AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-25, 18:41   Link #41
Arya

Neither I. And speaking of L-11, I think that he is so focused on bringing revolution in Drossia to free the Princess, but I really don't remember if his motives have been already told or hinted at before.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2013-06-25, 18:47   Link #42
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

That's what we should be finding out now. We got one peek at his past, it shows how they met and that she saved his life, but it doesn't show why he would start a revolution.

Lol maybe we should take this to L-Elf thread or the speculation thread. Sorry, if I'm derailing the thread.
Old 2013-06-25, 18:57   Link #43
Key Board
Carbon

Drama CD revelation about what Haruto thinks about Shoko

Spoiler:

It seems Haruto and Saki are the same kind of person inside: unfulfilled and envious. Or perhaps.. all Valvrave pilots are like that inside?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-25, 19:04   Link #44
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Well, Kyuuma was said to have many female friends and be a flirt. But he only had eyes for Aina.

Thunder was a bully. Bullies seek to assert themselves. He also wanted power to avenge his friend.

Akira has a fear of people. I think she would like to make friends, but she's terrified of doing so.
Old 2013-06-25, 19:07   Link #45
Key Board
Carbon

maybe Kyuuma wants money for the same reason Saki wants fame

they really don't.. it's something else..
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-25, 19:09   Link #46
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

That's also possible. And going back to Kyuuma, people that flirt a lot sometimes do so to fill an empty feeling they have as well.
Old 2013-06-25, 23:06   Link #47
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Drama CD revelation about what Haruto thinks about Shoko

Spoiler:

It seems Haruto and Saki are the same kind of person inside: unfulfilled and envious. Or perhaps.. all Valvrave pilots are like that inside?
If Haruto can just have the freakin balls to confessed to Shoko like he have given up his humanity. All these bullcrap won't be happened, especially what he had done to my Saki...
Old 2013-06-26, 04:01   Link #48
Destined_Fate

You missed that Shoko and L-Elf are getting closer together and due to circumstances they're growing as characters because of the other.

-

Haruto is a teenager, it's far easier for him to confess to Saki as it's the right thing to do(responsibility) as he doesn't actually have to feel like he's making a choice while with Shoko it's harder as he loves her but he sees himself as a monster and that he feels that he doesn't deserve someone amazing like her.
Old 2013-06-27, 23:21   Link #49
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Okay, trying to wrap my head into this...

The "Kid"
-seems to be royalty, considering how extravagant his house is
-most probably like crown prince or something relatively important, as that's a relatively
-remember, it's the Third Galactic Reich/Empire, meaning that if they're counting years in that fashion, the country that is most in control must be a monarchy

And the only 'royalty' that has been confirmed this season? The one and only Liselotte. So there's a pretty darn good chance that she is the ancestor, as I find it unlikely they would start the royalty anew being that JIOR/Arus are democratic and Dorssia overthrew (or at least coup d'etat) the previous rulers... hence, the new country if it didn't already have a royal blood line wouldn't have been a monarchy.

But wait, Saki referred to the "Founder" as "The first of us", and the first 'vampire' is Haruto. As such, Haruto must have been the first ruler of this empire, if we're operating on the assumption that the founder is the first ruler.

Therefore, the most logical conclusion we can get to is that Haruto marries Liz. LOL, I know right? Sounds pretty preposterous considering that Haruto hasn't even met Liz in person for half the season.

(For the record, it's this scenario is where L-ElfxShoko is at its strongest, since the Kid is the spitting image of L-Elf so one of his desendants MUST have mingled with Haruto's. While this means L-ELf can technically have anyone as a wife and still fulfill the requirements, it's just L-Elf has close to nil interaction with the female sex outside of Liz and Shoko.)

Of course this is all assuming that the Founder was the first ruler. Could've been very well that even though Haruto was the Founder, the first ruler could've been L-Elf because Haruto died (yes I almost dead sure that Haruto is dead in the Galctic Empire Timeline... you know with him wanting to undo his 'vampire curse' and all).

It's also under the assumption that the new dominant country has its royalty not made anew with a fresh bloodline. Because if it is, then anyone but Saki (more on this later) is fair game to be Haruto's wife. And if this is the case, then Shoko is pretty much the best candidate as she's far ahead of relationships with Haruto outside of arguably Saki.

Why not Saki? Think about it, if Haruto married Saki, and Haruto is the founder, wouldn't Saki be like THE Queen of the empire. Even if Haruto wasn't the first ruler of the Empire, wouldn't still that mean she's the wife of the Founder? Why the heck is such an important figure sitting on a wooden chair when the kid is in a comfy chair with plenty of cushions to have around (eps 12), and more importantly, is still in the front lines battling out with the enemy (eps 7)?

No, I'm more inclined to think that Saki would promise 'not immortal anymore but I have regained my humanity back' Haruto something about protecting the empire he founded and/or taking care of his descendants (remember that she got reminded of the promise as she was shooting down an enemy). Because if it was HER descendants, why even need to make a promise as that would pretty much be a given?

So yeah, whatever has had happened or whatever clues thaat were put in the show, there is no presonal speculation I am more sure of. Whoever Haruto's future wife will be, it will NOT be Saki.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-06-27, 23:30   Link #50
~BC~

Quote:
And the only 'royalty' that has been confirmed this season? The one and only Liselotte.
Don't forget about A-Drei. He's had more exposure than Lieselotte and is one of the more important support characters.
Old 2013-06-27, 23:33   Link #51
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Don't forget about A-Drei. He's had more exposure than Lieselotte and is one of the more important support characters.
Not to mention he's shown much more of an interest in L-Elf than Liselotte.
Old 2013-06-27, 23:38   Link #52
Key Board
Carbon

Saki is going to win.. eventually because she turned down the proposal. That's a huge flag in her favor.

Also because Haruto is caught in a certain momentum.

Haruto is caught in a process where he is becoming less and less the Haruto that Shoko is familiar with. Not just physically but mentally as well.

And if you believe the previews he will take one step further and volunteer to accelerate the process

This will further isolate him from humans and the only way Shoko can breach that is to become magius herself. But it's a lose lose situation because doing that throws her unique advantage of being a connection to the human side.

But I'm not sure if even that is an option for Shoko, because she is kept in a dark regarding Valvrave matters and she is unaware that there is even a love triangle to began with.

and I've watched enough love triangles to know that not being aware the love triangle is a huge disadvantage.

I really think this is going the Rumbling Hearts / Kimi ga Nozomu Eien route
Old 2013-06-28, 00:01   Link #53
Reality_Breaker

Like I said in another thread :

''My prediction this anime is going to pull a Aquarion EVOL on us with the pairings and possibly the stories I guarantee it, Saki is going to be the next Zessica. :'(

Since this anime makes me feel like i'm watching Aquarion Evol all over again, I'll watch it but with low expectations for the ending.''

Now that I think about it a lot of things from Valverave remind me of Aquarion EVOL

1. 4 protagonists - Haruto = Amata, Shouko = Mikonos, L-Elf = (damn forgot his name), Saki = Zessica (My Waifu)

2. Shouko's Mary Sueness and usefulness (or lack thereof) reaching Mikonos level.

3. Saki being set up as the tragic heroine (we know it's coming)

I'm sure you guys can find more things these two have in common than me, well have at it.

XD (sits down and grabs his popcorn and waits for the replies)
Old 2013-06-28, 00:08   Link #54
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
Like I said in another thread :

''My prediction this anime is going to pull a Aquarion EVOL on us with the pairings and possibly the stories I guarantee it, Saki is going to be the next Zessica. :'(

Since this anime makes me feel like i'm watching Aquarion Evol all over again, I'll watch it but with low expectations for the ending.''

Now that I think about it a lot of things from Valverave remind me of Aquarion EVOL

1. 4 protagonists - Haruto = Amata, Shouko = Mikonos, L-Elf = (damn forgot his name), Saki = Zessica (My Waifu)

2. Shouko's Mary Sueness and usefulness (or lack thereof) reaching Mikonos level.

3. Saki being set up as the tragic heroine (we know it's coming)

I'm sure you guys can find more things these two have in common than me, well have at it.

XD (sits down and grabs his popcorn and waits for the replies)
You forgive who has Haruto's first kiss and first time and it definitely not Shoko
Old 2013-06-28, 00:09   Link #55
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
You forgive who has Haruto's first kiss and first time and it definitely not Shoko
Zessica had the first kiss and the first confession. Point Overruled.
Old 2013-06-28, 00:13   Link #56
~BC~

Quote:
I like how you call Shoko a Mary Sue while hinting that she's useless. I think you have the wrong term if that's what you really think of her.

And I'll never understand the Saki-Zessica comparisons. It always seemed obvious to me that the latter was a plot device to draw out the real couple hooking up. Saki clearly has more than that going for her, IMO.
Old 2013-06-28, 00:14   Link #57
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Zessica had the first kiss and the first confession. Point Overruled.
But she doesn't have Amata's virginity and let stop before we get banned for being a shipper.

I'm looking forward to the development between Haruto and saki, also next proposal he better get it right! Shoko still has some chance but drama is inevitable when Haruto is the one who killed her father.
Old 2013-06-28, 00:16   Link #58
~BC~

Shoko's not letting that cat out of the bag and for now L-Elf has no reason to either. If anything the fact that she's worried about him feeling guilty about it is a good thing from a Haruto/Shoko angle.
Old 2013-06-28, 00:22   Link #59
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Shoko's not letting that cat out of the bag and for now L-Elf has no reason to either. If anything the fact that she's worried about him feeling guilty about it is a good thing from a Haruto/Shoko angle.
That might be a good thing at first but her keeping that a secret is like slow poison for a relationship.
Old 2013-06-28, 00:25   Link #60
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
But she doesn't have Amata's virginity and let stop before we get banned for being a shipper.

I'm looking forward to the development between Haruto and saki, also next proposal he better get it right! Shoko still has some chance but drama is inevitable when Haruto is the one who killed her father.
Fair enough; I personally want to see more developments between the Valverave pilots cause for some stupid reason, I'm reminded of Power Rangers when I see them.
Plot twist: Saki is the one who proposes to him in the second season.