AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 13.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 6.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.81%
1 out of 10 : Painful 196 50.78%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-15, 11:54   Link #1041
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Oh lol, I was actually trolling with that article. Yes, the interview could have been done a long time ago, an I suspect it does, as they also did a photshoot that includes minorin. Considering that Minorin was here (in Malaysia) for the last week performing a concert, the least they could have done that was 2 weeks ago. But then again, we shall have to wait and see.
Oh.

Don't troll us again, it's not like we've been trolled enough. <3
Old 2009-07-15, 11:58   Link #1042
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
How should I know it would end up here? :3
Old 2009-07-15, 12:13   Link #1043
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealkidHaruhiism View Post
If that's true then, E8 will end tomorrow.
99.9% chance that isn't the case. Magazines aren't set in stone that far in advance either.
Old 2009-07-15, 12:16   Link #1044
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
99.9% chance that isn't the case. Magazines aren't set in stone that far in advance either.
Are you willing to bet on that?
Old 2009-07-15, 12:49   Link #1045
DumbBrunette
She With Big Mouth

Quote:
I agree it isn't definite, but as far as Google can tell me, the magazine's bimonthly. So, the interview being a month ago doesn't really seem that far-fetched to me. 50/50 chance of it ending either this week or next week, I think.
Old 2009-07-15, 12:59   Link #1046
vetokfv
plays Rock Band.

Send a message via AIM to vetokfv
Honestly too lazy to read through 53 pages of angst, but this version was actually kind of interesting imo

Kyon's exaggerated deja vu, Yuki's exaggerated expression's, the unnecessary (and even pointless) airplane motif... all added up to the ridiculous grandiosity that is MoHS.
Old 2009-07-15, 13:20   Link #1047
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbBrunette View Post
I agree it isn't definite, but as far as Google can tell me, the magazine's bimonthly. So, the interview being a month ago doesn't really seem that far-fetched to me. 50/50 chance of it ending either this week or next week, I think.
I'd place my bets on next week, it's unlikely they'd try to stretch Sighs to more than 6 episodes. Also unlikely they'd make more than 1 anime-original episode too, but there's always that possibility.
Old 2009-07-15, 13:49   Link #1048
kero

ye gods I hope it ends on the next episode. I watched it and wondered why I was doing this to myself, but dammit I need a resolution!

Does kyon come out with 'let's go skydiving!' ?

or maybe the plane motif is just a big red herring.
Old 2009-07-15, 14:39   Link #1049
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
How should I know it would end up here? :3
Everything ends up here...eventually.
Old 2009-07-15, 14:52   Link #1050
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well yeah, that's what I mentioned in my previous post.
If we ge something new, we wouldn't be complaining as much as we are complaining right now, and much of the point would be lost. The same, and the same, and the same, and the same is being shown again and again to emphasize the feeling of despair in the viewer and the overall mood of this arc, which would be otherwise be diminished if we could say "oh, but this time around we got to see the fishing event so all is ok". Again, it falls flat for most people but for me I almost want to stand up and clap like crazy. Then again I have odd tastes, so I understand I'm not a good reference point.
Well as I have also explained I have yet to subscribe to that theory about these episodes because I have no way of confirming it and probably never will. The urge also doesn't exist in me to conjure up reasons to praise Kyoani, especially on something that might not actually have been their intention in the first place (and I still don't think is). When they do something well like in the 2nd version of this arc (episode 03) I will give some praise to the production, but I don't think of it as a natural default reaction like some folks do. It has to be earned.

Keep in mind that I'm also not just looking for this arc to end now, I'm looking for it to end and to take something away from it as well so that also means I won't necessarily be shouting to the heavens if the arc should end tomorrow if I don't feel it's executed well. Just fair warning for people who don't like my posting style. Let's just hope something comes of this.
Old 2009-07-15, 14:54   Link #1051
eternal_bliss

And once again, I'm in despair. Why must they make everything so complicated? Although it's almost clever the way they're executing Endless Eight...after three years, it feels torturous.
Old 2009-07-15, 15:04   Link #1052
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

So the only new thing that differentiate this episode and the last week was that paper plane...

So what else Japanese usually do during summer season?Breaking someone's virginity?
Old 2009-07-15, 15:24   Link #1053
~A~
Good Game.

im going to make a prediction of whats the next episode is going to be
Same as this one but different pictures
Old 2009-07-15, 18:19   Link #1054
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

im really starting to suspect an anime exclusive ending. I can't see them having the original ending after all this.

or maybe they wont end it at all. maybe they will just start a different arc like S1 mystery island.
Old 2009-07-15, 18:22   Link #1055
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
... Today's the day, I guess.
Old 2009-07-15, 18:33   Link #1056
typhonsentra

Again: Anyone setting themselves up for this to be the final episode is just a masochist at this point. It'd make no sense whatsoever given the current schedule they're working from and the stories they can cover from the novels within the timeline restrictions this season has set.
Old 2009-07-15, 18:36   Link #1057
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
That's not gonna happen, gtfo.
y so srs?

I'm a Haruhi fan too y'know so I'm not saying that to wind you up. Still let the cycle end soon, it's really getting repetitive hearing virtually the same lines again and again. Nice to see yuki get a bit more daring with her swimsuit though.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2009-07-15, 18:47   Link #1058
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Again: Anyone setting themselves up for this to be the final episode is just a masochist at this point. It'd make no sense whatsoever given the current schedule they're working from and the stories they can cover from the novels within the timeline restrictions this season has set.
Really? Explain.
Old 2009-07-15, 18:54   Link #1059
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Emblem View Post
y so srs?

I'm a Haruhi fan too y'know so I'm not saying that to wind you up. Still let the cycle end soon, it's really getting repetitive hearing virtually the same lines again and again. Nice to see yuki get a bit more daring with her swimsuit though.
There were 9,128 instances of Yuki wearing a one-piece, 6,371 instances of Yuki wearing a bikini, and 14 instances of skinny dipping.
Old 2009-07-15, 19:01   Link #1060
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
No, I meant that someone should request a new thread. ^^; I don't think it's going to end today, but if people are going to make the same arguments, at least they should bring it to a new thread.