AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-07-19, 23:59   Link #1701
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I find it awkward when people call this show slow while I find it horribly rushed lol

Anyways, I think I have fear on how Yokohama will be adapted. Also, the lack of back story of Tatsuya that might not be animated after all may lower opinions of the show. And I don't even know if this series will get another season.
That's the irony of it. People who have read the LN know how rushed the show is while people who haven't will find it incredibly slow.

Personally, I think Mahouka is a series that wouldn't translate to well into the main stream anime we see these days. It's fine in the novels since we get to see the thought process of Tatsuya and the other characters, which prevents it from getting boring but it becomes problematic whenever the studio doing the adaptation leaves that crucial element out.
TonyC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 01:59   Link #1702
Ultragunner

^ to be honest, that was also the case for The Lord of The Rings as well! But how did the movies turned out? I hate to bring it up again, but LoTR is just a fine example of how a "impossible-to-adapt" piece of work

Have you read the books of LoTR? Gosh, there are a lot (And I mean it, tons of) expositions. What did PJ do? "Screw that!" We ain't gonna fit all of those in the movie!" , and he had to break the book down to just the essential AND comprehensive stuffs. In order to pull the audience in, he established magnificent shots of secenary (instead of direct narration). Of course some purists were upset, but at least the movie goers were amazed and satisfied.

Yes, you can make any adjustments in a way you see they benefit the adaptation, I really approciate how PJ gave Arwen more screentime because she IS important, especially to Aragorn, and just because she doesn't appear much in the actual text does not mean she is irrelavant (Tolkien really wanted to put more emphasis on her but couldn't, thus there is a whole section for her and Aragorn in the Appendice), good thing that PJ understood this. Mahouka's anime weakest point is the abundance of unnecessary things (thus compromise the whole experience). The biggest offender in this regard is the drawn out Tatsuya's worshipping LOL, most notably is Miyuki.

Instead of making her obvious brocon-ess more obvious, why don't ya elaborate her other sides? Like how she stomped the practice activities in class, or give other characters more screentime (like Mayumi for starter)?
Old 2014-07-20, 02:50   Link #1703
Verisimilitude

Vol 5 will probably be skipped, defintely. Vol.6-7 has 13 chapters to 3-4's 14 chapters though. Does anybody have a page count of each volume?

All I want from the anime right now is for Yokohama's Chapter 10-13 to be done well. Watching the 1st High Students unleash their full strength in a real battle should be fun to watch.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 03:17   Link #1704
zztop

How much LN material is left until the current Interschool Magic Games arc ends? Because the anime seems to be taking quite some time getting through this arc.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 03:25   Link #1705
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
How much LN material is left until the current Interschool Magic Games arc ends? Because the anime seems to be taking quite some time getting through this arc.
There's still Chapters 11,12,13 and 14 to cover.
Old 2014-07-20, 06:34   Link #1706
Verisimilitude

Anyway the Mahouka thread on Reddit also has a LN to anime Index in case anyone wnats to know what chapter each episode corresponds to, as well as what was adapted from the LN. They even have an Onii-sama counter.
Old 2014-07-20, 09:27   Link #1707
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Anyway the Mahouka thread on Reddit also has a LN to anime Index in case anyone wnats to know what chapter each episode corresponds to, as well as what was adapted from the LN. They even have an Onii-sama counter.
Would you be so kind as to provide a direct link, if possible?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 09:39   Link #1708
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Would you be so kind as to provide a direct link, if possible?
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/commen...ei_episode_16/
Old 2014-07-20, 13:44   Link #1709
Galacticichi

Did Kudou always have no eyes? Where are his eyes!!?!?!?
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 15:26   Link #1710
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

I think i am the only one who liked all that acrobatic shooting part, even though it wasn't like that in the novel, i found it enjoyable in some way. So now it will be the compilation of the rest of the arc in some chaps.
Question for the one that read all the yokohama arc, since i am actually starting it, do many things happen in the first book of that arc, or its like an introduction for the action and other thing that happened in the LN7?
Old 2014-07-20, 16:07   Link #1711
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
I think i am the only one who liked all that acrobatic shooting part, even though it wasn't like that in the novel, i found it enjoyable in some way. So now it will be the compilation of the rest of the arc in some chaps.
Question for the one that read all the yokohama arc, since i am actually starting it, do many things happen in the first book of that arc, or its like an introduction for the action and other thing that happened in the LN7?
I liked this part too. As long as he is trying to shoot all the bullets it's good. I don't see how we could differentiate it from the LN, it's just an adaptation.

Volume 6 is a an introduction but there is also action, comedy and stuff. Volume 7 is the most action packed volume of Mahouka so far.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 17:51   Link #1712
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, i don't really care how much of the set up (vol. 6) they really do. they're probably going to cut the angry sister and other minor events to squish everything into 2 eps.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 06:50   Link #1713
pampz21
ShipCore

Damn theyre gonna push through till ep 19 for a 9SC.

I guess next ep would be the episode where Tatsuya snaps and wear his badass like a cloak.

Theyre probably gonna cut the election and just announce it when Tatsuya's group are disscussing about the election. Well looks like we wont get the ice queen scene if that happens

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 07:48   Link #1714
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

I guess next ep would be the episode where Tatsuya snaps and wear his badass like a cloak.

Theyre probably gonna cut the election and just announce it when Tatsuya's group are disscussing about the election. Well looks like we wont get the ice queen scene if that happens
19, really? That's cutting it a bit short for Yokohama.

Cutting out the student election shouldn't be a problem, really. Apart from Mayumi figuring out that Tatsuya has a connection to the Yotsuba, that short story doesn't contain anything vitally important to the overal plot. The election can easily be brought up in conversation between the students or something to explain why Azusa is now the Student Council president. And given how much of Mayumi's screentime and characterisation has already been slashed, why should the anime bother to add that scene

I am surprised that they don't seem to be giving themselves time to adapt the beach chapter though. Not only does that follow up on information already given in the anime (Tatsuya's lack of emotions, Honoka's falling in love with him, the relationship between the siblings), it's also a swimsuit fanservice chapter. I thought all anime were required by law to have at least one of those?

Oh well, as others have mentioned, maybe there's hope for some OVAs.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 08:26   Link #1715
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

Can I have a source for the Ep19 statement?
Old 2014-07-21, 08:38   Link #1716
renuac

Oh, Chiaki appears in the next episode. Foreshadowing
Old 2014-07-21, 08:42   Link #1717
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by renuac View Post
Oh, Chiaki appears in the next episode. Foreshadowing
Really? Isn't that Koharu instead of Chiaki? She's Kobayakawa's technician after all.
Old 2014-07-21, 08:59   Link #1718
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Really? Isn't that Koharu instead of Chiaki? She's Kobayakawa's technician after all.
Ah, you're probably right - I hadn't considered they'd ressemble each other so much. Still foreshadowing though
Old 2014-07-23, 20:30   Link #1719
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

So... no one has some preview pics from the next chapter??
And a little question, did tatsuya use flash cast when he auto activated the recovery magic or when he snaped his finger to beat masaki?
Old 2014-07-23, 21:05   Link #1720
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
So... no one has some preview pics from the next chapter??
And a little question, did tatsuya use flash cast when he auto activated the recovery magic or when he snaped his finger to beat masaki?
Flash Cast is still spellcasting. It does not automate magic. Self-Restoration is in a league of its own.

But he did indeed Flash Cast the snap.

Edit: Also, the reason why it didn't draw surprised reactions is because he configured a CAD for Oscillation magic to cover for this, so they all assumed he channeled through the CAD for it.

Last edited by Rava; 2014-07-23 at 21:17.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote