AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-05, 03:48   Link #1
Athanor

Peter Pan no Boken

Yeah as you might have notified Peter Pan no Boken 01 is released:

This new (but old) anime Kick ass. As the name says it's about the adventure of Peter Pan.

A little picture here to show you the global design:

Frankly this is the best adaptation of Peter Pan i've seen, the Hook captain is really well done (nice dub and all), the global story is really fun, original but yet don't screw the book too much. (at least the first arc, second arc is that one got nothing to do with the original book).

Thanks a lot to C1Anime for subbing that show ^___^x

Only default of that anime is the lips design of Peter Pan and Hook Captain.

Appart that i love everything, cool musics, really nice dubs. Nana is so funny.

Anyway guys be sure to leech it. I know it's an old show, so don't come with "animation is bad, blablabla".

Spoiler:

I hope you'll all like it, and again be sure to check at least the first episode.

Last edited by Athanor; 2006-05-05 at 10:00.
Athanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 05:07   Link #2
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

This would've been perfect along side the Robin Hood anime. *Eyes at Shi-fa*
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 06:33   Link #3
Ialdaboth

Great ! Nakamura's Peter Pan is one of the best version around of the original novel by James Matthew Barrie. Thanks a lot, C1anime !
Old 2006-05-05, 08:46   Link #4
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Here's an intresting fact for all those concerned, Did you know that Hook has an alis in Doctor Eggman of the sonic games?
Indeed, the Japanese voice actor for Hook is the same as Eggman and is also the same for the Disney equilvant (and also in Kingdom Hearts).

Wendy, funnily enough, is also Akane Tendou.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 10:05   Link #5
ser2703

Isn't this licensed though? I think this aired in English by Saban all over europe. English dubbed that is.
ser2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 10:09   Link #6
EmptySoul
C1Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser2703
Isn't this licensed though? I think this aired in English by Saban all over europe. English dubbed that is.

It might be licensed in Europe, I'm also pretty sure it's licensed in Israel still. It was never brought to the US though, as far as I know at least. And its listed as unlicensed. =)
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 10:26   Link #7
Ialdaboth

Yes, it was licensed by Saban IIRC. It was aired at least twice on French TV at the beginning of the 90s, and there are some old VHS still floating around, but alas no DVD.
Old 2006-05-05, 10:37   Link #8
Athanor

/me is happy to have the japanese dvds XD
Old 2006-05-05, 11:08   Link #9
mokenju

It was aired in Spain long time ago, too. Nice adaptation .
mokenju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 12:05   Link #10
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Mmm... Another walk to the hall of memories.

Peter Pan no Bouken did also air in México approximately two years later after its original broadcast in Japan.

The only possible timeslot for me to concur was 1991-1992 before I turned to middle school and prior to the Mexican anime boom (1993-1998).

Glad that someone brought on topic the licensing of the Peter Pan anime. When the anime aired for the first time in México it did not feature the traditional OP and ED music animation sequence. Rather it displayed a montage of clips for each of the characters with English titles rolling in the credits.
Just as Ialdaboth confirmed, Saban IIRC licensed the anime at that time. Or it could be that was acting as a middleman to sell the distribution rights to other countries.

Whatever, I do have pleasurable memoirs from that series.
Spoiler:

For the second arc.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 12:36   Link #11
Ialdaboth

Thanks Guido for the tons of information you provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanor
/me is happy to have the japanese dvds XD
Lucky you ^^
As the japanese Z2 are not that expensive compared with other anime series, I'm thinking doing like you now

Just finished watching episode 1, it was great. It brings bad old memories, and made me want to rewatch Takarajima all the more.
Old 2006-05-05, 12:37   Link #12
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

You'll grow to love even more this anime adaptation of Peter Pan upon reading that Takashi Nakamura did the character designs.

He was the chief animator for Akira.
Old 2006-05-05, 12:57   Link #13
b00h_

Can't believe it's being fansubbed! I remember myself growing up on this series in the 90's.

I really loved it as a kid, so I'm going to re-watch it as it's subbed, this time, with Japanese dub. You should all give it a try, as said before, this is the best adaptation of the Peter Pan series.
b00h_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 15:39   Link #14
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I've never seen this before, but the first ep was absolutely wonderful. It seems like a pretty accurate adaptation too. Sadly it's the kind of show they don't seem to make any more, which is a crying shame. I'll look forward to C1Anime's releases of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
You'll grow to love even more this anime adaptation of Peter Pan upon reading that Takashi Nakamura did the character designs.

He was the chief animator for Akira.
And the creator/director of Fantastic Children and Tree of Palme. Nakamura is also a Ghibli veteran, which shows in the superb characters. Some of his work (Tree of Palme especially) lapses into inpenetrable wierdness, but hopefully that won't happen with Peter Pan.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 01:59   Link #15
EmptySoul
C1Anime

We're really happy that so many of you liked this show as kids and are happy to see it again or even for the first time. =) Thanks for all the support!
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 14:52   Link #16
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Episode two was great fun, especially the flying sequences over London. Wendy, John and Michael learning to fly was also wondefully animated.

I really like the pacing of this show; it's taking it's time to tell the classic story as accurate as possible (or as accurate as I remember it).
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 03:59   Link #17
EricMontreal22

Sounds good although the second story arch sounds SOO out fo character with the themes and feel of the original piece that it seems surreal--but I;'ve not seen it

This wasn't part of the World Masterpiece series that Anne of Green Gable setc were was it?

E
EricMontreal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 08:35   Link #18
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Sadly it's the kind of show they don't seem to make any more, which is a crying shame.
why not? it's just that these shows usualy don't get subbed, but they do exist. last year's Snow Queen for example, you can also includ the wonderful Princess Tutu, and Ashita no Nadja.
and what about Fantastic Children..? it is for a little older crowd but still.

and yes peter pan did run in israel. ^^
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 09:27   Link #19
Athanor

I love that show so much. Sure the second arc isn't near the book story at all but it's fun anyway, and pretty original XD

Anyway serious thing will start in next episode be ready for amazing episode XD
Old 2006-05-22, 10:08   Link #20
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I only recall the titles for the first two episodes.

1. Who is Peter Pan?
2. Can we fly?

As I see, the Saban dub changed most if not all the titles for each of the episodes.

Anyways, I'm picking up Peter Pan no Boken because there are some episodes that I missed the first time that aired fifteen years ago in my country.

I do recall missing about five or six episodes that finish the first arc.