AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-12, 15:36   Link #1421
mochichan

Pretty much. Especially since we have all 9 on the official cover art and usually the main characters don't die. Just the supports so the senbatsu, the 76th trainees and mariko definitely have higher chances.

I got a feeling if anyone die..it would be Yuko just to motivate Nagisa, who want to be like her...Unless Kawamori killed off Acchan which might explain the reason why she's MIA and then that would be it.

anyway~

..omg Chieri~ so kewt <3

mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 15:49   Link #1422
chaosprophet

This story focus so far is on the 9 girls from the 75th and 77th understudies generations and their path to become successors. Considering that, I don't think we are going to see any of them dying, at least not at this point. Maybe later when them all already are successors and in a big fight against the DES.

While I think there are bigger chances for one of the current active successors to die, the situation with Takamina doesn't seems a good one imo. If the focus of the story now is the understudies developing themselves to becoming successors, Takamina death would outshine Kanata's promotion.

If any of the girls are dying so her name would be free for someone else, I believe it would be a situation where they die first, and only after some time after the girl death that another girl would become suited for that name and succeed the girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
but then wouldn't all 8 AKB0048 members have to leave or die for the trainees to succeed them? That's kinda too much.
Like Kazu-kun said, there are many possible names for the girls to succeed besides the 8 ones we are sure someone have right now. At least 16 different names have been mentioned through the episodes so far. And we don't know how many exists in the story universe, it may go as far as every girl that even been part of AKB48, they may even want to create a name or two (we don't know when the earth was destroyed, so at the time many new members could have joined before the end).

And while all the 8 girls are from the most popular AKB girls, looking at the senbatsu results through the years, there seems to be many others names popular besides that 8 that may be free for the 75th and 77th girls to succed. For example:
Spoiler for list:
Old 2012-06-12, 15:57   Link #1423
Mukyuchan
Observer

Oh gawd this episode give me heart attack ... takamina death flag noooo!!! so early takamina so early D:
but i think kawamori may not kill them err in certain way .. because i remembered he says " i didn't want to kill many main character because killing somebody to hype up the story is too easy,so i tried to avoid that route"
and guys is this timeline for this anime ?
Spoiler for Timeline:
Mukyuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 16:06   Link #1424
maximilianjenus
[E]

that image is nice.

but everybody, take it easy, takamina is not going to die she will just "graduate"
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 16:14   Link #1425
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
But I want them all to die amazing deaths
How about you do that instead.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 16:30   Link #1426
Kazu-kun

I just realized Chieri's braid ends up forming an odango. That's just too cute!!! Whoever did her character design really put some effort into it:

Old 2012-06-12, 16:49   Link #1427
Random Wanderer

Twintails, braids, odango, flower in hair, and waist-length free-flowing hair simultaneously! Well, maybe those things in front don't count as twintails, but still. Her hair is amazing! So many different styles at once, and so long! I want to cuddle it.

...What?
Old 2012-06-12, 16:54   Link #1428
Kazu-kun

You forgot the high ponytail. Well, she only uses it during practice but still she looks great in it.

I agree her hair is amazing!!!!!
Old 2012-06-12, 20:15   Link #1429
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Personally I find many of the characters' hair the most unimpressive and unnatural part of their models. None of them have hair that looks like it's made up of individual strands. Their hair has bothered me since episode one.

It's not the hearts that bother me; it's that "helmet" look where the hair sits like an immovable blob on the tops of their heads. Orine's might be the worst of the bunch.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 23:11   Link #1430
Random Wanderer

But Orine's hair looks so fluffy! I'd cuddle it too.

Really, animating hair can eat into the budget, and given their descent into CG for the dance scenes I'm not sure they have much of one to begin with. So instead they just went with making the hair look unique.
Old 2012-06-13, 08:52   Link #1431
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post

Really, animating hair can eat into the budget, and given their descent into CG for the dance scenes I'm not sure they have much of one to begin with. So instead they just went with making the hair look unique.
Again, the studio wanted to make the characters far more distinct and recognizable than others in this season, as well as providing contrast against the near-hostile environment/universe they live in (emphasizing the cute vs. grim).

OBTW, it's Kumi Yagami's -- yep, it's Sonata! -- birthday tonight.
Old 2012-06-13, 09:09   Link #1432
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Twintails, braids, odango, flower in hair, and waist-length free-flowing hair simultaneously! Well, maybe those things in front don't count as twintails, but still. Her hair is amazing! So many different styles at once, and so long! I want to cuddle it.

...What?

I want to her hair too
Old 2012-06-13, 09:26   Link #1433
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just a warning to those not expecting deaths (particularly in the 75th/77th gen)... this IS Kawamori we're talking about. I say, expect the unexpected, considering Kawamori's tendencies to kill off seemingly important characters at his whim. Add on Okada's penchant for 'oscar-bait drama', better brace yourself for the worst when the biggest source of drama would be killing off one of the main cast.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 09:35   Link #1434
mochichan

^
..........honestly if anyone with a high death rate in the main cast, it's Makoto..

Quote:

I just kinda thought they want to make the dance scene more dynamic since it's easier to use rotating camera for CG rather than do it with animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I just realized Chieri's braid ends up forming an odango. That's just too cute!!! Whoever did her character design really put some effort into it:

LOL I actually dislike it now that I see there's a bun right there. It's kinda awkward looking to have a ball of hair like right there. Maybe I would like it better if it's on top of her head or something.

Also since they put more effort into her hair..it give a feel that she's practically the main character lol.
Old 2012-06-13, 11:32   Link #1435
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Just a warning to those not expecting deaths (particularly in the 75th/77th gen)... this IS Kawamori we're talking about. I say, expect the unexpected, considering Kawamori's tendencies to kill off seemingly important characters at his whim. Add on Okada's penchant for 'oscar-bait drama', better brace yourself for the worst when the biggest source of drama would be killing off one of the main cast.
Ia m expecting someone to be "killed off" just to return as the new mayuyu, it's obvious who.

Last edited by maximilianjenus; 2012-06-13 at 11:32. Reason: mayuyu
Old 2012-06-13, 12:20   Link #1436
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but am I the only one who thinks that the succession system is retarded? You try so hard to realize your dream of becoming an idol but in the end you're just a copy of someone else.

Anyway if they really kill someone off then this show will instantly be one of my new favourites. (although she's one of my favourite characters ;____________; ) Then again they main cast is crying pretty hard in the OP so it won't hurt to be prepared ;A;
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 13:01   Link #1437
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Anyway if they really kill someone off then this show will instantly be one of my new favourites.
Whereas I will drop the show immediately if they start killing my girls.

Quote:
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but am I the only one who thinks that the succession system is retarded? You try so hard to realize your dream of becoming an idol but in the end you're just a copy of someone else.
This is one of the things I've been trying to tell people about how the idols in this universe are different from idols in real life. Their goal isn't to achieve personal fame. The very nature of the succession system prevents it. It's why rivalries among the girls don't make sense: they aren't known as themselves, they're known as a replacement for a different girl entirely. These girls are not idols as we know the term. They're revolutionaries. They cannot have the same goals as real world idols, because those goals simply do not make sense in their world.
Old 2012-06-13, 17:15   Link #1438
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post

Kinda. But rather than becoming a different person, I think the idols these girls are dreaming of succeeding have some similar quality with them.
Like Mimori have the same air head and sexiness as Nyan Nyan and the original Kojima Haruna.
Kanata have the same leadership quality as Takamina and as the original Takahashi Minami.
Tomochin have no sense of taste just like Itano Tomomi, I don't think you can fake that tho..... but her family is pretty intense in their practice

There's really not much changes beside carrying on their name since the Kirara chose the girls who personalities match the original member the most, not some random girl that's completely opposite. I don't think you can force a girly girl into someone like Sayaka or Sae who's known for being tomboyish and mature. I don't see it as taking away their identity since it's mostly just name change.
---------

http://festa.hangame.co.jp/shop2012/akb0048.nhn

BTW apparently the PURE social game website let you have a virtual handshake event with the 77th gen member. All you need is to sign up to the game lol. Cute lol.
Old 2012-06-13, 17:54   Link #1439
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
LOL I actually dislike it now that I see there's a bun right there.
If it makes you feel better, sometimes the animators forget to draw her odango.
Old 2012-06-13, 20:03   Link #1440
Raiga
tl;dr

They also forgot the "To Linda" message on the can this week. I was sad.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime