AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-12, 16:54   Link #101
solomon

Saw first episode, and gawd it was Hilarious. Nodame is one of my favorite anime heroines, she's so genuinely quirky. My favorite parts were when Nodame was learning french by watching PuriGorota (like super hardcore), and when Chiaki was railing on Tanya for playing badly. The seiyuu do such an awesome job. Looks like I have another fall show to watch along with Casshern (Soul Eater doesnt count cause it's a spring show).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 20:07   Link #102
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

God I'm so dumb happy that this show is back. So absurdly, immensley happy. I love Nodame and Chiaki and the entirety of the show so damn much. First episode was fantastic, can't wait for more.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 21:46   Link #103
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
No true otaku would watch anything but the japanese subs, Frank! Shame on you!!
lol j/k

Had high hopes and for once, I wasnt disappointed!
The way Chiaki and Nodame interact shows clear romantic maturity in their relationship from the opening scenes alone. Which is why it was pretty shocking to still see Chiaki claiming that Nodame isnt his girlfriend! They practically live together!

Frank's common western otaku misconceptions and the way he falls for asian girls, especially japanese is probably more accurate than the depiction of french culture will ever be!xDD
Can't wait to see how Nodame interracts with people she cant understand or if she magically learns accurate french from watching anime!XDD

Also, no one mentioned it but I thought it was pretty cute that brooding-loner Chiaki clung to Nodame the entire plane ride to Paris!
Episode 1 already hooked me! As long as the series doesnt go too far away from the title characters, it's hard not to be entertained by this series.
oh, and I really like both the opening and ending themes this time around. The opening was kinda mediocre for me last season. and the 2nd ending was really bad..
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 22:47   Link #104
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Ah...something relaxing and funny to watch this fall. It's great to watch this series, even after watching the Live Action and first anime season.

Aside from her bag, I want that pencil case too.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 02:25   Link #105
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
No true otaku would watch anything but the japanese subs, Frank! Shame on you!!
lol j/k
In his defense, I don't think the fansub community is too hot on completely kiddy shows.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 03:44   Link #106
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Great first episode now that I've finally watched it ^_^ It's too bad I already knew what was going to happen since it's pretty close to the manga/tv-drama, but I still had a blast with the facial expressions and funny noises I full-heartedly look forward to the rest of the season!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 07:38   Link #107
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

It's gonna be a little while before I come done from my fanboy-high before I could write something serious about this episode. But I know one thing. Best first episode of the season I've seen by a long way!
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 16:38   Link #108
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Quote:
Aside from her bag, I want that pencil case too.
In Japan, they were giving away her piano-like purse/carry-all bag thing with one of the Nodame videogame. Probably for preorders.
Old 2008-10-13, 17:39   Link #109
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Quote:
In Japan, they were giving away her piano-like purse/carry-all bag thing with one of the Nodame videogame. Probably for preorders.
Awesome! Maybe I can find it on Amazon or something.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 20:40   Link #110
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Augh! I'd love to get it ^_^I've been looking for it for quite a while~

AniList

Old 2008-10-15, 06:15   Link #111
kamikazex

omg. soooooooooo frikkin funny. "can you please leave now?" hahahaha
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 10:23   Link #112
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I finally got a chance to watch the first episode and its so great to have this series back. The first episode went as aspected although somethings were changed around. I watched the Paris Arc movie that came out a while ago and it was put together so well i was hoping the second season would be equally as fantastic. Nodame is just a joy to watch and is of course expericing what most people experience when they go to foreign country and dont know the langauge. Combine that with Chiaki focusing on the concorse she is feeling aspecially lonley.

Its interesting to see the difference in French and Japanese culture in terms or greeting and just how they interact it really is a mind blower and i felt that way the first time i went to France and the first time i was in Japan. The music of course is outstanding i like both the OP and ED but nothing tops the ending with Crystal Kay in the first season. We get some new characters joining the show a Frenchman and Russian she is just so funny to watch but shes also an excellent muscian.

Cant wait for more as this time around we get to see some real growth from Nodame too bad it has to be after she has sunk a little low. Chiaki will not be without hardship he too will encounter situations that will force him to change his way of thinking and challange his very reslove to to be a conductor on the World Stage.

Great episode
Old 2008-10-15, 10:46   Link #113
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
I'm really glad they're animating the conducting this time around. Not doing so in the first series took a little bit of the energy away from the concert scenes last time around. That factor is one of the reasons I thought the live-action drama was slightly better.
abynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 07:37   Link #114
Molenir

Episode 2...

I can't help but feel very disappointed with this anime. The first season was a masterpiece. This one, at least so far is not living up to the first. In fact its the exact opposite. They're skipping so much. So much humor, so much of what makes this a great story. They're shorting us on the music as well, not bothering to give us the symphonies they did in the first season. Sad as it is to admit it, the Live-Action Paris edition is far superior to this so far. There at least they stuck fairly close to the manga, and let us hear the music.

2 Episodes in, and all I can say is, what a waste of a great story. I'm still watching. I mean, its Nodame! Just wish they had taken a bit more time and did things right.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 10:09   Link #115
Kirarakim

Actually so far I like this more than the 1st season of the anime. The animation has improved tremendously for one thing (it's still not the best animation ever but at least we see movement during the concert scenes). I also like that you could visually see the members of the orchestra were upset by the way their eyebrows and foreheads moved.

The scenes between Chiaki and Nodame are great too you can really see how much their relationship has grown.

I was disappointed they didn't actually show Chiaki's winning piece though. I really wanted to hear it.

They are moving through the story quicker than I thought so now I wonder if they will actually get past where the live action version did. That would be nice.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 13:40   Link #116
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I was disappointed they didn't actually show Chiaki's winning piece though. I really wanted to hear it.
Yeah i was also hoping we'd hear that, though i know the piece so i'm not that bothered.

Episode two was a classic Nodame episode. It just felt like i was watching a random episode from the first season --- so i'm happy.

I laughed so much at 'Being told to play quieter pisses off the horn players.. because it's so damn hard!".
Old 2008-10-17, 14:34   Link #117
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Episode 2... I can't help but feel very disappointed with this anime. The first season was a masterpiece. This one, at least so far is not living up to the first. In fact its the exact opposite. They're skipping so much. So much humor, so much of what makes this a great story. They're shorting us on the music as well, not bothering to give us the symphonies they did in the first season. Sad as it is to admit it, the Live-Action Paris edition is far superior to this so far. There at least they stuck fairly close to the manga, and let us hear the music. 2 Episodes in, and all I can say is, what a waste of a great story. I'm still watching. I mean, its Nodame! Just wish they had taken a bit more time and did things right.
I feel a bit that way, though not as strongly. I'll just let them do it their way and judge it after a few episodes. Maybe we'll hear the Tchaikovsy Violin Concerto later, and maybe they thought that future competitions will be enough, or that they needed a result early. But I would like to quote something from my own season preview that might be significant in this context:

"...this sequel has a very different staff from the original. It is directed by Kon Chiaki (Higurashi, Junjou Romantika), rather than Kasai Kenichi (Honey&Clover2, KimiKiss Pure Rouge). Enokido Youji is lead writer, as he was on Revolutionary Girl Utena and Ouran HS Host Club. Konparu Tomoko did that job on the first series." (Konparu-san has worked on scripts as far back as Urusei Yatsura and Oniisama-e, and was lead writer on Daa!Daa!Daa! and NANA.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-17 at 15:19.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 19:06   Link #118
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

2nd episode
Spoiler for :

Concerning the change in staff mentioned above, I'm very glad you brought it to attention Kaoru since I honestly had no idea that a change occurred. But now that I think about it, it does make sense. It's very interesting that the director is the same as the one who did Higurashi...
As of now the silliness level is not as high as the first season, and I do miss that. Does anyone know why they changed staff?

AniList

Old 2008-10-17, 19:09   Link #119
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
As of now the silliness level is not as high as the first season, and I do miss that. Does anyone know why they changed staff?
Because things a lot more serious now?

The silliness is still there in scenes, though with basically a whole new cast i'm not surprised it's been brought down a bit.
Old 2008-10-17, 19:18   Link #120
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

I dont notice a huge difference in styles as much. Probably because I expect things in the second season to be slightly different.
Not getting to see Chiaki preform the song @ the end was a big surprise and disappointing but the major appeal of the series is interaction between Nodame and Chiaki, not huge ochestra scenes(those are a bonus) so I'm glad the new team understands that.

Tags
comedy, josei, musical, nodame cantabile, noitamina