AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 3 8.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 16.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 32.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 18.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 16.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 5.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-04-08, 13:23   Link #61
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
For some reason, I miss the original soundtrack... Still, Satelight did a good job on the visual department, not to mention retaining the same characters and their personalities (minus Kyon's unreliable narrating).
Old 2015-04-08, 15:40   Link #62
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Watching this made me realize certain things:

1. Kyon's internal monologues was one of the (if not the sole) reason why I liked the original.

2. Having Nagato as the lead makes the story quite boring.

3. Kyoani's animation did contribute to the overall appeal of the original series.

4. I want to hear Asakura hum "God Knows" next

I'll probably give this one another episode, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edit: heheh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXHvOge4WvI
Old 2015-04-08, 21:08   Link #63
Witch of Uncertainty

I could not stand the new Nagato nor the artstyle.
Pass.
Old 2015-04-08, 21:54   Link #64
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I enjoyed it. Not read the manga so no idea what direction this is going in, but human/Nagato is a more endearing character than alien/Nagato, if only because there is more actual character there.
To be honest, I quite disagree, and think that is the greatest problem with this series. Interface!Nagato certainly had a more understated character than Human!Nagato does, but Nagato-chan's Human!Nagato is such a stereotypical character that she feels even less like a real girl than the original's minimal, though deceptively complex, character. This Nagato may be more overtly moe, but she's also boring. The original was many things, but never that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't know what to make of this. Is it just a slice of life spin-off merely inspired by Haruhi (and the Disappearance universe in particular) or will it actually have some sort of plot connected to the main series? I usually like going into shows blind, but the problem here is that everything branded with the Haruhi name is doomed to be met with a certain set of expectations. I would liked to know if I should have these expectations or just forget about them entirely and enjoy this as just another slice of life.
Inspired by, but not directly related. The characters' personalities are basically the same as in the original series (save for Nagato, of course), though given the author's proclivities and the overall more humor-oriented focus, they're exaggerated, almost more like parodies of their original characters, though not to the level of Haruhi-chan or Churuya-san. If you keep waiting for any kind of supernatural adventures or ties to the ur-Haruhiverse (like I did), you will be disappointed. For what it is though, it's pretty good. Puyo does have a fine mind for comedy.
Old 2015-04-09, 07:19   Link #65
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
still trying to get used to the difference in art style,
i don't know about you guys, to me, this version of Tsuruya does not look like the adorable hyper active FANGU genki girl that i used to see as regardless of universe, instead she now looks like some mature looking hot blooded super robot pilot MC who is also the leader of said robot team (they could combine?) who does BADASS AWESOME attack call outs & poses with a giant sword of doom

so regardless of universe, Kyon still holds his pure passion of ponytail fetish? screw belly fetish!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2015-04-09, 16:42   Link #66
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well... umm.... it is kinda weird to see Haruhi series become a moe-anime
I need time to get used to this new Nagato...
but I could just consider this as slice-of-life spinoff so I think I might forget this fast

good luck in the adaptation.. I'm waiting for Haruhi's role and Asahina's active role
Old 2015-04-09, 21:48   Link #67
GDB

Finally got around to watching this. Been so long since I watched Haruhi that it's hard to tell how to feel. Everyone's voices sounded about right, though Mikuru didn't sound as "EH!?" as I remember and Yuki sounds... just different.

Also... Kyonko or coincidence?

Old 2015-04-09, 22:30   Link #68
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

And would that be Itsuko standing next to her?
Old 2015-04-10, 12:44   Link #69
GDB

It does sort of seem that way, doesn't it? Really curious if that was intentional on their part or not, since it's just too similar to not wonder.
Old 2015-04-11, 17:53   Link #70
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Finally actually watched the episode (having read the manga I know what's going on).

About the only thing that seems odd to be in that Kyon's voice is a little deeper than before. Maybe that is his more mellow/relaxed voice? His inner voice is the same as before though and is perfect.

Asakura and Tsuruya make me laugh too much.
Old 2015-04-12, 08:21   Link #71
tsunade666

I have no prior knowledge from the source material. i just watched all seasons of haruhi.

When I jumped onto this series. I wasn't expecting that kind of animation..... seriously its like I was watching nichijou. Is this done by kyoani? what the heck are they doing?

my eyebrows are twitching none stop from the beginning!!!

I even ask who is this guy? is that even kyon!!!!

the hell....

now that that's out of the system.

its still funny. Specially when Kyon did the facepalm but Nagato is unrecognizable from the main series. She has too many emotions.

And is that haruhi there when they cross the road?

is this the alternate world that Nagato made from Haruhi's power from the movie of the disappearance of suzumiya haruhi?

setting that mystery aside.

its a funny episode.

albeit I just can't help thinking I'm watching a whole new series.
Old 2015-05-03, 07:43   Link #72
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

A new MoHS season?! I clearly haven't been paying attention to new releases like I should have been for quite a while now.

To the Viewtorium!
Old 2015-05-04, 11:01   Link #73
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post

A new MoHS season?! I clearly haven't been paying attention to new releases like I should have been for quite a while now.

To the Viewtorium!
I don't think you should count this as a new season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. First of all, it says "Nagato Yuki-chan" now Also it's just based off from a spin-off manga (authored by Puyo, not Tanigawa). So yeah, I bet you know all this by now, makes me wonder why I am even replying
Closed Thread