AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-19, 08:57   Link #6501
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
wait, ligth hearted? it migth not seem dark at first cuz the novel shows what happens to touma wich is helping everyone and no one dying, but every person touma faces is pretty much a killer(stiyl is pretty much a church assasin,aurelous also killed ot of ppl, accelerator killed 10031 sisters, etc), i think thats why we been introduced accel and shiage as mains too, to show better the darkness of the story.
It is light hearted. These books are all about redemption on Accel's side, and Shiage side is all about protecting those closest to him out of love. Just take a look at Vol 22 excerpts- One of the darkest novels they've got out there.
Spoiler for Chapter 12:

And then, just to prove the world isn't that dark:

Spoiler for Touma's speech:

If you take a look at every novel, it will begin with a funny scene generally, and then end with one. Volume 22 and 21 (I think, not having read it) don't have as happy endings- but if you notice, no one important other then Touma dies. We got a bunch of mooks, yes, but innocent people don't really die.

The towns were flooded, but people evacuated the towns, etc.

It might just be me thinking this, but this series is at its heart a light shounen series.

Last edited by outerelf; 2010-11-19 at 09:41.
Old 2010-11-19, 09:40   Link #6502
tsunade666

Touma is doomed to be the one who beats the boss up in the sky or be the one to take over his seat and be the last boss.
Old 2010-11-19, 09:59   Link #6503
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Stiyl SS part 5 summary:
Spoiler for stiyl ss pt 5:
Old 2010-11-19, 10:20   Link #6504
tsunade666

Bardway likes to troll around.
Old 2010-11-19, 10:45   Link #6505
Satehi

Wait, wasn't the Magic Cabal that Aleister was in Golden Dawn?
Old 2010-11-19, 14:28   Link #6506
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Another overpowered character, nowhere near the scale of those monsters we already have though.
Old 2010-11-19, 14:34   Link #6507
tsunade666

she's on the level of a saint. Stronger than your normal level 5.
Old 2010-11-19, 14:58   Link #6508
Miraluka
Banned

The Golden Dawn founded by Aleister Crowley was very... popular, so it had branches and/or groups within them, the Dawn-coloured Sunlight is one and other was the Dark-vanishing Dawn.
Old 2010-11-19, 22:02   Link #6509
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Please, by any means, someone fund this.
By fund you mean get this into canon or just write a fanfic on this? Cause I can already see the ending pretty much - after Touma and every other character graduates High School (ie over 18), Touma works as a free-lance trouble-solver for both the Science Side and the Magic Side, and having chosen Kanzaki and on the run they're constantly being chased down by Mikoto and Lessar (the former wants to take out her anger on him for revenge and the latter just doesn't know when to give up on a guy that won't fall for her) they never stay in one place for very long.

Tabitake Misaka (Mikoto's father) probably gives Touma bits and pieces on the Science events if just so to make sure his daughter never catches up to him.

And of course, wherever they go there'll be a trail of broken hearts, running away from trouble and a non-stop stream of the words 'Fukou Da~!' echoing throughout the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
You all have some really depressing ideas on how the series might end. Let's please remember that this is much more of a light-hearted series made with Awesome!Win. I will admit that when it ends, Touma will be one year later, with Touma back in school and going Fouka Da! all the time.
Quote:
wait, ligth hearted? it migth not seem dark at first cuz the novel shows what happens to touma wich is helping everyone and no one dying, but every person touma faces is pretty much a killer(stiyl is pretty much a church assasin,aurelous also killed ot of ppl, accelerator killed 10031 sisters, etc), i think thats why we been introduced accel and shiage as mains too, to show better the darkness of the story.
And just putting my view on this, it's somewhat lighthearted but I'd say there's a undertone of seriousness and despair in that - look at what happens in Vol15 and 19, where the darkness of Academy City eats up lives like nothing. From the get go of the series we get a repeated mind-wipe of a young girl on the orders of the leader of her organisaiton, then there's also the world-wide schemes played out by people like Aleister, Fiamma and Laura.

There's both aspects but I'm leaning towards there being more Dark than Light in TAMNIverse , that Light would never disappear completely and continuously fight and save lives, but tragedies will continuously occur regardless.
Old 2010-11-19, 22:11   Link #6510
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
By fund you mean get this into canon or just write a fanfic on this? Cause I can already see the ending pretty much - after Touma and every other character graduates High School (ie over 18), Touma works as a free-lance trouble-solver for both the Science Side and the Magic Side, and having chosen Kanzaki and on the run they're constantly being chased down by Mikoto and Lessar (the former wants to take out her anger on him for revenge and the latter just doesn't know when to give up on a guy that won't fall for her) they never stay in one place for very long.
*a lightning cross my mind*
To think I had the almost the same though except for Lessar included there.

Quote:
Tabitake Misaka (Mikoto's father) probably gives Touma bits and pieces on the Science events if just so to make sure his daughter never catches up to him.

And of course, wherever they go there'll be a trail of broken hearts, running away from trouble and a non-stop stream of the words 'Fukou Da~!' echoing throughout the world.
Tabikake would better to give the job to the number 1.
Broken hearts, heh?
I wonder how his partner, Kanzaki, will deal with the massive number of conquests from Touma .
Old 2010-11-19, 22:22   Link #6511
Flere821
Lurker

^ How can you NOT include Lessar? After all her aggressive moves on Touma in Vol20 and blatantly wanting to seduce him into working for UK, it's a given to include her when hunting down Touma.

And as for broken hearts, I'm guessing there'll be a repeat of what happens to Touya and Shiina in Vol9 epilogue, just subtituting Touya with Touma and Shiina with Kaori.

Or Touma can have somehow amazingly learned how to sweet talk Kaori into forgiving him in most situations... maybe not, I can't see that happening ^.^;
Old 2010-11-19, 22:43   Link #6512
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Stiyl SS part 6 summary:
Spoiler for stiyl ss pt 6:

And that's the end of the Stiyl SS. Next is the special chapter that focuses on Mark Space and Patricia.

And in case anyone's wondering, the Stiyl SS most likely takes place after the Kanzaki SS.
Old 2010-11-19, 22:50   Link #6513
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Stiyl SS part 6 summary:
Spoiler for stiyl ss pt 6:

I lol'd
Old 2010-11-19, 23:26   Link #6514
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
And in case anyone's wondering, the Stiyl SS most likely takes place after the Kanzaki SS.
Thanks for those resumes.

In Index's novels chronology when it takes place? Toumas was wearing his winter school uniform already .

Quote:
How can you NOT include Lessar? After all her aggressive moves on Touma in Vol20 and blatantly wanting to seduce him into working for UK, it's a given to include her when hunting down Touma.
Because... I forgot

And as for broken hearts, I'm guessing there'll be a repeat of what happens to Touya and Shiina in Vol9 epilogue, just subtituting Touya with Touma and Shiina with Kaori.

Quote:
Or Touma can have somehow amazingly learned how to sweet talk Kaori into forgiving him in most situations... maybe not, I can't see that happening ^.^;
A new skill above "one who cleanses God" ??
Old 2010-11-20, 00:18   Link #6515
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Kaori's a big stickler on being 'indebted' to Touma, so...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-11-20, 00:22   Link #6516
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i dont know, is there any depictions of mikoto and tabitake relation, since i see him kie the type that will hunt touma down if he finds out her girl likes him.
Old 2010-11-20, 01:16   Link #6517
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
i dont know, is there any depictions of mikoto and tabitake relation, since i see him kie the type that will hunt touma down if he finds out her girl likes him.
As far as I know there's no direct interaction between Mikoto and Tabitake - though Misuzu, Mikoto's mother, did say if Tabitake got wind of Mikoto having a crush on someone he'd "Have an interesting reaction" (ref Vol9 Ch4).

As that could both mean he's just surprised at mikoto's growth or that he's mad at the boy in question, it's not certain he'll hunt Touma down. Though from what he told Aleister to not mess with his family or he'll pay for it (in SS2), I'm guessing he'll tolerate Touma's presence until he does something bad - then come down on him like a barrage of missile fire that IB is incapable of blocking.
Old 2010-11-20, 02:18   Link #6518
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Stiyl SS part 5 summary:
Spoiler for stiyl ss pt 5:
Damn...Bardway can actually use Telesma at will? No one except Saints, God's Right Seat and artifact users should be able to do that...
Old 2010-11-20, 02:24   Link #6519
tsunade666

You include lessar in the hunt but not itsuwa? unbelievable.

That priestess wouldn't accept such defeat from their supreme pontiff.
Old 2010-11-20, 06:46   Link #6520
choopo

Quote:

As that could both mean he's just surprised at mikoto's growth or that he's mad at the boy in question, it's not certain he'll hunt Touma down. Though from what he told Aleister to not mess with his family or he'll pay for it (in SS2), I'm guessing he'll tolerate Touma's presence until he does something bad - then come down on him like a barrage of missile fire that IB is incapable of blocking.
so Mikoto father is a powerfull / important person ?

since have direct comunication with Aleister must be important person

Spoiler for since a lot off next volume guess, my guess:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen