AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-04-09, 01:03   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 672 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Gai dies.

...maybe. Come back in a few hours and find out.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 01:09   Link #2
The Green One

Well Gai goes out in a blaze of glory, almost killing Madra himself. Which of course in Shonen means he never had a chance anyway and died for nothing.

Naruto: LOL no. *Uses Phoenix Down on Gai*

Alright everyone, you know the drill. Commence the whining. Let's keep it in three sentences or less.

Ready, set, GO!
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 01:18   Link #3
DKN117

I don't care whether or not people get upset about Gai maybe living after that thanks to Naruto Ex Machina. This chapter was awesome - as in, literally awe-inspiring. Madara acknowledging Gai as the most powerful taijutsu user he's ever met, on par with Hashirama in terms of threat level (and coming from Madara, that means something), topped by Gai, with one hit, bringing Madara closer to death than anyone else has done so far (it looks like if it had hit just a little more to the center of Madara's body, it actually would have killed him). He blew a near-fatal big-ass chunk out of the Juubi-powered "Invincible" Villain Sue Madara. That is how it's done. Well done, Gai, you magnificent son of a bitch. You have reached Jack Rakan levels of awesomeness.

Oh, and Naruto pulling a surprise Gai-saving was okay too, I guess. Now what's Sasuke up to?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 01:32   Link #4
Meltyred

Gai can't even die in peace, now he has to deal with a leg with shattered bones, and tons of pain from the after effects..
Good job Naruto, save Gai from death so he can suffer pain that makes him wish he were dead.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 01:32   Link #5
akumaten

I give a salute to Maito Guy
And a big middle finger to Uzumaki Naruto. I don't want him to be Hokage anymore.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 01:42   Link #6
Tchadnis

Naruto should have let Gai die in peace , i believe after this he wont be able to do taijutsu anymore lol
Old 2014-04-09, 01:51   Link #7
The Green One

If Sage of the Six Paths hax can let Madra regenerate otherwise catastrophically permanent damage, I don't see why Naruto's Sage of the Six Path hax can't do the same for Gai. You can honestly think he'd revive Gai just so he could be a horrifically crippled invalid for the rest of his life? Cmon now.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 01:54   Link #8
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

It's interesting to note that Naruto didn't arrive with Obito and Sakura. Meaning he didn't return via kamui. I think Naruto arrived when Madara said "He twisted space/time".

So not only Naruto can bring/heal (almost) dead characters back. But it seams he can move between the dimensions as freely as he wants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
If Sage of the Six Paths hax can let Madra regenerate otherwise catastrophically permanent damage, I don't see why Naruto's Sage of the Six Path hax can't do the same for Gai. You can honestly think he'd revive Gai just so he could be a horrifically crippled invalid for the rest of his life? Cmon now.
This!

People are always complaining about something. Naruto probably also healed the damage the 8th gate did!
Old 2014-04-09, 02:55   Link #9
ranchan13

First thing's first...
So called it on Gai landing a near death blow before falling. Called Madara's gloating as Gai dropped and Madara survived, just barely.

Now then. Both Kakashi and Madara acknowledged Gai in the same chapter, and Gai just had his TBM (total badass moment, copyright pending). This was probably the best "Going out with a bang" moment in the series.

And suddenly, a wild Naruto appears.
Naruto attacks with Deus ex HAX Mutha Fokka. It's super effective, Gai is revived.
Madara stares blankly, like What the Fuggg???
Naruto attacks with Sun Sage Mode....
.........Loading, Please Wait.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 03:05   Link #10
Avaricia
My Lord

Yep, we just got TROLLED
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 03:20   Link #11
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Guy's "Dragon" attack was awesome!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Yep, we just got TROLLED

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-04-09, 03:45   Link #12
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Christ, Guy did in one attack what the entire Shinobi Alliance has been trying to do the entire war. *Thumbs up*

God dammit Kishi, couldn't you just let Guy go peacefully?
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 03:58   Link #13
Casshern

The only way that Kakashi can win the contest now is if he takes of his mask.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 04:05   Link #14
Mizugetsu

naruto hax aside,

i thought the last page last panel showed a very different Naruto, different from the pain fight, like he's seen some shit and wants to get serious like a whole different level and air about him.

also kaka' flashblack was pretty rad.

Half of Writing History is Hiding the Truth
Mizugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 04:17   Link #15
ImperialFlameGod8190

Disappointing on so many levels but o well congrats to Gai for an excellent battle and damn you to naruto for ruining a great moment
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 05:34   Link #16
Avaricia
My Lord

Guy was destined to die, like his father Might Die. Him surviving is just idiotic. Rock lee will never become Obito now.
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 05:49   Link #17
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

noooo!!!!! Don't ruin Gai's epic death, Naruto!!!! His death is so manly... leave him alone!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 06:01   Link #18
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Wow, were people REALLY expecting Guy to die? Really? This is the same author that made a crap ton of justu and situations that would definitely kill you, only to have the ninja involved survive. Naruto being the most recent. Were you really expecting Guy to die a blaze of glory? Plus did you really want Madara of all people to desecrate Guy's corpse like that?

-Honestly I liked it. Good job Guy! He damn near killed Madara of all people. Sadly, he is not a main character so he can't be the one with the finishing blow. But DAMN did he put up a hell of a fight. So, Naruto's got the sun in his right and Sasuke the moon on his left. No Rinnengan like many of us were expecting. Well get to it boys, we kinda have a big tree to tear down.
Old 2014-04-09, 06:07   Link #19
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Naruto's kick was epic. reminds you of good old times in part 1.

Old 2014-04-09, 06:26   Link #20
Monster0

"No doctor,don't do all you can to save him.Let him die peacefully."

Nah, i root for life not death,even if it is make believe.So i'm glad if Naruto can save Gai.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion