AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-03, 18:16   Link #1441
~BC~

Quote:
The one thing I really don't get was Shoko stripping. How does her stripping prove that she was being honest? And blonde guy acts horrified at her stripping, as though Shoko was some totally ugly person rather than the attractive young woman she is.
Well obviously the main reason was for fanservice. They could have just as easily had her cut her hand or swear on her grand-mother's grave or something but that'd make everything too serious.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 18:17   Link #1442
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Exactly what I thought when he kept wanting Haruto to make a contract.
I kind of see like L-Elf as a mixture of CC & Lelouch more than Kyuubey
Old 2013-05-03, 18:23   Link #1443
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Thanks! Oh..... the funny fansubbers strike again.

(If anyone wants to know, all she said was that she was proving her innocence. Of lying.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Well obviously the main reason was for fanservice. They could have just as easily had her cut her hand or swear on her grand-mother's grave or something but that'd make everything too serious.
I read this as "cut off her hand" - that would've been pretty hardcore. XD
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 18:35   Link #1444
Kirarakim

As someone who has a very low tolerance for all fan service, Shouko almost but not taking off her clothes was very low on the scale of annoyance. To me that was much more a tease.

The students being in their swim suits in the first ep was far worse.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:00   Link #1445
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
As someone who has a very low tolerance for all fan service, Shouko almost but not taking off her clothes was very low on the scale of annoyance. To me that was much more a tease.

The students being in their swim suits in the first ep was far worse.
Yeah, she didn't even go down to her underwear.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:03   Link #1446
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I like how Saki says that she has no idea what's going on right now.

I guess something like this wasn't added to the tv tropes list.

It's also a bad thing when the only sane and "rational" people are L-Elf and Saki. IMO

As of EP4, Moses is on my Top 3 faves in Valvrave. Part dat sea, son!!!

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-05-03 at 19:17.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:05   Link #1447
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I like how Saki says that she doesn't has no idea what's going on right now.

I guess something like this wasn't added to tv tropes list yet.
Judging by reactions, I don't think that most people are really aware of what she's trying to do here.

I'm even less sure why stripping makes an argument more valid, but I feel like joining the debate team suddenly.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:34   Link #1448
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
Back to the how "many valvrave" there are, i am pretty sure there is more than one as in the opening it shows all the "others" as well as a combined form of it at the end.
This episode had a nice touch making Shoko shine, wonder who's next?
That's not a combined form, but Valvrave 01 getting the powerup from Seppeku seen in ep2.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 21:00   Link #1449
pampz21
ShipCore

I really hate the MC of this, I like L-elf to be the MC, Haruto sucks ball hes kiss ass to his gurl!!!
Like a simple island save an entire school....just becuz they have a robot!!! hahaha funnyyyyy???!!!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 22:45   Link #1450
Irenesharda

I have a feeling that many of these students are going to die. I don't mean the supporting characters shown, but the other 440 or so students that are in the background. I smell the scent of "cannon fodder" all over those no-name teens.

As for the others, Sunrise is not known for making light, happy mecha series so I sense tragedy on the horizon our naively triumphant (for now...) students.

While I think Shoko a very good female lead, I think this whole independence thing was a "heat of the moment" decision and not very thought out in the long run. To try to challenge ARUS is one thing, they will probably think about it and dismiss them. Dorssia however with consider this a challenge and they are the nation who are built up on a superiority complex of being the "strongest". I highly doubt they will take this lying down, especially being taunted by some teenage, wet-behind-the-ears students.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 22:54   Link #1451
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Wow, that was over the top. I can't wait how will their "independence" come crashing down.

Maybe, they should start finding out who made the Valvrave. The organization who made it might help them out... for a price.

I am guessing L-Elf have to modify his plans yet again.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:55   Link #1452
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
I really hate the MC of this, I like L-elf to be the MC, Haruto sucks ball hes kiss ass to his gurl!!!
Like a simple island save an entire school....just becuz they have a robot!!! hahaha funnyyyyy???!!!
L-Elf function better as the mysterious character, besides if he was the MC than they would have to tone down his awesomeness.

Shoko isn't his girl, they're just friends since he decided not to confess. So Shoko is still single and now L-Elf is interested in her... Drama~

Shoko's idea does work since the war hasn't gone either way yet and the cost of winning is high as heck for either side. Valvrave would give a huge advantage due to how easily it crushed the state of the art mecha and it's the first time they've seen a functional humanoid one.

So each side wants Valvrave and they have no choice but to play along since they can't afford destroying it or letting the other side get Valvrave.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 22:58   Link #1453
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
While I think Shoko a very good female lead, I think this whole independence thing was a "heat of the moment" decision and not very thought out in the long run. To try to challenge ARUS is one thing, they will probably think about it and dismiss them. Dorssia however with consider this a challenge and they are the nation who are built up on a superiority complex of being the "strongest". I highly doubt they will take this lying down, especially being taunted by some teenage, wet-behind-the-ears students.
But, this isn't real life. Viewed through the prism of anime tropes, you have to remember that being an adult generally means being a fool, so you may want to re-adjust your expectations on the generational interplay between our teenage students and the big, bad, adults.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 23:01   Link #1454
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
So each side wants Valvrave and they have no choice but to play along since they can't afford destroying it or letting the other side get Valvrave.
This is actually incorrect. The Valvrave is a desire for the Dorssians but thus far only the ARUS has expressed a need for the machine. Based on the dialogue of the episodes, the ARUS seems to be at a disadvantage. Even then, as I mentioned after watching the episode, as far as I can tell there's not really anything stopping ARUS from getting the jump on them, killing the vampire pilot (temporarily), and stealing the mecha. After all, the pilot doesn't live in it, and there's still an ARUS presence on the module.

Edit: I want to throw in a bit of extra clarification here: The Dorssians have been trying quite hard to get their hands on the Valvrave but there's never been a need for it established. What has been established is that the Dorssians are militarily superior to the ARUS. This has been established both in dialogue, and in the actual action scenes.

At first glance the plan might seem meritable, but if you start dissecting it you'll find many glaring flaws. In reality this plan would, at best, delay very slightly their fate (which I wager would be the Dorssians just destroying everything and continuing to be more powerful anyhow, especially with the addition of the Dyson Sphere to their holdings).
Old 2013-05-03, 23:08   Link #1455
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
But, this isn't real life. Viewed through the prism of anime tropes, you have to remember that being an adult generally means being a fool, so you may want to re-adjust your expectations on the generational interplay between our teenage students and the big, bad, adults.
Oh, I am judging it on anime terms. If this was real life, this war would be much more complicated and those high school students could have never come together even as they did, nor could they make it last.

However, in a mecha series you're going to have to expect there to be a reality check for the MC and his friends. This usually happens in the climax of the story. So I'm fully preparing for everything to come crashing down by the end of this cour.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-03, 23:27   Link #1456
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ @Irenesharda:
You might wanna edit your two posts above and combine it into one. We're not allowed to double-post here unless you want to resurrect an old thread. Just a little advice
Old 2013-05-03, 23:43   Link #1457
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ @Irenesharda:
You might wanna edit your two posts above and combine it into one. We're not allowed to double-post here unless you want to resurrect an old thread. Just a little advice
Still learning things here. I think that I just type so fast and I'm used to a busier time in forums where by the time I'm finished typing one comment, several more have always appeared so that my comments never ended up appearing together.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-03, 23:57   Link #1458
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
This is actually incorrect. The Valvrave is a desire for the Dorssians but thus far only the ARUS has expressed a need for the machine. Based on the dialogue of the episodes, the ARUS seems to be at a disadvantage. Even then, as I mentioned after watching the episode, as far as I can tell there's not really anything stopping ARUS from getting the jump on them, killing the vampire pilot (temporarily), and stealing the mecha. After all, the pilot doesn't live in it, and there's still an ARUS presence on the module.

Edit: I want to throw in a bit of extra clarification here: The Dorssians have been trying quite hard to get their hands on the Valvrave but there's never been a need for it established. What has been established is that the Dorssians are militarily superior to the ARUS. This has been established both in dialogue, and in the actual action scenes.

At first glance the plan might seem meritable, but if you start dissecting it you'll find many glaring flaws. In reality this plan would, at best, delay very slightly their fate (which I wager would be the Dorssians just destroying everything and continuing to be more powerful anyhow, especially with the addition of the Dyson Sphere to their holdings).
They still want Valvrave and they don't want ARUS to have it since it would change the war into the ARUS's favor. Thus they cannot openly try and get it though they still have the kids they could sneak in.

The Valvrave has also proved very powerful. If they attacked they would waste a ton of resources and there's no guarantee that it wont escape, even if the students are killed, and join the ARUS for revenge.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 00:10   Link #1459
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I don`t know if all the students are really ready to play a daring game with the Dorsians with their families on the line.
And if the gave the Valvrave to either side, they became unless to both.

For a major twist, I`m for JIOR being actually more evil than both sides put together and Haruto becoming their undead slave.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 00:36   Link #1460
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
They still want Valvrave and they don't want ARUS to have it since it would change the war into the ARUS's favor. Thus they cannot openly try and get it though they still have the kids they could sneak in.

The Valvrave has also proved very powerful. If they attacked they would waste a ton of resources and there's no guarantee that it wont escape, even if the students are killed, and join the ARUS for revenge.
I don't know if it would take all that much for really either side to come against "Free JIOR". Dorssia took down all of JIOR with only a small squadron and almost captured the Valvrave with only 5 operatives.

Haruto, despite powers is only one guy, and I think that Senator Figaro was probably telling the truth when he stated earlier that though Valvrave is powerful, it can't go up against the strength of a larger Dorssian military. Even the ARUS knows that it has to be mass-produced to be effective against Dorssia. Also I think, if L-11 is any indication, that Dorssia is stubborn and smart enough that they would rather destroy the Module and the Valvrave than have ARUS have it, and they will think of a way to beat the teens at their own game.

Also there's the issue that these are teenagers who have never studied war or tactics and seem to be more interested in tweeting and being in comfort and safety to know much in the ways of war and survival. And yet, on a whim they have decided to go up against two superpowers that have been at war for some time and won't be put off by a young teenage girl's blackmail scheme.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire