AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-04-28, 21:22   Link #221
GDB

Are we sure this isn't a Trump Bot? I feel like he isn't normally that... grammatically correct.
Old 2017-04-28, 21:48   Link #222
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

they need to take his damn phone away...
Old 2017-04-28, 22:26   Link #223
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
they need to take his damn phone away...
He needs to be isolated from the internet, you should say.

I can only wish the US presidency has as many strict protocols as members of the British Royal Family have to follow. That would spare us a lot of this crap coming from Drumpf.
Old 2017-04-29, 01:14   Link #224
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
He needs to be isolated from the internet, you should say.
He'd still have TV. What they need to do is take over Fox' studios and give him his various briefings in talk show form.
Old 2017-04-29, 08:35   Link #225
Honoakari
Lurking Member

One of the many reasons why President Trump is loved by his fans is exactly because he uses Twitter. Why use the leftist mainstream media when he can speak directly to the fans?

Isn't it better this way? To hear the President's opinions directly from the man himself? The President was elected by the people to work for the people. So IMO it's only fair that the people should know what the President thinks about various matters concerning his country.

Not to mention that Mr. Trump, President or not, has the right to free speech, just like every other American citizen.

Sadly, the idea of free speech is not well-liked by the leftists/globalists. By implying that Trump's speech should be restricted, Trump haters are showing their true colors...
Old 2017-04-29, 10:43   Link #226
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoakari View Post
Sadly, the idea of free speech is not well-liked by the leftists/globalists. By implying that Trump's speech should be restricted, Trump haters are showing their true colors...
Get off your high horse. Free speech is only free so long as it doesn't negatively impact other people. A single tweet from him can, and has, done damage to other people. How many stocks has he caused to plummet by talking about them? How many people will die because he starts tensions with another country? How many have died because he stirred up anti-Muslim rhetoric?

It's not really that different from not being allowed to shout FIRE in a crowded area, say you have an explosive on a plane, or any number of other things.
Old 2017-04-29, 10:51   Link #227
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I just love how the word "Tweet" is a genuine terminology used in serious political discourse these days...
Old 2017-04-29, 11:01   Link #228
Key Board
Carbon

well..cable news is dying and social media is replacing it
well maybe not dying yet, but losing influence
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2017-04-29, 11:02   Link #229
Honoakari
Lurking Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB
How many have died because he stirred up anti-Muslim rhetoric?
To be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about... Who has died and where?
Old 2017-04-29, 11:09   Link #230
GDB

Quote:
To be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about... Who has died and where?
Well there was that Canadian who shot up a Mosque, killing 6, and was an ardent Trump supporter. Then there was that guy in Kansas who shot up a bar because he thought they were Iranian, even though it turned out they were Indian. 1 dead and 2 wounded there.

And that's just off the top of my head.
Old 2017-04-29, 11:31   Link #231
Honoakari
Lurking Member

You'll find crazy people in any society, sadly. However, Trump bears no responsability for those events. It's not his fault that some people are crazy, and IMO that's definitely not an argument against him tweeting.

'Some guy somewhere killed dozens... He liked playing video games a lot. Therefore, we should ban video games.' <- It's the same kind of faulty argument.
Old 2017-04-29, 11:32   Link #232
Valky
Radioactive

Funny you say free speech when Trump is the one that is threatening to change the libel laws. It's not impossible but I'm sure it's difficult to change the first amendment. Which probably Trump doesn't know, he basically know nothing anyway.
Old 2017-04-29, 11:52   Link #233
Honoakari
Lurking Member

Nowadays, as far as I know, it is the left that is all about limiting free speech, and this is done via hate speech laws and radical political corectness. You can see this in certain European countries where people are being arrested simply for voicing their concerns about immigration and open borders...

One of the reasons why I really like Trump is the fact that he opposes this ideology. And because of this, I believe the First Amendment is safe with him as President.
Old 2017-04-29, 12:15   Link #234
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Apparently, some people seem to forget that "free speech" flows in two directions and are surprised when they get pushback for their views.
Old 2017-04-29, 13:00   Link #235
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
One of the reasons why I really like Trump is the fact that he opposes this ideology. And because of this, I believe the First Amendment is safe with him as President.
Attitudes about free speech have nothing to do with positions on the left/right dimension. That's a canard thrown out by the right. The most consistent defender of free speech rights in the US is the American Civil Liberties Union, often attacked by right-wingers because the organization supports the rights of Communists and protestors. Those same critics conveniently overlook the fact that the ACLU has also defended the free-speech rights of groups like American Nazis. Here, for instance, is an ACLU blog post arguing against a recent court ruling that Trump was guilty of "incitement" at the Louisville rally in March, 2016.

I want Trump to stop tweeting because policy-making cannot be fit into 140 characters, and anything the President says has important implications both domestically and internationally. Retweeting some garbage he saw on Fox and Friends is no way to run a government. Obama understood that he had to be measured and careful whenever he spoke in public because the office of President demanded it. Trump cannot stop himself from running off at the mouth about every little perceived slight. It's an extremely dangerous behavior by someone without self-control.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2017-04-29 at 13:20.
Old 2017-04-29, 13:28   Link #236
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Apparently, some people seem to forget that "free speech" flows in two directions and are surprised when they get pushback for their views.
UC Berkley has been in the spotlight recently for getting accused of denying free speech to Conservatives. And it might not be the campus doing the denying, but the locals making it basically impossible for the speakers to speak without being verbally or physically abused before they even arrive on the platform to speak. As least one native conservative has been defiant of the local liberals and is staying in the town because it is his home, and won't be "bullied" into leaving due to his politics being against the local liberalness of Berkley's college campus.

The irony being that that college is credited for starting the "free speech movement", is being accused of denying free speech.
Old 2017-04-29, 14:02   Link #237
IceHism

Remember guys, speech is only free if it agrees with my worldview.
Old 2017-04-29, 14:09   Link #238
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Indeed. That is certainly one of the very reason entertainment TV such as Sean Hannity, Oreily, Alex Jones thrive. People subscribing to those channels feel their views are being toned out and places like California seems to be proving it. Four more years of Trump appears more and more certain these days.

Btw, is that really him and not just his face superimposed on someone else's body?

Last edited by monir; 2017-04-29 at 14:19.
Old 2017-04-29, 16:13   Link #239
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
UC Berkley has been in the spotlight recently for getting accused of denying free speech to Conservatives. And it might not be the campus doing the denying, but the locals making it basically impossible for the speakers to speak without being verbally or physically abused before they even arrive on the platform to speak. As least one native conservative has been defiant of the local liberals and is staying in the town because it is his home, and won't be "bullied" into leaving due to his politics being against the local liberalness of Berkley's college campus.

The irony being that that college is credited for starting the "free speech movement", is being accused of denying free speech.
Besides, if being a douchebag got you banned from the internet, then

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2017-04-29, 16:29   Link #240
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Btw, is that really him and not just his face superimposed on someone else's body?

I'm tempted to quote Jim Schoenfeld in order to call out Trump's lack of shape there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Schoenfeld (May 6, 1988)
You fat pig! Have another donut! Have another donut!
Closed Thread