Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-10-19, 13:37   Link #161
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
Heh, college work got to you toxic? well same here as well, the college apps are just killing me. But meh, I will probably go on an anime craze after all of this

well, expecting some of your new works (moe for the win )
Well..since I am a CLANNAD fanboy..my next few drawings will definitely be more on the Moe side. But it has to wait till December. Have a major exam comin Nov 18th for my post graduate >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Aww ><, but in January you will do some Dangos for me? Since mines aren't really good XD
Yes..anything for u my sweet Shana-chan. Will make maybe a dango 4-koma

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
*Finishes browsing through the thread*
heee~ naka naka
Nice pieces of art there, one of my favorites is Chikane and Himeko from Kannazuki no Miko.

I'm a bit of an 'artist' myself...but not that good
Keep up the good work.
Well..that was my FIRST Yuri pic..and yeah..I am very proud of it myself. ^_^

Thanks for the copliments guys..You will have to wait for some more time b4 I am finished with this semester...then I will be back to mangaka mode. Have a Claymore doujin (non-hentai) I wanna draw real bad >.<
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 15:48   Link #162
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Yes..anything for u my sweet Shana-chan. Will make maybe a dango 4-koma
Then I'll wait
Old 2007-10-22, 16:01   Link #163
Usuratonkachi
An Idiot

WHOa...
Good to see you alive and well enough to respond to your supporters, toxic! It has me wondering how often you check this forum...hmm... ah well. As long as you're doing fine. ^_^

Yours truly,

You-Know-Who-I-Am (and-if-you-say-you-forgot-I-will-hunt-you-down)

Usuratonkachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 19:35   Link #164
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Dare omaiwa???

Just Kidding..great to c u alive too

I ll get more active..just waitin for this sem to get over with. Become a real pain in the ass. I feel like all my Drawing skills rotting inside me..and i wanna get back to make some stuff asap

Till then..here is one of my Original character for the story my dear friend Usuratonkachi wrote "Saigo nno Kiss" (Last Kiss)

her name is Kaede Wakatsuki...Kawaii Desho~ ^_^ (I have already poted this before but i thought making a new post without putting up a drawing would be a bummer >.<

Old 2007-10-27, 05:26   Link #165
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Hmm, seems like I haven't seen you in a while.... =o!

Latest pic > really nice perspective! xD
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 04:44   Link #166
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

FINALLY a new work!!! But Hey!..Its not on Paper o_O

Thank u innonimate san..sorry i didnt see ur reply...I m hardly in the Art forum nowadays

Neway..A return after a loooong time I guess. And rather an unexpected return since i wasnt planning to draw till the next semester. My end semesters are going on, and I got this weekend free. Since the Monday exam is easy..i suddenly got this weird idea of drawing on my hostel room wall.

First time I have tried out such a large drawing..almost life size..Hope u guys like it

Note: Only Pencils used

Spoiler for Nudity is there and large size:
Old 2007-11-24, 04:50   Link #167
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Yo, welcome back!

Your new piece is very good (probably one of the best I have seen from you! )

Can only hope that you dont get into trouble because of it, though.
Old 2007-11-24, 10:27   Link #168
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
wOW! You are really good at drawing anime. Like the details too.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 13:55   Link #169
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Yo, welcome back!

Your new piece is very good (probably one of the best I have seen from you! )

Can only hope that you dont get into trouble because of it, though.
Well..it definitely feels nice to be back. Just hopin to be back more regularly..placements are coming soon..so in another month i ll have a job and i ll be back for good

Thanks for the compliments..and yes..lets pray my Hostel Warden doesnt look into my room :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
wOW! You are really good at drawing anime. Like the details too.
Arigatou Gozaimasu~ Means a lot
Old 2007-11-25, 01:43   Link #170
Tran225

these pictures are amazing how long have you been drawing for and how old are u( just wanna see what age are most good artist at)
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 02:55   Link #171
ZeRoGravity

I would probably make her body darker - I see you did darken the outline of her head. Right now, her tattoo feels very separated from her body because of the huge contrast in tonal value. Might be good to add in more values in tones if you got the time. I think you already know this - her back arm is off and her hand looks a bit weird; otherwise its a good mural. First time I've seen one done in pencil.
Old 2007-11-25, 04:34   Link #172
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran225 View Post
these pictures are amazing how long have you been drawing for and how old are u( just wanna see what age are most good artist at)
Well..firstly..thnks for complimenting my work. Secondly...I have been doing this for 2 years now. And I am 21 years old. If everythin goes well..maybe i ll be able to put up a manga soon which u guys can review for me ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
I would probably make her body darker - I see you did darken the outline of her head. Right now, her tattoo feels very separated from her body because of the huge contrast in tonal value. Might be good to add in more values in tones if you got the time. I think you already know this - her back arm is off and her hand looks a bit weird; otherwise its a good mural. First time I've seen one done in pencil.
You are reading my mind o_O. The hands were definitely tough to get. I m fairly comfy with them on paper..but on a wall..and that too for the first time was a bit of a hard thing to do. Dunno how to make the tonal quality better since I used only a 2B pencil >.<. I think charcoal would have been a better option..since spreading pencil wasnt very easy.
Tattoo point accepted. The wall was big..and i kinda lost out on how to make it suit the body.
Thanks for the pointers...if i ever draw on my wall again :P i ll remember them

neway..here is another pic to give u an idea of how large it is. I m on left..my frnd on right. The room is small..the pic was taken from real close..I guess i should have rested on the wall to give a better estimation..maybe I ll put up another pic

Spoiler for nudity:

EDIT: I have a weird expression on my face >.<
Old 2007-11-25, 16:00   Link #173
ZeRoGravity

Quote:
Dunno how to make the tonal quality better since I used only a 2B pencil >.<. I think charcoal would have been a better option..since spreading pencil wasnt very easy.
You should then use more variety of B pencils like 4B-7B or even 8B. You can hatch or crosshatch like you did with the drapery although it will take a bit longer. Charcoal, conte or art stix can be a time saving alternative.

As for the tonal value, know where your light source is - top right, top left, middle right etc. From what I learned in painting class, standing back - a couple of meters and squint your eyes will help see your values better; what value is working and whats not, where to darken, where to lighten etc. Of course yours is a bit different than a still life; you don't have an actual light source so you gotta imagine where the light is coming from "inside" your mural.

Hope that helps.
Old 2007-11-25, 18:26   Link #174
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

wow toxic_trance you are superb
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 01:57   Link #175
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
You should then use more variety of B pencils like 4B-7B or even 8B. You can hatch or crosshatch like you did with the drapery although it will take a bit longer. Charcoal, conte or art stix can be a time saving alternative.

As for the tonal value, know where your light source is - top right, top left, middle right etc. From what I learned in painting class, standing back - a couple of meters and squint your eyes will help see your values better; what value is working and whats not, where to darken, where to lighten etc. Of course yours is a bit different than a still life; you don't have an actual light source so you gotta imagine where the light is coming from "inside" your mural.

Hope that helps.
Hmm..the lighting effect is something I still need to learn. And as far as such huge drawings are concerned..if charcoal is not available..a higher range of pencils which u mentioned would definitely be a good option.

Thanks for the pointers as always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaboso View Post
wow toxic_trance you are superb
ARIGATOU ^_^
Old 2007-11-27, 02:53   Link #176
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

I unfortunately don't do much actual pencil and paper sketching (I sketch on a tablet )... so I cannot give any proper advices on how to improve your drawings.

I doubt you'd need much advices from me anyway, your drawings are great!

+cookie+

Last edited by MaxwellDemon; 2007-11-27 at 03:16.
MaxwellDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 03:14   Link #177
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I envy good artist... Now Now send me a tablet!!!(Life is so unfair!)
Old 2007-11-27, 03:19   Link #178
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Yo toxic long time no see, so back in action eh? xD

Really nice drawing, actually a GREAT drawing to be exact. Can't believe the canvass is that big xD and wow, what a drawing

Anyways, welcome back (i guess ) and gl with your stuff =]
Old 2007-11-27, 11:57   Link #179
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
Yo toxic long time no see, so back in action eh? xD

Really nice drawing, actually a GREAT drawing to be exact. Can't believe the canvass is that big xD and wow, what a drawing

Anyways, welcome back (i guess ) and gl with your stuff =]
Yes, truly been a long time. And yeah..I m really not back as of yet... maybe in a month or so. Lots of stuff planned..and hands just itching to draw.

Thnks for the compliments..will try to keep delivering. But leaving me aside, seems like u have been doing some great works too. Will follow up with ur works once I am free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
I envy good artist... Now Now send me a tablet!!!(Life is so unfair!)
I dont have a tablet either >.< Anyone having one..send me if possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellDemon View Post
I unfortunately don't do much actual pencil and paper sketching (I sketch on a tablet )... so I cannot give any proper advices on how to improve your drawings.

I doubt you'd need much advices from me anyway, your drawings are great!

+cookie+
I am not perfect..so any advice would be great. Espescially since I plan to draw a non hentai Doujin for Claymore soon. So..any feedback is totally welcome
Old 2007-12-15, 05:00   Link #180
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Another Wall Drawing o_O

This might be turning into a nasty habit. At this rate..getting thrown out of hostel doesnt seem like an Impossibility.

Anyway.. my Job Placements are going on..and I have had quite the bad luck. Made it to final round in the 3 interviews I sat.. but the most stupid thing gettin me kicked out at the last moment. Well, neway.. nothin to worry.. I am hopin I will be free soon and then I will be able to draw at some good pace

For now, again another wall drawing. On the left of where I drew my previous work. Again, I wasnt planning to draw this, but, I happened to download Simoun manga, and simply fell in love with the artwork. I guess I had to draw this. My hands wouldnt forgive me if i hadnt

Drawing Stats:
Time: 10.5 hrs
Tools: H lead Pencil (4 leads) and a poor rubber

Got a bit tired at the end so the left girl's (Aelle) leg didnt come out very well.

Neway, hope u guys like it. And yeah... Please pray for a good job for me so that I can draw more like this

Neveril and Aelle in Simoun

Note: Sorry for the lack of clarity, the original pic couldnt come out well, so i tweaked it in all possible ways so that u can see it well

Size Estimation

Tags
artwork, fanart, manga, toxic