how all this ends, so many years have everyone been waiting to see this.
There are strong rumors there will be one more chapter after these next two. This chapter will setup between the end of the manga and beginning of the movie. Kishi did this before with the RtN movie, but obviously this is way more important since so much stuff still needs to taken care of.

Think about it. We are two chapters away from the end and still haven't ended the fight. Even at 39 pages, the epilogue will feel extremely rushed. It is amazing that Kishi is leaving so much up to the movie.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion