AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-02, 00:23   Link #15941
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
He's just that efficient. Remember, this is a guy who wrote Volume 2 of Index back when it was starting, in 17 days.
Wow Kamachi is my hero!! but i guess you have to have alot of the story sorted out before you can even publish the first vol
Old 2012-01-02, 00:50   Link #15942
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
He's just that efficient. Remember, this is a guy who wrote Volume 2 of Index back when it was starting, in 17 days.
Actually it makes more sense now, remember that there it was a pretty good time gap between NT 2 and 3, so a lot of things could have happened there.

I have no clue no how fast is progressing Heavy Object, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worst
Basically, those two tsunderes are saying everything is going to be okay
As expected, she should get some sort of prize.
Old 2012-01-02, 00:52   Link #15943
leukrota

17% on Chapter 5

Mikoto and Accelerator working together, with Worst being the only one having a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arson88 View Post
Hopefully Kamachi-sensei is actually enjoying the New Years celebration.
Hopefully, cause I'm already sick of the celebration, the ppl in the town I live in have been noisily partying day an night, almost non stop since dec 12 and don't plan to stop till jan 6... This time of the year is hellish for me, I definitely don't get enough sleep.

Still, happy new year everyone.
Old 2012-01-02, 01:01   Link #15944
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post

Hopefully, cause I'm already sick of the celebration, the ppl in the town I live in have been noisily partying day an night, almost non stop since dec 12 and don't plan to stop till jan 6... This time of the year is hellish for me, I definitely don't get enough sleep.

Its been the same were i am. The Fireworks have been going off every single night
Old 2012-01-02, 01:51   Link #15945
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It would also explain why there's a number of things that might contradict the rest of the story, for example magic affecting the rest of Kamijou's body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalvin_billster1091 View Post
Its been the same were i am. The Fireworks have been going off every single night

Wow seriously? My people only celebrated on the night itself, the next day it's business as usual
Old 2012-01-02, 02:01   Link #15946
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It would also explain why there's a number of things that might contradict the rest of the story, for example magic affecting the rest of Kamijou's body.
I'm interested in what you're talking about here. Care to list other plot holes (if they can be called that)?
Old 2012-01-02, 03:03   Link #15947
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I'm interested in what you're talking about here. Care to list other plot holes (if they can be called that)?

Well the most common one I had to deal with before was how in Volume 2 the Alchemist's magic could affect the rest of Kamijou's body except for his hand but later on every other volume afterwards have Imagine Breaker provide some minor defence to the rest of his body, eg. Divine Punishment.
Old 2012-01-02, 03:53   Link #15948
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Divine Punishment.
Well, consider the effects of that particular spell.

Quote:
The spell works by stripping away oxygen inside the victim's body, leaving the minimum necessary amount as to not hinder brain and organ functions, forcing the physical body to go into a state like an animal's hibernation period in order to preserve survival.
Given that this is concerned with oxygen supplying, wouldn't Imagine Breaker be able to stop such deprivation of oxygen?
Old 2012-01-02, 09:34   Link #15949
desrtsku
Nympholept

Probably, IB cancels any supernatural effects as long as the boy's right hand is targeted by it or among the sets of targets or touch the target. If Divine Punishment's oxygen deprivation effect harms one's body on the metabolism level (I mean cellular respiration), then his right hand should also be affected by it thus the spell should be canceled ... whereas, things like "memory erasing" only affects his brain, "suffocation" aim for his throat or lungs, etc ...
Old 2012-01-02, 11:33   Link #15950
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Given that this is concerned with oxygen supplying, wouldn't Imagine Breaker be able to stop such deprivation of oxygen?
It kinda depends on the effect, the best general example that I can think of is some effects from Oriana's flash cards; like the spell that was used on Fukiyose which was a "single time use", so once the moment that Fukiyose touched it she unknowingly sent the spell activate and then it wasn't effective anymore; in that case Touma touching her solved the issue since she only suffered the side effects of the spell, and the spell was technically no longer working.

When Oriana used her spell to target wounds on Tsuchimikado, we had that once the spell was activated it keept working on the target until the actual spell ran out, so touching Tsuchimikado was like touching Innocentius and had definitive dispelling no effect.

Now, considering that Touma touched a bunch of unconscious people early on the novel (when he checked the health of the Anti-skill crew and when he moved the people out of the falling restaurant onto the street) and none of them woke up we have that it's likely that Divine Punishment works constantly on the target until the spell is destroyed, and thus it's likely that Touma's hand can negate the spell before it targets a person, but not after that happens.
Old 2012-01-02, 14:15   Link #15951
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Now, considering that Touma touched a bunch of unconscious people early on the novel (when he checked the health of the Anti-skill crew and when he moved the people out of the falling restaurant onto the street) and none of them woke up we have that it's likely that Divine Punishment works constantly on the target until the spell is destroyed, and thus it's likely that Touma's hand can negate the spell before it targets a person, but not after that happens.
*sigh* this is getting more and more confusing. Well, the spell was obviously permanent to begin with (Superman explicitly said that destroying the cross was the only way to wake the victims). Also, I reckon there wasn't the usual imagine breaker activation sound unlike with Tsuchimikado when he touched them (at least I don't remember there was or is it me?) nor they did temporarily get better (like LO or Tsuchimikado again). So it's better to assume from that position that the body itself isn't directly targeted by the spell (thus IB won't even temporarily alter the spell by touching them ... the target must be the soul or the spirit itself and the lack of oxygen is just an aftereffect and leaving the question if IB can really protect Touma against such a spell) or that Touma just didn't touch "where he should have touched" ... or it's just a huge plot-hole.
But regardless of DP, C2F is still right there's still many inconsistencies in there, for instance : people can't read his mind but Aureolus can mess up with it
Old 2012-01-02, 16:01   Link #15952
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

^Actually iirc. That mind reading part in the sherry arc was because he accidentally touched the link that does that.
Old 2012-01-03, 09:10   Link #15953
desrtsku
Nympholept

oh!!! Then it's perfect!! Thanks Gil-san!
Old 2012-01-03, 16:13   Link #15954
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Chapter 5 at 30% coincidentally, Sumeragi's question is kinda revisited here.

I don't know if it is because I'm exceptionally drunk or something, but I have a hard time following who is who in the narration.
Old 2012-01-03, 18:51   Link #15955
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Chapter 5 at 30% coincidentally, Sumeragi's question is kinda revisited here.
Which question?
Old 2012-01-03, 19:08   Link #15956
leukrota

^ Dunno why he pointed at you, but I'm guessing he's talking about the recently renewed discussion about how magic affects Touma's body.
Old 2012-01-03, 20:06   Link #15957
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yup, there we go- Saronia's magic was able to affect Touma's left arm, but even after touching it with his Right Hand the effect doesn't dispel.
Old 2012-01-03, 20:27   Link #15958
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So it means that it requires a spell which continuously affects the target to render the Imagine Breaker useless.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-01-03, 20:37   Link #15959
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
So it means that it requires a spell which continuously affects the target to render the Imagine Breaker useless.
Why didn't Divine Punishment work against Touma then? It's not a one-shot spell.
Old 2012-01-03, 20:46   Link #15960
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hmm... The only possible explanation is that the Imagine Breaker also rejects the effects of spells that have a whole body-effect.
Not really sure about that, since I haven't memorized every single esper ability and magic spell encountered by Kamijou Touma within twenty-five volumes.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen