AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-01, 17:05   Link #741
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
I actually think you can find out just from next week.

If Murder Case is shown all in one episode, you know they're either rushing to the main arc, or looking forward past SAO.

If it's in two episodes, it'll probably pace to the end of vol.1 by the last episode.
i don't think you can tell just by the "Murder Case."

Quote:
9 - Dinner/Floor74
10 - Floor 74 Boss/Duel with heathcliff
11 - Durendal/16.5+marriage/
12 - Yui
13 - Fishing/Floor 75 boss fight
14 - Fight with Heathcliff+epilogue
readjust a bit
Old 2012-08-01, 17:12   Link #742
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that depends on how much material is there per arc.

Horizon for example is currently doing 1 arc per cour and SAO is confirm as 2 cour show.
Ghost Hunt was about 3-4 eps per arc.
SAO actually have quite plenty of materials for the SAO arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
That's not true, most adaptations of LNs cover the first arc in about 3-6 episodes. Because most LNs have the first volume as a stand-alone arc.
It's true for those that have the first arc as the stand-alone. But if the first arc of a LN is following the plot correctly instead of a stand-alone, it'll be made into an arc per season type
Old 2012-08-01, 17:19   Link #743
styr

As much as I am looking forward to the ALO arc, I really wouldn't mind them stretching out the entire SAO arc to last 2 cour. I'd love it, in fact. Would give them plenty of time to put in more LN info and do SAO right with all the plot and side stories developed properly, however with the current pacing I am very doubtful that this will occur.

I've had this feeling for a while now that they were going to do both SAO and ALO arc ever since I saw Ayana Taketatsu was voicing Suguha. I find it extremely doubtful the studio would hire such a popular seiyuu like her for only a couple lines of dialogue. Voicing tsundere imouto is what she does best and building the Kirito harem means more figurines! Real life version and in-game avatar version for double the figurines! Just kidding, just kidding... although I might not be too far off base either.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 18:40   Link #744
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
That's not true, most adaptations of LNs cover the first arc in about 3-6 episodes. Because most LNs have the first volume as a stand-alone arc.
That's quite true, I was surprised when I found out that Hyouka was already in volume 4 LOL and it's on it's 2nd cour already. xD

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 19:00   Link #745
n120cky

I hope the anime series goes until Kirito and Asuna met in RL.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 19:17   Link #746
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
SAO actually have quite plenty of materials for the SAO arc
Yes but they skipped those side stories and already massively shortened Aria which could have lasted 2 episodes. Also I'm pretty sure the author hasn't written about what happened in the laughing coffin crusade except for mentioning it in GGO arc, so why would they make an episode about it.

I see SAO ending at episode 13, and ALO arc starting afterwards and using the last 12 episodes. Personally I have no idea how ALO will last 12 episodes, as others have said it's quite fast paced and could easily be done in 9 or so.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 20:08   Link #747
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Also I'm pretty sure the author hasn't written about what happened in the laughing coffin crusade except for mentioning it in GGO arc, so why would they make an episode about it.
It's mentioned in passing (but in reasonable detail) in the SAO arc also. But as far as I know it's not part of any side story so there's no reason to animate it, or rather there really is not enough material to do so except as an anime original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
As much as I am looking forward to the ALO arc, I really wouldn't mind them stretching out the entire SAO arc to last 2 cour. I'd love it, in fact. Would give them plenty of time to put in more LN info and do SAO right with all the plot and side stories developed properly, however with the current pacing I am very doubtful that this will occur.
Personally, I'd love to see GGO on screen. But I guess it's not going to happen, at least not this season.

Quote:
9 - Dinner/Floor74
10 - Floor 74 Boss/Duel with heathcliff
11 - Durendal/16.5+marriage/
12 - Yui
13 - Fishing/Floor 75 boss fight
14 - Fight with Heathcliff+epilogue
Sounds reasonable to me. With Yui in there it should last 5-6 episodes. Well, 16.5 has a 0% chance of making it on screen though. But maybe we can get Algade Showdown instead? Also, can I haz tiem mashin to go to three months from now and marathon this?

Quote:
I see SAO ending at episode 13, and ALO arc starting afterwards and using the last 12 episodes. Personally I have no idea how ALO will last 12 episodes, as others have said it's quite fast paced and could easily be done in 9 or so.
Even 9 sounds like a stretch to me. ALO is long at two volumes but not much actually happens. The side trip to the land of the evil gods could be cut entirely, for instance, since it's basically just setup for later side stories. That's like 1/5 of the content right there. I guess if they don't cut too much and include lots still shots of Kirito visiting Asuna's hospital bed they could maybe stretch it to 9 episodes.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 20:18   Link #748
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Personally, I'd love to see GGO on screen. But I guess it's not going to happen, at least not this season.
you might

Ep15 SAO Epi+RL, end with Kirito logging into ALO
Ep16 Meeting Sugu/Fight in the tunnel
Ep17 Duel with Salamender/Jouthim(sp?)
Ep18 Wrold tree city+issue with Sugu
Ep19-Ep20 Invading the World Tree/reinforcement/boss fight+Epilogue

ALO could be done in 6 eps.
Old 2012-08-01, 20:39   Link #749
Xacual

Quote:
you might

Ep15 SAO Epi+RL, end with Kirito logging into ALO
Ep16 Meeting Sugu/Fight in the tunnel
Ep17 Duel with Salamender/Jouthim(sp?)
Ep18 Wrold tree city+issue with Sugu
Ep19-Ep20 Invading the World Tree/reinforcement/boss fight+Epilogue

ALO could be done in 6 eps.
You're ignoring all the Asuna scenes, also not to mention the scenes that took place in slyph city. Jotenheim was also a decently long bit of volume 4. Oh and the big scene with Kirito falling into depression after meeting Sugou and being cheered up by Suguha. There's a lot of stuff that happens before Kirito logs into ALO for the first time.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 22:07   Link #750
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
You're ignoring all the Asuna scenes, also not to mention the scenes that took place in slyph city. Jotenheim was also a decently long bit of volume 4. Oh and the big scene with Kirito falling into depression after meeting Sugou and being cheered up by Suguha. There's a lot of stuff that happens before Kirito logs into ALO for the first time.
Which in my point of view makes it quite impossible to do Fairy Dance arc before season 1 ends without leaving a gap in the airing time between season 1 and 2 if they do Fairy Dance
Old 2012-08-01, 22:43   Link #751
Divini
Senpai!

Murder is definitely going to be 2 episodes. Every scene shown was from the first half of the story.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 23:30   Link #752
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:

Murder is definitely going to be 2 episodes. Every scene shown was from the first half of the story.
Interesting. Perhaps the second part may be called Laughing Coffin?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 00:49   Link #753
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Interesting. Perhaps the second part may be called Laughing Coffin?
probably not, since LC only appear in the last bit. Most likely Murder Part 2.
Old 2012-08-02, 01:16   Link #754
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
probably not, since LC only appear in the last bit. Most likely Murder Part 2.
Would be nice if there's an episode specially for the LC crusade which tells all the details(from the months of recon and failed attempts)
Old 2012-08-02, 02:48   Link #755
Clarste
Human

While everyone else seems to love the idea of having that story told in full, either by the author or the anime, personally I feel like it would ruin the Phantom Bullet arc. Having it only known through bits and pieces, fragmented memories, etc, reinforces the idea that this was a traumatic experience that Kirito wants to forget. Which is kind of necessary to believe that he has PTSD all of a sudden. Which is, well, the entire story of the arc.

Honestly, we know enough anyway. What more could possibly be added to that, other than the gritty and gruesome details about how all these people died? Seems almost sadistic to want them to show it. It's not a heroic battle with cool fight scenes, it's just an ugly scene of people killing each other because they don't know any other way to live.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 02:52   Link #756
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
While everyone else seems to love the idea of having that story told in full, either by the author or the anime, personally I feel like it would ruin the Phantom Bullet arc. Having it only known through bits and pieces, fragmented memories, etc, reinforces the idea that this was a traumatic experience that Kirito wants to forget. Which is kind of necessary to believe that he has PTSD all of a sudden. Which is, well, the entire story of the arc.

Honestly, we know enough anyway. What more could possibly be added to that, other than the gritty and gruesome details about how all these people died? Seems almost sadistic to want them to show it. It's not a heroic battle with cool fight scenes, it's just an ugly scene of people killing each other because they don't know any other way to live.
Infact that might be better. A dark-side battle on SAO arc like that needs to be shown to implore how insane the Laughing Coffins are
Old 2012-08-02, 05:58   Link #757
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

Is it just me or Asuna looks angry for whole time in this preview?
Sixth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 06:01   Link #758
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Would be nice if there's an episode specially for the LC crusade which tells all the details(from the months of recon and failed attempts)
Yes it would plus maybe the anime may shows who betrayed LC crusade. But then it would mot be canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Is it just me or Asuna looks angry for whole time in this preview?
Yeah she was a tsundere during this SS.

If this as most of are saying gets 2 episodes, I will be happy.
I wish the could have done this for RNR too.
But do we still have any confermation that there will be a total of 25-26 episode's?
Old 2012-08-02, 06:28   Link #759
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Agreed. Well, given the amount of dialogue and scenes and twists, there's no way this would've fit into one episode to begin with. There's only so much you can cut away

Also: we knew it was going to happen this week but I sure am glad that we're back to having Asuna on screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I wish the could have done this for RNR too.
But there was basically no material left in RNR and no substantial cuts were made. Just the little bit about how he saved them in the forest and the meta-story about hunting the ants. That's not enough to fill a whole episode IMHO. It's just my opinion but I think RNR was really well adapted.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 06:38   Link #760
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
But there was basically no material left in RNR and no substantial cuts were made. Just the little bit about how he saved them in the forest and the meta-story about hunting the ants. That's not enough to fill a whole episode IMHO. It's just my opinion but I think RNR was really well adapted.
It probably would have been better to pad it out, really. Basically the problem was that we had no time to form an attachment. Because the story is about Kirito dealing with the aftermath of Sachi's death, we had her introduced and then killed in half an episode. It's just a bit hard to care much when it happens so fast. The LN version of the story didn't need to prep you for it because you'd already read the main story where Kirito mentioned it.

If they devoted one full episode to the guild, ending with their deaths, and then another episode to him chasing down the Christmas story, it probably would have been much better even with anime-original padding.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote