AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-03, 15:50   Link #12481
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
R+V season1 anime followed the manga at certain points with alot more fanservice than the manga and with a re-done scenes. Like i.e. Ruby was the last girl to be added in the anime, while in the manga Mizore was the last girl added to the harem. Ruby in R+VCAPU2 anime did alot of dressing up.

Also the good thing in the seaon1 anime that it's not censored. The Capu2 anime have Kokoa's bat and Yukari's pedo bear design on her panties as mascot censors.DVD rips have no bat censors.

Speaking of anime FANSERVICE.
Spoiler for NSFW:
Well I think I'm going to stick with the manga ( at least for now ), and if I find some time for it, then I'm going to watch the anime. Well, from what I can tell, you guys are saying that it doesn't fallow the manga, right ? So it's just fanservice with no actual plot ? At least that's what I'm thinking right now ??
What about the voice acting is it good ( I mean does it at least fallow the characters image from the manga. Maybe at least this will convince me to watch it, because after what you guys told me, I'm honestly not too eager to watch the anime of RV in the near future.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 16:04   Link #12482
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well I think I'm going to stick with the manga ( at least for now ), and if I find some time for it, then I'm going to watch the anime. Well, from what I can tell, you guys are saying that it doesn't fallow the manga, right ? So it's just fanservice with no actual plot ? At least that's what I'm thinking right now ??
What about the voice acting is it good ( I mean does it at least fallow the characters image from the manga. Maybe at least this will convince me to watch it, because after what you guys told me, I'm honestly not too eager to watch the anime of RV in the near future.
First season of anime is following first half of Rosiario to Vampire I. Just a lots of fanservice was added, and almost all Tsukune garness was removed. A lots of differences, but anime plot at least is resembling manga plot. Second season of anime... lets say, just fanservice. Few episodes is somehow related to manga, but there is no real plot.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 16:39   Link #12483
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Well I think I'm going to stick with the manga ( at least for now ), and if I find some time for it, then I'm going to watch the anime. Well, from what I can tell, you guys are saying that it doesn't fallow the manga, right ? So it's just fanservice with no actual plot ? At least that's what I'm thinking right now ?? What about the voice acting is it good ( I mean does it at least fallow the characters image from the manga. Maybe at least this will convince me to watch it, because after what you guys told me, I'm honestly not too eager to watch the anime of RV in the near future.
Just skip the anime. Unless you wanna see lame gags and pantsu shots every 5 seconds.

I felt the voice acting was OK. Tsukune sounded like a wimp. Period!

I found Outer Moka's voice irritatingly high pitched. Even though it was same VA for both Outer/Inner Moka, I thought Inner's was voice too deep. So, for me, Moka was a miss as well.

The rest of the voices were actually pretty good.

As for the anime character designs, they kinda follow the art found in the first volume of the manga. They had the more cartoony look. I much prefer the art and character designs in the later chapters of S1 and all of S2.

The girls, with the excepts of Yukari and Kokoa, were drawn with MUCH larger boobs than in the manga. And Moka's grow much larger as Inner Moka. It may appeal to some, but I didn't like it. The girls in the manga are drawn much more natural looking. Although, ironically, manga Outer Moka's breasts do gain a cup size when she becomes Inner according to the official manga guide book. This growth isn't illustrated in manga - Outer/Inner's bodies are exactly the same. And since her sizes were given in Japanese measurements, the gain isn't actually much or that noticeable, unlike the anime would lead you to believe.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 17:31   Link #12484
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I can sum it up in a simple sentence:

the anime is an abomination compared to the manga

then again, it was done by GONZO... and if you've been following any of their releases within the past few years, you'll find that they're tossing out plot for fanservice in most of their releases

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 20:33   Link #12485
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post

then again, it was done by GONZO... and if you've been following any of their releases within the past few years, you'll find that they're tossing out plot for fanservice in most of their releases
Well, it backfired on them terribly. They declared bankruptcy and lost the Strike Witches franchise.

Hopefully, they'd sell the anime license for R+V to someone who could redo the anime and give it the awesomeness it deserves.
Old 2009-12-03, 23:50   Link #12486
Chris38

Well, I think I get the picture, and as far as I'm concerned I'm gonna stick to the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
Well, it backfired on them terribly. They declared bankruptcy and lost the Strike Witches franchise.

Hopefully, they'd sell the anime license for R+V to someone who could redo the anime and give it the awesomeness it deserves.
Well, you know, maybe they have gone bankrupt to avoid the wrath of Tsukune and Moka ( in their vampire forms ). Well seriously I think they deserved what they got ... if they did such a crappy adaptation of RV .... I mean it's not like they didn't have a plot that could be fallowed by them. It's just for some reason they choose not to fallow the RV manga and that was their doom.

Well, I think I have heard enough about the anime , so could we move to a different topic.

For example, does anyone know when the translation of the current chapter is going to be released ?
Old 2009-12-03, 23:55   Link #12487
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Never ask for when a translation/scanlation of a chapter will be released.. the golden rule is, It'll be released when it's released. Asking about it usually pisses the translators off...

Old 2009-12-04, 00:19   Link #12488
Chris38

Quote:
Never ask for when a translation/scanlation of a chapter will be released.. the golden rule is, It'll be released when it's released. Asking about it usually pisses the translators off...
Sorry, well I have waited 1 month for a new chapter, I could wait a few more days.

Spoiler for Kokoa,Chapter 25:

Do you think that Kokoa is going to join Tsukune's harem, well if we take this scene, then she could be also developing feelings for Tsukune. ( Notice that similarity between Kokoa's and Kurumu's expressions ... )
Old 2009-12-04, 02:59   Link #12489
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
If anything, just watch the first 3 episodes of the first season and the first of the second season. At least those keep to the manga story somewhat, and give you an idea about the voices and whatnot. Any others worth of watching would be the one that Kenji has the capture of in the previous posts, and a couple others.

Quote:
I felt the voice acting was OK. Tsukune sounded like a wimp. Period!

I found Outer Moka's voice irritatingly high pitched. Even though it was same VA for both Outer/Inner Moka, I thought Inner's was voice too deep. So, for me, Moka was a miss as well.
If that's what you think, then about 95% of all anime females voices are too high pitched. Our western tastes can't handle the Japanese affinity to high pitched voices that they think/say is so cute. For Inner Moka, they obviously didn't interpret it correctly. It was Supposed to sound powerful, commanding, intimidating, and elegant, without trying to sound masculine. They failed...

But if you want to really be disturbed about voices, let me present you of the OTHER extreme you might not have ever thought of.

In the video below, fast forward to about 4:15 and you'll see what I mean...
that is, IF you don't fall out of your chair laughing your ass off.

I would have to say, that if I really wanted to insult someone's sensitivity, I would cast voices like that for female characters no matter how cute and feminine they were. Be happy and thankful they never pulled this gag in R+V, you'd be traumatized. (but the rest of the video here is quite funny too, hitting on the subject of greasy sumo wrestlers, and snobby rich wannabes, etc. etc.)
Quote:
The rest of the voices were actually pretty good.
Except for Tsukune. Wimp all the way. I guess the anime's writers have major inferiority complexes that they feel they have to take away a character's GARness because they themselves can't imagine the wonders of it.

Quote:

Yes, and Gonzo is paying for that. But I highly doubt we will see something from anyone else with that.... unless it's done by another studio. I would recommend AIC as one. If anyone else can name others that might be faithful to the look and feel of the manga, please speak up, we all may have thought about it at one time or another.
Old 2009-12-04, 03:45   Link #12490
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
If anything, just watch the first 3 episodes of the first season and the first of the second season. At least those keep to the manga story somewhat, and give you an idea about the voices and whatnot. Any others worth of watching would be the one that Kenji has the capture of in the previous posts, and a couple others.

If that's what you think, then about 95% of all anime females voices are too high pitched. Our western tastes can't handle the Japanese affinity to high pitched voices that they think/say is so cute. For Inner Moka, they obviously didn't interpret it correctly. It was Supposed to sound powerful, commanding, intimidating, and elegant, without trying to sound masculine. They failed...

But if you want to really be disturbed about voices, let me present you of the OTHER extreme you might not have ever thought of.

I would have to say, that if I really wanted to insult someone's sensitivity, I would cast voices like that for female characters no matter how cute and feminine they were. Be happy and thankful they never pulled this gag in R+V, you'd be traumatized. (but the rest of the video here is quite funny too, hitting on the subject of greasy sumo wrestlers, and snobby rich wannabes, etc. etc.)
Except for Tsukune. Wimp all the way. I guess the anime's writers have major inferiority complexes that they feel they have to take away a character's GARness because they themselves can't imagine the wonders of it.

Yes, and Gonzo is paying for that. But I highly doubt we will see something from anyone else with that.... unless it's done by another studio. I would recommend AIC as one. If anyone else can name others that might be faithful to the look and feel of the manga, please speak up, we all may have thought about it at one time or another.
Ha Ha Ha .. whoops .... crash .... ouch, It seems I really fell of my chair. Well I might consider what you suggested to me GrrDraxin. At least if I don't die, when I hear the voices of the characters. The fragment of the anime you showed me is also made by Gonzo I presume. . .

Well I think that RV deserves a decent animation, but it seems it's probable that it won't, which is a shame. What I would want to see Tsukune being GAR in th anime.

And GrrDraxin it's probably true that the writers of the RV anime felt inferior to Tsukune and wanted to drag him down to their level.
Old 2009-12-04, 04:21   Link #12491
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
For some reason Nana Mizuki's voice for Moka rubbed me the wrong way. I can stand most of the high pitched voices - I even find some pretty cute. I just couldn't stand Moka's - both Inner and Outer. Oddly, I think the VA for Shizuku from Kampfer or the VA for Senjougahara from Bakemongatari could have pulled off a great Inner/Outer Moka.

Quote:

That was quite funny Yes, I'm thankful they at least didn't go that route

Quote:
I did say that Tsukune's voice was wimpy. It seemed like the writers didn't even bother to read the manga. They just thought, "Oh. It's the typical wimpy hero who gets himself an unwanted harem, lets make him sound like a pussy."
Old 2009-12-04, 04:23   Link #12492
GrrDraxin

Quote:
Ha Ha Ha .. whoops .... crash .... ouch, It seems I really fell of my chair. Well I might consider what you suggested to me GrrDraxin. At least if I don't die, when I hear the voices of the characters. The fragment of the anime you showed me is also made by Gonzo I presume. . .

Well I think that RV deserves a decent animation, but it seems it's probable that it won't, which is a shame. What I would want to see Tsukune being GAR in th anime.

And GrrDraxin it's probably true that the writers of the RV anime felt inferior to Tsukune and wanted to drag him down to their level.
The original Kiddy Grade that this is a sequel to was done by Gonzo, but this one is not, it's done by Satelight. So it's already got a thumbs up in my book.

It's good that you're considering that. But don't jump on that bandwagon just yet, watch only the recommended episodes that won't make your eyes, ears (or even your brain for lack of plot) bleed, I'll try and compile a episode list that will hopefully prevent you from having R+V pantyshot nightmares.

It's probably fairly common in a lot of anime. If the character has more charm and GAR than the script writers, they get intimidated being compared and so make the character far more of a wuss than they were originally depicted in the source material. Unless it was a rape hentai manga, then they go overboard on making the females look even more pitiful and suffer more than they were originally.

Quote:
For some reason Nana Mizuki's voice for Moka rubbed me the wrong way. I can stand most of the high pitched voices - some I even find cute. I just couldn't stand Moka's - both Inner and Outer.

That was quite funny Yes, I'm thankful they at least didn't go that route

I did say that Tsukune's voice was wimpy. It seemed like the writers didn't even bother to read the manga. They just thought, "Oh. It's the typical wimpy hero who gets himself an unwanted harem, lets make him sound like a pussy."
Well, who would you have liked to play as Moka and Tsukune then? I may not be in any way a seiyu guru, but at least there must be someone that you think could have filled both parts better.

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2009-12-04 at 04:46.
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 04:49   Link #12493
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Well, who would you have liked to play as Moka then? I may not be in any way a seiyu guru, but at least there must be someone that you think could have filled both parts better.
Heh, I guess I was a little slow to edit my post. I'm not a seiyuu expert either but I like the two that I mentioned for Moka in my edit. They would be either the VA for Shizuku of Kampfer or the VA for Senjougahara of Bakemonogatari.

As for Tsunkune, as long as it's someone who doesn't sound wimpy.
Old 2009-12-04, 05:20   Link #12494
Arturro

Quote:
It's probably fairly common in a lot of anime. If the character has more charm and GAR than the script writers, they get intimidated being compared and so make the character far more of a wuss than they were originally depicted in the source material.
You just reminded me about Velkin from Valkyria Chronicles in anime adaptation. Gyaaah my eyes ale melting!

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 05:32   Link #12495
GrrDraxin

Okay, so either could pull off a deadpan inner Moka, and looking at their credentials, maybe even outer Moka. Anyone that could pull off cutesy characters like Neneko Izumi from DearS(Chiwa Saito), or Chiriri from Bottle Fairy(Kaori Nazuka) could probably make it work. But if the anime ever gets licensed outside Japan, then we'll really have an issue going for who to choose there.

So here's my own guide to the anime, I took some time to skim through both seasons, and as expected, Capu 2 fails to even bother keeping with even half of the manga story elements. But the thing you'll notice is the elements are there, but the context is different for most of the anime compared to the manga. At least someone here has to stick up to the anime. It may be bad, but it's worth more than a couple still images that pop up every now and then, and I'm not referring to the manga, in case someone misinterprets that line.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
You just reminded me about Velkin from Valkyria Chronicles in anime adaptation. Gyaaah my eyes are melting!

How nice of you to give us that visual.

I have no frame of reference for Valkyria Chronicles, so I have no idea just how bad it supposedly is. I haven't played the game (don't have a console to play it on) and I didn't take an interest in the anime, because it's very rare that I get interesting in RPG fantasy game based anime.

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2009-12-04 at 08:19.
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 09:12   Link #12496
Chris38

Well, since someone, once the latest chapter was released, and asked why we haven't seen Tsukune's training sessions with Inner Moka lately, well maybe that's, because the author is planing for Tsukune to have a big fight soon (probably with someone from Fairy Tail ) and wants to keep us in suspense, by not reveling Tsukune's current strength. so that his coming fights won't become a bit too predictable in their outcome.

Last edited by Chris38; 2009-12-04 at 09:29.
Old 2009-12-04, 11:55   Link #12497
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Tsukune needs to train with either Gin or Miyamoto to learn new techniques. Zero Fists and the fastest hand groping speed technique would be nice to his skills.
Old 2009-12-04, 13:06   Link #12498
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Tsukune needs to train with either Gin or Miyamoto to learn new techniques. Zero Fists and the fastest hand groping speed technique would be nice to his skills.
I seriously don't think that is ever gonna happen, so far it seems like Gin will only train girls, and Miyamoto Loli's. And if we add the fact that sometime they are jealous of Tsukune's harem. Well I also don't know if you can call what Gin does training. And I don't think that Tsukune is even qualified to use the techniques you mentioned. I mean yes he is fast, but not as fast as a werewolf.

Well, still it would be nice if he learned something new, I just don't think it's very probable for Tsukune to learn the techniques Gin or Miyamoto use. I would like to be wrong, but I just don't see it going that way.

And, most importantly do you think that Inner Moka is going to allow Tsukune to train under someone else as her. It's probably the only way she can deepen her relationship with Tsukune. And if not then what is your take on this. For me Tsukune's training isn't just making him stronger it helps him unstertand Inner Moka more and it's not like the Headmaster is allowing Inner Moka to have the Belmont whip all the time, and if we take what she said during her date with Tsukune, it's not like she can make Tsukune take of her Rosario whenever she wants. And I don't think that Inner Moka hasn't got some techniques of her own. It's just that she isn't using them, well I mean what would you call this, I think it qualifies as a technique doesn't it.
Old 2009-12-04, 13:08   Link #12499
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Keep in mind the real purpose of the training: to make Tsukune into boyfriend material for her...

Old 2009-12-04, 13:17   Link #12500
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

In vamp mode he'll be fast and strong enough to learn Gin and Miyamoto's technique. Tsukune needs to blackmail persuade them if he ever wants to become strong for his girls.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire