AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-10-06, 17:33   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Kanon - Game Discussion (Warning: Spoilers)

Welcome to the Kanon game discussion thread.

Please Note:
This is a game thread and will have topics that may not have appeared in the anime yet.
People still watching the anime should expect to be spoilt by reading posts here.
You have been warned!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for downloads
  • No direct copies of CG artwork or image only posts
    Images can be posted using links or thumbnails to demonstrate points, but posts containing only images should not be posted here!
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 17:39   Link #2
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

I ordered the game from here: http://www.himeyashop.com/product_in...roducts_id/202

It should arrive in about a week. I hope that's ok to show where to buy the actual game, hopefully that'll encourage people to purchase it. I've seen CGs of the game for 6 years or more but it's good to finally be getting a real copy of the game.

From the CGs I would suggest the all ages version, even for people that are into the whole adult game thing, there's like 6 adult CGs in the whole game, so it's not worth it. Just get the all ages version, you'll feel better about yourself and you can play it in front of your mom
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 18:34   Link #3
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

With the PSP port of the game coming, I doubt anyone will want the PC/PS2 version. Save for those who wants the sexual scenes.

Kanon on the go for the PSP is very much tempting for those who never played the game before. The only thing that top this is a NDS port of the game.....
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 20:13   Link #4
bluemist
i am the mist

For those who can't read (like me):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/drea...me/577282.html
A FAQ of the game which includes story summaries (spoilers) for each girl.

I would admit that this is as far as I know about Kanon. I wasn't able to play the game completely because the original game had no voice. I know that some new versions are appearing now with voice, so hopefully I could... if only I ain't busy.
Old 2006-10-06, 21:28   Link #5
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
With the PSP port of the game coming, I doubt anyone will want the PC/PS2 version. Save for those who wants the sexual scenes.

Kanon on the go for the PSP is very much tempting for those who never played the game before. The only thing that top this is a NDS port of the game.....
The PSP version will be TEH suck, why? Because they took the original 4:3 art and CROP the top and bottom to fit it to the 16:9 screen of the PSP (I saw it at TGS). It's also more expensive compared to the PS2 version, it will cost ~5000yen compared to the PS2 version which is currently avaiable as a title as "The Best" selection at a hair over 2,500yen.

Get the PS2 version. Best value for money.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 22:24   Link #6
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
PS2 version doesn't have any of the ero content no dating sim to PS2 does ....

LOL i paid about 50 for my PS2 kanon XD
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 22:41   Link #7
luckyovermind
hungry~

I, too, suggest the all age version ... The timing of the ero-scenes are ... well ... just not right. (I played the all age version first, so... XD)
If you really want those ero-scenes, get the visual fan book (or whatever it's called)
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 23:26   Link #8
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I would like to see yet another edition of Kanon for PC. This time with 16:10 ratio support... (obviously dreaming about the second part). It would be really good if they remake it with choke full of animations done by KyoAni team, just to make for a totally different experience to the original Kanon.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 02:37   Link #9
Bamse

just wondering kanon game is 100% traslated ? yes or no!

i played kanon game before but it wasnt fully traslated.
Bamse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 04:03   Link #10
luckyovermind
hungry~

No, so far the only one released is the 57% patch by haeleth, and I think it has dropped out of the edge of internet. Currently this project is facing MAJOR difficulties (something to do with article 8)

So, you better start learning japanese XD
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 04:50   Link #11
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
No, so far the only one released is the 57% patch by haeleth, and I think it has dropped out of the edge of internet. Currently this project is facing MAJOR difficulties (something to do with article 8)

So, you better start learning japanese XD
Nothing to do with external difficulties.

Just that Haeleth, the single person in charge of the project, is just in a dilemma over ethical issues. And out of respect for Key, he decides to put his translation effort on indefinite hold.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 06:19   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I'm not to sure, but hasen't a release date been given?

I know for a fact i'll be buying Kanon for the go.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...mjj-43-99.html

I knew i heard about the release date. :3
Old 2006-10-07, 10:51   Link #13
martino
makes no files now

I know onw thing about the Kanon game, which puts me off it. It's too sad. I've read the spoilers for the game and I thought: "I don't want to play this". Since the anime finished in a good way...

About the game translation. There hasn't been yet a full translation of a game(including Wind, which is pending). So, I actually doubt that it will be ever finished...
Old 2006-10-10, 11:11   Link #14
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

VERY NOOOOOOOO! I just got my Kanon in the mail and it's the standard not the For all ages version. Gah! Does anyone have the all ages version and would they be willing to make a trade of some sort? I waited over a week for this and can't play it and sending it back would take forever

On a side note the box art is beautiful. It has Ayu sitting on the stump she died at.
Old 2006-10-10, 11:21   Link #15
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
VERY NOOOOOOOO! I just got my Kanon in the mail and it's the standard not the For all ages version. Gah! Does anyone have the all ages version and would they be willing to make a trade of some sort? I waited over a week for this and can't play it and sending it back would take forever

On a side note the box art is beautiful. It has Ayu sitting on the stump she died at.
Just play the game. It's not like the all ages version and the original ero-game is that different. So it has some ero in it, it is somehow tainted? The story isn't gonna change or anything.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 11:32   Link #16
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Yeah, but I can't play this with my friends in the room, nor can I show it off to family

I'm all sad. I've contacted Himeya and it looks like I don't need to mail this all the way back to Japan, I can mail it to somewhere in the states and they'll send it back from Japan. I won't need to wait the 3-4 weeks I thought I would.
Old 2006-10-10, 11:57   Link #17
martino
makes no files now

Isn't the ero version censored anyway???
Old 2006-10-10, 13:19   Link #18
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Everyone laugh at me! I deserve it, there's nowhere on the box that says For All Ages and there's a warning on the back that it's meant for people over the age of 18 BUT this IS the for all ages version. I checked back at Himeya Shop and noticed that the cover for the All ages version is Ayu sitting on the stump and the Ero version is an overhead view of Ayu and Nayuki. So I checked Key's website and confirmed that this cover belongs to the All Ages version.

So I'm opening this thing! Hurray!

Must win with Nayuki, must win with Nayuki, must win with Nayuki
Old 2006-10-10, 13:49   Link #19
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
Yeah, but I can't play this with my friends in the room, nor can I show it off to family

I'm all sad. I've contacted Himeya and it looks like I don't need to mail this all the way back to Japan, I can mail it to somewhere in the states and they'll send it back from Japan. I won't need to wait the 3-4 weeks I thought I would.
Sure you can. Just don't let them see the ero-scenes (which makes up around 1% of the total CGs anyway). It's not like ero scenes popup every time or so. I don't even know why you want to show it off to your friends anyway if they don't understand it. Just find a friend that understands, and it all goes from there.

Besides, it's just sex. Watching Americans' Puritanical mindset of sex = phobia is amusing at first, but then it gets irritating once I hear an expression along the lines of "Ewww sex! cooties cooties!" over and over again. So what? Two people love each other, they have sex. How is it any different from watching a show like "Baywatch" "the OC" or "Friends" where they show a scene where a guy and a girl slept together (sure they edit out the sex scene, but it's practically implied ain't it)?

Sigh, like I said, it took twenty years for anime to hit "mainstream" in the US (which I still doubt it is), it will take another twenty years for ero-games to gain acceptance in the US as well.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 20:49   Link #20
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Wow, i found this subtle um . . . sign? in the game. Trying for subliminal advertising Key? Thought it was kinda funny.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ero-game, eroge, key, romance, visual novel