AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass 2 - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 4 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-11-06, 21:37   Link #21
Darth Fanta
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
.....
Where is Kogami when you need his badasserry?
This bunch inforcer and inspector are too bad. Really if sybil hires those kinda of people our society would be done for and beside America would even let such system exist in the first place.

Base on the OP looks like the real mastermind is Togane and Kogami is imprisoned by someone. Probably Togane copying all Kogamis moves.
Japan has drone armies!
Darth Fanta is offline  
Old 2014-11-06, 22:54   Link #22
Allium
Keep on keeping on
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The pale blue dot...
A few creepy things in this episode, like that bit with the Hungry Chicken game (that got bloody reeeaally quickly), the representative's reaction to Saiga's question and Tougane's secret stash. Beneath this whole mystery there seems to be some weird link between Tougane, Sibyl and Kamui, and I can't wait for it to be unraveled later.

Mika's still not very likeable, but it was good seeing her taking initiative to investigate her suspicions, for once. Nevertheless, for her to have accessed Tougane's stuff so easily, can't help but think that it's a trap of sorts. The comment Kasei made about her wasn't unexpected yet foreboding, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were to happen in the literal sense.

The next episode should be a good one. It's Kirito they're playing this game with, after all.
Allium is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 00:05   Link #23
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
.....
Where is Kogami when you need his badasserry?
This bunch inforcer and inspector are too bad. Really if sybil hires those kinda of people our society would be done for and beside America would even let such system exist in the first place.

Base on the OP looks like the real mastermind is Togane and Kogami is imprisoned by someone. Probably Togane copying all Kogamis moves.
They're seriously lacking good officers because becoming a good detective equals your hue going bad.

Seems like the country is protected by drones.
prototype_sky is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 02:13   Link #24
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Kougami = Kirito?
kk2extreme is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 02:15   Link #25
pampz21
ShipCore
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Kougami = Kirito?
I doubt; high probability of Kougami being Togane is high at the same time it would be creepy; because of the secret stash at the end.
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 02:41   Link #26
Jagger
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
I love how there's random circles drawn around the eyes and mouth like Tougane was going "Awwwee yeah, look at those clear hue eyes and mouth".
Jagger is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 02:45   Link #27
Green²
It's bacon!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Up and to the Left
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaPrincess View Post
So the Dominator only relies on the rectal scan of an Inspector to read the CC of a person, and nothing more? What about the use of the other eye, or is it because he's "invisible" that it doesn't even register it?
Pretty sure that you mean retinal scan, but I'm guessing that there is a remote exploit within the eye link network that are being taking advantage of here.
Green² is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 04:23   Link #28
ththth13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't think you two know who's who. Tougane is the Enforcer obsessed with Akane. Kamui is the antagonist. Akane Tsunemori is the main character.
Sorry, I meant Akane. Tougane might be working for Kamui, there seems to be a number of people doing so. Someone had replaced that politician, and Kamui seems to have some special interest in Akane. There is probably some secret why Akane's psychopass stays so clear, Tougane was also investigating it.
ththth13 is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 04:53   Link #29
Jerseykid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I want them to explain more about knowing how a gun was pointed at Akane and sibyl's ability to modify the gun on the fly like in season1. Because I can think of a bunch of things that they can be doing that they aren't.
Jerseykid is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 05:02   Link #30
Darth Fanta
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I want them to explain more about knowing how a gun was pointed at Akane and sibyl's ability to modify the gun on the fly like in season1. Because I can think of a bunch of things that they can be doing that they aren't.
Sybil can modify the dominator because Sybil basically controls the dominators.Every time it's used, it gets confirmation from Sybil itself. In the previous season, Akane can basically talk with Sybil through the dominator. Surprising thing is how come Sybil couldn't hear or see anything relating to Kamui considering he stole a few dominators.Or why it confirmed the instance in episode 1 where Kamui used Shisui to shoot her enforcer.
Darth Fanta is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 05:13   Link #31
Jerseykid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Sybil can modify the dominator because Sybil basically controls the dominators.Every time it's used, it gets confirmation from Sybil itself. In the previous season, Akane can basically talk with Sybil through the dominator. Surprising thing is how come Sybil couldn't hear or see anything relating to Kamui considering he stole a few dominators.Or why it confirmed the instance in episode 1 where Kamui used Shisui to shoot her enforcer.
That is surprising that's why I want them to explain more
Jerseykid is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 07:00   Link #32
Geburah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Probably Sibyl doesnt like to show its cards. Yes, it can track Kamui easily, but doing so will show the control it holds over EVERYTHING and people wont like to know that Sibyl monitors even how many times they jack off so to speak.

