AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-01, 16:02   Link #1
ShinRaKurisu

Full Metal Alchemist coming to US soon

At Otakon 2004 they were handing out cards like postcards with artwork from FMA on them. On the back of each of the 30 cards they read Full Metal Alchemist coming to Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. Expect to see the first airing in November 2004 and the Vol 1 DVD January 18, 2005.

Sorry if this has already been stated but just wanted to give the heads up ^-^

::EDIT:: Also at the Funimation booth in thge dealers room they ran the 1st opening on a screen and I heard the english voice for Alphonse Elric. I believe that many of you will think that the voice actor fits the part.
Old 2004-08-03, 17:27   Link #2
crazyXsunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRaKurisu
::EDIT:: Also at the Funimation booth in thge dealers room they ran the 1st opening on a screen and I heard the english voice for Alphonse Elric. I believe that many of you will think that the voice actor fits the part.
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! al's voice is sooo cute. it will rock. specially cuz they keep the opening
Old 2004-08-03, 19:37   Link #3
wolfi_1412
kid(%)

hey, does anyone know if it's going to air in Canada?
Old 2004-08-03, 20:09   Link #4
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfi_1412
hey, does anyone know if it's going to air in Canada?
Not yet...

http://www.teletoon.ca

Vist the 'Talk' section and suggest the show for their upcoming fall line up. I do this daily...
Old 2004-08-03, 20:26   Link #5
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Anime airiing on Teletoon is looking less and less likely unless they totally take us by surprise, but keep using the Suggest-A-Show! It's the best way to get the message through them quickly and clearly.

I guess FMA is a possibility for YTV, but... it would be such a huge contrast to the station and just about everything they've ever aired. I mean, they could easily air it uncut with a 14+ and everything, but the subject matter just doesn't seem like something that would fit on YTV. Sure, they used to air the Oddities and Aeon Flux at midnight, but that was a long time ago. And I just can't picture them advertising FMA in the same fashion as their other shows... it just wouldn't work.

Of course, I can see Square-Enix and FUNi pushing FMA harder than any property they've had before, so I think the odds of SOMEBODY airing it in Canada by next year are fairly good.
Old 2004-08-03, 22:45   Link #6
Kyuumu
Wind Scar Alchemist

Location: I live in Canada but I real home is in my head where all my creations come to life!Mwaha!
Send a message via MSN to Kyuumu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge
Anime airiing on Teletoon is looking less and less likely unless they totally take us by surprise, but keep using the Suggest-A-Show! It's the best way to get the message through them quickly and clearly.

I guess FMA is a possibility for YTV, but... it would be such a huge contrast to the station and just about everything they've ever aired. I mean, they could easily air it uncut with a 14+ and everything, but the subject matter just doesn't seem like something that would fit on YTV. Sure, they used to air the Oddities and Aeon Flux at midnight, but that was a long time ago. And I just can't picture them advertising FMA in the same fashion as their other shows... it just wouldn't work.

Of course, I can see Square-Enix and FUNi pushing FMA harder than any property they've had before, so I think the odds of SOMEBODY airing it in Canada by next year are fairly good.
Yeah, I can't remember how many times now I have written to them...naturaly I get those annoying pre-written letters that always say the same thing, I think I should add a p.s. in there and tell them not to send me one because I have it memorized...They don't like me, they never post anything I write on the boards...Stupid YTV...but It's all us canadians have for anime...(if you can even call it that...oi...)
Old 2004-08-04, 16:34   Link #7
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

OK... don't get your hopes up quite yet, but I've just been informed that YTV MIGHT be changing their advertising style this fall.

So... maybe FMA is a possibility after all.
Old 2004-08-04, 20:40   Link #8
Kyuumu
Wind Scar Alchemist

Location: I live in Canada but I real home is in my head where all my creations come to life!Mwaha!
Quote:
OK... don't get your hopes up quite yet, but I've just been informed that YTV MIGHT be changing their advertising style this fall.

So... maybe FMA is a possibility after all.
I dunno...knowing YTV I some how doubt it. I don't get my hopes up for anything anymore...Especialy when it comes to Anime...or Anime on YTV...
Old 2004-08-04, 20:56   Link #9
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

YTV is now the top Canadian station for teens thanks mostly to Inuyasha. It took a long time, but I think the message has finally gotten through their thick, thick heads and they'll be trying a little harder to support uncut from now on.

I mean, compare them to Teletoon, who hasn't aired a single anime program in six years, (apart from Megaman NT Warrior), even though anime was one of the areas stressed in their original station initiative.
Old 2004-08-06, 19:24   Link #10
KusMoG X
暗黒モグリの錬金術師

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyXsunshine
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! al's voice is sooo cute. it will rock. specially cuz they keep the opening
Ahh! I saw the dubbed premiere of episode 1 at Otakon 2004 also (during the L'arc-en-Ciel concert, while everyone was still being seated before they actually performed) Yes, Al's voice was the best in that dub! But wth is up with the rest? Edward sounds too old and cocky! Typical American anime main hero voice. And Roze (or Rose.. whichever fansubs trans you prefer) was the most off. She sounded like she was 30! wtf Funimation wth are you doing?! They'll prolly screw up Winry (she's a mechanic so maybe they won't make her sound too girly -__-;; )... and Riza Hawkeye =( oh wells. Al's voice was perfect! Dammit they should follow that example!!

L'arc-en-Ciel wants to know:
DO YOU LIKE CRAP?!

cuz they hate crap too... lol... weirdness

~KusMoG X
Old 2004-08-09, 20:16   Link #11
Kyuumu
Wind Scar Alchemist

Quote:
YTV is now the top Canadian station for teens thanks mostly to Inuyasha. It took a long time, but I think the message has finally gotten through their thick, thick heads and they'll be trying a little harder to support uncut from now on.

I mean, compare them to Teletoon, who hasn't aired a single anime program in six years, (apart from Megaman NT Warrior), even though anime was one of the areas stressed in their original station initiative.
Yes, but to me there is a big difference between the anime made for a younger audience, like the stuff YTV airs now, and anime like InuYasha which is a bit more mature and like you said, aimed at older viewers. I don't have a lot of faith in YTV anymore...they were mean to me...and I tend to hold a grudge. Even though I still watch all the stuff they air... ...Kid anime (hey thats what I can it...) isn't the stuff I want to watch...you can get yu-gi-oh on practically any station that airs cartoons...I can think of four in Canada alone. It's the good stuff everyone wants, YTV should know that from the feedback they're getting from InuYasha fans...
Old 2004-08-09, 20:32   Link #12
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

They ARE changing because they HAVE gotten lots of feedback from Inuyasha fans. The fan response for the show has been ENORMOUS. Considering that the show debuted with no advertising whatsoever, it has performed far beyond their expectations, and YTV knows it.

If they change their look to something even remotely mature this fall (I haven't seen any images yet, but it's supposed to be totally different from what they have now), then I think that Fullmetal Alchemist will find a good home on YTV. The mature stuff is going to slowly take precedence over the kiddy stuff. Just you watch.
Old 2004-08-10, 19:21   Link #13
Kyuumu
Wind Scar Alchemist

Here's hoping! If YTV got FMA...I would run around screaming, I do that when I get that ecxited about something on YTV, like when they FINALLY air a new episode of something after months of reruns from starting the series over completely...oi. I would worship them forever!
Old 2004-08-11, 11:07   Link #14
NL|MegaMika

FMA to the US of ******* A? Don't live there so don't care. Who wants to watch dubs anyway? And they'll plobably cut all the funny parts out of it like they did with Dragonball.
Old 2004-08-11, 11:46   Link #15
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Quote:
FMA to the US of ******* A? Don't live there so don't care. Who wants to watch dubs anyway? And they'll plobably cut all the funny parts out of it like they did with Dragonball.
No, they won't. All the cuts in the first two seasons were mandated by Saban.

Besides, this is what the DVDs are for. No edits, JP audio + subs.

And you should care, since FUNimation has rights to it in the entire R1 region, which includes canada (they may have rights in more places, but I don't know.)
Closed Thread