AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-23, 23:43   Link #201
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Killing him would also solve the potential problem of him taming the Juggernaut, no matter how small the chance is.

I mean, would you really want to run the risk of it killing everyone and then him somehow managing to control it?
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 03:09   Link #202
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Was it bravery or arrogance on Bell's part? Did he really hope to solo that thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
I understand why people complain about them letting Jura stand there and talk, while doing nothing. But I have one question for those individuals: Do they actually expect Jura accomplishing anything?
No, but there's always the off chance we could be wrong about that.

If you really want some utility, take his whip away, stab him in the legs, and hope eating him will delay the juggernaut.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 10:30   Link #203
Frontier

I mean, if the thing has a magic shield, it probably stands to reason that it has some defense against anyone trying to control it because it seems designed to no-sell practically everything they throw at it.
Old 2022-09-26, 22:29   Link #204
Strahan

Stopped watching S4 for a bit, got bored of the moss guy thing. Finally got caught up. I should've waited a few more days, could've finished it all then. I have to assume since Bell came to a rest near water that mermaid chick is going to snatch him up.

The highlight of the eps so far for me is finding out Cassandra has a smokin body (link NSFW) under those unassuming clothes, lol. Wow. I was going to stitch that panning shot, then I realized someone had to have done it already heh.

It'd be cool if Bell's arm didn't get fixed. I like to see consequences in stories now and again. It's like
Spoiler for TenSura:
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:33   Link #205
Frontier

They weren't kidding naming this episode "Brutal" as we've got our protagonist seemingly killed and the Juggernaut cutting through Adventurer's like their swiss cheese...but luckily Bell's scarf managed to soften the blow enough that he's not actually dead and Ryu can heal him, but that might not be enough .

Ryu's finally had enough and takes the Juggernaut on herself, but as fast and as capable as she is, she's just as hopeless against the Juggernaut. And while severely wounded, the only solace the poor girl can take is that she might see her old friends again in the afterlife. Poor, poor Ryu .

Did these people not just see Bell's Firebolt get reflected back at them!? And they really thought they could hit this thing with magic? They were basically asking to get vaporized, but only Bors survives because he's got named character plot armor. But he also gets Ryu severely injured protecting him, which just makes it worse .

Picking up girls in the dungeon has its perks when you're mermaid love interest wounds herself multiple times to fully heal you and even re-attach your arm! Marie even got a nice hug out of it from Bell! Although I was kind of expecting her to steal a kiss .

Bell vs. Juggernaut round 2! Using his scarf as a shield, Bell is able to fend off more of the Juggernaut's attacks and he's actually able to get some hits in, and realize the Juggernaut is nowhere near as worthy of respect compared to Ais or Bells' Minotaur rival, and Bell even manages to charge his knife and unleash an Argo Vesta after getting his Firebolt reflected back to him...except it wasn't powerful enough to do any lasting damage. The bells did not toll for the Juggernaut quite yet, unfortunately .

Oh, right...Jura is still there. And, to the surprise of no one, his plan to control the Juggernaut ended up getting him bisected. Insert surprise Pikachu face. Although he does end up drawing a remaining Lambton to eat Ryu and Bell with the Juggernaut chasing after them. What a piece of @#$% !

All of Cassandra's efforts ended up being for naught, because even if they did avoid facing the Juggernaut, the rest of Bell's Party has to contend with a Monstrous Rex released early in the Dungeon (probably because of all the unforeseen damage) and they're left facing off against a giant, CG, two-headed crystal dragon beast .

Oh, and here's one last pleasant ED amidst all this tragedy, despair, and death .

So Bell and Ryu survived getting eaten by the Lambton but they've been through it's stomach acids with burns and more wounds (Ryu is almost naked at this point), are now even deeper in the Dungeon into the White Palace, and the Juggernaut is still following them. At least we got an Eina appearance in flashback before we end this cour on the most ominous of notes for Bell and Ryu .
Old Today, 10:18   Link #206
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Bors definitely survived because he was the only one with a name in there. Feel bad for the others being fodder though.

At least Jura died without taming the Juggernaut. Not that I didn't think it'd work but it still doesn't change the fact that they really could have made him shut up last episode even without killing him. He maybe could have run away after getting disarmed(heh), then the Juggernaut appears, then he still tries to tame it by retrieving the whip and still die in the end. That way, less monologuing on his part and less idle from Bell and Ryu.

Is there a big hole from the 27th to the 37th floor for them to have fallen that deep? Don't think the emergence of the Juggernaut plus Jura's bombing did that much to have opened it up 10 floors. I don't understand the dungeon layout sometimes. Nevertheless, that's a really big pinch for both of them, even if Bell got healed up since he got banged up again. Would be interesting to see how they survive from that deep.

yfw Welf is the only one from Hestia Familia to not get a new unit this season in DanMemo. Ouka and Chigusa got one instead.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:19   Link #207
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Did these people not just see Bell's Firebolt get reflected back at them!? And they really thought they could hit this thing with magic? They were basically asking to get vaporized, but only Bors survives because he's got named character plot armor.
To be fair, he used a magic sword rather than pouring everything he had into a powerful magic attack of his own. While the anime showed it as a conjoined beam attack, I like to imagine it's more like each attack fired separately, and thus got repelled separately.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:39   Link #208
AP24

I knew there was going to be an after credit scene. It was the best way to end the cour with that cliffhanger after all. We might get official announcement of second cour tomorrow when it airs on TV in Japan. Should there be a new thread for second cour or we continue using this?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:48   Link #209
Alchemist007
*Author

The 37th layer, The Capital of the Unreturned where adventurers go to die.
Old Today, 12:22   Link #210
EroKing
Version Night

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old Today, 16:09   Link #211
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Bunny Girl Lili .
Old Today, 17:21   Link #212
grecefar

I was going to get really angry if bell bs his way to defeat that monster right there. Thank god it didn't happen.

Nice cliffhanger, I should think loki or freya familia will be there to help.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 17:44   Link #213
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, that was quite the cruel cliffhanger to end the cour on. I'm sure everyone will be just fine, but I want to see how they'll get out of this pinches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Nice cliffhanger, I should think loki or freya familia will be there to help.
Yeah, they're not climbing back up without help. Loki familia feels like a safe bet, especially since it's been a while since we've seen Ais.