AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-26, 17:53   Link #201
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
Makoto himself thought he should die. When he got stabbed, his last words were "Thank Goodness". Or something like that. Honestly I myself might have done the same thing too, most of the girls FORCED themselves on Makoto. To make matters worser they allowed him to continue it, so the girls are partly to blame. As for Sekai, she must have some serious issues against Kotonoha, mainly because she already new Makoto was having sex with other people. When he heard that he was seeing Kotonaha she cracked. I really feel sorry for Kotonoha, she used by Sekai to get closer to Makoto. Shes dealt with a lot of trauma too.
Old 2008-07-01, 17:30   Link #202
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

at least his death taught us guys that we need to respect women.
Old 2008-07-06, 13:11   Link #203
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
at least his death taught us guys that we need to respect women.
And if it didn't happen you wouldn't respect them ?;d

In this situation i don't think it would matter what sex you are,if it was a girl that would've had sex with everyone in school and guys were instead of the 2 girls(Kotonoha,Sekai),i don't think that something would've been different,even guys killed girls for such thing as jealousy.Its not that only girls can go insane right ?

I'm a guy btw xD

Ontopic.

Honestly it makes you want to kill Makoto for what he did,but i don't think he should've died this way,although it's hard to believe that he didn't realise what he was doing,i think he would be able to solve this situation,because people are growing up - not the opposite,i know that trying to look cool by not wishing someone like that death is not cool,but i did think about it and in the beginning and all he didn't look like a total asshole,so i'm sure if he started thinking about it he would apologize to them all(apologize not like sry and all,but a special appology ofcourse).

Last edited by noktown; 2008-07-06 at 13:22.
Old 2008-07-06, 21:18   Link #204
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

well i think matoko should not have died. in the end he learned his lesson (even though he got off easy). however if i had a chance to make the ending were matoko doesnt die i wouldnt change a thing. the ending was sad, but unique and it separated SD from any other typical romance anime which IMO was brilliant of the creator.

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
Old 2008-07-08, 01:21   Link #205
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
And if it didn't happen you wouldn't respect them ?;d

In this situation i don't think it would matter what sex you are,if it was a girl that would've had sex with everyone in school and guys were instead of the 2 girls(Kotonoha,Sekai),i don't think that something would've been different,even guys killed girls for such thing as jealousy.Its not that only girls can go insane right ?

I'm a guy btw xD

Ontopic.

Honestly it makes you want to kill Makoto for what he did,but i don't think he should've died this way,although it's hard to believe that he didn't realise what he was doing,i think he would be able to solve this situation,because people are growing up - not the opposite,i know that trying to look cool by not wishing someone like that death is not cool,but i did think about it and in the beginning and all he didn't look like a total asshole,so i'm sure if he started thinking about it he would apologize to them all(apologize not like sry and all,but a special appology ofcourse).
i dont think he should die either just for sleeping around. His friend is way worse than him (raping, and that is low, at least the sex thing with makoto is concented). He should take up responsiblity but its too late for him (he was brutally murder, the last ep was really scary and left a mental scar on me ).

For respecting women means that dont sleep around and be loyal to one, u dont know if one or more of them would turn psycho and well, u know the rest...
Old 2008-07-10, 23:51   Link #206
yakuri-moe

I think he should've died because it will set a good example for eroge fans. You better not harem real people or you might end up with the worse ending ^^

But seriously, it's not whether he deserved to die or not, but whether he should've seen it coming. As much as he was manipulated by Sekai, he took advantage of the situation and certainly enjoyed himself when the girls rubbed themselves against him. If he had gotten one ounce of common sense he could have realized everything going on was wrong at some level. Instead he pretended he was harem playing. Sekai killing him is just one of the many conclusions he could have faced.
Old 2008-07-11, 15:17   Link #207
thepik241

Honestly I thought he deserved to die however the way he died was not a good enough punishment for all he did over the course of the series.

He got the easy way out and I think he could have had a greater punishment, more psychological and emotional than a physical punishment.
Old 2008-07-11, 22:52   Link #208
gibits
Endless

How could anyone fault him for living it up? I think he was setting himself up for a huge fall, but death? I don't even think he really was a bad guy either, just completely clueless. I can't even blame him for letting it get to his head, he's had so much success that it got the better of him.

He just assumed everyone was as fickle (and horny) as he was, and for the most part he was right (exceptions being Sekai and Kotonoha).
Old 2008-07-12, 21:12   Link #209
Taler
http://typemoon.us

I'm sure Otome loved him as well.

The blond pigtail girl came out of nowhere though.
Old 2008-07-24, 00:27   Link #210
x81ublu8x
Names mean nothing

Send a message via MSN to x81ublu8x
Quote:
I wish I had joined this discussion earlier. I have been reading most of the posts in this thread and can see pretty much everything concerning Makoto has already been covered. Nevertheless, I would like to share my thougths on this character in hopes of discussing anything that hasn't been boiled down up till now.

Makoto Itou was, what I consider, a normal teenager at the beginning of the story. Being there so many sources for adult material available nowadays, it was no surprise his mind was already filled with images of naked women dancing around him and all sorts of media that stimulate a 15 year old lad's libido. The magazines and tissue box he had under his bed are proof enough.

When he finally saw a girl from his world, a schoolmate, being a step ahead from the rest in the process of becoming a woman, and a very attractive one at that, it was only natural for him to develop an interest in her. Just an interest. He was smart enough to know the difference between a fantasy and his real life. Coupled with his shyness that didn't allow him to even speak to her, Makoto was happy just being a spectator.

Then, one day, he jumped from being a stranger to this girl to becoming her boyfriend. All of this due to Sekai's intervention; a girl he was not really interested in befriending; and who began doing him favors he did not ask for. Was he prepared for this? Evidently not. The mistakes he made on his first and second date were laughable but would it be fair to call him a jerk for that? My answer would be no. Just like Kotonoha, he had no experience dating someone, but most importantly that he was not yet ready to abandon his world of harmless entertainment (the best example is the magazine he was skimming right in front of her in the bookstore.)

When he later realized this fact, Makoto was honest to report it to Sekai by telling her he was stressed and tired of playing the boyfriend role. Perhaps he wasn't able to picture why things weren't working out like he had imagined, but he felt it and complained. All of us have had this feeling before, especially when little, when we decided not to do something because we felt it was wrong or made us uncomfortable rather than understanding why.

This is where I believe Makoto made his first real mistake: allowing Sekai to decide for him. Sekai appeared to be quite a dependable character, always having an answer for everything and giving Makoto advice at every turn. The truth was she was just as inexperienced as Makoto, and I would dare say less mature for not being able to confess her feelings the way he did; creating instead this "game" of hers where she was the master in charge of educating him. The situation obviously got out of control in little time and Sekai stepped down from being the master to become a player herself and leaving no one in charge. It's right here where Makoto should have realized the problem she was going through and put a halt to it. Contrary to this he gave in to his desires, which Sekai helped awaken in him, knowing she was more likely to give him what Kotonoha refused. Sekai's pregnancy was a clear signal of how unprepared those two were...

From that day on, things just began to get worse for everyone, fueled by Makoto's inability to decide on his own. Setsuna barged in next, harassing him to keep Kotonoha away, especially in a time when she needed his support. She always argued it was to help out Sekai, but was it really? She had her own little secret that gave her confidence to act without feeling guilty, thinking it wouldn't make a difference if nobody became aware of it. Or at least she thought so until she watched the school play and opened her eyes. Still, she secretly visited him one more time before leaving Japan, putting her precious friendship on the line. It turned out she wasn't as loyal as everybody believed, although deep in her heart Sekai was more important to her.

The rest of the girls Makoto was involved with were the worst. Hikari betrayed Sekai without giving it much thought then quietly withdrew to avoid being part of the problem. Kumi, Natsumi and the other girl that bullied Kotonoha lost respect for Otome and did their own thing with him. Let's remember these girls even talked about giving it a go with Kumi's boyfriend when Makoto was no longer an ideal candidate. It all proves the lack of principles many of these students had, placing their own interests on top of others, and taking no responsibility.

Makoto's mistakes can be summed up in a single term: passiveness. He was stupid and careless to think his problems weren't such a big deal and would eventually disappear as a result. He was shunned for it at the same time he created a thick layer of tension around himself. Then, just before he was about to collapse, something meaningful happened: Fate. The cellphone charm had been at last fulfilled. Only the image of a mentally deteriorated Kotonoha was strong enough to make him understand what he had done, allowing Kotonoha to come back to her senses in the process. They had saved each other.

Unfortunately, saving Kotonoha was equal to abandoning Sekai, who had also taken a large amount of psychological abuse up to this point. The night she saw her dinner piled up in the garbage was the last straw, she realized she had been defeated and that there was nothing she could possibly do to change it. A simple issue left unresolved quickly snowballed into a relentless problem that claimed his life when it became unbearable for Sekai.

It is clear that Makoto was the main culprit in all of this, but it wouldn't be fair to pour all the hatred on him when everybody else took a hand in. I don't agree with the people who say "he got what he deserved" since he wasn't fully aware of his actions, unlike a womanizer who is just waiting for his next chance to score. His conduct was rebukable, I cannot argue with that, but by no means did it justify someone to slaughter him like an pig.

Fair or not, that was the outcome and it didn't stop Kotonoha from being reunited with Makoto. So, were they really meant to be? That's a question left open for the viewer to decide, but I would like to believe so. Maybe if they had met under different circumstances the would've had a brighter future together, but it would not have changed the fact that they were bound to be together. (Please note my opinion is based on the anime and has nothing to do with the PC game.)

I wish to share with all of you how I will remember this young couple:

And they lived happily ever after.
Exactly, he didn't deserve to die like that just because he had sex with lots of chicks in high school, he just did it with the wrong people.
Old 2008-07-24, 00:29   Link #211
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:
Originally Posted by x81ublu8x View Post
Exactly, he didn't deserve to die like that just because he had sex with lots of chicks in high school, he just did it with the wrong people.

Hah lol Sekai is the one that mainly screwed it all up <.< Kotonoha oddly was fine with him cheating on her. So maybe if the girl offers to have sex with you for *practice* back off cause she is crazy and will stab you about 3 times
Old 2008-07-27, 14:47   Link #212
hero147

I don't think Makoto deserved to die, maybe if Sekai cut off his penis, that would suffice. On a sidenote, I don't believe Sekai deserved to die, she, even though made mistakes, was intentionally good. If what I think is correct, she put herself on trial on the final episode? Meaning she had doubts about her actions, that is what made me like her throughout the series.
Old 2008-07-28, 19:03   Link #213
Tiran86

Rationally, the answer is no. It didn't stop me from cheering when he did die though. His actions were infuriating and I grew to hate him more and more to the point where I was rooting for his death by the time Sekai walked in with the knife.

I don't have any sympathy for him whatsoever. The only character I've ever hated more than him is King Hamdo from Now and Then Here and There.
Old 2008-07-28, 22:32   Link #214
Taler
http://typemoon.us

Nothing justifies murder, getting dumped is part of life, get used to it.

Anyway, there's no question that Sekai was bloody insane, the whole thing can be a little hard to relate, it feels very Japanese, all the reactions on the parts of the characters.
Old 2008-08-15, 12:32   Link #215
Mystic_Blue_Roses
Anime Freak

I'm kinda torn between two awnsers. He was a JERK!! He cheated so many times! But I don't think he deserved to die, just a nice trip to the hospital. (And another thing, why do they have black blood? 0.o )
Old 2008-08-16, 11:09   Link #216
AceD
See You En' Tee

well obviously he didnt deserve to die really...he was just a player thats all
Old 2008-08-18, 13:46   Link #217
Tamekichi
流離っている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Blue_Roses View Post
(And another thing, why do they have black blood? 0.o )
That was censorship due to the graphic nature of what was happening. The uncut scenes have red blood, and also less flashbacks while Sekai is stabbing Makoto, so they can show her stabbing him more. I think you can search it on YouTube and find it pretty easily to see it.
Old 2008-08-20, 09:50   Link #218
Andraziel
Victory is in my grasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
well obviously he didnt deserve to die really...he was just a player thats all
I agree. but... a total uncontrollable player
Old 2008-08-22, 15:41   Link #219
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

Yes he deserves to die and I hope he burns in hell! (for the joke i think it was a line from Samuel L. Jackson in one of his movies lol)

Seriously though, no he dosen't deserve to die, he deserves to get punished ( in a non-naughty way) somehow, but its to late for that.
Old 2008-08-25, 11:07   Link #220
miske

Imo not only Makoto,but Sekai deserved to die too.If they didn't,i don't think we will get a point from creators.That doesn't mean to pick up a knife and start to kill anyone that hurt us.Its not real life,its an anime.Ofc in real life if something like that occured(deaths like Makoto's and Sekai) ,i wouldn't like it.The creators want from us to think something from the deaths of Makoto and Sekai,and for me this deaths are symbolic.Almost all characters from the anime were selfish.But Makoto and Sekai were selfish above normal level,they were totally selfish.And in the end Makoto and Sekai,bearers of totally selfishness, died.Its like the creators killed over-selfishness.So the point for us(viewers) imo is to dont be so selfish.
Closed Thread