AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass 2 - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 4 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-11-07, 20:19   Link #41
kitten320

Mika is still annoying... after all the shit she cause last episode, she still acts all bossy and treats Akane like an idiot when she herself is being all buddy buddy with Yayaoi who is just as much of an enforcer as anyone else there.

It feels like the reason she is so stubborn is because of the incident in season 1 where she told her friend not hang out with that creep but never really did anything about it and now she tries to force her opinion believing it is right all the time.

The only thing I can command her on, is he investigation. Looks like for once she could be a bit useful.

Though feel like she might die or go through something that will cause her hue get clouded.

Komui must be drugging all those people, they are not acting naturally, especially ex investigator.

Best bit was game/reality combination. Well played there, well played.
Old 2014-11-07, 20:30   Link #42
Darth Fanta
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Why do I get the feeling that Makishima is one of the brains in Sybil system?
Definitely not. Kougami killed him and his brain would have been dead by the time Sybil's folks got there.
Old 2014-11-07, 21:23   Link #43
GDB

Not to mention the way he killed him would've splattered said brain.
Old 2014-11-08, 03:36   Link #44
Irenesharda

Again, another really awesome and yet really disturbed episode. I loved the extra dimensions to the mystery as we try to figure out what Kamui is trying to do here.

First it was the dominators and inspectors, then it was getting people clear, and now we're dealing with people unknowingly slaughtering others using online gaming, people masquerading as others using facial reconstructive and transplant surgery, and of course, Sybil is up to its old tricks.

It was quite chilling how Inspector Shisui is now such a devoted follower of Kamui. Kamui is beginning to gain my respect, the guy's no joke.

Inspector Mika isn't as bad this episode, but the girl ain't getting any better either. I mean come on, when even Sybil itself is thinking that you're pathetic and are going to be eaten alive, then something is definately wrong with you.

However, she is right to suspect Togane. I'm wondering what's up with the guy's obsession with Akane as well. The pics have all these marks on them that remind me of the kind used for facial surgery, especially as he outlines the jaw as well as the mouth is some shots. Is someone planning to take Akane's place? I would say Tougane, but at this point, I think the guy has become way too much of a red herring. There is something and some else going on here.

So what doesn't Kamui have planned next? Is Sybil's arrogance going to be it's own undoing? We'll have to see next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLZH View Post
So basically Kamui is a
1) Surgeon
2) App developer ( Hungry Chicken)
3) Hacker
4) Holo Developer
5) Murderer
6) and lots of other things... It will probably be more surprising to find something he can't do.

Not Complaining, Hurray for hyper competent antagonist!
Well, the guy's name is Kirito, isn't it?
This is involving online gaming isn't?

What did you expect? Of course he can do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger View Post
I love how there's random circles drawn around the eyes and mouth like Tougane was going "Awwwee yeah, look at those clear hue eyes and mouth".
Yeah, I'm thinking someone might be planning a facial transplant/reconstruction by looking at those pictures. Also, I'm guessing all that data is about Akane's behavior and how to mimic her.

Quote:
I really hope he's not one of the brains since I love his character and that's not a fate I'd want for him. Also, it really would make any sense. Firstly considering the way he was killed, and also that since the brains seem to have their memories and individuality, I don't think he would get along in the system since he absolutely no desire to join them. IF he was with them, he'd probably find some way to sabotage Sybil from the inside.

However...I do feel that Makishima or something involving him will come up in this series. I still have my eye on that silent redhead they decided to give Shogo's VA for some reason. Also, is it a coincidence the guy's name is Sho? Maybe its nothing, but I'm still keeping him on my radar.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-11-08, 04:04   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

There was a picture of Togane's mother, I think, mixed in. Does he think Akane look like her? Is it the good old "serial killer with mommy issues" thing?
Old 2014-11-08, 05:55   Link #46
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So... I'm surprised no one has brought this up: This appears to be another one of Kamui's experiments. Remember, real people are controlling these drones. Consider the implication of that. People are shooting and killing other people without their hues getting affected because they don't think it's real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Is anyone else starting to increasingly suspect that Akane is some kind of Asymptomatic individual?
If you ask me, she has a weird brain, but not an asymptomatic one. Her actions and mental state actually do correspond to her hue, unlike how it is with asymptomatic people.
Old 2014-11-08, 06:20   Link #47
Geburah

Hard to know if Akane is asymptomatic since she never did any violent action that would justify her Hue go bad.

She might be considered strong willed on the sense akin to a veteran soldier able to stomach many traumatic things that would crumble a civilian mind.

Until she does something radical like killing someone from her own will we wont know im afraid :/
Old 2014-11-08, 08:43   Link #48
Boukenxha

There were a bunch of words written on Akane's photos, are they important?

Spoiler for Akane's photo spoiler tagged because of size:

Even with the OP hint dropping and I read some people think Kasei looks like Tougane's mother in the portrait, I'm not convinced that he is working for Sybil. Kasei specifically informed Akane that he had the highest CC ever recorded and to look out for him too. Or at least if he is it looks like Sybil does not trust him completely. I don't think Tougane is in cahoots with Kamui either though that is mostly just a gut feeling. With him quoting his detective instincts and his background as a therapist, I can't find any gaps in his enthusiasm towards the case. I suppose no one had attempted to guess his agenda is his and his alone?

Quote:
Yeah the suspicious scene in the dark room with Kasai sounded like somebody with a "back for vengence" motif had switched to be in control. Hmm....
Old 2014-11-08, 10:38   Link #49
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There was a picture of Togane's mother, I think, mixed in. Does he think Akane look like her? Is it the good old "serial killer with mommy issues" thing?
Really? I thought that was Akane's mother and grandmother?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-11-08, 13:44   Link #50
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geburah View Post
Hard to know if Akane is asymptomatic since she never did any violent action that would justify her Hue go bad.

She might be considered strong willed on the sense akin to a veteran soldier able to stomach many traumatic things that would crumble a civilian mind.

Until she does something radical like killing someone from her own will we wont know im afraid :/
She failed to shoot Makishima and looked very upset when he was killing her friend. Both of which would indicate she isn't a sociopath.
Old 2014-11-08, 14:39   Link #51
Geburah

Quote:
She failed to shoot Makishima and looked very upset when he was killing her friend. Both of which would indicate she isn't a sociopath.
Akane is not a criminal but she migth yet be an asymptomatic individual, but thing is: How you discern a normal person from an asympthomatic one? The answer is you cant unless that person stops being "normal" and then you can realize the difference

The fact that Akane has ubber mental resistance has been pointed since season 1 and sometimes is almost freaky, like reliving her friend murder or working on a crime place akin to a splatterhouse yet her Hue is ridiculously low at all times, heck even sometimes it goes DOWN
Old 2014-11-08, 14:43   Link #52
desrtsku
Nympholept

She's gone deep enough to understand how both Kogami and Makishima's minds function. She's become more and more involved with latent criminals to the point of being buddies with 2ch Doc. Actually, starts obsessing with a case like Kogami did.
By Sibyl's normal standards, she should have grasped and assimilated the mentality of a criminal, or been crushed by the stress by now. Yet she's taking it real fine, her hue is as clear as ever and her CC goes lower with every new episode.

She might not be an asymptomatic criminal, but she certainly is asymptomatic.
Old 2014-11-08, 15:47   Link #53
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I... wouldn't use that word though. "Asymptomatic" means "does not show any symptoms/signs of...". Think of it like a person having a cold but who never sneezes or coughs or shows any other sign of it.
Old 2014-11-08, 16:23   Link #54
Geburah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I... wouldn't use that word though. "Asymptomatic" means "does not show any symptoms/signs of...". Think of it like a person having a cold but who never sneezes or coughs or shows any other sign of it.
Remember that her Hue barely gets any reaction from potentially dangerous situations on where other people could have their criminality rating skyrocket, thats a pretty similar situation to your cold example

In any case, everything about why Akane is so resistant mind wise is just fan theory. Heck they could call it "Heroine Bonus" and we would have no choice but to accept it
Old 2014-11-08, 16:51   Link #55
GDB

Yeah, it's hard to really gauge her since the only situation we've had where her CC changed was when they did the Mind Scrape or whatever they called it in season 1, and her CC returned to normal after teetering on the edge of becoming a latent criminal (hence why Ginoza forced Shion to shut it off) in like, 12 seconds.
Old 2014-11-08, 17:20   Link #56
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, in my analogy I was more making an example like... Makishima, who actually does have a cold, but he never coughs or sneezes.

Whereas Akane just doesn't have a cold in the first place. Her immune system is just too OP.
Old 2014-11-08, 18:22   Link #57
Geburah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, it's hard to really gauge her since the only situation we've had where her CC changed was when they did the Mind Scrape or whatever they called it in season 1, and her CC returned to normal after teetering on the edge of becoming a latent criminal (hence why Ginoza forced Shion to shut it off) in like, 12 seconds.
In fact just looked that episode again and Akane's peak was 79 frigging points that was still far from the 100 threshold even despite such shock, and went down to 40-30 in seconds O_o
Old 2014-11-08, 23:30   Link #58
atua

Quote:
Thought it was his grandmother myself. She looked kind of old to be a mother.
Old 2014-11-09, 07:54   Link #59
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

They should just make Yayoi f*** Mika. Maybe she will stop being such a bitch )
Old 2014-11-09, 14:43   Link #60
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
It was quite chilling how Inspector Shisui is now such a devoted follower of Kamui. Kamui is beginning to gain my respect, the guy's no joke.
Am I the only one who thought that this might not be the inspector, but someone with her face and eye?
Closed Thread