AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-10-28, 12:33   Link #1
BradleySmith
*IT Support

Lonely

Hello, I havent been on here in a while, But I'm back, Gonna start watching anime's again, Starting with clannad series 1 part 2.

I dont have a job so im indoors literally all the time, All i do is gym and be indoors, I get so bored and lonely its stupid, I got a huge tv everything i want basically, And i don't even find the motivation to switch things on like tv or ps3, I often turn things off 5 minutes after i turn them on.

could be winter getting to me, But being 19 and spending most your life on your own kinda sucks, I did go college but i just cant handle it, My disorders prevent me, And i lack motivation.

I'm starting to think i need love , its like you cant escape it, Everything is based around love, And i mean 99.5% of everything, All the songs are always about a girl or something about love.

Maybe having someone to share things with makes them more fun. I sure as hell would love to watch anime with someone other then my dog.

sorry if its a little depressing, I just had to vent somewhere, Going to see my doctor soon to help my depression.

I would love to go to huge raves and do outgoing things, But the 3 friends i have suck at doing anything except smoking weed with me.

I have developed nasty habits of drinking pure vodka on my own and smoking just to feel something different.

Check me out!
BradleySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 12:46   Link #2
winterbaby
вelιnda

Okay first thing:
Quit smoking frequently and being obsessed with alcohol!!!!
Next:
Get new friends that are above the influences.
Then:
Do fun outdoor activities.
Then :
Because you do are doing outdoor activities you will find a girlfriend or boyfriend...
Then:
Don't take the pills doctors will give you!!!!
Finally :
You are gonna thank ME when your depression problem stops!!!!
Old 2012-10-28, 13:15   Link #3
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhāi)
*Graphic Designer

i have a few suggestions:

-quit smoking; it's bad for your health.
-watch some funny/comedies instead of Clannad (it's gets depression later and might not help with your mood at all).
-masturbate (this usually works, i'm not joking)
-take a breather and walk outside a little.
-watch some NBA basketball
-listen to some music. maybe trance or techno.
-play some fighting games and kick some @ss. or RPG or online MMO like Guild Wars 2 to keep you busy.
-look for a job since you dont have one. if you have a job, it'll keep you busy.
-or just go to sleep, you're probably just tire.
-coffee might helps some.

when i was at your age, i was still in the military training for Airborne school. i
was also depress and stress like crazy from all of those craziness in the military,
but airborne school took my breath away. whenever i was about to jump out of
the C-130 with combat gears on, my heart beats really fast. i was very nervous.
that nervousness somehow dissolve most of my depression and stress away. and
after the jump, i feel refreshing.

having no job really does suck. i was like that when i left the military. going to college
and dont know what i was going to do for my major. i ended up not finishing
college or gotten any degree. i quitted college and go find a job instead. i went
to church to ask a few people if there are places that are looking for worker.
i was fortunate enough that there was a place open. i went there and instantly
gotten an interview with the manager. lol, i wasn't expecting an interview...i was
still havent my sandle on while walking around his company. talking about embarrasing
myself there.

well, hope you gets better BradleySmith. reality can be harsh, but keep fighting and move on!
Old 2012-10-28, 13:19   Link #4
Alchemist007
*Author

Don't drink by yourself especially, major depression.
Old 2012-10-28, 13:34   Link #5
BradleySmith
*IT Support

I dont smoke anymore, Only weed every now and then and i would never quit that i love it too much, Regarding a job I'm not in the right mental state atm ,But your story motivated me and cheered me up a lot actually.

And i will also try to make new friends winnie, Its not easy though especially in my area, and i have no clue how to, Maybe i will at gym but often people just go there to work out as i do.

And dam didn't know Clannad got depressing, That actually helps because when i watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien i actually had tears in my eyes and it made me so happy to think of love in the way they did.

Just people replying even cheers me up, I get little to none interaction for some reason. I dont smell and im not ugly i think lol

Check me out!
Old 2012-10-28, 14:03   Link #6
winterbaby
вelιnda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleySmith View Post
I dont smoke anymore, Only weed every now and then and i would never quit that i love it too much, Regarding a job I'm not in the right mental state atm ,But your story motivated me and cheered me up a lot actually.

And i will also try to make new friends winnie, Its not easy though especially in my area, and i have no clue how to, Maybe i will at gym but often people just go there to work out as i do.

And dam didn't know Clannad got depressing, That actually helps because when i watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien i actually had tears in my eyes and it made me so happy to think of love in the way they did.

Just people replying even cheers me up, I get little to none interaction for some reason. I dont smell and im not ugly i think lol
I think you need a person to watch you 24/7 so you don't smoke weed. My cousin has the depression-like problem like you. The only 2 differences are that he is in high school and you are in college also he lives with his family and you live alone. A friend problem, huh?! Your over 18 so you can probably go clubbing etc.....so go mingle I guess. The reason why people don't like talk to you a lot is probably:
1. You are with bad influential people
2. You don't mingle and socialize...
Old 2012-10-28, 14:10   Link #7
BradleySmith
*IT Support

I do live with my mum, And currently don't go college anymore, But weed isn't the problem I'm sure and i don't do it too often, And i cant mingle on my own I'm just not that type of person i need a wingman!

Check me out!
Old 2012-10-28, 14:29   Link #8
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

happier?

why dont you go to "happier" thread like A Laugh A Day

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 14:31   Link #9
winterbaby
вelιnda

Stop with the weed.....its not good for you!!!! I was watching this show, and because of weed that person died from selling eat. And everyone that was smoking was sent to jail. If you cant mingle on your own go with your friends that you have currently. So you're not very independent. No offense but I'm younger than you and basically dont talk to a lot of people but I don't have your problem.
Old 2012-10-28, 14:39   Link #10
BradleySmith
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
Stop with the weed.....its not good for you!!!! I was watching this show, and because of weed that person died from selling eat. And everyone that was smoking was sent to jail. If you cant mingle on your own go with your friends that you have currently. So you're not very independent. No offense but I'm younger than you and basically dont talk to a lot of people but I don't have your problem.
But i have many personal reasons why i cant just go and mingle, At my age I'm looking for a serious relationship not some one night stand, And it has alot to do with my outlook on life.

Check me out!
Old 2012-10-28, 14:43   Link #11
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

if you have to watch anything, i'll suggest you watch these shows
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Sket Dance,
it might lighten you up a bit.
Old 2012-10-28, 14:45   Link #12
Ruby Princess

You seem like a nice, sensitive guy. I'd do you, for what it's worth.
Ruby Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 14:48   Link #13
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Princess View Post
You seem like a nice, sensitive guy. I'd do you, for what it's worth.
same with you huh. you guys probably can get along if both of you meet IRL

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 15:08   Link #14
winterbaby
вelιnda

Quote:
But i have many personal reasons why i cant just go and mingle, At my age I'm looking for a serious relationship not some one night stand, And it has alot to do with my outlook on life.
What are a few of those reasons?? Don't you think your just a bit too young to be looking for a serious relationship?? What is your outlook on life???
Old 2012-10-28, 16:17   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Go outdoors, walk a few hours every day, try to socialize. Yesterday I met 7 people through a friend of mine, who turned out to be hanging in one of my occasional cafes and some of them were even living close to me, so now we'll be going out on a more regular basis.

I assume you've finished your education, so looking for a job would help take up an hour or two, until you find one and then work 4-8h It will also be an additional environment for potential acquaintances, just take care not to get exploited. After that, you'll be too tired to be depressed and the 8 hours you don't dedicate to sleep and work will just become too precious to waste indoors - especially if you got money to burn.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 16:39   Link #16
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Learn to play an instrument, go to the gym, find a job, keep smoking (tobacco, yes it keeps you active in those quiet times)

those wil certainly keep you occupied while waiting for the sun to come out
small accomplishments can be a major support

as for the female company-thing
Spend time with non-commited friends, (those commited will have no time or sense of adventure anyway )
It's not helping being the 3rd/5th/7th wheel in a group
It's gonna hard to stay away from anything romance-related (especially when watching anime)
so you're just gonna have to suck that part up or -again- find something to keep you busy

I would like to say that most women are not interested in stoned-no job-walking the dog-drunk-couchpotatoes
Alas, personal experience showed me otherwise
Old 2012-10-28, 16:53   Link #17
Yolks

Quote:
because of weed that person died from selling eat.
Just saying, this is completely nonsensical. The health risks associated with weed are exaggerated for the sake of social maneuvering.

Aside from that, I can relate. I'm 19 too, and I feel that strange isolation from time to time. I want to figure out what I want to do with my life but I also get that sleepy feeling about what I want to do. I could complain for a paragraph but I just really lack direction in my own life. My own personal experiences might not do anything more than have a "I know that feel bro", but my friends' experiences might help you out.

My friend had a few buddies he smoked weed with from time to time. He mainly hung out with them when during the summer before college. Eventually though, after getting into college, he drifted away from the fact that they did the same thing all the time. Weed, like alcohol is best enjoyed in good company and his friends were very boring company. He eventually came the the same situation that you were in, bored of the instant entertainment and longing for a bit of adventure or having one of those rosy experiences offered during our youth.

You don't sound so much depressed as you do conflicted. Caught in the crossroads of growing up and growing older, it looks like you want a lot of what the world has to offer but don't have the means of getting to it. I don't quite know or understand the situation you're in, but I don't believe love will really help. At our age relationships are passionate but fleeting, and looking for relationships in a serious sense might lock you out of many budding friendships. I don't really know what I'm trying to say...maybe if you're looking for a serious relationship every time you meet a girl you have an attraction to, things tend to become unnatural and at times false between the both of you.

A job might do you some good, not for the money but just to keep your mind occupied. A hobby might help you find connections if you have places where people meet up.
Yolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 16:54   Link #18
~kurayami~

I have to agree with looking for a job since you're doing nothing better then sucking up all the air and continuing bad habits. Your life should not have to be defined with another individual but discovering your personnel talents and working off of them. I tell you to travel on an epic journey but you'll probably suffer depression a lot quicker that way.

If you want the honest truth on how I keep my head on my shoulders? It's that you vent and mention all your problems to that one family member or possibly a friend you can trust with all of your heart. When you have no more qualms with yourself you pursuit other fundamental tasks which will strengthen you as a person.
Old 2012-10-28, 17:01   Link #19
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Dear Bradley,

It's me GenjiChan. It seems your problem doesn't only involved depression but also of bad, unhealthy habits...

Smoking and drinking is bad for you're healthy.... I know you know that already...

Do you live alone? I think you need the help of your parents.... You could ask them to help you see a doctor. Solving a problem alone is also depressing...

You say you need love? Hmmm.... funny.. I'm single ( not even a girlfriend)since birth and I'm a happy a man....

I think you're you're loneliness is due to being alone. Meet some people. Talk to you're parents.. Open yourself to them..... Verbalizing your problems are helpful. Take a hike, go to the top of a mountain (with a group) then try shouting all your problems out... Sounds crazy??? But it's helpful. Trust me....

Your Acquintance

GenjiChan
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 17:38   Link #20
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
I'm starting to think i need love , its like you cant escape it, Everything is based around love, And i mean 99.5% of everything, All the songs are always about a girl or something about love.
A romanticised way of looking at life or love isn't going to get you anywhere. If anything, it's just going to worsen your situation.

Quote:
sorry if its a little depressing, I just had to vent somewhere, Going to see my doctor soon to help my depression.
Consulting a shrink should always be your last option. They may be of help, but in the end, you yourself are the only cure available. No one should ever depend too much on shrinks. Your situation really does not warrant a visit to a shrink. It seems to me you are merely bored with your life.

You need passion. Go join a salsa club.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote