AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-12, 22:50   Link #1
lxxragnarokxxl

Anime Fans, We Need Your Help!

hi everyone . i'd like to thank those of you who have taken their precious time to read this post. a group and i have decided to make a Petition to bring the Crest/Banner of the Stars novels (aka Seikai no Monshou/Senki) over to the U.S., translated into English. it blends sci-fi action, drama and romance in such a way that it really binds you to this series which is why we love it so much and are going through with this petition...
As of right now, no plans have been made to bring the Japanese novels over in the forseeable future . hopefully, we will obtain enough signatures on the petition to make a positive impact on the publishers we plan to send the petition to, but we'll need your help in order to make it happen. please take a moment of your precious time to sign the petition at the link. all that is required is a name or screen name, nothing more. i thank you on behalf of everyone involved in this petition and you can take enormous pride in yourself knowing that you contributed to a great cause in bringing the Seikai novels to the U.S. and making so many anime fans happy! Thank you again

http://s94704209.onlinehome.us/petition.php
Old 2004-09-12, 22:57   Link #2
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Ahhh! You posted this on the LinuxQuestions.org forum too didn't you? I remember seeing it and thinking "man this is weird, should I tell him that he'd get a better reaction from animesuki.com or jref.com??? nahhhh". Anyways though your cause is noble I think this counts as spam/advertising. Instead why don't you post something relevant on the forums you visit and put an ad in your signature like I do? You won't believe how many sucke...errr, visitors link to my site from AnimeSuki.
Old 2004-09-12, 23:05   Link #3
lxxragnarokxxl

Exclamation Crest/Banner of the Star Petition

hi everyone . thanks for taking your time to read this post. a group of Seikai ( Crest/ Banner of the Stars related) fans and I have decided to make a petition for the Japanese Seikai novels. we're going to be sending our petition to a number of companies asking them to translate the novels in English and distributing them in the U.S., but as of right now there are no plans for that in the forseeable future .
as a fan of anime and of Seikai, we need your help in bringing these wonderful novels over to the states. its mix of sci-fi action, drama and romance are done in near perfect harmony and the character development between the two main characters is the centerpiece of the 3 seasons of anime based upon the novels. we soon found ourselves very fond of the series, but to our dismay, the novels were not available to read. only with your support can we bring the Seikai novel to the states. all that we ask of you is a signature and nothing more. you can be proud that you've taken part in such a great cause in helping to bring the Seikai novels to the U.S. and making seikai and anime fans alike very happy =)! Thank you

http://s94704209.onlinehome.us/petition.php
Old 2004-09-13, 01:23   Link #4
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I really don't like the fact that this account was opened just to bring us this wonderful message; it shows a lack of interest in or respect for what this forum is about, while insisting that what you are interested in is important to forum members. Posting twice in this forum doesn't help your case either.

I am not interested in this sort of thing. I would prefer that publishers interested in translations of Japanese novels stick to literature. Due to their efforts I have been able to read many fine works.
Old 2004-09-13, 10:13   Link #5
lxxragnarokxxl

My Sincerest Apologies

From a previous post:
I really don't like the fact that this account was opened just to bring us this wonderful message; it shows a lack of interest in or respect for what this forum is about, while insisting that what you are interested in is important to forum members. Posting twice in this forum doesn't help your case either.

I am not interested in this sort of thing. I would prefer that publishers interested in translations of Japanese novels stick to literature. Due to their efforts I have been able to read many fine works

I am sorry if my actions on this forum has offended anyone, especially to babbito2k who valiantly voiced his/her opinion about my Crest/Banner of the Stars petition. I came here because I believed the Seikai series would get a decent measure of attention from the good people who visit the forums and read the posts. In no way did I intend to show any lack of respect for this forum, and I in fact, do respect the forum and those behind it for bringing people from all over the country into this wonderful anime community. I did not insist that Seikai is important to the people here, however I did say it would be a worthwhile cause to help bring the series into the U.S. through their support via the petition. Not only would they be doing a great sevice to my group and I, but to all the thousands of Seikai fans who would like the novels to be translated and brought to the States. The last thing I want to do is force someone into signing the petition.

Yes, I did post twice on the forum and I accept full responsibility for it. You may have my posts deleted and ban my membership from the site. It is my fault for overstepping the boundaries for what I did. However, I have succeeded in doing one thing: raising the awareness of Seikai for other people. Although the petition may ultimately fail, letting people know of the existence of such a fine and great work (in my opinion of course) by Hiroyuki Morioka is more than I could have hoped for. Although very popular in Japan, spawning three seasons of anime, a forth in the works, a manga series and movies, it is sorely lacking any promotion in the U.S. By raising the awareness level of the Seikai series for others, I have completed what I set out to do, albeit not completely. You may call me a fanatic or whatnot. It does not matter to me. This is my way of showing my dedication to a work that I believe deserves the attention and promotion that it is deplorably deprived of.

You may not be interested in my efforts for the Seikai series, and I accept that. It is your opinion of course, but remember this: women would not have as many freedoms as they would today if it weren't for the effort of others. Although you may think it is fatuous to be comparing animation and a woman's rights, it does however, show what persistence and a raised level of awareness may ultimately achieve.

Thank you for taking your time to read this post. Many may think me a fool after reading this and perhaps I am. But at least I am a fool for doing my best in what I believe in and strive to achieve. I apologize again if I have offended anyone and shown disrespect this forum.

As my professor says ,"Don't HAVE a nice day; MAKE it a darn good day."
Closed Thread