AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-21, 15:14   Link #241
endy
aka kami

oh man what a cock-tease, at least link the image off-site if its too risque >_>

t radiosity: no ep1 ws has not yet been released... since the series is only 12 eps, my guess would be that we'd wait till its over before releasing other versions of the episodes.
endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 07:04   Link #242
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
oh man what a cock-tease, at least link the image off-site if its too risque >_>
Ok. :x
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?i...od12279ot6.png
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 08:57   Link #243
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Why didn't Yoshinoya-sensei join them in the same room? ;_________;
Old 2007-03-22, 11:32   Link #244
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Because she's an adult?
Because was with her boyfriend/girlfriend(s)?

I'm always amused by shows like Azumanga Daioh and Noein where the teachers have extensive relationships with their students outside the classroom. How many of you can imagine spending a weekend away with your best friends and a couple of teachers while still in high school (Azu)? How many of you can recall having tea with your middle-school teachers and getting them to drive you around (Noein)?

Maybe there's more closeness between teachers and students in Japan than here in the US. I don't know. I did have some friends among graduate students and older underclassmen when I first started teaching in a university, but as I was only 25-26 at the time most of these friends were at least fairly close to me in age. But in Noein, for instance, Yukie-sensei is clearly in her mid to late 20's, yet she spends a lot of time with 12 year-olds.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 11:39   Link #245
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Because she's an adult?
Just so you know, i was talking about the Karaoke room.

Quote:
Because was with her boyfriend/girlfriend(s)?
This is Yoshinoya-sensei we're talking about here. Guessing from the way she acts in the series, she is alone.
Old 2007-03-22, 11:46   Link #246
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I knew what you were talking about. Do you suppose she went to the karaoke place alone? I haven't really seen her outside the classroom much yet (as of ep 4), so I haven't much of a clue what her personal life is like.

In this particular instance, there's no reason for her to know the girls were also there unless she was snooping around. And, I noticed that they didn't make an effort to join her after Sae saw her either. She might not be romantically involved with anyone, but that's no reason to think she doesn't have any friends.
Old 2007-03-22, 11:48   Link #247
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

AzuDa was kind of a special situation because Yukari-chan was such a nutcase, impulsive, and didn't want to grow up .... and Nyamo went along to keep everyone alive I mean... how many teachers actually are okay with being called "*-chan" in class unless they're nutcases

I can't speak on Noein (haven't seen it yet) .. but teacher/student relationships *are* different in Japan than in the US (or rather they used to be more different before some of the silly reforms in Japan). In certain respects, I'd almost label the traditional relationship in Japan as an apprenticeship ... rather unlike anything we'd see in post-WW2 America. The parents always deferred to the teacher and being called in for a parent conference often had the purpose of the parent apologizing for rather than defending the student. In the last decade or so, though - Japan tried reforms some of which ended up not working so well and they're trying to apply some brakes to the situation.

Despite all that --- yeah, there's a real element of fantasy to many of the teacher-student relationships in anime ... but then stories don't get told so often about "average situations" (thinks of Canvas 2 where "not-Sensei" Hiroki keeps hanging around the school he went to).

In the case of Hidamari.... its clear that although the students don't dislike sensei.... they find her strange enough that they try not to make unnecessary contact with her. Plus.. it'd be rude to break into another group's private session (we don't know if sensei was alone or not in the room). The feeling I got from the students was "jeez... teacher's have a real life outside of class?" I remember accidently running into high school teachers (usually with their spouses) while at festivals or shopping with my date and the situation just feeling very wierd.
Hell, my highschool son gets wierded out that we're friends with some of his teachers
Old 2007-03-22, 11:53   Link #248
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
She might not be romantically involved with anyone, but that's no reason to think she doesn't have any friends.
This is the style of show that'll focus on Yoshinoya-sensei not having any friends of such --- she's the wacky wonderful teacher who's into cosplay. She's in the series for a purpose like that; that explains why she appeared in the Karaoke building. Oh and just to clear up: My original post was just a mess-around. I hoped she would appear in the same room as the others, so i could get more screen time out of her. She is my fav' character in the series after all.

Of course i've only seen upto the fourth episode --- and have no idea if anything like that happens to her. Though i don't think it shall.
Old 2007-03-22, 11:56   Link #249
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Teacher Yukie is referred to as -chan by some of the students in Noein as well, as I recall. I found that even more surprising since her charges are twelve!

The apprenticeship notion seems appropriate to Hidamari given that it's an art school, and a couple of the girls are in the "trade" section if I recall correctly. I assume that's a type of vocational training rather than an academic track?
Old 2007-03-22, 12:05   Link #250
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
My original post was just a mess-around. I hoped she would appear in the same room as the others, so i could get more screen time out of her. She is my fav' character in the series after all.
Admit it, Shiroth, you probably wanted to see that posing nude in the grass scene that Yoshinoya threatened as well. (I'll admit I was hoping a bit there myself!)
Old 2007-03-22, 12:29   Link #251
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yoshinoya is just such a clueless hedonistic little tease ...
She just wants to have a good time and inspire her students ....

Apparently, there are "trade" (magnet?) or "specialty" track schools (so many series always focus on the traditional college prep schools) in addition to the "lower tier" schools ... the school the girls attend seems to be the type that prepare students for the type of college that we see in Honey&Clover.

It seems like more of a bramble bush mesh of status level than a straight hierarchy but I'm still acquring information on that aspect of japanese life.
Old 2007-03-22, 12:32   Link #252
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Admit it, Shiroth, you probably wanted to see that posing nude in the grass scene that Yoshinoya threatened as well. (I'll admit I was hoping a bit there myself!)
Not really --- i don't want something like that to happen in this series. Not like it would anyway.

(But yeah, one can hope...)
Old 2007-03-22, 13:53   Link #253
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post

and i hope that its just sheer coincidence that the principal's head is shaped the way it is *runs*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 16:47   Link #254
Jiji
*Scanlator

I can't speak to the "trade" aspect of the school at all, but I get the feeling that it's just a part of the arts curriculum. As for what we know--we know that Yuno wants to be an artist of some kind (and I think it's painting), we know that Sae is in the creative writing track. We *don't* know what Miyako or Hiro are shooting for, or if they've even decided yet. Personally, I see Miyako as a sculptor, I don't know why. Hiro is surely in the Music (voice) track? heh...

Given the extremely tiny stature of Ume-sensei, doesn't it seem likely that Yuno is perhaps a bit autobiographical for her own life and character? I'm thinking that Yuno wants to be a painter, but gets sidetracked into being a manga-ka's assistant before eventually drawing her own manga...okay now this is starting to sound like fanfic. Yuk.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 17:51   Link #255
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

cripes... now you've got me interested in finding a pic of her

but.... that would be kind of an interesting parallel-bio bit...
Old 2007-03-22, 19:01   Link #256
Jiji
*Scanlator

Waaaaay back on page one of this thread, NeoSam posted a YouTube video of otaku lining up to get her autograph. Unfortunately, the video was yanked due to "a copyright claim by Tokyo Broadcasting System, Inc." But I recall Ume-sensei being just tiny. If you find any pix of her, please post them. I'm gonna go look too.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 22:58   Link #257
Joojoobees

Quote:
How many of you can imagine spending a weekend away with your best friends and a couple of teachers while still in high school (Azu)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
AzuDa was kind of a special situation because Yukari-chan was such a nutcase, impulsive, and didn't want to grow up .... and Nyamo went along to keep everyone alive I mean... how many teachers actually are okay with being called "*-chan" in class unless they're nutcases
I think you are both right on this. The situations in general are unreal, but Azumanga Daioh is a special case because Yukari-sensei probably falls into the bottom third of her class in terms of maturity. She clearly went along with the others because she wanted to go to the beach, not because they wanted a teacher to come with them.

In terms of Hidamari Sketch, sending photos of herself posing in a bikini to her students would probably get most teachers fired, as was alluded to in the episode about the statue of Brutus. Yoshinoya-sensei is really cute, however. I like the opening where she gets scolded by the principal for running in the hall.
Old 2007-03-24, 23:19   Link #258
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

This is great stuff. I started watching and I am getting Azumanga Daioh vibes but I like this series a bit better so far.

The animation is a little......@_@.

However, the scenarios are simple and it's fun to watch.

*keeps watching*
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 00:36   Link #259
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Episode 11: No Longer a Radio Drama

I had a grin on my face throughout the whole episode, chuckling all the way. They must have listened to their fanbase and added lots of Yoshinoya. There was Mesousa and the green frog thing from Negima as well...

吉野家-永遠の17歳 -_-
何で地獄耳なんだ...
Old 2007-03-26, 03:19   Link #260
endy
aka kami

hahaha is motsu really there? heh what a nice treat, i'd forgotten about him since TS'n negima 15 some time ago.

too bad this ends next week
endy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, school life, seinen, shaft, slice of life