AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-07, 23:40   Link #2401
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Shinn never would have died, he was fine. Lunamaria fixed his helmet before is cracked completely.
Shinn is better to have died. He's one stupid puppet. It would have been the best ending for Destiny.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 23:56   Link #2402
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I guess one big thing was that it became clear that it seemed like the writers didn't know WHERE they wanted SEED Destiny to go, so Shinn kept flip-flopping between "good guy" and "bad guy" as did ZAFT and Dullindal while the end was almost a copy/paste of SEED.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 23:59   Link #2403
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The thing about Gundam Seed Destiny is that many animations were from the original Gundam Seed. Characters were not as strong in likability nor hatred. I was a fan of Gundam Seed Destiny when it first started, afterwards I took a minute and saw too many flaws and similarities from its predecessor.

Gundam Seed Destiny was a decent, but not a good sequel.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 00:03   Link #2404
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The thing about Gundam Seed Destiny is that many animations were from the original Gundam Seed. Characters were not as strong in likability nor hatred. I was a fan of Gundam Seed Destiny when it first started, afterwards I took a minute and saw too many flaws and similarities from its predecessor.

Gundam Seed Destiny was a decent, but not a good sequel.
And it just felt like they tried to cover up a bit of it with "UC homages" (more like almost-total copycatting in terms of MS).

For me, I think the series started going down as early as soon after the dropping of Junius 7. Some slight positives in between, but otherwise...yeah...
Old 2013-01-08, 00:04   Link #2405
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
I guess one big thing was that it became clear that it seemed like the writers didn't know WHERE they wanted SEED Destiny to go, so Shinn kept flip-flopping between "good guy" and "bad guy" as did ZAFT and Dullindal while the end was almost a copy/paste of SEED.
Hold on there, Shin never flip-flopped between "good guy" and "bad guy." With CE, it's more about different factions in a conflict, rather than simply "good" and "bad" guy, with certain obvious exceptions.

As for flip-flopping, that distinction fits Athrun more than any other character.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 02:21   Link #2406
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post

As for flip-flopping, that distinction fits Athrun more than any other character.
The guy's confused, Athrun that is........
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 08:57   Link #2407
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Shinn is better to have died. He's one stupid puppet. It would have been the best ending for Destiny.
He was only a puppet because all that screentime that should have been spent developing him was stolen by Kira godmodeing everything with his hypocrisy. Shinn had the ground work laid out to be a great character but he was dropped halfway through for Kira time. Destiny started going bad the moment they decided Kira was to fight again as Kira "Jesus" Yamato who can do no wrong, cannot die no matter what, and is always right when he isn't.

Banpresto has already shown with SRW Z Saga and L that Shinn could have been amazing had the time actually been spent on him and not on Kira.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 09:13   Link #2408
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I love IF scenarious...not really. IF Kira just had died Shin would have been a better characters.
Doesn't make sense to me.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 13:10   Link #2409
Destined_Fate

It does, Banpresto already proved that if Kira was reduced to a support role or less Shinn would be a better character since actual development would occur. There's a reason why Shinn's VA loves the Z Shinn over the Shinn in Destiny that was pushed to the side for Kira the Hypocrite.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 14:36   Link #2410
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Which is kind of the ironic thing, even Lacus openly acknowledged the hypocrisy they were showing near the end of SEED with their "interventions".

And yeah, Shinn looked like he could've been a far better character than Kira, and Athrun (keeping his newfound self from the end of SEED) would've made a good support pillar to help guide him through more difficult times.

As for Athrun, I guess the way they had him switch sides, at least in SEED, was more believable to me since he had a personal stake in it with his father being ZAFT's current leader, so he had a personal conflict within himself of being loyal to his father and ZAFT or to do "what is right" (all point-of-view) and fight alongside Kira. SEED Destiny, however, really didn't offer anything that would warrant such swapping. It felt like the writers, again, just didn't know where they wanted it to go, so just figured that, since Athrun was liked, they could just repeat what he did before and it'd all be fine.

With Shinn, they also couldn't decide. One minute, he's all, "I'll be rebellious and do what I think is right and screw anyone who tries to stop me!", then the next, he's all, "Screw anyone who says differently from Rey or Dullindal! I HAVE to believe them like a dog!"
Old 2013-01-08, 16:04   Link #2411
Soaring Griffin

I still believe that Shinn was developed, it's just that instead of developing him into a hero they developed him into a well meaning anti-villian because of his issues, and Durandal's and Rey's manipulation.

As for Kira and company's supposed hipocrisy, they're no more hypocritical then the usually gundam leads who fight to attain peace. Sometimes that's just what it takes.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 16:16   Link #2412
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

The difference is is that at least most other Gundam protagonists knew and accepted that it was peace through war like a lot of wars throughout history.

It wasn't some ultra-idealistic view of "everyone understanding eachother" or "no more fighting" or anything like that. And if they DO take that route, they make the outcome pretty realistic like The 08th MS Team where, in the end, it started AND ended with just Shiro and Aina really going for it, with even those closest to them thinking they were a bit crazy. Or simply changing things up like earlier 00 did with them doing their interventions, but with the full intention of becoming the targets by getting the world united to fight against them rather than continuing to fight amongst themselves.
Old 2013-01-08, 16:44   Link #2413
Soaring Griffin

Quote:
The difference is is that at least most other Gundam protagonists knew and accepted that it was peace through war like a lot of wars throughout history.
How is it really different in seed's case. At the end of Seed the TSA started fighting the other factions to end the conflict and achieve peace, because if they didn't humanity would be destroyed.

Quote:
It wasn't some ultra-idealistic view of "everyone understanding eachother" or "no more fighting" or anything like that.
Correct me if I'm wrong but from the shows I've seen the main characters fight with the desire that it be the last war ever or have an "everyone understanding eachother" type ideal going on. Like in Zeta, one of the AEUG's goals was to promote humanity to move into space so they would become newtypes, thus understanding each other and ending war.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 17:01   Link #2414
Washu-Chan