AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-30, 10:40   Link #481
Tenzen12

New episode subed and love afair thickening. In worst case it might go

Spoiler for unlikely worst case scenario:

But I guess only last three are sure for now.

And poor Rin were forced be mean. I am sure it was more stressing on her than Izuru.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 11:02   Link #482
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Woof
They look rather unappealing.
Quote:
How was it that Tamaki never had a bf before?
Quote:
Let me guess: airhead, clumsy, a bit whiny, too ‘aggressive’, and overall not that cute (it’s subjective of course ).
You guys are under the assumption militaries allow dating at all, so it would make more sense that they don't have any intimate partners.

So yeah, watched the new episode.
Spoiler for Plot points sorta:
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 11:18   Link #483
EroKing

Hard to miss it now that Kei really likes Izuru. Though they will probably ship her with Asagi later and go with Theoria x Izuru.
Old 2013-05-30, 12:07   Link #484
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Hard to miss it now that Kei really likes Izuru. Though they will probably ship her with Asagi later and go with Theoria x Izuru.
What do you guys think the chances of a death occurring here, I wouldn't put it pass them to make either Theoria or Kei die. While your scenario seems to be the most likely IMO I'm hoping that give me the unexpected and let Kei have her man.
Old 2013-05-30, 12:20   Link #485
hai_san

When Theoria enters the room, in my mind Kei was saying/thinking: "she is enemy!"
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 12:39   Link #486
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
What do you guys think the chances of a death occurring here, I wouldn't put it pass them to make either Theoria or Kei die. While your scenario seems to be the most likely IMO I'm hoping that give me the unexpected and let Kei have her man.
I don't see Izuru dying. Lacus (andI like that idea) maybe or Asagi/Kei with big heroic sacrifice (I hate that idea) and of course Team Doeberman (hope MJP will be original and let them live though).

My choice kill Lacus, let Kei comfort Izuru and throw big party with dobermans. Happy ending
Old 2013-05-30, 13:04   Link #487
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Doberman would probably die. Knowing how sunrise goes. I don't think Kei or Lacus clone will die though. This isn't a complete clone of GSD unlike another certain anime from sunrise. Lol its funny. Right after Kei its Maou-sama time! Emi always pissed too.
Old 2013-05-30, 13:24   Link #488
Irenesharda

I don't know why but I felt this episode was a bit of step backwards in the series progress. Nothing of real importance was done in this episode except confirm what many of the audience had already guessed, and to try to give some drama that this show really isn't suited for.

Basically this is the aftermath episode of last week's battle, where after Prince Jiart left Izuru floating high and dry, the Wulgaru retreat despite the fact that they were on the cusp of winning. It is a Pyrrhic victory for the Earth Forces as they end up "winning" but at a great price, losing many soldiers and 40% of their armed forces. The Fail 5 are all trying to process this as their forces were the only ones to have done any damage and therefore the only one to come out of the battle relatively unscathed. The receive both acclaim and censure on their return (some unfairly as in Asagi's case) and have mixed reactions to the battle's conclusion.

In Izuru's case, he is stunned by the identity of his enemy and how it is similar to that of the girl he met a few episodes prior. And that's when this show wants to try to give us some drama by hinting at a conspiracy within the MJP and them showing that they know more about the Wulgaru than they were letting on. They forbid Izuru from revealing anything of his encounter but also refuse to answer his questions. This turns Izuru into your stereotypical emo lead which I have to say he is ill-suited for. The change is so drastic within him from his usual jovial, happy-go-lucky self that it's quite jarring. He has to keep secrets from his friends and is also feeling lost because of the army's secrets and he becomes despondent and distant from everyone and everything around him.

We learn that the army, or at least the MJP, have known about the Wulgaru the whole time, but for some reason have been keeping it a secret. Theoria, our "Lacus" for this show and her servant, are Wulgaru defectors and have not only given the Wulgaru's plans to the Earth Forces but also the beginning designs for the new updated units that the Fail 5 pilot. She also seems to be connected to Izuru's past despite his lost memory, that along with two of them being together in the OP, pretty much seals them as being romantic interests. This is unfortunate for Kei, whose jealousy showed up in the episode. However they also include a nice scene with her and Asagi, so there might be hope for her in the love department.

Needless to say, the show dropped the whole conspiracy act thankfully, as I said earlier that this show doesn't do well with that type of drama. The reveal to the rest of Team Rabbits as well as Izuru about the Wulgaru and Theoria and she will be explaining the situation in more detail next episode. So it looks as if Izuru will no longer be emo next episode, which is a good thing.

Next week looks like some training for the team, Theoria explaining the situation, and more of the Wulgaru who I have to say, are actually the best part of the show thus far. I wonder why Theoria defected and I hope it will be a deeper reason than just because, "What we're doing is wrong". She comes from a civilization where what their doing isn't morally wrong and is expected, why the different mindset? Or am just expecting this show to go deeper than it is able to? I want Theoria to be more than just a Lacus clone, but from what I've seen so far, I doubt if that will be possible.

Oh well, we'll see as the show continues, were it goes from here.

I give this episode a 7/10. It was okay, but didn't do much for me.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 13:35   Link #489
Puu

I would just laugh if-

Spoiler for Spoiler Speculation?:

Anyway, I really like this episode. It feels really... mellow after that awesome previous episode, but I also like the tiny things they put in here. Especially....

Spoiler for Episode 9 spoilers:
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 13:44   Link #490
Tenzen12

As many could noticed I have feel certain disdain toward Lacus/Historia, but I belive tha I am more or less objective when I say Izuru x Lacus ending isn't set in stone.

While it's most prominent ship, several other mecha shows (mostly gundams, of course) went for less generic, but sort of more natural one.

But even if sunrise will go with that, I don't think Kei would end with Asagi.
Old 2013-05-30, 14:23   Link #491
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Gundam 00 had one of the lamest endings I've ever seen. Gundam Age was a pure disaster. I'm just happy the series isn't 13 episodes. Its hard to pull off mech to start with. Giving it only 12 eps is asking for a early death. If you didn't enjoy this ep your probably in for some more trouble. Pretty soon they'll have to do flash back eps.
Old 2013-05-30, 14:26   Link #492
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
You guys are under the assumption militaries allow dating at all, so it would make more sense that they don't have any intimate partners.
Read Arabesque's question. He asked "How was it that Tamaki never had a bf before?" which means by the time she was in the academy. Now from episode one, it's blatantly shown to us that it's okay for the students to date coz the guy who Tamaki confessed to already had a girlfriend and there's no fuss about it.
Old 2013-05-30, 14:38   Link #493
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

They had their memories erased, did they not? So it probably would not have mattered by the time she made it into the academy. You also might have answered the question, she was interested in someone, but he was not interested back.
Old 2013-05-30, 14:48   Link #494
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
They had their memories erased, did they not? So it probably would not have mattered by the time she made it into the academy. You also might have answered the question, she was interested in someone, but he was not interested back.
Wat? Their memories being erased has nothing to do with why Tamaki can’t get a boyfriend in the academy . Her personality is still intact, and all the students there are on the same “memory wiped” boat. So, it’s up to Tamaki’s own abilities to get herself a boyfriend (no past-life memory needed). Did you really understand what Arabesque and I meant as “while she was in the academy” and "How was it that Tamaki never had a bf before?"?

LOL I can’t believe I have to actually explain to you this simple joke between me and Arabesque.
Old 2013-05-30, 14:56   Link #495
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Wat?
I was referring to BEFORE she got in. Silly me I missed a detail. Sorry, Obe.
Old 2013-05-30, 15:03   Link #496
hai_san

Well i wouldnt count so much from Izuru+Theoria just because of the OP, she could be certainly the main love interest!? But if she survives is another story... if we look at Gundam Seed+Destiny... Flay+Stella... chances are even for everyone atm... Kei+Izuru is also very possible.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 15:47   Link #497
Gundamx

Quote:
How was it that Tamaki never had a bf before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Let me guess: airhead, clumsy, a bit whiny, too ‘aggressive’, and overall not that cute (it’s subjective of course ).
that and she will cheat her boyfriends without second though for next cool guy that walk in-front her
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 16:31   Link #498
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Well i wouldnt count so much from Izuru+Theoria just because of the OP, she could be certainly the main love interest!? But if she survives is another story... if we look at Gundam Seed+Destiny... Flay+Stella... chances are even for everyone atm... Kei+Izuru is also very possible.
The thing with Seed is that you knew that Kira and Lacus were going to be paired together. They made that quite clear in the OP despite Athrun having first been Lacus' fiancee and Kira being with Flay to start with. Now Kei is absolutely nothing like Flay, but I think her positioning in the romantic triangle might be the same. She's the first love interest but won't be the true love interest. Especially if they wish to portray a meeting/understanding of the cultures, using Izuru and Theoria to embody the essence of the two sides of the conflict.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 17:53   Link #499
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wait, so their memories are still being erased regularly? Izuru wasn't supposed to remember he had met Theoria. Or is it just their meeting they erased?
Old 2013-05-30, 18:03   Link #500
Puu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wait, so their memories are still being erased regularly? Izuru wasn't supposed to remember he had met Theoria. Or is it just their meeting they erased?
I think it was only erased prior to them coming to the MJP Academy. It's just that he remembers, or feels like he remembers, her when they met at that resort land....

And Theoria, I think, met him before his memories poofed...
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction