AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 30 46.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 33.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 12.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-27, 21:25   Link #61
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

That has to be the oddest family dynamics I've ever seen. The strict grandmother, the carefree mother, and the daughter that's somewhere in between.

Still funny how Ohana gets drunk on soda. I bet it's all the sugar. I was like that when I was a kid, too.

Great episode, though. It was really nice to see all three of them spend time together as three generations of women in their family, even if it was for a brief moment.

And lol @ Ohana's uncle. He's such a wuss.
Old 2011-06-27, 23:01   Link #62
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well, Ohana certainly put on her Menma voice when she got drunk. That was TOO CUTE X03!!! Definitely liked the family moment. It's nice for her to come out in the open about how she felt about Ko(even though it was obvious, but there's something in the char actually saying it) and I doubt that relationship is over just yet.

I kinda want to see child Satsuki in action. She seems like a more mischievous, tsundere Ohana.

And it looked like Okami has warmed up to Ohana(well, this is obvious too), pointing out her squinting her eye when Satsuki mentions Ohana going back to Tokyo.
Old 2011-06-28, 01:47   Link #63
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Mom should come back and inherit the inn, she has the experiences and showed some good insight. Grandma should retire and look after her health more. Ohana needs to clarify her relationship to Ko, and as Nako mentioned, returned to her old self...

Most importantly, Nako needs more screen-time, especially yuri-related one ;p
Old 2011-06-28, 02:06   Link #64
FMeral16

Ohana's little good-bye to Ko at the end made me so happy. Not because I hate him or anything (although I don't particularly like him), but because:

1. It looks like the return of the Ohana that I was saying could potentially be my favorite female character of all time. I absolutely loved the strong, determined girl who was settling into her new home at Kissuiso. All the Ko relationship drama turned me off her character.
2. Every time the story focuses on Ko, it moves away from the entire Kissuiso cast. And each member of Kissuiso is far more interesting than Ko. Let's face it, the dude is boring as hell. Her goodbye means that, at least for a few episodes, I don't have to watch the episode while worry about when Ohana will start thinking about him and giving less attention to Nako, Minchi, etc.

It would be odd to me if we never hear from Ko again, but I wouldn't mind it at all. But I fully expect him to be in the next OP, with even more lyrics that make us question everything.

I do like Tohru, but I don't know I'm really rooting for Tohru x Ohana. I'm not against it, but like for others it's nearly impossible for me to see them ending up together (although if this were the plan, I would love to see how they pull it off). However, I would love to see some good development there. How Minchi and Ohana deal with their friendship while Tohru goes more aggressively after Ohana, especially if Ohana begins to develop some feelings too, seems like a very interesting plot.
Old 2011-06-28, 03:11   Link #65
ReddyRedWolf

Marathoning two ep catching up I have to say it isn't Ohana's fault. The glasses girl just wanted press the issue so she can move in to be the rebound girl.

One it is Ko who freaking confessed yet did not show conviction or confidence in himself. It isn't enough telling the girl you want her but show that you do want her. This insecure attitude is what Ohana makes Ohana uncertain if it is possible to see a relationship beyond being just friends with Ko.

Two Ohana said herself she has her own life. Ko will just have to find a way to be part of that life. Not necessarily force Ohana to part from her world.
Old 2011-06-28, 11:40   Link #66
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Only playas get drunk over soda, only motha effin PLAYAS.

That's how you fest it up, wannabes.
Old 2011-06-28, 12:32   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Only playas get drunk over soda, only motha effin PLAYAS. That's how you fest it up, wannabes.
Lol. Brilliant.

But as mentioned previously, I really think she drank beer. I think the soda container was just there as a bow to the censors, since you apparently aren't allowed to show underage drinking on Japanese TV.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2011-06-28, 13:02   Link #68
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Oh lolz. So in the end Kou and Ohana both liked each other.

Silly Ohana. Kou probably would have been fine with a long distance relationship.

Now I want to see the two of them in some 5 cm/s type scenes later on. Muahahaha.

Edit: The family scenes were pretty awesome. I feel a bit badly for the little brother though, heh.
Long distance relationships never works out (lessons learned from 5 cm/s)

However, with today's technology who knows
Old 2011-06-28, 14:06   Link #69
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Lol. Brilliant.

But as mentioned previously, I really think she drank beer. I think the soda container was just there as a bow to the censors, since you apparently aren't allowed to show underage drinking on Japanese TV.
Wait, really? lolololol

Still, Ohana a a true example of living the crunk life.
Old 2011-06-28, 14:10   Link #70
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Wait, really? lolololol
Indeed. In the novelization of Lone Island Syndrome from the Haruhi series, the gang all got drunk. That scene in the anime? Completely gone.
Old 2011-06-28, 14:24   Link #71
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Good God, they're holding out on us!

They're probably doing the ganga in their spare time as well. :I
Old 2011-06-28, 16:11   Link #72
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm surprised the sun isn't on medication. Despite being faithful and staying around, we find out it was the daughter who left that she has always wanted to inherit the inn. If that doesn't drive him into depression...

They didn't invite him to share in family time either.

Why do I get this strange suspicion that he's going to end up an antagonist at some point? :/ Even if it's only short lived and he returns to the fold.

And, yea, I always assume anime children getting drunk on juice is just their way of saying they really drank beer without whatever Japan's version of the moral police is getting their panties in a bunch. Though you'd think with the things children do in anime, drinking beer would be pretty damn minor.
Old 2011-06-28, 16:24   Link #73
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I'm surprised the sun isn't on medication. Despite being faithful and staying around, we find out it was the daughter who left that she has always wanted to inherit the inn.
That may be part of the problem. He didn't have the strength to run away. It's nice and all, but makes it hard to respect him when he's treated so badly and just takes it.
Old 2011-06-28, 16:40   Link #74
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Well, if you look at it objectively, the son (Enishi) is a complete goofball when it comes down to bussiness. His ideas are lousy, he's too dependant on Takako, in conclusion: He's a wimp who would drive the Inn to the ground.

And if you look at Satsuki, she's able to make decisions, observations and suggestion that would benefit the inn. I mean, come on! Which one of us didn't go a bit wide-eyed when she started giving many different useful advices on how to improve the inn? Because I know I did. She's got knowledge and talent.

Compare the "I-work-hard-but-still-make-no-progress" son to the "I-prefer-liberty-but-holy-moley-I-give-awesome-sh**-bussiness-advice" daughter. Its kind of obvious that Satsuki is better suited to be the heir.

And also...I kind of doubt Enishi can take on the role of "Okami".

Quote:
In many cases, the okami is the owner of the ryokan or the wife of the owner, which means that the okami, as the representative of the ryokan, attends to all external affairs such as business matters and cooperation with the local community.
Old 2011-06-28, 18:01   Link #75
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

And he keeps calling that one engrish biatch to come help him.
Old 2011-06-28, 20:50   Link #76
sikvod00

Well, as a poster previously mentioned, this show can have a "No boys allowed" feel to it from time to time. So it's no surprise that Enishi comes out looking like the black sheep of the family, despite all the crap Satsuki has done. No way they'd let a dude--even a family member--in on that bonding moment. In the end, the focus is on the female cast.
Old 2011-06-28, 22:01   Link #77
deadite

Manager should force Enishi to marry Tomoe. That woman could straighten him up.
Old 2011-06-29, 01:25   Link #78
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Manager should force Enishi to marry Tomoe. That woman could straighten him up.
I keep wondering if Tomoe's episode was intended in part to foreshadow this possibility. He actually does provide a rather elegant solution to her dilemma. And let's be honest, can you think of a more compelling reason for Tomoe to have received her own episode.

As for the episode itself, I thought it was a great arc ender. And as much as I liked the last few episodes, it was nice to get a break from the more teenage angsty elements for a bit. Beautiful animation too. Although I will admit the "we can't show underage drinking" bit was a bit jarring... maybe they'll fix it for the Bluray?

Preview suggest I may have been right when I predicted the first episode of cour two would be more comedy oriented, but its hard to tell.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2011-06-29, 06:50   Link #79
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I keep wondering if Tomoe's episode was intended in part to foreshadow this possibility. He actually does provide a rather elegant solution to her dilemma. And let's be honest, can you think of a more compelling reason for Tomoe to have received her own episode.
...because Tomoe is more awesome than Enishi and deserves her own episode?

I'm not sure who'd I feel more sorry for in this situation. Tomoe with getting saddled with such an abused man like Enishi, or him for bassically getting a woman who'd pussy whip him (wait, isn't that ANY female?).
Old 2011-06-29, 06:59   Link #80
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

He's pussy whipped by his own niece (and no that's NOT what I meant) so... yeah I feel sorry for him.
Closed Thread