AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-11-16, 22:46   Link #2841
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by De3NJ View Post
Hey, u say there is an Anon patch? ummm where can i find that....
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7BWH5DYI

Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 23:04   Link #2842
June 1983

Also (these instructions came from the SA forums):

Quote:
... but it only comes with the script file. So no image edits are done, and you'll need onscripter-en, default.ttf and SDL.dll from The Witch Hunt's Episode 4 translation release. Just make a folder in Episode 5's installation folder (I called mine "Prologue patch") and dump all the files in there. Also comes with tips, which shouldn't be read before reading the prologue itself.
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 14:10   Link #2843
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Ah, Quick question about Umineko for the PSP. Do you need a modded/custom-firmware PSP to get it to work? Or will it work with the official firmware?

.....Because... generally speaking I think modding/custom firware for the PSP is more trouble than it's worth considering I don't care all that much about homebrew games.

I apologize if this question has been answered previously. I uh... forget the exact termage for this stuff sometimes.
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 14:22   Link #2844
Vegitto-kun

it depends on what psp and firmware you are running it took me 5 minutes to custom firmware my psp. not fro copied games mind you, but mostly for project diva's english patch and usefull things like changing your psp's cpu speed.

never tried running umineko on my psp so cant answer unfortunally
Vegitto-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 15:16   Link #2845
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by De3NJ View Post
Hey, u say there is an Anon patch? ummm where can i find that....
I just want to clarify that it's not actually an "Anon" thing when some of the people involved posted it here and in other forums beforehand. It doesn't make much of a difference, but I believe proper credit shouldn't be obscured.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 17:10   Link #2846
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Wooh, look what my scripter friend AreaOfEffect discovered!

With the new release of Onscripter (by Sonozaki Sisters), you can now run Umineko at 1280 [HD]. Well, technically speaking, the pictures look worse on fullscreen (like game buttons), but the fonts are definetaly a lot better.

Here's a comparison, I apologize I only have Umineko 5 on my pc.
Spoiler for Normal size window, Episode 5 English prologo very minor spoilers:

Spoiler for 1280 size window, Episode 5 English prologo very minor spoilers:

After downloading the last onscripter by Uncle Mion, you need to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Double-plus more better method:
1) Create a file called "ons.cfg" in the game folder where onscripter-en.exe resides.
2) Put the following content in it:

3) Run onscripter-en.exe.
4) Profit!

Oh, and by the way Skullchukka, it's just "Uncle" Mion who does the onscripter hacking - Shion doesn't deserve a share of the blame

"Uncle" Mion

Then press "F" in game menu and enjoy the HD (well, lol...) Umineko VN quality. Like always, do use them at your own risk please. ^^
Also, I believe your screen resolution should also be in 1280, If It is 1024, please type 1024 instead of 1280.

Unrelated post - I'm now in middle of my midterm exams, thus I can't update the Psp visual novel post. I apologize for the inconvenience, I shall try and edit the Episode 4 file when I can find the chance.

Last edited by Skullchukka; 2009-12-14 at 18:01.
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 17:48   Link #2847
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Better method:
1) create a file called "umineko-1280.bat" in the same directory as the English patch. (Exact filename isn't too important, so long as it ends in ".bat".
2) Edit that file so it contains "onscripter-en.exe --window-width 1280" (or whatever is appropriate.
3) Double click the .bat file to run it.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 20:40   Link #2848
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

1) Create a file called "ons.cfg" in the game folder where onscripter-en.exe resides.
Quote:
window-width=1280
4) Profit!

Oh, and by the way Skullchukka, it's just "Uncle" Mion who does the onscripter hacking - Shion doesn't deserve a share of the blame

"Uncle" Mion
Old 2009-11-23, 20:56   Link #2849
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
*deleted for meh*
Old 2009-11-23, 21:35   Link #2850
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Bah. My computer sucks sometimes. While the 1280 resolution does make the text look really nice, my game ran really sluggishly at that resolution. Eh well.
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 05:18   Link #2851
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post

4) Profit!

"Uncle" Mion
Lovely. Thanks!
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 21:21   Link #2852
Red-Helling

Skullchukka, i see in your sig, that you cant update your posty about the umineko novel in PSP, so that means, there's really a mistake in the nscript.dat? That's why the chapter 4 of the novel doesnt run in the PSP ? I've already did the whole tutorial 3 times and i get the error like my novel isnt installed correctly. maybe its because of that ?
Red-Helling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 06:44   Link #2853
ZettaiRyouiki

Hello !

I use your post, Skullchukka, for making Umineko works on my PSP.

When I start the game, it shows me the error message of Witch Hunt whereas I renamed the file in "07_voiceless.ogg" like you wrote.

I also try to put all the "if %998=1 jumpf" to "if %998=0 jumpf", and after 10 sec~, I can hear the sound of the water like in the PC version when the Witch Hunt image appear, but I see nothing and 30 sec~ later, my PSP shutdown

Have you any solution ?

Can you else PM me your result.txt, I can that way look what I have to do.

Thanks.

(Sorry if there's some errors in the text, I'm just 16 and French )

Last edited by ZettaiRyouiki; 2009-11-29 at 09:51.
ZettaiRyouiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 09:33   Link #2854
rogerpepitone

Hold on a bit. I'll try writing up a program that will rename the Japanese files to plain text names.
Old 2009-11-29, 11:03   Link #2855
ZettaiRyouiki

Yep, I try with the Episode 1 demo, and the same, no image, I can just hear the start menu 3 or 4 seconds.

So the problem is the resize of .bmp ?
Old 2009-11-29, 12:25   Link #2856
InfiniteNine

Hmm, when I made my copy runnable on a PSP I never renamed the audio files and the audio worked fine. Which firmware is everyone using? I'm using 5.03 GEN-B on a PSP 3001.
InfiniteNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 12:38   Link #2857
ZettaiRyouiki

I'm in 5.00 M33-6

On the Episode 1 Demo, all the start menu works now, but when the game begin, Nanjo appear and the game crash or return to XMB before show the first line of text.

I will try with the EP4, now.

EDIT : Same thing with EP4.

Last edited by ZettaiRyouiki; 2009-11-29 at 13:00.
Old 2009-11-29, 23:03   Link #2858
Hirun

Agghhhh. I just spent all afternoon preparing my Umineko for PSP, finally getting the pieces to work and converting and renaming... only to have it reject me because "Episode 4, This Patch is not Installed Properly". "What OS are you running?" lol like none of them? D:

Apparently, my brother gave me the 1-4 set and not just individual arcs. So it broke because of the 4. .___.

EDIT: I'm on a PSP-2001 with 3.90 M33-3 if anyone needs that info.
Hirun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 10:53   Link #2859
rogerpepitone

@Skullchukka, re Umineko PSP:
I've written up a quick bulk renamer. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b0mnymwzzmz

Instructions:
- Start with a direct install of Umineko
- Uncompress the file to the main Umineko directory (probably c:\Program Files\07th Expansion\Umineko 4\)
- Run the rename-oggs.exe file.
- Use umineko-psp\nscript.dat or umineko-demo\nscript.dat as appropriate (Witch Hunt's episode 4 or demo patch, modified to use my file names)

Let me know if this works. Anyone else, the whole thing is barely tested, so use at your own caution. (Actually, rename-oggs.exe and my modifications to nscript.dat may render Umineko playable on Vista, though that isn't tested.)

Also, I noticed your group is also translating Higurashi-related things. My working version of Daybreak can support more than one language, so let me know if you want to work on Turkish Higurashi Daybreak.

-----

@Hirun: The only individual arcs are episodes 1 and 5. Episode 4 is only available with episodes 1-3.

Last edited by rogerpepitone; 2009-12-10 at 21:46.
Old 2009-11-30, 12:47   Link #2860
Red-Helling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirun View Post
Agghhhh. I just spent all afternoon preparing my Umineko for PSP, finally getting the pieces to work and converting and renaming... only to have it reject me because "Episode 4, This Patch is not Installed Properly". "What OS are you running?" lol like none of them? D:

Apparently, my brother gave me the 1-4 set and not just individual arcs. So it broke because of the 4. .___.

EDIT: I'm on a PSP-2001 with 3.90 M33-3 if anyone needs that info.
Same problem here, i did all over around 3 times and i still get that error saying about my OS, if anyone make it run on psp, except Skul, please post hw did you did it :S

My psp FW is the 5.50 GEN-B if it helps :S maybe if someone try with the 5.00 M33-6 maybe it'll works "S
Red-Helling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation