AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-02-14, 02:55   Link #2881
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Any proof that he's going to surpass Vali?
Any proof He isn't going to surpass Vali
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 03:03   Link #2882
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Just waiting Lucid, believe me, Ise will surpass Vali, not too far, but not too close either
Old 2018-02-14, 04:49   Link #2883
B214

Well that's one fun argument to read through. But seriously all this talk about surpass or not. I'd rather leave it to the author to decide at this point.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 06:46   Link #2884
kidstandout
From Russia With Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
That the patern, like i said long before, you guys just do not pay attention. Ise start with nearly nothing aside from his BG which not even awaken yet. Vali on the otherhand have almost everything, huge demonic power, DD, involve with supernatural world, meeting Azazel and many person who can help him improve from a very young age, etc.... In order to close the gap because Ise is MC, Ishi need to give him something, even though i don't like Ise get power-up in a fucking fast pace that thereotically speaking is inconsistent with his talent i still need to admit he is the one who suffering the unfairness from the start, he don't even have any conventional talent aside from his persistent pervertness, he is not smart, not even fast learner, skill is poor, knowledge is...... eh -_-. Ishi is trying to establish the rival relationship between Ise and Vali like Goku and Vegeta, Goku before meeting Vegeta is strong but only to Earth, the moment he meet Vegeta his perspective view start reaching to cosmic level, the same with Ise and Vali, Vali is a catalyst for Ise to reaching to higher level, bigger world, before Ise meet Vali he just satisfy with his current life, but eventually Ise will surpass Vali
Lmao what? They are nothing like goku and vegeta. The author very clearly took cues from naruto and sasuke if anything. If it were like dbz vali would be a joke just like vegeta continues to be.

If speculation and spoilers are to be believed, they will both reach dragon god class, which will reinforce the naruto comparison given that naruto and sasuke ended being the two most powerful shinobi.
kidstandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 06:56   Link #2885
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yeah. Although Vegeta isn't exactly a joke anymore if you're watching Super. He got a new form beyond Blue. Although 17 is the true MVP right now since he went out like a boss. Goku and Vegeta are the strongest masters aside from Jiren, though. That's still kind of similar to Naruto and Sasuke being the two most powerful shinobi.

And yes, chances are that both Ise and Vali are going to reach and maybe even surpass Dragon God-level. Ishibumi seems to want them to end up equal, just like Naruto and Sasuke. But Ise will be the third Dragon God and Vali will be just a Devil that's at the same level of power as him. That's what Ophis is aiming for after all.

@Lucidrago: Before Ise got his new body, did anyone have any proof that he'd get Ophis and Great Red's powers? If I told you back then that Dragon Deification and Maouification would be a thing, or that Ophis would want Ise to be the third Dragon God and for Vali to be a Dragon God-level Devil, would you have believed me? You can't really say there's no proof that Ise will surpass Vali, although I'm also not saying that Ise will since I read that spoiler from Volume 24.
Old 2018-02-14, 07:37   Link #2886
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

and Naruto and Sasuke still based on Goku and Vegeta, like i said based on. We don't know, they can be equal but i doubt it, they can be Dragon God but that doesn't mean they must be equal just because they are Dragon God, if that is then every God must be equal because, yeah they are God
Old 2018-02-14, 07:42   Link #2887
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
Lmao what? They are nothing like goku and vegeta. The author very clearly took cues from naruto and sasuke if anything. If it were like dbz vali would be a joke just like vegeta continues to be.

If speculation and spoilers are to be believed, they will both reach dragon god class, which will reinforce the naruto comparison given that naruto and sasuke ended being the two most powerful shinobi.
If you've been watching SUPER Vegeta is no joke, also I always thought Sakuke was a joke honestly. Sakuke took as many L's as Vegeta does, I mean they both have their moments in the series but they the same kind of character.

This series does a good job of everyone getting shine not just the main character, which is something I love about the series

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2018-02-14 at 08:05.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 07:51   Link #2888
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Vietthai: Ddraig said Ophis might be trying to turn Ise into the third Dragon God, but then he also said that she may be trying to make both Ise and Vali Dragon God-level beings. So yeah, actually they will be equal if that happens because Dragon God-level is Dragon God-level. It's just that Ophis is trying to make Ise an actual Dragon God. And we already have Baalberith who is also a Dragon God-level Devil.

But if Ise reaches Dragon God-level power with AxA and then gets ExE after that, he'll surpass Dragon God-level (Ajuka said that ExE is something different and that it's not yet time for it to appear in front of him, which might mean it'll awaken after AxA). Then unless Vali also gets an equivalent power-up to ExE, Ise will have surpassed him then. So the question is if Vali will get a power-up equivalent to ExE like he did with DxD.
Old 2018-02-14, 08:01   Link #2889
kidstandout
From Russia With Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
and Naruto and Sasuke still based on Goku and Vegeta, like i said based on. We don't know, they can be equal but i doubt it, they can be Dragon God but that doesn't mean they must be equal just because they are Dragon God, if that is then every God must be equal because, yeah they are God
Not in the slightest. Sasuke is so far removed from vegeta that to say he is based on vegeta is to say you haven't read naruto. different characterization, different dynamic with his rival, different plot points, different upbringings, different motivations and personality. The only thing they have in common is that they have black hair and are rivals, and even that is done in an entirely different way. Naruto is comparable to goku in only the most superficial ways as well (both orphans who like food).

Using DBZ logic as some sort of justification for speculation in the context of dxd is a poor argument at best. Everything thus far up to this point has shown that vali and issei are relatively balanced rivals. regardless of who has the edge in the future, we have no reason to believe it is going to change into issei becoming a goku clone. If anything EX has already told us that issei and vali are both masters in their respective specialties (issei's being his dragonic power and vali having his own mage cult)
Old 2018-02-14, 08:06   Link #2890
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^True. But I still have to ask you if you're watching Super.
Old 2018-02-14, 08:10   Link #2891
kidstandout
From Russia With Love

edit - didn't see the 'if', nevermind lol

I'm not up to date on super, but last i saw vegeta was still getting owned by goku black despite being super sayan blue

Last edited by kidstandout; 2018-02-14 at 08:24.
Old 2018-02-14, 08:37   Link #2892
Lord Kai

What is with this comparison of Goku and Vegeta? Issei and Vali are more like Sasuke and Naruto of the rivalry perspective. Sasuke has always been ahead of Naruto for most of the series while Naruto has been playing catchup. That's exactly how it is for Issei and Vali. Both Vali and Sasuke are considered geniuses with incredible talent while Issei and Naruto were considered jokes with hard work to make up for their lack of talent in areas. Vegeta is considered a genius by saiyan's standards while Goku is a low class and yet Vegeta been playing catch up to Goku for 95% percent of the series. Even now Vegeta is still playing catch up. Vegeta only got a form surpassing blue which is basically equivalent to Goku's SSB Kaioken. Considering Goku have Ultra Instinct, Vegeta is still playing catch up.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 09:27   Link #2893
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@kidstandout: Well yeah, you're way behind then. Like Lord Kai said, Vegeta got a form that's beyond Super Saiyan Blue. Goku has Ultra Instinct which is said to be a power even Gods of Destruction have difficulty with, and he's going to master it soon according to the title of one of the upcoming episodes (seriously, episode titles giving away spoilers -_-). The arc with Zamasu ended some time ago; neither Goku nor Vegeta managed to beat Zamasu and Goku had to call that dimension's Zenou and ask him to erase everything while Goku and Co. escaped using Trunks' time machine. I think you should really catch up, in part because Super is going to go on hiatus soon anyway (unless it'll end with that as well which is a possibility).

And do you really have to ignore posts that have "if"? I can understand ignoring theories unless they're in their own thread, but that there is not a theory. It's just a question. I'm just asking you whether or not you're up to date with Super.
Old 2018-02-14, 10:11   Link #2894
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

UI is not a power, it is technique, a passive skill. The problem is Goku achieved a new from which not only powerring hum up even more, it also give him UI. And people start confusing UI is a kind of power-up and start bitching about him mastering a thing that G.o.D with millennial ages have difficult with is an asspull while they forget that the new transformation give him both power and technique, he still can't use it casually in any other forms outside of his new form. But i think it is now a thing to disscuss in this thread anyway , on the other hand i waiting for UI Ise
Old 2018-02-14, 10:20   Link #2895
kidstandout
From Russia With Love

@osmon been waiting for the hiatus so i can start catching up

OT- wasn't talking about that if, meant the axa speculation. My stance is i wont talk about that until it happens, it saves the thread from going circles somewhat. If anything @lucidrago should do the same
Old 2018-02-14, 10:28   Link #2896
DragonOsman
Dragon King

My speculation is mainly about ExE being above Dragon God-level. AxA being Dragon God-level is one as well, but it does seem likely if you think about it. Ajuka said it's the end result for Ise who has Great Red and Ophis' powers, so it's likely for it to be Dragon God-level.

I get the feeling ExE will be revealed in the sequel that EX was pointing to. Would especially fit if the series is called ExE, and Ise will also be leading Team ExE in the future. Doubly fits.
Old 2018-02-14, 11:15   Link #2897
Lord Kai

Quick question. What's a devil's whisper?
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 12:09   Link #2898
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That's just a term they use to refer to how a Devil deceives humans. If I understand correctly.
Old 2018-02-14, 15:08   Link #2899
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kai View Post
Quick question. What's a devil's whisper?
Here's an example: Volume 7

"She’s bribing a battle-maiden!"

"B..Buchou….she really seems like an insurance woman now….. So this is what you call a whisper from a devil! Devils do make contracts with humans with greed as their job after all. This is the way of the High-level devil, Buchou’s masterful way of convincing people! I think she has a natural talent like this. This is what you would call a devil!"
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 15:32   Link #2900
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yeah, that's one example of a Devil's whisper. Thanks for bringing that.