Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2013-01-20, 12:00   Link #9421
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

not really a news but

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 12:58   Link #9422
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Explorer's rare Scotch returned to Antarctic stash
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...01-19-07-34-05
That's awesome. I've seen pictures of the hut and it's really eerie and interesting how it's just 'frozen' in time down there, no pun intended. To think there was something like that hiding outside of plain view, and now they've been able to recreate the recipe to boot, is pretty cool.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 06:59   Link #9423
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Pastors' comments spark fresh debate over Section 377A

Quote:
Singapore actor Lim Yu Beng has joined the growing chorus of netizens condemning recent pleas by two church pastors against the repeal of Section 377A in Singapore.

"To put it simply, Pastor Khong wants it illegal to be homosexual in Singapore. My point is this. Nobody is making it compulsory for him to be gay. Why should he make it compulsory for others to be straight?," he said in a Facebook post on Sunday.

The respected veteran stage and film actor said he was not questioning the Pastor's beliefs but rather "his right to impose those interpretations on others through legislation".
Lim's comments come amid a growing and bitter debate in the past week over Senior Pastor Lawrence Khong's plea to the government not to overturn Section 377A, which criminalises sex between consenting gay men.

Khong, of Faith Community Baptist Church, called the repeal of the statute "a looming threat to the basic building block (of family) by homosexual activists".

In front of a congregation last weekend that included ESM Goh Chok Tong, who happened to be passing by the church during his regular Marine Parade walkabout, Khong urged the government to provide "moral leadership" and to "protect constitutional rights to free speech and religious liberty"

Another more strident Facebook post by Pastor Yang Tuck Yoong of Cornerstone Community Church came out on Saturday in support of Pastor Khong. In it, he called for the church to "get herself into battle-footing, and be battle-ready."

"This war is winnable and the church will arise victorious... Be ready for a sharp polarising of our society over the gay and lesbian issue and when it happens, you better make sure you know which side you are on," he added.

Thaddeus Wee, who studies postgraduate law at Singapore Management University is among those who took issue with Pastor Khong's "questionable statements".

Similar to how adultery or single mothers or childless married couples went against the idea of a "traditional" family unit, he asked in a Facebook post why gay relationships were deserving of any special attention.

Gay pastor Reverend Miak Siew, executive pastor of Singapore's Free Community Church, also said in a Facebook post Pastor Khong's statements only served to stigmatise the gay and lesbian community.

"The repeal of 377A poses no threat to families bound together by love... you have placed obstacles in how parents understand their children who are different, and create huge rifts in these families," he said.

Heated debate since 2007

A heated debate on the issue began in 2007, when then Member of Parliament Siew Kum Hong filed a petition to repeal Section 377A, which he cited as discriminatory and a violation of constitutional safeguards on equal rights.

However, Senior Minister of State for Law and Home Affairs Ho Peng Kee shot down the petition, highlighting that Singapore is a conservative society and “majority of [Singaporeans may] find homosexual behaviour offensive and unacceptable”.

“While homosexuals have a place in society… repealing Section 377A will be contentious and may send a wrong signal that the government is encouraging and endorsing the homosexual lifestyle as part of our mainstream way of life,” an AFP report quoted Ho as saying at the time.

The appeal to challenge Section 377A will be heard in court on February 14 and was filed after two men who have been partners for 15 years said the law entrenches “stigma and discrimination against lesbian, gay, transgender and bisexual people in society”.
Where can I move to where people tolerate others for being hipster, straight, gay, lesbian, transsexual, black, white, yellow, or whatever quirk that makes them stand out from the rest of society?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 07:09   Link #9424
EroKing

The jungle?
Old 2013-01-21, 07:35   Link #9425
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Where can I move to where people tolerate others for being hipster, straight, gay, lesbian, transsexual, black, white, yellow, or whatever quirk that makes them stand out from the rest of society?
The Land of the Dead, coz dead people stop caring about these things.

Cheers.
Old 2013-01-21, 08:37   Link #9426
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The Land of the Dead, coz dead people stop caring about these things.

Cheers.
Don't worry, there's probably something than would ''bug'' them
Old 2013-01-21, 09:18   Link #9427
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Woman smothers her fella with her breasts, gets charged with manslaughter Caution: link has a pic of bra-covered boobies
Quote:
The paper reports that she threw herself on top of the man in her caravan and despite efforts by doctors to save him, the unnamed man died at a hospital in Washington.
I always did refer to it as "being bombed", just never thought one could die from it. How much more if Yukikaze bombs me? I wouldn't die, because this guy was bombed by the big ones and steam-rolled by the flat loli and still survived
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 10:22   Link #9428
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Woman smothers her fella with her breasts, gets charged with manslaughter Caution: link has a pic of bra-covered boobies

I always did refer to it as "being bombed", just never thought one could die from it. How much more if Yukikaze bombs me? I wouldn't die, because this guy was bombed by the big ones and steam-rolled by the flat loli and still survived
I'm sure he died happy.

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 10:35   Link #9429
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

You are going to make all the female members on this forum jealous.

You always wanted to die that way, right? Pervert.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-01-21, 11:01   Link #9430
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I really don't want to die that way...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 11:03   Link #9431
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I really don't want to die that way...
With a comment like this, I am resisting the urge to shout "LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE".

And maybe this is why the romanisation of the Japanese term "big chest" has "OP" as its first letters.

Old 2013-01-21, 11:13   Link #9432
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'd rather have access to them while alive than dead, wouldn't you agree?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 17:26   Link #9433
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Maybe Canada? They're the closest to it that I am aware of anyways.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 17:35   Link #9434
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'd rather have access to them while alive than dead, wouldn't you agree?
But you wouldn't know you'd die and the last thing you'd see/feel before you die is a pair of nice, big, soft boobies.

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 17:46   Link #9435
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Maybe Canada? They're the closest to it that I am aware of anyways.
Maybe, but I would though than a place like Amsterdam would more better.
Old 2013-01-22, 06:41   Link #9436
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Loan Shark Turned Entertainer Dies of Heart Attack

Quote:

22 Jan – Singaporean actor and Getai performer John Cheng, who is also known as Ah Nan among his peers and fans, died of an apparent heart attack last night.

According Straits Times, his wife stated her 52-year-old husband collapsed backstage following a performance in a nightclub in Chinatown.

His sudden death means that he will not be appearing onstage for Chinese New Year concert on 12 February 2013.

Ah Nan made his acting debut in the 1998 film "Money No Enough" followed by "Liang Po Po: The Movie". Before joining show business in 1987, Cheng used to be part of a gang, had gambling problems and was a loan shark runner, which is why he is often casted as thugs and brutal types prone to violence.

He is survived by his wife and three daughters.
I know this is small news in the world, however it is good to know that there are people in this world who turned their life around and made a difference not only for themselves, but to around them.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

Old 2013-01-22, 07:31   Link #9437
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

University of Toronto student group hosts “epic sex club adventure”

Quote:
It’s being billed online as an epic student sex club adventure — and in other corners of the web, a student orgy.

The University of Toronto Sexual Education Centre (SEC) is kicking off its annual Sexual Awareness Week next Monday at Oasis Aqua Lounge, a downtown club that bills itself as a water-themed adult playground, where swingers are welcome and sex is allowed everywhere but the hot tub.

“U of T is holding an orgy, and you’re invited! You just need your student ID” one Reddit user posted in a University of Waterloo forum.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...club-adventure

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 09:34   Link #9438
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ OH, Can-na-da.. ~

Old 2013-01-23, 11:21   Link #9439
AnimeFan188

This puppy is so cute you could eat it, and here's why:

"Ever reacted to the sight of a cute puppy or darling infant by squealing, "I want
to eat you up!"? Or maybe you can't help but want to pinch your grandbaby's
adorable cheeks. You're not alone. New research finds that seemingly strange
aggressive responses to cuteness are actually the norm."

See:

http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/201...heres-why?lite
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 11:26   Link #9440
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
This puppy is so cute you could eat it, and here's why:

"Ever reacted to the sight of a cute puppy or darling infant by squealing, "I want
to eat you up!"?
No. WTH is wrong with you?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor