AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-09, 02:00   Link #21
solomon

Only way the work of this script team could be screwed up is intense meddling on the networks part, Sato's work on Ergo Proxy kicked major ass and Ohnogi is one of the original Studio Nue peeps so this should turn out pretty darn interesting especially given the strong source material.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 02:25   Link #22
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Terra
Terrae
Terrae
Terram
Terra
Terra
What kind of order is that? Nom, Gen, Dat, Acc, Voc, Abl? Weird...

(just finished a classics degree don'tchaknow)

Anyway, Dai Sato is a bit iffy (I thought his Ergo episodes were frequently the weakest) but if Izubuchi's doing some of the writing too there should be some decent stuff in there (along with the other writers whose names I don't immediately recognise).
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 02:54   Link #23
wao
OK.

Yes, I agree Dai Sato does better work when he's not the series composer.. but still, I'm a little apprehensive. More than that though, I'm not too happy about Hiroshi Ohnogi doing the writing, I don't usually like his 'serious' stuff. I remember not particularly liking the eps of Noein that he scripted, for most of them. He can't even beat Kawamori in writing when it came to Aquarion (for the most part, I think).

Don't know much about scriptwriters but I remember Saizo Nemoto did the recent Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho (well, not like that's a good thing in terms of scriptwriting...), but Satoru Nishizono did NHK ni Youkoso, which I did like the script of - although how much of it is due to him and how much due to the manga, I'm not sure.

And ack, Tokyo Kids? That's worrying, and at the same time I'm incredibly surprised that people like Izubuchi and Sato and a major station like MBS are giving these two studios such a big chance.
Old 2007-02-09, 03:33   Link #24
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
He can't even beat Kawamori in writing when it came to Aquarion (for the most part, I think).
To be fair and as much as I liked it, I don't think Aquarion is good gauge to judge the general writing of ANYONE who participated in it

Though I generally really like Ohnogi's work, so I can't say his appearance here bothers me, exactly the opposite actually.

Quote:
Satoru Nishizono did NHK ni Youkoso, which I did like the script of - although how much of it is due to him and how much due to the manga, I'm not sure.
The anime diverged QUITE a bit from the manga. If you liked the second half of the show writing wise, you can probably attribute that to him and not the manga.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 10:48   Link #25
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Sato and Ohnogi in addition to Izubuchi?

What is this, studio Sunrise Old Boy Network reunion? 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 10:57   Link #26
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
What kind of order is that? Nom, Gen, Dat, Acc, Voc, Abl? Weird...

(just finished a classics degree don'tchaknow)
Yep. That's the way I've been taught all of the declensions at both middle and high school (for a total of around 7 years of latin, ouch). Which is one of the first things that come to my mind everytime I tyr to remember some of my rusty latin knowledge since it's something that one usually learns by heart.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 16:47   Link #27
7Th
Mixtape

To Terra's promotional poster:

7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 18:48   Link #28
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
To Terra's promotional poster:

It's English! Actual, honest to god English! Where did they steal it from?

Also, ataraxia = tranquility in Greek. Nifty.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 19:28   Link #29
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Oh my, a non-engrish description? It's as if they knew that there's also foreign people interested in this show besides the japanese audience.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 19:35   Link #30
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
This description sounds a lot like Logan's Run.

Post-apocalyptic society, system of rigid social control, main hero becoming an outcast and seeking a legendary Sanctuary where he and others like him can be free.

Which is good, mind you. It's a good story, let's see how they execute is with space travel and robots. 8)
Old 2007-02-13, 05:31   Link #31
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The official website is finally back after Aniplex took it down when they realized it wasn't ready to public release. The only differences seem to be that they have added one more writer to the staff page and removed Keith's design from the characters page. I wonder what's up.

Anyway the additional writer is Shigeru Morita. He's done a ton of work for SEED, SEED-D, Stargazer and the Astray spin-offs, as well as a bunch of Blood+ eps. I wonder why this show has so many goddamn writers in the first place. ^^;
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 10:43   Link #32
wao
OK.

I sincerely hope it isn't a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth... At least, I just hope whoever's in charge of this makes sure that the writing is generally consistent (though I get a feeling it won't be, anyway). Sometimes just having two writers that are significantly different in familiarity with the characters/story or in skill level can make a show go somewhat bipolar...

I don't know much about scriptwriters but I think I've watched enough to vaguely grasp certain groupings like the type of people Dai Sato hang out with and the type the I.G. writers hang out with (well actually, they hang out with each other, I think). But this combination strikes me as a bit unusual, I wonder who picked them? Or how they're linked?

And holy carp, it's really English! I remember something about Dai Sato's company frognation having an office in the UK and dealing with English-related things too, they have English staff I think... (I might be wrong on this) Maybe he got one of them to proofread the article. I think that chunk might rank among one of the best English texts I have ever seen on a Japanese site for an anime. It actually sounds perfectly normal.

By the way, forgive me if this has been answered before but... so is this going to be a doroku anime or not?
Old 2007-02-13, 11:22   Link #33
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Yes. To Terra will be replacing Ayakashi Ayashi in the 18:00 Saturday timeslot on TBS/MBS station.

PS: See, I even explained the "doroku" thing before people asked. 8)
Old 2007-02-13, 11:30   Link #34
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I think wao was asking if it's been officially confirmed. The answer to that would be no. Aniplex and MBS/TBS are definitely skirting around the issue right now because any official indication that Ayakashi Ayakashi has been cancelled would only make the ratings for the remainder of the episodes plunge even further.
Old 2007-02-13, 12:00   Link #35
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
I sincerely hope it isn't a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth... At least, I just hope whoever's in charge of this makes sure that the writing is generally consistent (though I get a feeling it won't be, anyway). Sometimes just having two writers that are significantly different in familiarity with the characters/story or in skill level can make a show go somewhat bipolar...
Its really not that much different from many other anime shows... Most shows have a long list of staff that contribute different scripts for different episodes... Then a "Series Editor" (シリーズ構成) is in charge of keeping everything together.

The difference here is that there doesn't seem to be anyone like that in charge. At least no one in that role has been announced...
Old 2007-02-14, 10:58   Link #36
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Cast info from ANS:

Mitsuki Saiga as Jomy Mark Shin
Ai Orikasa as Mother Computer
Marina Inoue as Seki Leigh Shiroei
Norio Wakamoto as Narration
Sanae Kobayashi as Physis
Takehito Koyasu as Keith Anyan
Tomokazu Sugita as Soldier Blue
Daisuke Namikawa as Leo
Juurouta Kosugi as Harley
Wataru Hatano as Sam Houston
Yukana as Jomy's mother.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 12:41   Link #37
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Mitsuki Saiga!!!!!! Sanae Kobayashi!!! Tomokazu Sugita!!

This series just shot WAY up on my to-watch list. *is giddy*
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 15:28   Link #38
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Yes, that's a very cool cast. A good combination of solid male baritone and cute girly girls. 8)
Old 2007-02-14, 17:54   Link #39
wao
OK.

Mitsuki Saiga?

Takehito Koyasu?

Daisuke Namikawa?

Juurouta Kosugi?

Norio Wakamoto? (even if it's just the narration)

Oh god, as if I didn't have enough shows to watch already as it is...
Old 2007-02-27, 14:46   Link #40
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.mbs.jp/terra-e/

Tags
shounen