Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-21, 04:38   Link #641
Fiemma
Fiamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
I don't know if anybody noticed but, when Msyu holds up her hand for Kimimaro to hold it, its not red, its like a normal human hand. That striked me as odd but maybe it was just a studio error? o.O

Spoiler for studio error?:
Kimimaro to lose money , due to him losing MSYU certain asset properties
Old 2011-05-21, 05:06   Link #642
blewin

I think it'd have been devastating for Kimimaru if he lost. He hasn't got much money to begin with. But it's weird how he can keep winning when he's only started. That illogic makes this anime less perfect.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 10:45   Link #643
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Especially against someone with tons of Money and who can easily pay half of Kimimaro's(sp?) account easily. And the fact that he was already owning him right from the beginning and was stopped because of plot armor when Msyu was injured severely.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 12:32   Link #644
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

With a bit of help, I found out that the colors that can be found in Kimimaro's body is actually relevant. The ED and the series follow the CMYK color model, and Nakamura himself admits of that from the QR code of episode 5. And it's really apt in the series.

More pictures and the alternative color analysis in the show can be found here, with examples.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 12:34   Link #645
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Could it be the fighting sequences are too expensive to be anime? So the studio cut it short instead
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 12:46   Link #646
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Could it be the fighting sequences are too expensive to be anime? So the studio cut it short instead
I've heard that the studio was affected by the earthquake and were struggling to keep up with the deadlines,so maybe that has something to with it.

(Source=french stream broadcasters who say they get the completed versions of an episode just a few hours before it airs in japan)
Old 2011-05-21, 13:12   Link #647
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Disappointing. The fights suck, and the way the series deals with these ethical issues is just too simplistic to take seriously.

I also think it's kinda cheap that all this people he defeats are rather nice with him about it. It's not that believable, and besides, it would be quite a bit more emotionally challenging for him if they actually blamed him over it.
Maybe some of them do. I wonder what the Financial District does to people who lose so much and decide to get revenge on the winner "in the real world". There certainly seems to be a level of omnipresence and influential power, if even Mikuni's vast fortunes aren't enough to go against the will of the District, forcing him to play in the games rules (albeit with an interesting loophole).

The teacher and the pretty boy lost so much but what can they really do? They played the game and got burned. It's like blaming the other guys at the poker table for the dealer giving you bad cards. Besides, he's angsting enough as it is....I'm not sure I really want to see episodes of him dwelling on the obvious issue of blame (that someone lost and he feels guilty about it).
Old 2011-05-21, 14:19   Link #648
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shariq View Post
Especially against someone with tons of Money and who can easily pay half of Kimimaro's(sp?) account easily. And the fact that he was already owning him right from the beginning and was stopped because of plot armor when Msyu was injured severely.
Maybe I am stating the obvious here, but ALL entrepenueurs started little and on their way up they beat the big players at their own games. i.e. Microsoft/Apple/Google/Facebook started with little to no money and look at them now. So no matter how big you are, you can be beaten by the little upstart, unless you are deemed by the goverment as "too big to fail" and are rescued even if you went bankrupt.

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2011-05-21 at 15:17. Reason: spelling
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 14:43   Link #649
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Maybe some of them do. I wonder what the Financial District does to people who lose so much and decide to get revenge on the winner "in the real world".
Maybe, having lost their futures, they can't do anything against people who just won?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 16:47   Link #650
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
The fact that Kimimaro won against a guy with a 90-some % win rate makes me sick. I can see if he had thought up a strategy or something, but his goddamn asset had her arms torn off in the first 30 seconds of the fight, then they suddenly come back against all odds to defeat a giant bird angel of death that was kicking their asses? really? I don't think not showing the fight has anything to do with finances, they were just really lazy on the plot and couldn't think of a way Kimimaro could win without it looking ridiculous, so they just decided to sweep it under the rug. Most shounen aren't even that ballsy. Pretty disgusting really.

The fights are starting to feel really "cheap" and uninteresting, and it's not like the protagonist has much in the real world other than his aunt, so I'm hard pressed to care whether he wins or loses, and they aren't ever really interesting, for such an important part of the show they feel really tacked on.

I hope they go back to a Ikuta storyline for at least an episode or two, I found it more interesting than the non stop battles. At least make her an Entre or something.
Old 2011-05-21, 17:05   Link #651
Eater of All
NOM

Darn, I was sure Kimimaro and Msyu would pull one of those mysterious macroflation things to turn the tide. Instead, we get a one line explanation about what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
The fights are starting to feel really "cheap" and uninteresting, and it's not like the protagonist has much in the real world other than his aunt, so I'm hard pressed to care whether he wins or loses, and they aren't ever really interesting, for such an important part of the show they feel really tacked on.
I agree about the fights being uninteresting and could've been handled better, but as physics mentioned, it is shifting focus away from this aspect exactly because it believes it is no longer an important part of the show.
Old 2011-05-21, 19:48   Link #652
maplehurry

Quote:
On another tangent, Souichiro and the Starling Guild are fast creating a situation eerily similar to "moral hazard". By knowingly distorting the risks inherent in FD deals, they are unwittingly building a tottering monstrosity that has become "too big to fail".
Doesn't it also create "moral hazard" if Kimimaro destroys the FD altogether ?
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 20:06   Link #653
ipodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Doesn't it also create "moral hazard" if Kimimaro destroys the FD altogether ?
There is no moral hazard when an organization is destroyed due to its own rules.
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 20:52   Link #654
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

What a rip off they didnt even show the inter fight sigh
Old 2011-05-22, 01:39   Link #655
tyciol
*Artist

This just seems really cool.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 02:58   Link #656
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Maybe if people stopped thinking of the series as an action one and instead as an idea one everything would start making much more sense.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 03:00   Link #657
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Kimimaro's monologue on the official site, translated:

Yoga Kimimaro
The words that man said. That the true thrill of deals is not in winning or losing. It`s creating, without losing too much or winning too much, the maximum amount of profit while still taking into consideration the effects on the world around you.
I believed those words.
To accept your destiny of living in this district, and to avoid bringing misfortune to those around you.
That that was the right thing.
There`s no mistake about it, he said.
I was completely convinced.
But Sennoza, he rejected the things that man says and does.
He said that if all that’s left is a hopeless future, there’s no meaning for the present.
What does that mean?
How is it different from what that man says?
If the objective is to diminish the effects on the real world, aren’t they doing the same thing?
But that man says there’s a difference.
He says that’s the reasoning of the big fish.
I couldn’t understand it.
And so I had to fight. That was my only option.
However I do not feel as if I won.
I was supposed to be fighting for the people around me, but maybe that was wrong.
If Mashu is the representation of my future… If Mashu is the future that was lost…
It’s not about sacrificing the present to protect the future, it’s about returning to the future what was supposed to be there from the start.
I don’t understand.
What is right, and what is wrong.
What am I meant to do?

This really isn't an action series. Make of that what you may.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 03:09   Link #658
Forsaken_Infinity

Besides, did you guys really not see that skip coming? It was beyond obvious that they were going to skip the comeback before the fight even started.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 03:21   Link #659
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Finally saw episode 6 but I'm more in the mood to fangurl than to think right now, hahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Nope, it represents "falling in love" with your own company. Think about it, the average japanese entrepreneur gives more time to his company than to his wife (and children, if any) in his lifetime. The same probably applies all over the world, the more money you are responsible of, the more time you have to spend taking care of it (otherwise you will lose it).
"Falling in love" with your company gives me negative impressions though x_x If Kimimaro falling in love with his Asset is the same as Mikuni's father caring for his company more than his daughter... that's.... kinda... X_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
IMO it was a nice touch not showing the fight end, they are clearly saying "we have no Naruto like gimmicks and we are not going in depth about how the fight mechanics works, if he say he wins or loses that is the end of the story". AFAIK they did not show how the fight with the spider thing ended (a win most likely).
I feel the same way. I think you can't ever appreciate this series if you only see it as an action show (though I think it's totally not from the very beginning.)

@physics223
Thanks for sharing the translation of Kimimaro's monologue *_* And oh wow... the meaning of those colors in the ED made me even more amazed with the series O_O
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 03:22   Link #660
Calca
Expressionless

Personally I think as Kimimaro wins more and gets more money, MSYU's boobs should grow accordingly
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, finance, noitamina