AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-01-06, 19:57   Link #161
Omniscient

It seems that we're not only getting a new ED, but also a new OP. Apparently it will be done by none other than KOTOKO!
Sources: animateWeb and I've Sound
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 20:07   Link #162
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
It seems that we're not only getting a new ED, but also a new OP. Apparently it will be done by none other than KOTOKO!
*dances with joy*

Thanks for the news! Here's hoping it's up to standard
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 20:14   Link #163
Alpha123

Quote:
Yah, lets hope that it is on par with Hishoku no Sora. KOTOKO did do "Shooting Star" for Onegai Teacher and I did rather enjoy that one, so I'm expecting this new opening to be a pretty good one. Although, I am sure gonna miss both of those opening and ending sound tracks. Anyone got a translation for the song title of the new opening?

Last edited by Alpha123; 2006-01-06 at 20:25.
Alpha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 20:17   Link #164
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha123
Anyone got a translation for the song title of the new opening?
According to those sites, the song's title has not been decided.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 20:18   Link #165
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

KOTOKO!

This is something that should never ever be missed by any of us.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 01:12   Link #166
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
Spoiler:
I also agree with you. The sudden powerup nearly felt DBZish.

I was kinda expecting the melon bun. It is still too early for the kiss...
Old 2006-01-07, 02:49   Link #167
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
I also agree with you. The sudden powerup nearly felt DBZish.

I was kinda expecting the melon bun. It is still too early for the kiss...
Well...I did state my argument a little earlier...

Other than that, it could be Yuuji's presence that enabled the 'sudden power-up', possibly. I haven't really watched the episode yet, so I'm not taking any definite chances to fight that statement of a DBZish power up, except that there was no screaming as though they were constipating...
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 03:47   Link #168
Enternal

Sorry, but I am going to get off track a bit here. This is what I think about SnS:

Personally, I dont see it as a lolicon or have lolifanservice. I definitly dont see the tentacles as bordering on hentai (I only see it as some plant constraining Shana, not some dirty tentacles that .... yea you get the idea, people who was thinking that either watched those hentai shows or just have a bit or too much of a dirty mind or they were influenced that tentacles = hentai. This is what I think about SnS only:

SnS is just a action/drama show talking about kids in highschool and their lives. I do however agree that this show has some bit of a sexual type fanservice like showing Shana's body or her taking a bath or shower. Otherwise it's just normal show about young teenages, whether you consider Shana 12 or 14 or whatever. (Acually I am a softmore and I have seen Juniors who basically are not developed at all.) Anyway, back on track.

Yeah I did not really expect a kiss from Shana either, what I thought might happen was that she was just going to say thank you but not kiss but I should have guess that she would give him melon bread. Also the "power up" does seem a bit like DBZ although I did not watch it much but at least the show is really good to me.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 05:21   Link #169
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
According to those sites, the song's title has not been decided.
I actually find this sort of funny, yet also incredibly bizarre. If the new OP is indeed airing next week, you'd think they'd have thought of a title by now. Well, at least you'd think they would have thought of a title before listing the CD on Amazon... It almost makes me wonder if the title of the song will in fact be "Undecided Title", but that's just way too weird...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 07:46   Link #170
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Sweet! Can't wait!
Old 2006-01-07, 08:08   Link #171
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
just reached the half-way point in the series......only 13 more to go
stonedzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 08:43   Link #172
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie
just reached the half-way point in the series......only 13 more to go
I'm seriously hoping for an actual second season, I don't know how they're going to have 7 more novels volumes of material when it took them 13 episode to cover 4.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-07, 10:04   Link #173
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Good news about the new OP by Kotoko. ^_^

Episode 13 has to be my fav' upto now.. the whole show in its self has never felt as good as it should have, up untill episode 13.

I to also hope for a second season, but its just only hope! >.<
Old 2006-01-07, 10:37   Link #174
Firefly_7
Auto-Mechanic

Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly_7
I hope that it is better than the first OP I like the 1st one
Firefly_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 11:50   Link #175
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

this show is only 26 eps. NOO. im really starting to like this show, and i do agree they replace villians too quick. im a little behind at ep 12 but im starting to become a kazumi fan and i dont know why.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 11:56   Link #176
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom
this show is only 26 eps. NOO. im really starting to like this show, and i do agree they replace villians too quick. im a little behind at ep 12 but im starting to become a kazumi fan and i dont know why.
Oh dear god no. She's the prototypical shy girl that has a crush on the main character.
tun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 13:20   Link #177
Enternal

Hahaha, they should have never announce how long this series was because it is so true, it seems to us now that 26 episodes are too short because it's good. Now I wish the series was longer.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 17:55   Link #178
LytHka
Banned

26 episodes is more than enough IMO. We'll be seeing far more dangerous "squeeze ins" than this one (ex. Fate/stay night, Fate path).

And, omfg, yes, KOTOKO! Sweet.

Last edited by LytHka; 2006-01-07 at 18:47.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 19:10   Link #179
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

A well earned conclusion for the first arc.

I'm also with the wave of nostalgia to witness how each villain is wasted in the shortest time possible, but the staff is doing the best to mature Shana.

When getting a prize, boys should not expect to receive a kiss from a girl if their heads are full with those fantasies for the start.

The twins could easily make their place on H-Doujinshi, an Ero-game, or H-movie for their incentuous clinging and wet kisses.

Marcosias cleanly screwed up with Marjorie, so that she could pull herself together; good thing that Eita did not cross the line when Marcosias warned him about Marjorie's mood.

Don't worry about Shudonai, he'll definitely be back along with the other Tomogara featured in the opening now that he's found that Yuuji conceals the Reiji Maigo within his torch.

Finally, Shana v.s. Kazumi in their all out declaration of war! The best to end the episode, but all happened so fast and sudden.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 19:21   Link #180
FeelLicks

Was just looking through AnimeNewsNetwork and I noticed a couple of interesting facts (to me at least).

1. Shana's voice actress is Rie Kugimiya who also was Alphonse Elric in FMA and Kurosaki Karin in Bleach.
2. Alastor's voice actor is Masashi Ebara who also was Hoenheim Elric in FMA.
3. Kazumi Yoshida's voice actress is Ayako Kawasumi who did tons of show (Hikari in This Ugly and Beautiful World for example) and is also in the much anticipated show Fate/Stay Night as Saber.
FeelLicks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere