AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-20, 17:22   Link #2361
LastResolve

so basicly she cant really do more than simply blast away subjects..? thats too lame...
Old 2010-03-20, 18:35   Link #2362
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Still, to have enough force to toss a 2 ton truck like it's nothing... We should give her some credit.

Not everyone is the next Accelerator who can do everything.
Old 2010-03-20, 19:19   Link #2363
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Not to mention kongou is not even a level 5. And since she's such a minor character, maybe there's another use of the power that we didn't know of.
Old 2010-03-20, 22:15   Link #2364
tsunade666

level 4 doesn't have that much flexibility yet. The only one I know that had a very flexible abilities are the level 5. Beside them the others are quite generic or specialized on a certain portion of their type of ability.
Old 2010-03-20, 22:34   Link #2365
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
so basicly she cant really do more than simply blast away subjects..? thats too lame...
and you don't have any powers. that's even lamer in YOUR book, i believe.

that said, back to the ability. the wind only pushes the object where it touches the object. So if it's a 2000kg vehicle, she'd need more than that to move it, let alone make it fly. And all that concentrated in the area of a palm. Hardly lame, don't you think?
Old 2010-03-21, 03:29   Link #2366
LastResolve

Quote:
and you don't have any powers. that's even lamer in YOUR book, i believe.
rofl
Quote:
Still, to have enough force to toss a 2 ton truck like it's nothing... We should give her some credit.
surely but whats the point of having a power that has 1 way of use alone...
Quote:
Not everyone is the next Accelerator who can do everything.
and there is no way in hell she can be compered to him....
Old 2010-03-21, 04:44   Link #2367
ykf566

Quote:
rofl

Is there any esper alive which can be compared to him?
Old 2010-03-21, 06:47   Link #2368
LastResolve

ehm kakine?
Old 2010-03-21, 06:55   Link #2369
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

who got pwned by him anyway.
Old 2010-03-21, 07:25   Link #2370
tsunade666

in a one sided fight.......... at first Accel gets the beaten but the guy has monster computational capabilities to even add the dark matter computation on his filter. A total monster.

Everyone say that rank 1 and rank 2 are totally different because they bear mark of a god. But what about rank 1?

Quote:
rofl

Give her some credit. She did master it or rather specialize herself on it. Though the range is problematic but most of the ability doesn't have that much range to begin with. The only one I know that had wide range one are kakine and mikoto which at least 30 meters radius attack range.
Old 2010-03-21, 09:01   Link #2371
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I've been wondering why the author doesn't make a character with a power to control time XD. Whether in magic or science side.
Old 2010-03-21, 09:53   Link #2372
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I've been wondering why the author doesn't make a character with a power to control time XD. Whether in magic or science side.
Too complicated and overrated?
Old 2010-03-21, 09:54   Link #2373
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Time is one of those forces that humans in general should never play around with. If a person should have such powers they would be considered godlike as those powers could be used to make Deus Ex Machina occur as many times as they like.
Old 2010-03-21, 09:54   Link #2374
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
If that happens sure that esper or mage is going to have a big restriction like Awaki has with her "Move Point".
Or maybe is a right only exclusive for those who reaches a godlike status.
Old 2010-03-21, 09:55   Link #2375
Seihai
スマイリウム

Yeah. Darker than Black's Amber at least had to pay a great price to use her time influencing powers which is fair enough.
Old 2010-03-21, 10:28   Link #2376
paptimus
dark nexon

Quote:
A simple answer would be because no one knows what time really is. we only know that time exists because space-time are related(day-night+aging-->dying and such things). by seeing things that change periodically humans have paid a lot of attention to time but other than that, i would say it is an unknown variable that does exist but outside of the human realm.
Old 2010-03-21, 18:51   Link #2377
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Which is exactly why it will be interested to see it implemented in a pseudo-scientific series like this. And to comment on godlike ability, the magic side is basically getting their power from *god* itself, so it wouldn:t be that strange for someone on magic side to be close to godlike right? I just think that it would be interested to see time manipulation ability in the series even with a lot of restriction on it XD Oh well, just a rant though so don:t mind me too much XD
Old 2010-03-21, 19:07   Link #2378
paptimus
dark nexon

Quote:
Which is exactly why it will be interested to see it implemented in a pseudo-scientific series like this. And to comment on godlike ability, the magic side is basically getting their power from *god* itself, so it wouldn:t be that strange for someone on magic side to be close to godlike right? I just think that it would be interested to see time manipulation ability in the series even with a lot of restriction on it XD Oh well, just a rant though so don:t mind me too much XD

not at all , its pretty interesting to see a time manipulator however i am more interested in how it will be explained.
Old 2010-03-21, 21:15   Link #2379
zato_1one

I want to ask the same question in episode 24 thread. How can Accel reflect teleportation? What is the explanation about this in the novel?
Old 2010-03-21, 21:55   Link #2380
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I want to ask the same question in episode 24 thread. How can Accel reflect teleportation? What is the explanation about this in the novel?
It was not explained, only mentioned. Here's a rough translation of that segment:
Spoiler for vol 20:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen