AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-23, 18:40   Link #261
Traece
:cool:

The Dragonaut vibe comes from the fact that Ria is an angsty woman that partially turns into a fearsome dragon.

Which generally makes for some VERY hilarious scenes. Such as, in the city where she gets bird droppings on her, then proceeds to decimate the forestation and city in the way of her and killing Kyrie (bird droppings > love) which results in a cute and cuddly teddy bear and misfortunate Human being chase into the city while a tree falls behind Ria's calm and collected friend, which he ignores.

To be honest, I'd really rather see Kyrie x Ria than Kyrie x Morte. Just somehow Kyrie and Ria seem like a cuter couple. Maybe it's because Ria reminds me of of Tessa from FMP somehow... Maybe it's because Ria gets so embarassed the first time she tries to kill Kyrie, and thus fails to do so. I could see Ria openly admitting that she has feelings for him.
Old 2008-08-23, 19:19   Link #262
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
The Dragonaut vibe comes from the fact that Ria is an angsty woman that partially turns into a fearsome dragon.
Ri-a angsty? No, just psychotic and easy to snap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
To be honest, I'd really rather see Kyrie x Ria than Kyrie x Morte. Just somehow Kyrie and Ria seem like a cuter couple. Maybe it's because Ria reminds me of of Tessa from FMP somehow... Maybe it's because Ria gets so embarassed the first time she tries to kill Kyrie, and thus fails to do so. I could see Ria openly admitting that she has feelings for him.
Ri-a>>>>Morte. Morte doesn't have any unique qualities or anything...

First, I'd like more moments for Ri-a x Kirie (next episode hope). There was only one moment, and every other time they met, she was out to kill them...
Almost makes me wonder if the "flag" from that episode was a plot device to get her to stop attacking and the writers forgot about it.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 19:47   Link #263
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ri-a>>>>Morte. Morte doesn't have any unique qualities or anything...

First, I'd like more moments for Ri-a x Kirie (next episode hope). There was only one moment, and every other time they met, she was out to kill them...

Really? Well I myself don't particularly prefer one over the other, only because this topic wasn't exactly touched on much so far in the story Now if they have Morte/Kyrie and Ri-a/Kyrie side by side within the next two episodes or something...

...But then again, it's really not much different Both are horribly superior women that could crush him into a canned sand-whale in seconds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Almost makes me wonder if the "flag" from that episode was a plot device to get her to stop attacking and the writers forgot about it.

I had thought of that, but lets hope not... They did put in that nice little...'Interaction' in the OP are all.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 20:27   Link #264
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Really? Well I myself don't particularly prefer one over the other, only because this topic wasn't exactly touched on much so far in the story Now if they have Morte/Kyrie and Ri-a/Kyrie side by side within the next two episodes or something...

...But then again, it's really not much different Both are horribly superior women that could crush him into a canned sand-whale in seconds...

I had thought of that, but lets hope not... They did put in that nice little...'Interaction' in the OP are all.
"Get off of me!" *Slap slap* I laugh every time I see that. At first I didn't think too much of it (But I thought Ria and the guy were friends with Morte and Kyrie, based on that), but when I saw her lunge at Kyrie and attempt to kill him which he shrugged off by looking as frightened as possible... Well, I can't say it's not love as first sight.

He makes a damn handsome beastman if I do say so myself. There are two types of Humans, those who look good in fake ears, and those who don't.

Kyrie is the god of Beastman cosplay. Ria and him would make a GREAT couple. Obviously Ria can have romantic feelings for a Human, and if she wanted she could have him wear beastman ears to make things a little more... Exciting.

Edit: Oh yeah... Kyrie is such a wuss, but if he wasn't a complete and total coward nobody would like him. That's another reason why World Destruction has such a great OP. Morte and Ria are having this action-packed duel, and he's hiding behind a rock and shivering like a white rabbit hiding from a giant fox against a black rock.
Old 2008-08-23, 20:28   Link #265
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
*I* thought that the flag snapped ever since Kirie dropped chicken crap onto her shoulder

I personally like Ria a bit more than Morte but it isn't a distanced race. Morte do need to show more than what she is letting on atm, but she can take her time as long as she does show something other than a grumpy face. Ria can just be herself and snap a few more times, it's entertaining

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-08-23 at 20:52.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 20:29   Link #266
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Morte for me has the Maaya Sakamoto bonus, though not only that i love her laid back attitude towards just about everything. & yes i just love that grumpy face of hers.
Old 2008-08-23, 20:45   Link #267
Traece

Well, I do like Morte and all but for me her being so grumpy just doesn't work somehow. You know that's who she is and you smile when she's about to exploit Kyrie's weakness for her own personal enjoyment... But I don't know... Somehow it just doesn't seem to fit.

She seems sometimes like a nicer personality would be more befitting of her. Maybe it's just me though. Where as somehow Ria and going crazy seem to fit. It's probably because she's part dragon though. I bet she would be a very passionate person if she ever ended up with someone in an equally loving relationship. ^_^ Such a cute little shy girl...
Old 2008-08-23, 21:44   Link #268
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Which part of OP you mean? Ria's faceslap for Kirie's ungentlemanness or Ria 'kills' Morte for Kirie's hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
*I* thought that the flag snapped ever since Kirie dropped chicken crap onto her shoulder
No way. She is angry with Kirie but she never means his life. Her voice becomes very depressed after seeing Kirie and Toppi's boat sinks with crying "we hurt the tree so we're cursed and must die." She just wants do a little punishment on Kirie for his misbehaviour but she still holds Kirie quite dear (at least I hope).

But I am kinda worried if Kirie hooks up with Ria, would it become another reason Morte want to end the world?
Old 2008-08-23, 21:55   Link #269
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Which part of OP you mean? Ria's faceslap for Kirie's ungentlemanness or Ria 'kills' Morte for Kirie's hand?

No way. She is angry with Kirie but she never means his life. Her voice becomes very depressed after seeing Kirie and Toppi's boat sinks with crying "we hurt the tree so we're cursed and must die." She just wants do a little punishment on Kirie for his misbehaviour but she still holds Kirie quite dear (at least I hope).

But I am kinda worried if Kirie hooks up with Ria, would it become another reason Morte want to end the world?
Mm, that's true. Sometimes I don't notice stuff like that but yes, she does seem to have great feelings for Kyrie to the point where she's unwilling to bring about serious harm to him. I suppose if it was any other person that soiled her clothing with bird poo... Well.. That person would be more than just a bloody corpse.

As far as Morte goes... Somehow I see her becoming a wanderer in the same way as Abel did after Trinity Blood. She decides not to destroy the world, because it seems that all hope is not lost. Beastmen and Humans really can co-exist together and live in harmony. Thus, she needs not destroy the world.

Either that or the Opening when she gets shot in the head could be an actual tell that she ends up dying. Which would be sad... But possible.
Old 2008-08-24, 12:41   Link #270
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Muerte is a bit demanding too. She is wearing such short skirt which barely cover much but goes flipping mad when it is torn? Not much difference to me torn or not.

I don't get it.
Old 2008-08-24, 13:37   Link #271
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I was joking, but I also sure that if Ria did catch him she wouldn't have killed him but settled for beating him into a pulp.

"Little punishment" as you say
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Muerte is a bit demanding too. She is wearing such short skirt which barely cover much but goes flipping mad when it is torn? Not much difference to me torn or not.

I don't get it.
Well, it is one thing to look sexy, but it is another for your miniskirt to rip in public. It gives a bad image to guys that perhaps she is too F...A...T.

Not good

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-08-24, 15:55   Link #272
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well, it is one thing to look sexy, but it is another for your miniskirt to rip in public. It gives a bad image to guys that perhaps she is too F...A...T.

Not good
You've gotta wonder if Kirie and Toppi would have been better if Kirie told her right from the start.
Old 2008-08-24, 15:56   Link #273
SkoolRumble4Ya

I wonder was Morte strong enough to get away from two WSC members since she was fighting them by herself. Kyrie should've of told her in the beginning maybe she could've of sew it herself.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 07:44   Link #274
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

did you guys know that there's actually gonna be a game of this anime? it's gonna be for the nintendo DS

plus i support Kyrie x Ria
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 07:47   Link #275
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

I don't think it was any secret that the anime is based on the game and has been acting as promotion since it started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You've gotta wonder if Kirie and Toppi would have been better if Kirie told her right from the start.
Yup, I said that right from the beginning

And the advice the fake Kirie gave to Kirie and Toppi is oh-so true...

Old 2008-08-25, 13:10   Link #276
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The difference between angry and dere Ri-a is incredible (in a good meaning)...

Spoiler for ep8:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 14:59   Link #277
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ep 8
Spoiler:

Old 2008-08-25, 15:10   Link #278
Ultenth

Ria is honestly probably 99% of the reason I'm still holding on and watching this show, the other 1% is the hope that eventually they get to the main storyline. I'm kinda surprised though that she doesn't seem to be getting much love in the sig/ava dept. Maybe I'll trying making a couple if I have some free time at home.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 15:28   Link #279
vspirit
...huh?

Haha, I like all 6 of the main characters. I can't wait to play the game. According to the game trailers, if I haven't interpreted it wrongly, the world can be reset once every millenium and with the power of an entity known as 'destructor' (is that valid in English??? I know 'destroyer' is...), everything can be returned to nothing. mmmh...is that what we're striving for as gamers? i wonder...

sounds intriguing, anyway...sept 25...that's one month...still seems pretty far away to me.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 00:25   Link #280
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Went through the episodes in a flash.

What's for it:

Yandere-ko: 2 of them. Both capable of violent claw/giant sword death.

Heading towards tragic end. Then again, OP clips can be misleading.

Male protagonist way out of his league.

Dwarf Bear. Dwarf as in Middle Earth whirlwind of death and destruction version. Bear is self explainatory.

No such thing as coincidence. Turns the entire fantasy genre on its head because of it.

Sakamoto Maaya going the full emo range.

What's against:

Wierd art and framerate. Cliches can be a bit hard to swallow. Getting attracted to furries [NOOOOOOO!]

Realised something. Dragon Girl Lia cannot swim or fly. She also requires anger management. I suspect that the constant adrenaline and testosterone burn makes her horned and horny at the same time. I pity whoever she manages to catch...
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy