AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-06, 11:05   Link #401
GundamFan0083

Ooh, favorite series?
That's a tough question.
I like them all...even Gundam Seed Destiny.
But fav...gotta be UC Gundam.
I grew up with that series so I'm bias due to nostalgia.
Old 2012-10-08, 01:05   Link #402
AmericanFairy

I'm still slowly making my way through all of the Gundam series, but so far I would have to say Gundam 00.

Wing is actually a very close second primarily because it was my first Gundam.
AmericanFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 03:49   Link #403
II Maestro

For me 1st place goes to Gundam 00 S1 & S2.
Old 2012-10-10, 07:48   Link #404
Zeydra
A random passerby

Gundam SEED easily. It was my first Gundam series, and while I haven't seen any series that came before it (I fully plan to however) I still feel it was the overall strongest series in modern times. The cast was extremely well developed, the plot was well done (if nothing new), the battles were good fun when they weren't overusing stock footage, and the music was absolutely spectacular. And of course the mecha was extremely refined and well done, capturing the perfect balance between something that looks like a toy and a machine of war.

I would actually say Unicorn, but as that has yet to finish I will wait before I say it's my favourite. Many of the modern Gundam series have had extremely strong beginnings or middle sections and then (at least for me personally) fallen short when it comes time for the all-important climax, so I'll wait and see if Unicorn can conclude at the same level of quality it has shown up until now before I say it beats SEED as my favourite.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 00:36   Link #405
Skye629

Hmmm hard question that most fans argue on so much my head hurts

I solve the problem by rating UC and AC series apart

UC Top 3: Unicorn, 0083, Zeta
AC Top 3: 00, Wing, SEED

Have not seen Victory, Turn-A, or G-Gundam yet
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 07:06   Link #406
Raysoul

Gundam AGE
Old 2012-10-19, 21:55   Link #407
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Its always a tough chocie for me since the are quite a few I hold in high regard. At this point in time I'd say my favorite is Gundam 0083. It had some of the strongest/well done characters out of any Gundam show and plenty of memorable action sequences and mech designs. Gato is definitely one of my favorite characters in all of Gundam. And dang was the music great as well.

I have a feeling though that Unicorn will take my top spot by the time it is over.

Close seconds to those two series for me though are the original Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam ZZ, and Gundam 08th Team. I'll also give an honorable mention to G Gundam since it was just an all around fun DBZ like Gundam series.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 22:47   Link #408
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Eh, I felt the character development of 0083 was a little weak honestly.

I mean, Kou definitely got better as a pilot, but not really as a person. I don't even know WHAT to say about Nina, lol. Gato was pretty much the same throughout. Cima could've been more interesting if they managed to work in her backstory, but at first, we knew nothing about her or her past (until the Mayfly in Space Drama CD or something), so it's hard to really care.

In the end, all 0083 really was was just to create a bridge between MSG and Zeta (and, at least with the New Translation version, Zeta also connected to it with the cameos of the GM Custom and GM Cannon II being used by the AEUG, and even Advance of Zeta by having a small glimpse of the Hazel Gundam).
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 01:03   Link #409
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
In the end, all 0083 really was was just to create a bridge between MSG and Zeta (and, at least with the New Translation version, Zeta also connected to it with the cameos of the GM Custom and GM Cannon II being used by the AEUG, and even Advance of Zeta by having a small glimpse of the Hazel Gundam).
What?! There’s a cameo of a Hazel Gundam?! I love those Hazels ! Which New Translation movie has it?

Man, If there really is a cameo of Hazel, that’d give me a reason to watch it again. To be honest, I don’t like the New Translation movies. The differences between old & new animation is jarring and the story is compressed as hell to the point that I (who have seen the original series) can’t keep up at some certain points.
Old 2012-10-20, 13:28   Link #410
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Sadly, it's just a barely discernible background cameo in the 3rd New Translation movie and nothing major, and it's the Advanced Hazel. Still, better than nothing.

Spoiler for Cameo:

In terms of the movies themselves, sort of like the MSG trilogy movies, it basically cuts out a lot of filler stuff and only plays out the more important parts from the series, so it can feel a bit rushed at tiimes considering some developments in story and characters aren't as prevalent as they would be in a full length series (a couple of the reasons why many believe Gundam F91 would've been much better as a series than a single movie).

Char's Counterattacks works as a movie because we already got all that development of Amuro and Char from MSG and Zeta already, so there isn't as huge a need for such development, which allowed more focus on the current situation without worrying about squishing it in and disrupting the flow.
Old 2012-10-20, 14:02   Link #411
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Sadly, it's just a barely discernible background cameo in the 3rd New Translation movie and nothing major, and it's the Advanced Hazel. Still, better than nothing.

Spoiler for Cameo:
That little thing?! The first time I saw it, I thought it was just another modif of GM Quel. Goddammit, why they have to show it in the background that far away?! It’s a Gundam, dammit! At least show it clearly so that the viewers can enjoy it! Okay, who’s behind this lackluster cameo?! I’m gonna chop him/her in the face!
Old 2012-10-20, 14:05   Link #412
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That little thing?! The first time I saw it, I thought it was just another modif of GM Quel. Goddammit, why they have to show it in the background that far away?! It’s a Gundam, dammit! At least show it clearly so that the viewers can enjoy it! Okay, who’s behind this lackluster cameo?! I’m gonna chop him/her in the face!
lol, the irony of the statement being that the Hazel units essentially ARE just GM Quel units modified with Gundam heads (psychological warfare against Zeon remnants) and Gundam-style performance coupled with various attachments for further performance enhancement.
Old 2012-10-20, 14:23   Link #413
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
lol, the irony of the statement being that the Hazel units essentially ARE just GM Quel units modified with Gundam heads (psychological warfare against Zeon remnants) and Gundam-style performance coupled with various attachments for further performance enhancement.
Exactly. Since those Hazels have Gundam heads and officially recognized as "Gundams", their cameo should've been a lot better (or at least a lot clearer) than that.
Old 2012-10-20, 14:24   Link #414
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Yeah, like the Gaza-E was huge and in plain sight.
Old 2012-10-21, 07:04   Link #415
Se7en Sabers

Since I'm not a big fan of the UC series despite the fact that I respect them, here is my top 3 :

- Gundam AGE
- Gundam 00
- Gundam SEED

Yeah, the quality is questionable but I like their Mobile Suits' designs and the way of how the pilots' powers are displayed : glowing eyes, aura, etc...

Voila
Se7en Sabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 02:42   Link #416
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

AU Gundam would be Gundam 00 and Wing a close second (Wing actually introduced my to the Gundam franchise, back on Toonami in the 90's)
From UC era is the original and Zeta.
All-time favorite is the 8th MS Team. Nothing better than guerrilla warfare! Also I'll have to add War in a Pocket, because that was a tearjerker for me.
Old 2013-01-13, 16:01   Link #417
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Favorites? From Universal Century it has to be the original Gundam. Zeta felt like a classmate who tried being "dark and edgy" in order to be cooler so I only like its movies.

From other timelines my favorite is Gundam SEED. Wing and 00 come close in a second spot with the former one taking the advantage.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 20:35   Link #418
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

*Walks into the thread*

My favorite is Destiny, yes I am aware of all the complaints and have seen every major gundam work to date. Victory is my second favorite with Seed in third, X in fourth, and season 2 of 00 plus the movie in fifth. In all fairness I did watch AU series before seeing the UC stuff so.... yeah.

*walks out*
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 20:39   Link #419
Dark_Meddler

Damn well I've barely seen the UC versions except for the original and 0083... they were okay and definitely are good, but i just like the AC alot better ya know.

Can't seem to find 08 MS team really want to see that one.

My Top 3

1st: Wing
2nd: 00
3rd: G
Dark_Meddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 21:02   Link #420
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

my favourite one huh..

It has to be Destiny by a large margin, i dont really understand all the hate plp have for it,i just cant see it