AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-14, 06:13   Link #1761
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimiru1618 View Post
@Chaos2Frozen

Never said they did? Don't put words in my mouth please, I understand perfectly, so don't assume I don't. I'm not saying it's not true, before people go jumping on me. I'm just saying I'll believe it when I see it. If I see it, kudos. I'll be upset, but I follow the manga, so oh well. I'm just saying people don't need to jump to conclusions about a cancellation just because these are the last three episodes listed. No cancellation has officially be announced, publicly, by any network that runs Magi, that's all I'm pointing out. I only joined this place to see what the source was, now I have, so I'm not looking or posting on this forum anymore. Deleting my account
Did you rage so much that you misread all the posts ? We're talking about the end of this anime - An original end! And nothing about cancellation at all. And deleting account ? It make you look like you're running away from embarrassment.
Old 2013-03-14, 19:01   Link #1762
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
An anime original end? WHAT THE HELL? They can end it perfectly and NOT fuck up the canon. They have 3 episodes left, right?
Spoiler:
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 02:10   Link #1763
chaos_animagic

Yea, that would be awesome, all except they kinda already changed the sequence of original plot (Snake guy) (Snake Bite) etc etc. (this means they need a new reason for the original plot)
Especially if (Snake guy) have to somehow return back to original plot...

Spoiler for blah:

Plus... I think they already finalized the final episode sequences... so they're not gonna change it now.

And it also goes back to my saying... They're focusing more on Alibaba than Aladdin in the Anime. (which can either promote or butcher Alibaba's original styles)
I lean toward butcher, LOL
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 02:11   Link #1764
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think it's solely the animator's fault. There's only so much you can do when you only have 25 eps to work with. I mean, I won't defend the fact that it's going anime original, I mean I hated it back when Soul Eater did it, and don't think this is any different, even though I haven't read the manga. But I'm not gonna lame it on the studio.

Don't compare this to Full Metal Alchemist though, since that one went off-track much earlier and was so radically different from the manga that it was basically its own story.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 02:30   Link #1765
larethian

^ actually no one is comparing it with FMA. we are just using 'FMA' as an indirect way to bitch about magi's anime-original end and a desire to see it remade , even though that will be highly improbable. Besides, FMA diverged in early 10s and by 17, it's a different story; it didn't get off-track though, since there were only about 6 volumes then and the author requested for the production team to make an original end.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 02:48   Link #1766
MAX_COLA_POWER!

You think we'd accept the original ending better if Alibaba and Morgiana kissed?
Old 2013-03-15, 02:55   Link #1767
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
You think we'd accept the original ending better if Alibaba and Morgiana kissed?

...Do you feel less angry yet?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 03:00   Link #1768
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

^ I actually prefer her with Hakuryuu (especially because anyone voiced by Kaji Yuuki doesn't deserve to be with a Tomatsu Haruka character), so no.
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 09:10   Link #1769
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't think it's solely the animator's fault. There's only so much you can do when you only have 25 eps to work with. I mean, I won't defend the fact that it's going anime original, I mean I hated it back when Soul Eater did it, and don't think this is any different, even though I haven't read the manga. But I'm not gonna lame it on the studio.

Don't compare this to Full Metal Alchemist though, since that one went off-track much earlier and was so radically different from the manga that it was basically its own story.
What? This is a heck of a lot different to Soul Eater, Soul Eater is a monthly manga so even if Bones had managed to find a point to end the series conclusively enough in a faithful manner to the manga, it would be pointless since a sequel would be half a decade away at the earliest. The same situation applied to Ao no Exorcist, so you really can't be mad at that.

Magi otoh is a weekly manga which had plenty of material available when the anime started, material that the anime than run though at a blinding pace losing a lot of charm that the manga had. The manga gave the anime a perfect point to end the season with, if they felt it wasn't enough material than they could've padded it out, if the writer and team was talented (lol) smartly done filler can improve on things. For instance I really liked what the A-1 Team did with the opening chapter for Ao no Exorcist, they made it 2 episodes instead of one with new stuff, was well done imo.

The Magi anime could've ended with another 90 chapters available to animate if it was planned properly, instead they burned through a lot and are throwing in an anime original end as well.

The sales falling off a cliff for Magi speaks for itself, seems more like the fujoshis were more interested in the event tickets vol 1 and 2 had than the actual show. Look @ Jojo for another show with a vol 1 even ticket that had a falloff in the next volume, nowhere near as bad as Magi.

They dun goofed up, but at least the manga is really popular which I guess was the intention. But hey we can get some anime original Alibaba POV movies in the future for the anime franchise, can't wait.

I aint even mad tier

FMA, AnE, Soul Eater

They dun goofed up tier

Claymore, Magi

I'm expecting Shingeki no Kyojin to have an original end, fair enough considering it's a monthly manga and it could go on for a long time, also it being quite a big deal means the chances of a reboot happening when the manga finishes up is fairly high.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 09:15   Link #1770
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The sales falling off a cliff for Magi speaks for itself, seems more like the fujoshis were more interested in the event tickets vol 1 and 2 had than the actual show. Look @ Jojo for another show with a vol 1 even ticket that had a falloff in the next volume, nowhere near as bad as Magi.
Maybe they do or maybe they didn't buy the rest of the volume because they didn't like how anime turned out
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 09:30   Link #1771
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Maybe they do or maybe they didn't buy the rest of the volume because they didn't like how anime turned out
That's what he meant. They only bought the first two volumes for the event tickets (With a cast like that, no surprises. The event sounds mighty fine) and weren't interested in getting any more of the anime cause they aren't impressed.

Incidentally, I'm still buying the volumes out of sheer love for the series even though a voice in my head keeps telling me I should stop. =s Man, I wish I could use those tickets though...
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 13:52   Link #1772
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Magi otoh is a weekly manga which had plenty of material available when the anime started, material that the anime than run though at a blinding pace losing a lot of charm that the manga had. The manga gave the anime a perfect point to end the season with, if they felt it wasn't enough material than they could've padded it out, if the writer and team was talented (lol) smartly done filler can improve on things. For instance I really liked what the A-1 Team did with the opening chapter for Ao no Exorcist, they made it 2 episodes instead of one with new stuff, was well done imo.
To me it's still the same thing: They were only given 25 episodes to work with, so the fault lies more with that.
Old 2013-03-15, 14:20   Link #1773
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
They dun goofed up tier

Claymore, Magi
Claymore's last 4 episodes were stupid as hell, but at least Madhouse did an excellent job up until that point. Magi has been a rough adaption since the beginning.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 14:30   Link #1774
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
What? This is a heck of a lot different to Soul Eater, Soul Eater is a monthly manga so even if Bones had managed to find a point to end the series conclusively enough in a faithful manner to the manga, it would be pointless since a sequel would be half a decade away at the earliest. The same situation applied to Ao no Exorcist, so you really can't be mad at that.

The Magi anime could've ended with another 90 chapters available to animate if it was planned properly, instead they burned through a lot and are throwing in an anime original end as well.

They dun goofed up, but at least the manga is really popular which I guess was the intention. But hey we can get some anime original Alibaba POV movies in the future for the anime franchise, can't wait.

I aint even mad tier

FMA, AnE, Soul Eater

They dun goofed up tier

Claymore, Magi

I'm expecting Shingeki no Kyojin to have an original end, fair enough considering it's a monthly manga and it could go on for a long time, also it being quite a big deal means the chances of a reboot happening when the manga finishes up is fairly high.
On the other hand I'm still completely pissed about Soul Eater. You end it after a major arc and if you can ever come back and finish it great. You don't put together a ridiculously stupid original ending that on top of being bad completely eliminates any hope of a sequel. I wouldn't say it's pointless when your other option is to make sure a sequel will never happen because of a ridiculous original ending. That was just sad because they were incredibly faithful to the point where they just completely threw the source material out the window.

I will agree that Claymore far surpassed it in how bad they handed it. Original ending, but one that doesn't actually conclude the series . It takes talent to not only break away from the source material for the ending, but then not even come up with some conclusion in the process. You set up for a sequel that can't even happen because you went all original on it .
Old 2013-03-15, 17:18   Link #1775
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

...Do you feel less angry yet?
I confess, I do.
Old 2013-03-15, 17:30   Link #1776
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
To me it's still the same thing: They were only given 25 episodes to work with, so the fault lies more with that.
Not, not really. 25 episodes was a very good number. Most series run into the opposite problem: too many episodes to work with and not enough material, so they are forced to make anime original endings if there is no good stopping point. In Magi's case, if they hadn't rushed through the material, they would have gotten to the end of the Balbadd arc, which is a very good point to end a first season on. This way, they would have been able to continue the series if it turned out to be successful. It's entirely their fault for not planning properly and making stupid decisions. I suspect they never expected the anime to be popular in the first place. It's one of those series made solely to promote the manga, with no intention of adapting the whole story.

Last edited by Kanon; 2013-03-15 at 17:43.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 19:27   Link #1777
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^Which is the fault of the animators how exactly?
Old 2013-03-15, 22:25   Link #1778
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

^Simply put, they didn't make the best with what they had available.
If they had 25 episodes to use, what is the point to rush the story and make an original ending, instead of faithfully adapting the source material and stop at the end of an arc, namely Balbadd, to leave things open for a possible second season?
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 05:28   Link #1779
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
Isn't that the job of screenwriters, not Animators?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 06:12   Link #1780
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I don't even know how or why the animator was mentioned in the first place

well he should be though considering quality of past few episodes

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen