AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-30, 10:30   Link #61
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Actually you don't need to read novels to see the implications in the anime.
Old 2008-11-30, 13:39   Link #62
Toffeerollx
TsuruyaxMikuru Glomp~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Toffeerollx
Umm I'm gona take a guess, to me it seems obvious its this person.

Spoiler for Spoiler, maybe?:
Old 2008-11-30, 14:15   Link #63
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Toffeerollx, I had in mind someone else, more like

Spoiler for who is who:
Old 2008-11-30, 23:28   Link #64
TwinRivers

I was actually thinking it was:
Spoiler for toradora:
Old 2008-12-01, 00:54   Link #65
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

.... wow, ya'll need to review the previous episodes and see who Kitamura has got his eyes on and whom he mutters compliments about.

Spoiler for Only a spoiler if you're not paying close attention to whom Kitamura gets starry eyed over.:
Old 2008-12-03, 14:07   Link #66
Toffeerollx
TsuruyaxMikuru Glomp~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Toffeerollx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
.... wow, ya'll need to review the previous episodes and see who Kitamura has got his eyes on and whom he mutters compliments about.

Spoiler for Only a spoiler if you're not paying close attention to whom Kitamura gets starry eyed over.:
Spoiler for To be safe:
Old 2008-12-11, 12:07   Link #67
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
I agree, although her character has developed and she's become less violent (thankfully!), and we even know a bit of backstory like she could have had Kitamura but rejected him, nevertheless we don't know why she's so violent or anything about her as a person. She remains my least favourite character of the series, I think this would change if something more were filled in. OK so we don't know much about any of the characters, but there are inklings about Ryuu and Minori, and nothing much we need to know about Kitamura. Taiga though is such an extreme person that we need to know more if we're to sympathise with her.
After 4 episodes I had to stop watching the show because of her. I'm back in here seeing if it's gotten any better. I HATE characters like this with a passion. Can't sympathize at all, and it completely takes away my enjoyment for a show.
Old 2008-12-11, 13:36   Link #68
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeerollx View Post
Spoiler for To be safe:
Spoiler for do we need to keep spoilering whom Kitamura is fond of at this point?:
Old 2008-12-11, 15:31   Link #69
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
After 4 episodes I had to stop watching the show because of her. I'm back in here seeing if it's gotten any better. I HATE characters like this with a passion. Can't sympathize at all, and it completely takes away my enjoyment for a show.
At least Taiga has a sort of Freudian Excuse for her behavior. Her parents suck.

Hell, I hate this character type too. Really hope she improves.
Old 2008-12-12, 02:28   Link #70
wistfulloner

Taiga didn't have a choice i guess.

Shes so fierce everyone is scared of her and she only has a few friends, shes an emotional wreck when it comes it love and a clumsy idiot.

You may say she brought this on herself, but then again, its not like she really wanted to, right?
Old 2008-12-12, 02:31   Link #71
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its why being quick to judge someone harshly can backfire on you....
Old 2008-12-12, 02:33   Link #72
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Now one thing I wonder about with Taiga is if she's thought about being Ryuuji's girlfriend. I'm wondering if this is coming later down the line or if this is a steady build-up. I'm wondering what exactly she thinks.

With tsunderes, there's usually two excuses. There's the: "He's a pervert/juvenile/dog/moron/slob" who I should not fall in love with or the "I'm so in love with Character A (Kitamura), that I can't possibly love him." Now with Taiga, I'm leaning more towards the latter but considering how dysfunctional she is, I'm wondering if there is something else or if she's just really confused.
Old 2008-12-12, 02:45   Link #73
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Taiga isn't being typical tsundere in the anime.... instead of a huge epiphany, she's having all these little moments starting with the smile at the end of episode 2. The Villa adventure seems to have been a significant turning point in her realization. Really listen to the discussion during the footrub scene and the tonal nuances. Also note the rather plaintive and worried way she runs to catch up with Ryuuji at the end of the adventure.

She still has her crush on Kitamura... but oh those nagging doubts and dreams.

Problem is now, Ryuuji's been rolling like a steamroller -- and those conversations with Minorin and Ami at the villa have made him thoughtful and moved him a bit closer to Minorin and Ami -- which means little tugs on the thread between him and Taiga that he's not noticed. She has.
Old 2008-12-12, 03:10   Link #74
wistfulloner

In summary:

Taiga has feelings for Ryuuji, but feels helpless in the face of Minori and Ami. Not wanting to complicate his life, she has resorted to quietly revealing herself to Ryuuji, while at the same timesorting out her own life.

Lesson learnt:

Don't be to quick to judge people; they might be the most important person you may encounter.
Old 2008-12-12, 03:20   Link #75
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't know that your summary of her is quite as *conscious* as you describe.... but subconsciously yeah.
Old 2008-12-19, 05:53   Link #76
FateAnomaly

Taiga is a brat through and through. Her father provided a big apartment for her to live in and money to spend but she considered herself abandoned. She takes her father money and kicks him in the groin... She thinks nobody understands her but i doubt she even bother to think about others.
Old 2008-12-19, 06:00   Link #77
wistfulloner

Perhaps you should watch episode 11 and 12 if you have that kind of opinion of her.
Old 2008-12-19, 11:59   Link #78
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Taiga is a brat through and through. Her father provided a big apartment for her to live in and money to spend but she considered herself abandoned. She takes her father money and kicks him in the groin... She thinks nobody understands her but i doubt she even bother to think about others.
Taiga's father provides for her out of personal guilt as he choosed his new wife over her.

Material satisfaction does not compensate for real loving parent.
Old 2008-12-19, 16:06   Link #79
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Taiga's father provides for her out of personal guilt as he choosed his new wife over her.

Material satisfaction does not compensate for real loving parent.
The problem with Taiga in that situation that makes it hard to take her side, is that she won't give a reason to why she hates him. She doesn't explain why she hates him so much and what happened. She attacks her problems with a sledgehammer and just hopes they go away. Blunt and feels like there is no need to reflect on it again.

It's like Taiga is saying to Ryuuji: "No matter what you think, you are not allowed to like or hang out with this man at all. End of Discussion or I hit you."
Old 2008-12-19, 16:09   Link #80
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Real people act like this too.

Taiga doesn't want to tell Ryuuji why she hates her father because she's too broken up about it herself.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters