AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-01, 23:50   Link #101
Johnny
Working the bags...

Pacing wise was right along with how it went in the manga, too. It covered chapters one and two. Also stayed true throughout with only switching a few things here and there...

Liked the voice actors for both since it's a hit or miss type thing for me. Definitely will be watching this one...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 00:38   Link #102
Asahi

Definitely a must watch for me. I love how it stays true to the manga. After all, this is a manga about accepting one's flaws and other's, and what it means to truly love and treasure someone.

The kiss looks great in the anime.
Asahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 01:05   Link #103
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 01:48   Link #104
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

The pacing for this first episode was so fast it made my head spin, which makes me definitely interested in the upcoming episodes. I also really enjoy the art and visuals. Music wasn't too notable, but that's nothing to worry about really.

I think I'm hooked, guys.
Tenoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 02:05   Link #105
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That was the fastest paced show I ever seen so far. I'll give it two more episodes.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 02:37   Link #106
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Romance anime with roosters - we have a good precedent there.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 04:25   Link #107
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

just watch the first episode.... laughed too much....

Shizuku's monologue remind me with Araragi Koyomi from Monogatari series...
while Haru is truly a beast... put the collar on him!!!

that hugging... that kiss... hahaha....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 06:15   Link #108
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Tomatsu's portrayal of Shizuku completely hits all the right notes. My god, this adaptation looks absolutely gorgeous!
Old 2012-10-02, 06:43   Link #109
blewin

oh, I like this. The art is great! and the monologue too. Haru is weird... like a little kid not knowing much about anything, though Shizuku is kind of the same but only in a different way. Can't wait to see how their relationship develops and how other new characters will come into play here.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 06:57   Link #110
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There was enough content in this one episode for a full cour

That said, I didn't mind the fast pace. It was quite refreshing not to see them tiptoe around each other for 13 episodes, in fact. I enjoyed both main characters, whether it be their designs or their personalities. Haruka Tomatsu did a terrific job as Shizuku. She never fails to impress me even after all these years.

I'm curious to see where the story is going to go now. I hope they won't backtrack.
Old 2012-10-02, 07:47   Link #111
Qilin
Romanticist

It's been a while since I've seen shoujo romantic comedy done straight. That said, I'm enjoying this one so far.

It's pretty upbeat so far (disregarding Haru's multiple acts of indiscretion). I just hope that this won't be dragged around by meaningless drama. Also, the main pair seems likable enough. Haru is innocent and relatively clueless (not to mention prone to sexual harassment), and Shizuku is a cold, serious study freak. But mainly, I like how refreshingly frank they both are with their feelings. Where other shows in the same genre wade around the pond for ages, this one goes straight for the kill.

But then again, I'm just not liking the "Shizuku narrates everything" approach. Her thoughts just aren't all that interesting, though I do like her as character. I'll guess just wait an see if this improves. I already know how things will turn out since I've already caught up to the manga, but the question here is the execution.
Old 2012-10-02, 08:00   Link #112
Insane
Banned

LOL why do i like this anime? I,ve seen this kind of weird combination between hilarious dude and overly serious girl before, but to say that this anime is good would be an understatement. In fact this anime is EPIC! Man, my opinion about shoujo manga changed drastically after watching this super hilarious episode!
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 08:25   Link #113
halibonga

damn that first ep was incredibly enjoyable, and fast-paced haha, lot of you are referring to the manga, but since i m totally satisfied with this adaptation, guess theres no need to check out manga.
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 09:45   Link #114
n120cky

This an anime that has power on character personality, I only hope they can deliver the characters development well, especially Shizuku (as main narrator) she got great personality to build. To me it's like watching Suzumiya Haruhi but with lack of plot.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 09:56   Link #115
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

a very very good start, I tried to read the manga couple weeks ago but I decided not to since shoujo/josei art in manga doesn't really appeal me

heck my decision was correct, now I can fully enjoy this series till the end

however the problem is how they are gonna end it later? Original Ending? End it normally with open ending faithfully to manga?

unlike last season natsuyuki rendezvous, the manga is still ongoing and we will probably only have 1-cour series

not to mention Brain Base rarely make a sequel for other series than Natsume

PS: now I have no doubt that Haruka Tomatsu will be able to voice Morgiana perfectly in Magi
Old 2012-10-02, 12:33   Link #116
renari

Send a message via MSN to renari
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-02, 13:01   Link #117
renari

Send a message via MSN to renari
Old 2012-10-02, 13:39   Link #118
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by renari View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
^
Spoiler for because the picture above is spoiler as well:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 15:25   Link #119
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
a very very good start, I tried to read the manga couple weeks ago but I decided not to since shoujo/josei art in manga doesn't really appeal me

heck my decision was correct, now I can fully enjoy this series till the end

however the problem is how they are gonna end it later? Original Ending? End it normally with open ending faithfully to manga?

unlike last season natsuyuki rendezvous, the manga is still ongoing and we will probably only have 1-cour series

not to mention Brain Base rarely make a sequel for other series than Natsume

PS: now I have no doubt that Haruka Tomatsu will be able to voice Morgiana perfectly in Magi
If they want to end the note on a Shizuku/Haru note, there are a couple spots down the road that would make for a good place to end the first series. And doing an original ending in this kind of series won't affect much at all anyway.

Now that this series is adapted, where's my Taiyou no Ie adaptation Brains Base!?

For me, the characters make this series and if Brains Base decides to emphasize only Shizuku/Haru's relationship, I'm going to be real disappointed. I have faith they'll give our other two the same amount of spotlight as well!
Old 2012-10-02, 16:56   Link #120
dredmorte

I kinda liked the episode, even though it was disturbing in a weird, unusual, kinda of way.

It's not a romance between a boy and a girl.

It's a romance between a geeky obssessed girl with stockholm syndrome and an autistic psycothic rapist kidnaper genius boy... I actually had a lot more adjectives in my mind but I figured you guys get the idea. There is something seriously wrong with the MC's head.
dredmorte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shoujo