AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2017-03-12, 15:21   Link #21
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

pretty suprised I'm not seeing alot of Hero Academia S2 in here.

for me
Hero Academia S2
DanMachi Sword Oratoria
YuGiOh Vrains
Attack on Titan S2
Boruto
Shuumatsu
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 03:03   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Holy Mackerel, this spring is almost as loaded as last year's. I'm counting almost 20 series that strikes my fancy, including probably this year's most anticipated sequel, Attack on Titan. That said, I personally have been dying of waiting for Saekano since it's delay from last year, and having The Eccentric Family airing this cour was a surprise (this being what made me notice Ayaneru pretty much tops this over the other sequels). In any case, all three featuring childhood friends pretty much means I'll be following them no matter what.

Now for new shows, the show that stands out the most for me is for sure Sakurada Reset. Not only it has been confirmed for 2 cours, but with the source actually done, it's been speculated that it will adapt the entire story. On top of HanaKana voicing the female lead, it would be tough to overcome this in terms of my personal hype. (Interesting too that Tsuki ga Kirei seems to have the same vibe as this)

Other Stuff I'm looking forward to
Eromanga Sensei - sure it's the author of Oreimo, but I personally liked how he dealt with Manami. The first few volumes of that were no joke as I loved how he portrayed the Mc's relationship with Manami, and I didn't mind Imouto either (in fact I loved how they were at each other's throats). Here imouto is non-blood related, so I have no reason to dislike her. XD

Fukumenkei Noise - Just so sad MC is voiced by Hayamin, but of all the VAs that's typcasted as osananajimi, she's probably the best musically. If imagining it as Fuuka redux, maybe it's more palatable?

Sukasuka - Probably the one anime I'm dying to see the trailer of. I'm rather a big fan of Satelight, but I honestly didn't feel it with Nanbaka. The pedigree of the source is immense, so I hope Satelight lives up to it.

Re:creators - uhh, the other Sawano Hiroyuki anime (fell in love with the theme song just from the trailer). If this is as entertaining as Aldnoah Zero (which this seems to have a lot of the staff), I really don't care if it's a trainwreck.

Renai Boukun - I've actually read a few 'cupid joins the harem' type of stories, but this one stands out because of yandere

Sakura Quest - well, they got me with Shirobako, maybe they'll do the same with this one? Just worried that PA Works is also airing Uchuoten Kazoku at the same time, and I don't think they ever did concurrent anime series

Seikaisuru Kodo - Alien political invasion as a premise is very unique, if I must say. I just hope I can get over the CG XD

Battle Action Harem (They're back?)
Tsugumomo - reminds me a lot of Omamori Himari, with a certain object that's long been in possession of the MC suddenly turns to a girl protecting him. Sadly also the only harem with childhood friend... this is a travesty!

Akashic Records - Hmm, what looks to be an incompetent teacher taking over a class, but that guy is really a genius. Sky Wizards anyone?

Armed Girl's Machiavellianism - I'm trying to see anything of depth here, but all I see is just a school battle manga within what used to be an all-girls school. I wonder if there's some sort of twist, as this is as straightforward as it goes

Other noteworthy Fantasy LN Series
Mahou no Sho - The other Zero kara Hajimeru anime lol. I've been told this has a lot of social commentary, so

Sword Oratoria - spinoff! I actually like Aiz a fair bit better than Hestia (of course can't compete with Freya), but I'm not sure if this will have much of her relationship with Bell

Clockwork Planet - See with Sukasuka around, this having a very similar premise (far future post-apocalyptic world), I'm not sure if this will catch on

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-15, 20:40   Link #23
Alf

Actually there are a few more interested, but try to limit the list.

Sakura Quest 4/5(Wed) - See what will PA works add to their Shirobako formula, and also rural japan topic. And it's not weekend.
Clockwork Planet 4/6(Thu) - Have been following the manga on magazine for a while, but the character design is somewhat worrying.
Saekano Flat 4/13(Thu) - Saekano needs a second season to be complete. Or may I say, it is probably better to regard these two seasons as one.
Seikaisuru Kado 4/7(Fri) - This puzzle starting from the title sounds interesting.
Gin no Hakamamori 4/1(Sat) - Not expecting much, just to keep an eye on how China titles grow.
Eromanga Sensei 4/8(Sat) - Illustrator and editor of LN as siblings might be interesting.
Atom The Beginning 4/15(Sat) - Nostalgia. Also heard the manga is good.
Re:Creators ?/?(?) - This looks interesting as it seems to have something about the relationship between authors and characters.

3 on Saturday night = watch on Sunday and weekdays, but one or two might get dropped. May pick up some other shows later.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 06:22   Link #24
LAboy 456
Portuguese Anime Fan

Here are the series I'll watch for sure:

- Beyblade Burst God
- Boku no Hero Academia (2nd season)
- Love Kome: We Love Rice
- Tsugumomo

And the ones I'll take a look at - not knowing if I'll watch them for sure:

- Eromanga-sensei
- Kabukibu!
- Shingeki no Kyojin (2nd season)

Last edited by LAboy 456; 2017-03-19 at 13:22.
LAboy 456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 12:40   Link #25
Dextro
He Without a Title

So its that time of the year again so let's get to it, shall we?

Interesting season this, lots of sequels (to losts stuff I didn't watch mostly), quite a few anime originals and even some scifi thrown in.

Must Watch
  • Attack on Titan Season 2 - I've been waiting for this one for quite some time now. Really eager to see where the story goes.
  • Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou/ - The original show was an unforgettable ride so I'll more than welcome this prequel to it (along with the upcoming sequel as well).
  • Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry - It'll have to do to help the withdrawal symptoms ever since the TV adaptation stopped (again). Looking forward to watching Natsu and the gang again.

High Expectations
  • Sakura Quest - If P.A.Works can manage to recapture the same magic they were able to bring to Shirobako I'll be a very happy camper. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though since I still remember Glasslip and apparently they are tackling two shows in the same season. I don't seem to remember them doing that before.
  • Blame! - I would rather have a conclusion to Knights of Sidonia but having a different Nihei adaptation by Polygon works just fine for now.

Will check out
  • ID-0 - Add spaceships and mecha and you've got my attention.
  • Tsuki ga Kirei - The premise sounds interesting but I'm not sure what to expect so I'll pick up a couple of episodes and see where it goes from there.
  • Re:Creators - I've got a feeling that this might be one of the most popular shows of the season so I'll take a look but I'm still not sure if it's for me or not.

Overall not a bad season and I don't think I'll be overwhelmed like I was in the current one so that's good. Also a lot of movies much to my dismay. Better quality, yes, but also a much longer wait.

Also Yamato 2202 should start showing up eventually and I'm very much hyped for that after 2199 was the best space show I've seen in years.
Old 2017-03-28, 21:39   Link #26
nicky.
animesuki

Clockwork Planet has an interesting cover art.
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-31, 11:19   Link #27
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Will watch
Shingeki no Bahamut s2
Boku no Hero Academia s2
Attack on Titan s2
Tsuki ga kirei
Zero kara hajimeru mahou no sho
Re:Creator

Probably watch
Uchoten Kazoku 2
Berserk 2
Clockwork Planet
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 11:02   Link #28
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

The only one I'm interested in is Boku no Hero season 2 and Saekno season 2 and Fairy Tail Dragon Cry, let's see if Hiro can make up for the crap that's going on in his manga LOL.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 17:32   Link #29
nicky.
animesuki

Am I the only one who watches every episode 1-2 of the entire season and then drops accordingly?
I never know what something will be until I try, so I just say: "i'll give it a fair shot."
Old 2017-04-03, 22:59   Link #30
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky. View Post
Am I the only one who watches every episode 1-2 of the entire season and then drops accordingly?
I never know what something will be until I try, so I just say: "i'll give it a fair shot."
maybe. most people i know don't have time to watch that many shows (and yes, that also includes watching 1 ep of every show in the season)
Also there are some series where you just take a look and you know you won't like it. It's better to go with your intuition there if you don't have that much time.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 14:53   Link #31
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Below I've listed my winner titles for this Spring 2017 anime season.

Fresh Pickups
  1. Busou Shoujo Machiavellism
  2. Eromanga sensei

Favorite Sequels
  1. Berserk (2017)
  2. Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darouka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria
  3. Kyoukai no Rinne Season 3
  4. Shingeki no Kyoujin Season 2

Indecisive on which ones to watch and which ones to skip
  1. Clockwork Planet (Dropped)
  2. Re:CREATORS (Winner)
  3. Roku de Nashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records (Winner)
  4. Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasuka? Isogashii Desuka? Sukutte Moratte Ii Desuka? (Dropped)

Last edited by Guido; 2017-04-16 at 16:13.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 17:16   Link #32
nicky.
animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Below I've listed my winner titles for this Spring 2017 anime season.

Fresh Pickups
  1. Busou Shoujo Machiavellism
  2. Eromanga sensei

Favorite Sequels
  1. Berserk (2017)
  2. Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darouka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria
  3. Kyoukai no Rinne Season 3
  4. Shingeki no Kyoujin Season 2

Indecisive on which ones to watch and which ones to skip
  1. Clockwork Planet (Dropped)
  2. Re:CREATORS (Winner)
  3. Roku de Nashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records (Winner)
  4. Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasuka? Isogashii Desuka? Sukutte Moratte Ii Desuka? (Dropped)
Nice choices on the drops. Shuumatsu anime is really bad; it was so easy to tell from the first episode.
Re:creators is shaping up to be the best of the non-sequel this season.
I didn't see the value in Eromanga sensei though; so I've dropped it.
Old 2017-04-16, 23:56   Link #33
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky. View Post
Nice choices on the drops. Shuumatsu anime is really bad; it was so easy to tell from the first episode.
No it's not, but eh... senstivities, yours included widely differ