AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-06, 22:06   Link #81
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
So yeah, as I thought. It was all Yume's fault for them to break up. I can't understand her "he's talking to another girl, he must be cheating on me" level of jealousy.
Not that I'm justifying it because she really jumped to conclusions because of her own jealousy, but I think she was still reeling from him yelling at her so she was in a bad emotional state when she confronted him.
Old 2022-09-07, 10:47   Link #82
Chosen_Hero

Man, episode 9 convinced me that he should just get over his step sister and go out with the friend, he would probably be happier if he did.
Old 2022-09-07, 11:20   Link #83
EroKing

Episode 10

What a dangerous woman...

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 08:37.
EroKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-07, 11:44   Link #84
Frontier

Ah, cockroaches...a girls' worst enemy! Not that Mizuto is much better because he bails on taking care of it when Yume asks him. But it helps lead these two to finally sleep in the same bed as each other, just minus the hanky-panky, although Yume feels like she wouldn't mind too much if Mizuto made a move .

Mizuto oddly sentimental! Seeing Yume's sleeping face up close makes him finally call her "Ayai" again, but he still holds himself back because of their current familial circumstances and the breakup, which makes his lingering feelings even more difficult .

I love how the parents keep comparing them to couples at various stages in their relationship without knowing just how on-point they are. And visiting family for Obon offers a perfect chance to shop for swimsuits, even if Yume's mom had to point out her...developed figure that no old school swimsuit could contain .

Yume's wearing her new outfit! But she's also sporting her old middle school hairstyle and look so she can appear "incognito," but really it seems like she just wanted an excuse to put Mizuto in glasses .

Yume in that white bikini! Wow! And Mizuto's not sure what to compliment because she looks so amazing !

No surprise that arriving at the spot where they had their first kiss would dredge up old feelings...particularly for Yume because she can't help but want to kiss him again, but Mizuto keeps holding himself back .

Mizuto and Isana are just chilling out together watching an anime movie with Yume stuck as the third wheel commenting on how close they appear to be despite the fact that they're not dating. I mean, a lap pillow? Showing off your cleavage? Scratching said cleavage? Although her moms' reaction was even better .

It's fun watching Isana and Mizuto talk shop! Of course, Isana really does think like an anime LN Otaku up to including all the tropes, cliche's, and wanting to play the 18+ version instead of all ages when it comes to her relationship with Mizuto. She was even tempted to steal a kiss !

Isana's lap is pretty tempting, but in the end Mizuto still chooses Yume. And Just as well, Yume can't imagine herself with any other man but Mizuto, which she's shocked she actually admitted to herself .
Old 2022-09-10, 12:38   Link #85
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
So yeah, as I thought. It was all Yume's fault for them to break up. I can't understand her "he's talking to another girl, he must be cheating on me" level of jealousy.
I don't think he's blameless. Throwing a hissy fit because she has friends is a major red flag. In his defense, he realized that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-10, 13:00   Link #86
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't think he's blameless. Throwing a hissy fit because she has friends is a major red flag. In his defense, he realized that.
Yeah, and he actually apologized for it, but he was still resentful and mad that Yume never apologized for her reaction (even if him still being upset with her is part of why she couldn't bring herself to apologize).
Old 2022-09-10, 14:55   Link #87
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It wasn't the case that she had friends, but more that almost everything she was talking with him was "my friend this", "my friend that" all the time, instead to talk to him about something else. How would you feel if your close friend would suddenly go distant from you and only talk about what his or her friends were talking about? They both are to blame, that's right, but I think that Yume was the one to hit the final nail to the coffin.
Old 2022-09-14, 10:33   Link #88
Frontier

Even after the breakup episode, they haven't quite run out of sweet flashbacks of these two being young and totally in love with each other !

It's got to be surreal for Yume to visit her ex-boyfriends' extended family as his step-sister, although her mom also has to meet her new in-laws for the first time .

Were you not getting enough Yoko Hikasa this season? Because you can never get enough Yoko Hikasa, and here she is as Mizuto's playful and cute cousin Madoka! And she's more than ready to end up being Yume's new wingwoman !

Nothing beats a BBQ by the river! Especially with girls in swimsuits! It's nice to see Yume in her swimsuit again and Madoka's an utter bombshell in that red bikini that the camera is not afraid to show off !

Mizuto and Mineaki have been through a lot...losing Mizuto's mom and Mineaki's first wife and Mineaki having to raise Mizuto by himself this whole time. Maybe that contributed to why Mizuto is so withdrawn to most people, even family .

Yume gets to read the book that seems to have set Mizuto on the path to being a reader, his great-grandfathers' autobiographical novel about his time in a Russian internment camp where he fell in love. And in doing so Yume's feelings and understanding for the boy she thought she knew deepens .

Even despite the fact that they dated, there was so much about Mizuto that Yume didn't understand or know about, something that's been rectified now that they've become family, and in doing so it's lead her to recollect herself and her feelings and realize all the mistakes she made that lead to their breakup. A breakup that, deep down, she still wishes hadn't happened because she still loved him despite all the pain of their relationship. And with tears in her eyes, she cries in front of Irido-kun, and Mizuto calls her Ayai again, and the pair come together and accept their feelings for each other again for one last time .

And, to the surprise of no one, Yume is Mizuto's first love just as he was hers. These two adorable goofballs .
Old 2022-09-14, 10:57   Link #89
Alchemist007
*Author

Well it took 11 eps but we finally got there.

One admits they were being stubborn, and the other stubborn one plays it cool.
Old 2022-09-14, 14:54   Link #90
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Freakin' finally, huh?

Although, what are they gonna do after this? That'll be interesting to see. Will they go full OreImo or Onegai Twins?
Old 2022-09-14, 21:55   Link #91
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Freakin' finally, huh?

Although, what are they gonna do after this? That'll be interesting to see. Will they go full OreImo or Onegai Twins?
I think they're definitely moving past the bitterness of their breakup. And with that in mind, I think the main thing keeping them separated will be the family dynamic and not wanting to upset their parents .
Old 2022-09-21, 10:38   Link #92
Frontier

You can't have a festival episode without yukata! And Madoka and Yume look spectacular in theirs! I especially love Yume's done up side plait with her hair! And even Mizuto gets dressed up! I appreciate it when the guys dress up to instead of just leaving it to the girls. And Yume immediately wants to add it to her Mizuto photo collection .

The things you can get away with when you're step-siblings...like handholding! Or pressing your boobs against his back! And Madoka is enjoying every minute of it .

Oh hey, we even get the parents dressed up! Yuni looks great in her yukata .

Yume now has a far better understanding of Mizuto and his personality, as well as his needs, than she ever did when she was his girlfriend before. Mizuto comes off as a tad antisocial and detached, but he's still caring and attentive. And sometimes he just needs someone to be there for him and look out for him who gets him, like Yume can .

It sounds like Mizuto's mom died during childbirth? But that happening and the way people interacted with him because of it just made Mizuto feel separated from the real world and unable to connect with it, until he started reading novels and found something that could let him learn about the world and humanity. But it wasn't until he met Yume and saw how vulnerable and weak she was that he really started to feel as a human being .

These two are so down bad for each other that their phone passwords are literally the date they first kissed .

Look at the genuine emotion on Mizuto's face as he gets to see the fireworks with Yume properly! He even cried! And on top of that...Yume gives him her first kiss as Yume Irido amidst the firewors! Yume knows that Yume Ayai is still etched deep into his heart, but now she's resolved to make him fall for her as Yume Irido and go full-on with the step-sibling route. She was practically flirty with him when they were leaving .

Why was Chikuma so self-conscious? Did he have a crush on Yume ?

Summer Uniforms! And Kawanami and Isana meet for the first time! And sparks fly! Although Minami is there to keep Kawanami in check while Yume is keeping Mizuto and Isana away from each other .

Mizuto and Yume reflect on their past relationship once again...but while there is still the lingering regret from it, now there is the hope that they can form a new story together as their present-day selves. A new love story .
Old 2022-09-21, 12:30   Link #93
Alchemist007
*Author

So practically backtracks from ep.11 then ends at some weird halfway point of where their relationship really is because conclusions aren't allowed, seems silly. Should have just moved on as siblings, but this is stubborn non-committal once again.

5/10
Old 2022-09-21, 13:24   Link #94
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Why was Chikuma so self-conscious? Did he have a crush on Yume ?
Yeah, in the LN it was more clear. That's also why Madoka felt sorry for him, she realized and she knows it's not going to be reciprocated.

Anyway, this episode killed any chances for a siblings ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
So practically backtracks from ep.11 then ends at some weird halfway point of where their relationship really is because conclusions aren't allowed, seems silly. Should have just moved on as siblings, but this is stubborn non-committal once again.

5/10
Keep in mind this is an adaptation of an ongoing LN series, a definitive ending wasn't possible unless they decided to go for an anime original one.
Old 2022-09-21, 13:40   Link #95
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
unless they decided to go for an anime original one.
Which they probably should have since it was building up to that until the last ep.
Old 2022-09-21, 14:03   Link #96
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yume really has decided to go in on this. It's kind of amusing that she's taken herself as her greatest rival here . Although I guess things have changed enough and the situation has changed enough that it kind of works. The sole seat in his heart remains occupied by Ayai Yume. And it will be a question of who can take that spot first.

Overall I enjoyed the show. There was only so much of a conclusion it could have when the story is unfinished. And it's still a bit awkward how half the side cast disappeared for a good chunk of the show in order to let Isana take the place of two characters .

It was alright. Nothing amazing, but it wasn't bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Yeah, in the LN it was more clear. That's also why Madoka felt sorry for him, she realized and she knows it's not going to be reciprocated.
How much more obvious could the LN get? I thought it was pretty blatant from the first moment Chikuma showed up. I couldn't even get Madoka missing it since she seemed aware of it from the start. But I guess she forgot or something.
Old 2022-09-21, 14:35   Link #97
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yume really has decided to go in on this. It's kind of amusing that she's taken herself as her greatest rival here . Although I guess things have changed enough and the situation has changed enough that it kind of works. The sole seat in his heart remains occupied by Ayai Yume. And it will be a question of who can take that spot first.

Overall I enjoyed the show. There was only so much of a conclusion it could have when the story is unfinished. And it's still a bit awkward how half the side cast disappeared for a good chunk of the show in order to let Isana take the place of two characters .

It was alright. Nothing amazing, but it wasn't bad.
How much more obvious could the LN get? I thought it was pretty blatant from the first moment Chikuma showed up. I couldn't even get Madoka missing it since she seemed aware of it from the start. But I guess she forgot or something.
In the novel we got scenes of Chikuma acting shy in front of Yume after she was thinking that boys usually have their first love for an older girl in order to accept that Madoka was Mizuto's first.
Old 2022-09-21, 15:17   Link #98
Frontier

Quote:

5/10
I don't really see any back-tracking. Yume's made peace with their past and her past mistakes and is determined to win Mizuto back as who she is now, even if it means competing with the memory he has of her middle school self.
Old 2022-09-21, 15:31   Link #99
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't really see any back-tracking.
She explained herself in the penultimate ep, and kissed him this ep, but her overall attitude is about the same as the show closes. Not saying she hasn't changed at all, just not as much as those events were leading up to.
Old 2022-09-21, 16:52   Link #100
Frontier

Quote:
She explained herself in the penultimate ep, and kissed him this ep, but her overall attitude is about the same as the show closes. Not saying she hasn't changed at all, just not as much as those events were leading up to.
I think her behavior around him when they're about to leave and how forcibly she pried him and Isana away from each other shows there've been some changes to how she's going to act around him now. At least that was my takeaway.

Tags
harem, love triangle