AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 21:31   Link #121
Terizent
Nonsense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I was watching this episode and, when I saw the dead bodies, I was thinking "More zombies? Man, the zombie trend must've really caught on in Japan too."
Speaking of source material, could someone who is familiar with it check out the ANN plot summary and see if it really is giving a way a big twist? I was looking at the ANN page and I'm pretty sure it does have a huge spoiler there but since I haven't read the original I'm hesitant to send an error report.
Well, ANN does have what's actually affecting all those people with "anemia"...although I kinda figured it out for myself pretty quickly.

[snip]

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-07-09 at 09:17. Reason: no manga spoilers
Terizent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 21:35   Link #122
myopius

[snip]

AniDB also has the same spoiler in its information. I won't say where to avoid describing the nature of how the spoiler could be conveyed, but I'd recommend people avoid looking at any info there besides number of episodes.

...Or just spoil yourself, I guess, since it seems like it'll be hard not to. But I personally really enjoyed reading the manga and not knowing...

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-07-09 at 09:18. Reason: please dont quote spoilers
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:11   Link #123
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terizent View Post
Well, ANN does have what's actually affecting all those people with "anemia"...although I kinda figured it out for myself pretty quickly.
Oh, you mean bed bugs!

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-07-09 at 09:18. Reason: please dont quote spoilers
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:19   Link #124
Terizent
Nonsense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Oh, you mean bed bugs!
Hahaha of course that's what I'm alluding to. The bed bugs are killing the entire town. </sarcasm>
Terizent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:38   Link #125
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Pinkuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:58   Link #126
Jarmel

This is fairly obvious that we're dealing with vampires. Hypnosis, moving in the night, old european castle, and loss of blood.

I love the purple-haired guy's line at the end. "Hey I don't have to close the window anymore". I laughed pretty hard at how absolutely cold that line was. Now that I think about it, windows are pretty important in regards to vampire stories(in that they have to ask to be let in to the house).

The rural setting also makes me wonder if this is going to follow the Salem's Lot approach of axing everybody off in the town as it seems the vampires aren't exactly friendly. My main question is if the show is going to be inquisitive in nature in that it's going to be a mystery trying to investigate the vampires or if it's going to be more action oriented.

Last edited by Jarmel; 2010-07-08 at 23:12.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 23:01   Link #127
lightbringer
M9000

Haven't heard much anime-wise from Buck-Tick lately. Somewhat catchy opening tune, although I liked Gessekai a whole lot more.

Can't really participate in the speculations, having read the manga, but recommend that anyone new to Shiki not spoil themselves silly and stick to the anime until it runs out.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 23:12   Link #128
Jarmel

The facial design also reminded me of FS/N alot.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 00:35   Link #129
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
ugh the character designs, I don't know if it's just me but whenever I look at their eyes I get 2 conflicting emotions. 1 Im honestly creeped out, and 2 I feel seriously pissed/ irritated just lookin at them
Old 2010-07-09, 00:55   Link #130
wingman32x

Hmm, episode 1 was quite good. But wow, talk about rapid-fire character introductions. I'll probably eventually learn them, but damn. As far as the plot, it looks really good. I like the atmosphere the show gives off. Megumi seemed like a decent character, but she seems dead . Overall, Shiki has earned another episode for me, I'm still not sold on following it weekly yet, though.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 01:26   Link #131
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Episode 1 was interesting it really got my attention. The character designs vary from good to bad, I really liked Megumi's character design but some other ones look bad.

I like the setting and I can definitely feel something creepy coming from that mansion and the new people that moved in. So I'll definitely be watching episode 2 and see where this is heading.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 01:37   Link #132
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Episode 1 was pretty fun, though not really interesting...especially if there's a disease carried through bugs that raises the dead after killing them with...old age 0_o
Anyway, it's weird and mysterious, and that's pretty much what I was looking for in this show Best character: Love!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 02:18   Link #133
Silverwyrm

Anyone know how many ep's this is scheduled for?

after reading the manga more the character designs grew on me a bit, they kinda fit the way the story is. Also haven't seen any clothes as atrocious looking as what megumi was wearing in the beginning (at least its bottom half)
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 02:55   Link #134
Horse

It's 2 cours, so... probably between 22 or 24.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 03:15   Link #135
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, this was my most anticipated series of the season, and it didn't disappoint. Surely it just barely edges Occult Academy for my fave of the season (which to be fair was much better than I expected it to be), but the whole murder mystery atmosphere couldn't be beat.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 07:12   Link #136
Weils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terizent View Post
Come to think of it...I notice all the episode titles have a double meaning using homophones, I think using On'yomi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanji The first episode "第遺血話" pronounces as either "anemia" (pretty cool if you ask me since the events of the episode alludes to that) or "the first chapter".

The Usual Suspects

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-07-09 at 09:19. Reason: no spoilers and please dont quote spoilers
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 07:52   Link #137
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

wow, I loved this opening!
Besides long necks, art is pretty.
I'm surprised with this season's quality.

I felt like watching a high quality (graphics) Higurashi.

Damn. I liked Megumi. D: Is she REALLY dead? T_T I can't believe it. She really captivated me.

Are the socalled new neighbors like…Vampires or something? Never read the manga.

I also liked Shiki, are all male leads to this season so badass?
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 08:30   Link #138
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijuu View Post
I also liked Shiki, are all male leads to this season so badass?
There are at least two other shows this season with badass male leads.
Spoiler for just in case:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 09:20   Link #139
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Guys watch it with the spoilers, I know it wasnt anything huge but what I deleted, most of us watching would not have figured out just based on the first epi. Be careful ok This is anime-only so nothing outside of what happened in epi 1 should be discussed.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 09:34   Link #140
PzIVf3

Pls. tell me if that pink hair girl is gonna come back. i dont care the spoiler.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire