AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-06-11, 15:17   Link #261
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Benio is supposed to be better than Rokuro as an exorcist as well, even able to do a greater number of chained Enchanted Gear equips than him which does make her better than him because this is one of they ways that they gauge the skill level of an exorcist.
That's meaningless. The only actual gauge of skills is how your fair in combat, and Benio has always sucked against really strong enemies. It's not just about lacking power, she also lacks resolve. She gives up too easily when things get real tough. Rokuro stands out again and again even with a hole is his chest. Benio doesn't have that resolve, and there's no way you can fight high level Basara without it.
Quote:
The problem is that most of the opponents Benio has to fight now are much stronger. She herself isn't the one who's weak.
It doesn't matter if she can kill a hundred normal kegare if she's not strong enough to face her actual anemies. Heck, her brother himself thinks she's useless, and she has never managed to prove him wrong.

Quote:
just because she and Rokuro have a Yin and Yang theme going on doesn't mean she's mean to be an antagonist all of a sudden.
It's a possibility.

Quote:
And yeah, I also think that the war needs to be taken care of in the current generation.
I agree. Rokuro will take care of things.

Quote:
She never had the power until now, but she can still get it. And I think she will.
And I think she won't. Let's see what happens.
Old 2017-06-11, 20:25   Link #262
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Please don't forget that Benio is the exact counterpart of Rokuro
that means her potential is the same with Rokuro and even more because she is a genius
in anime, they were pictured as Yin and Yang... in manga, they are Abe no Seimei and Ashiya Douman

There is no way she would look weaker than Mayura when she returned to the plot
She might already have her Basara harem as well
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 00:48   Link #263
OmegaWeaponZ

^ I like that one:

Rokuro: Exorcist Harem

Benio: Basara Harem

Old 2017-06-12, 01:58   Link #264
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It was always needed, but she never had that power.

Resonance aside, she's been useless since they started to fight high level enemies. She was useless against her brother, even after her power up. She was defeated in one hit by Higano (one fucking hit), and when she released her guardian a draw was pretty much the best she could manage against him.
Yeah, that's how it always is in the shounen. And then she gets powerup from that Basara, so what is your point aside from the clear personal hate or whatever this is?
Old 2017-06-12, 02:03   Link #265
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
^ I like that one:

Rokuro: Exorcist Harem

Benio: Basara Harem

Basically
Rokuro is Harem and Benio is reverse harem?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 03:39   Link #266
OmegaWeaponZ

^ Basically

The war could then be the 'Battle of Harems' instead of 'Exorcists vs Impurities'
Old 2017-06-12, 03:41   Link #267
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
^ Basically

The war could then be the 'Battle of Harems' instead of 'Exorcists vs Impurities'
Where it leaded by two engaged men and women
Whenever that kid will bord that child really has troublesome parent.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-04, 08:46   Link #268
konart

Chapter 45 delivers

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2017-07-04, 10:55   Link #269
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Please don't forget that Benio is the exact counterpart of Rokuro
that means her potential is the same with Rokuro and even more because she is a genius
in anime, they were pictured as Yin and Yang... in manga, they are Abe no Seimei and Ashiya Douman

There is no way she would look weaker than Mayura when she returned to the plot
She might already have her Basara harem as well
Agreed.

Just, if Benio does get a harem of Basara, I only hope she doesn't switch over to their side. It'd be better if the Basara in her "harem" (the quotes mean sarcasm) switched over instead.

@Kazu-kun: Yes, let's wait and see. And I'll say this now, but I think we can safely expect Benio and Rokuro to be equals in power when this is all said and done - and no, Benio won't be an antagonist. I mean, after all, it'd make sense for it to end that way since they are supposed to be the Twin-Star Exorcists and also each other's Yin-Yang counterparts. You need to think hard about what this means, without the bias-filtered glasses you're looking at Benio through.

@konart: Thanks for the spoilers. And a color cover of Benio with Basara sounds badass.

But can anyone tell me what happened in Chapter 44? Didn't you just skip from 43 to 45?
Old 2017-07-04, 11:09   Link #270
konart

Quote:
Agreed.

Just, if Benio does get a harem of Basara, I only hope she doesn't switch over to their side. It'd be better if the Basara in her "harem" (the quotes mean sarcasm) switched over instead.

@Kazu-kun: Yes, let's wait and see. And I'll say this now, but I think we can safely expect Benio and Rokuro to be equals in power when this is all said and done - and no, Benio won't be an antagonist. I mean, after all, it'd make sense for it to end that way since they are supposed to be the Twin-Star Exorcists and also each other's Yin-Yang counterparts. You need to think hard about what this means, without the bias-filtered glasses you're looking at Benio through.

@konart: Thanks for the spoilers. And a color cover of Benio with Basara sounds badass.

But can anyone tell me what happened in Chapter 44? Didn't you just skip from 43 to 45?
No, it's just that scanlation is two chapters behind.

Spoiler for a bit for 44:
Old 2017-07-04, 15:03   Link #271
DragonOsman
Dragon King

No, I wasn't talking about scanlation. But you still gave me what I asked for either way, so never mind and thanks (*scratches back of head* ).

Spoiler for reply to spoiler:
Old 2017-07-04, 15:08   Link #272
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Yes, let's wait and see. And I'll say this now, but I think we can safely expect Benio and Rokuro to be equals in power when this is all said and done
Didn't you say we were gonna wait and see.

Anyway, I don't think she's ever gonna be even close to Rokkuro and power. And she's certainly not nearly as relevant to the story either. That's pretty clear.
Old 2017-07-04, 16:01   Link #273
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Again, you're biased. Look at it objectively.

What's the name of the series? Who is it referring to? The whole point is for those two to become stronger than now and use their combined power to do things - power-wise - that they can't do by themselves. That's what it means for them to be the Twin-Star Exorcists.

The reason they couldn't beat Yuuto was because they weren't strong enough yet. They both need to be strong enough individually that, when they perform "Resonance", their combined power will be enough to take down Yuuto or any other powerful enemy in their way. That's the main point here, and that's why I say they'll have to be equals in power by the end.

I meant to "wait and see what happens". Mainly because that might be what it takes for you to get it - actually seeing all of this happen. But there's also the chance that I'm wrong, so it's also partly insurance.
Old 2017-07-04, 16:22   Link #274
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Again, you're biased. Look at it objectively
That's not an argument. Besides, you're the one looking at the titles and shit. I look at the actual content, and the fact is she has been out of the picture for almost a year in real-life time. That's how relevant she is. Besides she was fairly useless before she got the shaft. All she ever did to help Rokuro was resonance. Otherwise she was weak as fuck. She lacked power and resolve.

Quote:
what it takes for you to get it
There's nothing for me to get. As far as I'm concerned, these are the facts. Take it as you will.
Old 2017-07-04, 16:27   Link #275
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah . . . you don't get what I'm saying, do you? Okay, I'll stop now.
Old 2017-07-05, 00:57   Link #276
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
There's nothing for me to get. As far as I'm concerned, these are the facts. Take it as you will.
These are just subjects for interpretations. Your are yours, but honestly it is as good as "if I don't see the thing - it is the same as if it did not exist". Okay.

Judging from color cover we can expect focus to change to Benio. Hopefully we won't see people complaining Rokuro's absence for a year or something like this, lol
Old 2017-07-05, 01:11   Link #277
OmegaWeaponZ

Two words: "Schroedingers Gun".

I'll leave it at that.

Edit: That color looks like another spin off title...
Old 2017-07-05, 01:24   Link #278
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
These are just subjects for interpretations.
If you say so.

Quote:
Judging from color cover we can expect focus to change to Benio. Hopefully we won't see people complaining Rokuro's absence for a year or something like this, lol
Actually, that page says they're gonna publish a special chapter about Benio in another magazine. It is indeed about what's going on with Benio while she's in Magano, but it's just one chapter and not even published in the main series.

It makes it clear they're not willing to take Rokuro from the spotlight to focus on Benio. Not even for one chapter. That's why they're publishing it in a different magazine as a special chapter.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2017-07-05 at 01:36.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-05, 03:38   Link #279
RDNexus

And so what? Can't one character stay away from the spotlight, it has to be taken as dead from that point onwards?
Well, I don't care about that. If the author has her set to return, let her return when the time is right for the author.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-05, 04:55   Link #280
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
And so what? Can't one character stay away from the spotlight, it has to be taken as dead from that point onwards?
Well, some of us started reading this because it looked like both characters were gonna get the same attention somewhat. Clearly that wasn't the case though.

Quote:
Well, I don't care about that.
Good for you.

Tags
exorcist, harem, onmyoudo, shounen