One thing is to help a single individual (Akane) that is already connecting the dots of what Sibyl is, and another show it to everyone who has no damn clue.

Also remember that Kamui is still of no concern to them yet, in fact they are pleased since change brings evolution to them.

Unless things scalate much more I dont see Sybil acting.

My theory is: Kamui transplanted the inspector eye into him or manipulated his eye in some manner to imitate hers and by doing so he can trick the system into believing hes an inspector. That would explain why he needed an inspector eye and why he had to use the inspector body to shoot the enforcer instead of doing it himself
Geburah is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 08:26   Link #33
Darth Fanta
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geburah View Post
Probably Sibyl doesnt like to show its cards. Yes, it can track Kamui easily, but doing so will show the control it holds over EVERYTHING and people wont like to know that Sibyl monitors even how many times they jack off so to speak.

One thing is to help a single individual (Akane) that is already connecting the dots of what Sibyl is, and another show it to everyone who has no damn clue.

Also remember that Kamui is still of no concern to them yet, in fact they are pleased since change brings evolution to them.

Unless things scalate much more I dont see Sybil acting.

My theory is: Kamui transplanted the inspector eye into him or manipulated his eye in some manner to imitate hers and by doing so he can trick the system into believing hes an inspector. That would explain why he needed an inspector eye and why he had to use the inspector body to shoot the enforcer instead of doing it himself
If that's the case, it doesn't explain why Sybil doesn't get suspicious of a missing inspector. If the missing 'inspector' suddenly used the dominator,shouldn't they be a bit more suspicious and try to inquire why that inspector ended up missing during a mission?It's either Sybil being overconfident in it's ability to maintain control in all situations and couldn't be bordered to deal with a minor problem or it's a plot hole.Even if it is a plot hole though, it does fit with the whole deal with Sybil being so arrogant that it's basically stupid at times.
Darth Fanta is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 08:39   Link #34
Geburah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Its not that Sibyl doesnt get suspicious is more like they are interested on variation on their game of control since it helps them to evolve.

Even after all that Kamui has done is still considered a minor nuisance at most, a far cry from Makishima crysis

Its like like they are saying "go my pawns think for yourselves for once, we already know the puzzle solution now its your turn to do it so"

The reason Akane is so highly valued by Sibyl is that shes an useful piece, much better than a mere pawn who cant think out of the box
Geburah is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 10:55   Link #35
Stro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
.....
Where is Kogami when you need his badasserry?
This bunch inforcer and inspector are too bad. Really if sybil hires those kinda of people our society would be done for and beside America wouldnt even let such system exist in the first place.

Base on the OP looks like the real mastermind is Togane and Kogami is imprisoned by someone. Probably Togane copying all Kogamis moves.
Japan has close his relationships with the world. i think that Kogami escaped from Japan and now is in USA. He probably now is an USA agent that mision is to overthrogh sybil.
Stro is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 12:46   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 33
I'm really interested in who Tougane is. I hope they won't go for the obvious and have him turn out to be a minion of Sibyl tasked with studying Akane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geburah View Post
My theory is: Kamui transplanted the inspector eye into him or manipulated his eye in some manner to imitate hers and by doing so he can trick the system into believing hes an inspector. That would explain why he needed an inspector eye and why he had to use the inspector body to shoot the enforcer instead of doing it himself
I think it's more likely he simply hacked the dominator. This isn't Naruto where transplanting an eye is as easy as changing your shirt.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 15:48   Link #37
AkumaPrincess
Witch
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United States
Why hasn't anyone tried looking up the location of the Dominator? It was established in season 1 that the Dominators require a wireless signal to be used and Kamui has to be in an area where it's not too isolated that Sybil can still be contacted. They found Kagari's dominator that way.

I feel like Sybil could easily find Kamui and instead is using him for an experiment.
AkumaPrincess is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 16:38   Link #38
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 34
I thought they found Kagari's because a citizen reported finding a random Dominator?
GDB is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 18:00   Link #39
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I agree and like the idea that Sybil's goal isn't to "capture/stop crime & criminals".
Its about control.

Kamui is being a pain to the inspectors/enforcers and rebelling against the system. But its nothing too extreme in Sybil's eyes. Sacrificing a few inspectors and enforcers is fine as long as it helps to evolve the Sybil system in the end.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline  
Old 2014-11-07, 18:17   Link #40
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Why do I get the feeling that Makishima is one of the brains in Sybil system?
kk2extreme is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.