AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-14, 13:15   Link #26501
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
Same age IIRC. Kanzaki LOOKS his type and she's 2 years older than him but he doesn't really treat her like a woman either. Besides the really embarrassing experiences like the bath scene or the ero angel thing. I think Oriana the other pretty blond troll is pretty much the only female he reacted to actually? Fukou Da.

Well one thing Touma learned from dealing with Misaka for so long is that she shocks first and checks for your gunshot wound later. Seriously, stop trying to blame this on him. Even I feel embarrassed watching.
Vol.14, Touma finds Itsuwa to be cute.
Vol.16, Refers Kanzaki as sexy/hot.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:19   Link #26502
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Vol.14, Touma finds Itsuwa to be cute.
Vol.16, Refers Kanzaki as sexy/hot.
So do I. Doesn't mean I lust after them and turn into an idiot around them or idk want to pursue a relationship. If anything my type is Mugino but that's another story entirely. Anyway from his reaction to Oriana, we can assume he was serious about the whole onee-san type thing. Touma plz

Come to think of it I never introduced myself either so "Hi" and stuff.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:24   Link #26503
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Kanzaki has the merit of having been the only girl (we know) that could make Touma have an erection, it is at least a proof that he likes the opposite sex to those who say no.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:27   Link #26504
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
Kanzaki has the merit of having been the only girl (we know) that could make Touma have an erection, it is at least a proof that he likes the opposite sex to those who say no.
No dude don't limit Da Touman he can have whoever he wants regardless of their downstairs.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:30   Link #26505
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ He can even have the boys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
But Acer-bro! He's all over Oriana and Orsola's bodies too! (*I didn't do it on purpose but "orsola's" sounds quite funny and ironic)

Also,

Quote:
“Nyah! See, it says it right here! Essentially, Santa Claus exists!!”

“You idiot. That’s a picture book!! Japan’s skies are protected by radar. If a sled was flying through the sky, it would be spotted right away!!”

“Hey, hey. Does Santa exist or not?”

“I make a point of not discussing religion, baseball, politics, or what the best ramen shop in Japan is.”

“Is it true there’s a miniskirt Santa?”

“Eh? There’s a bearded old man wearing a miniskirt?”
Kamachi, that's not how you destroy a kid's dream!
Old 2013-05-14, 13:34   Link #26506
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
Seriously, stop trying to blame this on him. Even I feel embarrassed watching.
What I'm saying is that they both made mistakes, so it's a mutual misunderstanding. Get it?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:39   Link #26507
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ He can even have the boys.

But Acer-bro! He's all over Oriana and Orsola's bodies too! (*I didn't do it on purpose but "orsola's" sounds quite funny and ironic)

Also,

Kamachi, that's not how you destroy a kid's dream!
No, I recall a miniskirt Santa from Vol.16's prologue aka Laura Stuart.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:43   Link #26508
Acer
Death to the infidels!

and begins the saga of revenge of a man

Quote:

I referred to a specific situation where his erection was exposed to the world
Old 2013-05-14, 13:44   Link #26509
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
No, I recall a miniskirt Santa from Vol.16's prologue aka Laura Stuart.
that's not what I meant by that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
What I'm saying is that they both made mistakes, so it's a mutual misunderstanding. Get it?
Well, I have the same opinion as you about that fact, but we should postpone this here for our own safety since no one will give it up. (I have a bad feeling about this)
Wait, until the volume is fully translated, or at least continue it on the character discussion threads.
Old 2013-05-14, 14:05   Link #26510
Haigon

Still awaiting the series reach December 25 for Santa Claus arc.
Old 2013-05-14, 14:07   Link #26511
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Still awaiting the series reach December 25 for Santa Claus arc.
How The Level 0 Saved Christmas
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-05-14, 14:16   Link #26512
desrtsku
Nympholept

Kamachi already wrote some Christmas short stories that he used for A simple survey, and it was unexpectedly badass ...
Since the guy once said he doesn't smoke, I'm pretty sure it's the new Kamachi.dll's fault we get even crazier stories volumes after volumes.
Old 2013-05-14, 15:48   Link #26513
LazyHunter

Holy... Good god, Tsuchimikado can be a cruel bastard when he wants to. And Fremea is still going on about Santa Claus... Now I wonder what was that Nicholas Foundation Birdway mentioned, because I'm sure a magician could use idol theory with Santa.
Old 2013-05-14, 16:11   Link #26514
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Speak for yourself, I seriously wouldn't. I can understand why Touma would, given the situation and everything, but that doesn't mean he's blameless.

One thing I learnt from a young age is that sometimes, running makes you look guilty.
Point taken, they are both at fault. I personally believe that Mikoto deserves much more of the blame. However, we're both having a difference of opinion so let's agree to disagree and move on.

Quote:
That's audience bias. We know he's doing something but she doesn't, and it's not like every single weird thing that happens to Touma is because of some incident.

Remember Vol.16? Itsuwa saw Touma being chased and figured, hey, it must be Acqua, cause you know, Kamijou Touma, when it was just his teacher chasing him for skipping school.
At the same time, we know that Itsuwa has never been to Academy City nor had any of them except for Touma seen Acqua of the Back at the time.

The difference here is that Mikoto knows that Touma has a thing for getting involved in incidents and as such did not think of that possibility at all. She should know that every time Touma gets involved in something weird, there is an explanation.

Well, I think this is also going to be a point we will continue to disagree on so let's agree to disagree and move on with this too.

On another note
Quote:
But then the intellectual girl (with glasses) found a book that mentioned that NORAD, famous for ballistic missile defense, used radars and satellites to track Santa Claus. This only confused the situation further.
How many years has it been since I have looked at NORAD's Santa tracker? Brings back memories.

At the same time, kids can talk for long periods of time on the weirdest things, huh?
I was reading this on the subway on the way home and I broke out into laughter and people gave me some weird looks.

Maybe these kids will eventually find out about and investigate the Nicholas Foundation...I smell a Christmas special plot in the making.
Old 2013-05-14, 16:22   Link #26515
Haigon

Will Touma destroy Santa's illusions?
Old 2013-05-14, 16:24   Link #26516
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Will Touma destroy Santa's illusions?
I think it's more likely that he will destroy the German Black Santa's illusions.

Why would anyone want to destroy Santa's illusions? The consequences would be...
Old 2013-05-14, 16:25   Link #26517
Sumeragi
Banned

My guess is that Santa is a miracle that not even Imagine Breaker can touch. We've already seen an example of this.
Old 2013-05-14, 17:26   Link #26518
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
*snip*
While you got some things off your chest, I might want to take note on some things (I needed that too, but I'll control myself ), some worthless cents from me (read: WORTHLESS CENTS DAMN IT! DON'T TAKE ME SO SERIOUSLY!):

While she's exposed to a lot more than the average student in School Garden have ever been in, a good number of the incidents were kinda like, she just happened to be there because... Touma. ... Before I start picking, I need help on terms... I forgot what RSPK is.

At least in Level Upper and Sisters (and others I have poor memory of) she is mostly aware of what is actually going on, but for the rest... I'd say insufficient situational awareness. While she does everything in her power to help, I don't really think she has much idea of what is really happening in the big picture (like in Volume 12/13, she helped to keep the Hound Dogs off Touma and Index because one was going to fend Vento off while the other was going to rescue Last Order, with both of them setting goals to save Kazakiri who has turned into an Artificial Angel-like thing and is causing havoc but Mikoto doesn't know this, of course).

While the initial problem was her lack of understanding seems to stem from not having anyone to provide intel on what's really happening, I'd also say that the other half of the problem lies in her puzzling lack of resourcefulness to get that info. She had her chances where she should, but didn't expend it.

We all know how her interaction goes when Touma comes into screen, but I don't really want to blame this... but considering how a lot of stuff that happens somehow tend to revolve around Touma in a way or another, I can't hold back from doing that much.

For this volume, we are however presented with Misaki being the more helpful one, but I can't really take her actions for granted yet for the time being (Backstabbing in Index happens at times you'll least expect it to, mind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
But anyway, you guys might have misunderstood what's really going on in the thread (or maybe it was me), no recurrent AS member that post here is seriously shipping anyone with anyone. They're just having fun with what's going around Touma.
Some people might do it seriously, but if you say "having fun with what's going around Touma," then I admit I am part of them

Really, I can have fun shipping Touma with anyone, even with characters not from his series, as long as I find that idea amusing to laugh at. And I bet there're people crazier than me in this regard

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-05-14, 17:48   Link #26519
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Ohhhh boy, that's one connection I didn't expect. Spoilers or no spoilers, all hell is about to break loose. Meanwhile, Fremea is still obnoxious.

Touma doesn't need to destroy Santa's illusions, parents do that just fine on their own
Old 2013-05-14, 17:54   Link #26520
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Holy... Good god, Tsuchimikado can be a cruel bastard when he wants to. And Fremea is still going on about Santa Claus... Now I wonder what was that Nicholas Foundation Birdway mentioned, because I'm sure a magician could use idol theory with Santa.
OK. But what about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
How The Level 0 Saved Christmas
The Level 5 Grinch called Accelerator saved Christmas.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen